Name something you liked&disliked about each season

The amazing anime that this site is dedicated to.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

HighC
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Name something you liked&disliked about each season

Post by HighC » Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:29 pm

Classic

Liked:The other Senshi are more effective then they would eventually became when by S their almost thrown in the background save their 2-3 spotlighted episodes. The monsters usually weren't stupid looking and actually menancing (for you know kid show standards) The finale was the best of the series.The Generals sans Jadeite have more personality then future henchmen.

Disliked:Even in the original it was way to damn obvious who the Moon Princess was before it's revealed and they still try to pass it off as a big shock, they just don't flat out say it from day one like the dub did. I think the manga was the only way that made is a surprise. Also looking back the animation is pretty bad.

R
Liked:Cooan's redemption was touching.

Disliked: Pretty much everything else

S
Liked:The pure heart holders actually came as a shock,the inner senshi finally got their own transformation music instead of having to use Sailor Moon's,The Outer transformation music was epic. Mamoru/Tuxedo Kamen is almost non existent

Disliked:The climatic battle for the end of the world was actually really anti climatic

SuperS
Liked:Animation had improved BIG TIME. Music had also improved greatly. Nehelania at the time of SuperS was a villain with no grey in between. And dub wise Let's Fight and Rini's Rhaspody are actually pretty good songs.

Disliked: To many Boring fillers.

Sailor Stars

Liked:Outers were back! Almost no Mamoru!

Disliked:The Starlights,the MOTD,Pluto and Saturn were wasted.

Jamesares
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Jamesares » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:03 pm

Classic

Liked: Good overall story, good characters development, the general and villains were usually at least competent.

Disliked: some of the revelations were moderately predicable.

R

Liked: Good character development, again villains were competent for the most part

Disliked: whinny Chibi-usa, breakup arc, overall story was little on the boring side.

S

Liked: The Outers, overall story was good, Villains still largely competent.

Dislike: begin to see a shift towards the more goofy MOTD, The attitude of the outer towards the inner senshi.

SuperS

Liked: Senshi upgrade to Super Senshi, introduction of my favorite attacks (Aqua Rhapsody and Flame Sniper).

Disliked: Focus too much on Chibi-usa, MOTDs were overall goofy, Amazon Trio, ending was anti-climatic

Stars

Liked: Seiya, developing relationship between Seiya and Usagi, lack of Mamoru, Sailor Animamates, return of Outers

Disliked: Ending was a disappointing, under use of Outers, MOTD were still a bit goofy
Last edited by Jamesares on Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
There Shall Come One After Me
And From Death’s Icy Grip
She Shall Bring Light Upon The World Once More
And Placed Upon A Crystal Throne
Her Light Shall Shine Forever More
-Rise of Crystal Tokyo 1st Prophecy

“Oh, yes, I can just see it now. I’ll tell the others how I tried to talk you out of this like a reasonable, responsible friend, and you threw a Deep Submerge at me.”
-Rei to Michiru, Long Way Down by RadiantBeam

"I rather laugh with the Sinners than cry with the Saints, the Sinners are much more fun."
-Bill Joel, Only The Good Die Young

Words of Advice:
1. Always remember you are normal, it everyone else that "weird".
2. Remember Ferengi Rules of Acquisition #76: Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies.
3. Jack may be nimble and Jack may be quick, but he still burned his a** on the candlestick.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:21 pm

Classic:

Liked: The old school art style, the storyline of the past on the moon

Disliked: The "doom tree", if that counts as classic

R:

Liked: Black Lady, the black moon villains

Disliked: Chibiusa, the stupid dream-break-up thing between Mamoru and Usagi

S:

Liked: The outers, Saturn, Professor Tomoe

Disliked: ...Honestly, nothing. S is probably my favorite season.

SS:

Liked: The amazon trio was amusing..there were also some very humorous episodes

Disliked: CHIBIUSA X 1,000,000,000.

Stars:

Liked: Seiya/Seiya and Usagi, lack of Mamoru, the humor, reintroduction of the outers, Sailor Galaxia

Disliked: The other two starlights, the way Usagi was drawn like a bulimic, ChibiChibi

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

Jonathan
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Jonathan » Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:26 pm

Classic:

Likes: The overall story, the original guardian senshi have stories and personalites, the season finale was one of the best.

Dislikes: Sort of predictable

R:

Likes: The second story was good, inner senshi get upgraded, and are still important

Dislikes: the first story was kinda boring (Ail and Ann), Chibiusa got real annoyin real quick

S:

Likes: Haruka and Michiru, Setsuna, Hotaru, the monsters of the day were more interesting than in any other season, inner senshi music, Witches 5, Prof. Tomoe, Mistress 9 was deliciously evil, and Chibiusa was becoming less annoyin than before

Dislikes: Inner senshi begin to somewhat fade into the background, the last 3 witches (Tellu, Viluy, and Cyprine) are underused and only last for one episode.

SuperS:

Likes: Ending was pretty good. Inner senshi get upgraded, Moon Gorgeous Meditation, and the Amazoness Quartette. MOTDs were funny

Dislikes: total lack of outer senshi, boring fillers, inner senshi kinda mesh together and become relatively unimportant, chibiusa seemingly becomes the star of the entire show

StarS:

Likes: Best story of all (2nd part), new intro song, animation was pretty good for the most part, Outer senshi return, Nehelenia was more badass, Sailor Starlights, Princess Kakyuu, Eternal Sailor Moon, ChibiChibi, Sailor Animamates, Galaxia, the way Uranus and Neptune deal with Galaxia

Dislikes: Although Nehelenia was more badass in this one, I think her story should have been done by SuperS, and Galaxia and the others could have more storytime, also, after having Chibiusa shoved down our throat at during the entire SuperS season, she disappears almost entirely, didnt like that the inner senshi completely fade into obscurity and easily die at the end, the way the outer senshi are widely underused (especially saturn and pluto), and the ending was kinda anti-climactic. Galaxia was bad, and she shoulda been bad til the very end IMO.

Despite all those things I dislike, StarS is my favorite season of all.
JonJon aka Jo-Nathan!!

"And my mother, out of necessity, was a whore."
-Gayle, Role Models

Sailormars Obsessed fan
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailormars Obsessed fan » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:23 am

Classic:

Liked: It's what got me interested in anime, the Nephrite plotline was great. The fact that they didnt do the romances between the sailorsenshi and the generals in the past, I hated that stuff

Disliked: Sailormoon getting nail polish during the transformation she wears gloves whats the point? The destiny romance between Usagi and Mamoru was a little forced in my opinion it just seemed artificial.

Doom Tree:

Liked: The story was great, and there was hardly any filler, the romantic rivalry was fun

Disliked: The animation seemed to take a downward turn, and it wasnt long enough

R

Liked: Wiseman was an awesome villian, the bad guys actually had a ledgit reason for striking at the world even if it was skewed by wiseman. Black Lady was HOT what can I say?

disliked: The nonsensical breakup plot, how easily Chibi-Usa was accepted by Usagi. I mean if I saw some little girl hypnotizing my parents I would have fought tooth and nail against her I wouldnt have been like "awww she's just a little kid." The very beginning of the senshi's new transformations (again with the nail polish)

S

Liked: The villians were finally a real threat the the senshi, I mean seeing them getting beat down by a tree was awesome, and then the final battle where they almost died. Mistress 9 was kinda HOT too lol

Disliked: The fact that none of the sailor senshi ever told Uranus where she can stick it. I mean if she treated me like that I wouldnt have been quiet about it, also how everything Haruka and Michiru did was just wonderful and needed that music, I mean even the amazing task of catching a goldfish was just SOOO WONDERFUL

SS

Liked: The other senshi getting their super forms, the plot was actually good when they actually got on with it

Disliked: The fact that the senshi other then moon and chibi-moon were made into background characters, the series amount of "GET ON WITH IT" syndrome this season had, and where were the outers?

Stars:

Liked: The way this season was so much more serious then the rest of the show, the fact that Mamoru wasnt in it much (not because I dislike him but because it made a very interesting plot twist), the fact that Galaxia realized Earth had places other then Tokyo on it, the monsters were kinda funny

Disliked: The outers really got snubbed in this espically Saturn, the fact that I had to get a bootleg of it because the idiotic company refused to release it in America.
"The great library of Willendorf, filled with dull tomes of trite accounts by pompous historians about matters that could not possibly be of interest to anyone but themselves." Kain -- Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

rockable
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by rockable » Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:48 pm

Classic

Liked: The series that got me hooked. Everything was still new and interesting. The series just had a certain "feel" to it that was lost later (can't explain it). All Senshi get character development (except maybe poor Makoto and Minako who show up way too late). Usagi iss still a normal girl and not the greatest person in the entire universe. The Naru/ Nephrite plot, the Rei/Yuichiro plot (that's what first got me interested in the series. Yeah, I know I'm weird) and the finale is still the greatest moment in Sailor Moon history.
Hated: That stupid Rei dating Mamoru subplot. :roll: GAH! :evil:
Too many boring filler episodes with only Usagi before the others show up.

Makiju Tree

Liked: I liked Ail and Ann getting together in the end. Some funny episodes, I guess.
Hated: The art is bad (the colours are so bland). The Moonlight Knight was awful. How could they ever think that dressing Mamoru as Lawrence of Arabia and giving him idiotic speeches would be a good idea? :roll: The "everyone is in love with either Usagi or Mamoru" trend that this season started.

R

Liked: The villains and the story in general, especially the sisters and Saffir. The Rei vs Cooan episode. Some funny episodes with Minako and Artemis.

Hated: the break-up, Tux's speeches getting worse and worse, Demand's obsession with Serenity. Chibiusa annoyed me, but not as much as she annoyed most other people.

S

Liked: the entire story, Prof. Tomoe was a great and creepy villain. For some reason, I really liked everyday objects turing into daimons and the cruelty of people having their souls ripped out of their bodies, I always felt bad for the victims. The ironic twist with the talismans was fanatstic and I really liked Haruka and Michiru's relationship. I also liked Chibiusa and Hotaru's relationship, Chibiusa was actually halfway decent in this series.

Hated: The inner senshi being dumbed down so Haruka and Michiru would look better in comparison. They were perfectly capable of fighting without tripping over their feet every three seconds before, so why did they suddenly turn into complete morons? Haruka and Michiru's condescending attitude towards the inners, I often wanted to smack them.

SuperS

Liked:
I guess the art was great and the Amazon trio is funny

Hated: EVERYTHING ELSE. :twisted: The outers not being there. All these boring filler episodes about some person and his/her uninteresting problems with Chibiusa preaching the moral of the day in the end. Argh.
I wish the series had ended after S, SuperS completely ruined my love of Sailor Moon.

Stars

Liked: the Nehelenia arc, even though Nehelenia herself was kind of boring. Some great Haruka and Michiru moments, Aluminium Siren and Lead Crow were funny and Rei's death was sad..that's all I liked, really.

Hated: The Starlights, I just didn't like them. They took up too much spotlight and Seiya and Taiki look ugly. Ami, Rei, Makoto and Minako being nothing but fangirl caricatures throughout the entire series. And did we need another series of formulaic episodes about villains looking for something hidden in humans? Enough already with wasting screentime on boring people we'll NEVER see again! :twisted: And I disliked the entire concept of people turing into phages. Most of all, I hated the Usagi/Seiya relationship. I'm not sure why, but the scenes with them alone made me cringe. Most of all when he tried to act like Tuxedo Mask, I somehow felt embarassed for him/her being so pathetic.

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:13 pm

Classic

Liked: The whole doomed lovers thing (Endymion/Serenity), Nephrite story. Some of the MOTD were cool. Pretty much liked the whole story except for a few things. The senshi deaths were just the saddest thing ever and still am pissed that America didn't get to see it.

Disliked: Ughhh, yes I hate the Rei/Mamoru dating thing. Some of the fillers were blah, although I do like it when Usagi is fighting alone in the first few episodes.

R

Liked: The Ayakashi Sisters, Esmeraude, Demando, most of the villains from the Black Moon Clan except Rubeus. Some of the filler I liked.

Disliked: I am not a fan of the whole Doom Tree arc, except the final two episodes. Hated that Mamoru and Usagi broke up. Chibi-Usa was uber annoying. Yea those are my complaints.

S
Liked: Outers, villains. The whole story arc just was awesome definitely one of the best season of the bunch.

Disliked: The only major thing I disliked was how Haruka was being so anal at times.

SuperS
Liked: Animation, Amazon Trio (Particularly Fish-Eye), Nehelenia, Chibi-Usa/Helios

Disliked: Too many fillers.

Stars
Liked: 2 out of the 3 Starlights, Galaxia, some good filler. The music. The Nehelenia returns Arc.

Disliked: I really didn't like how Usagi was fussing over Mamoru and I felt like yelling at the computer "I'm sorry, but he's dead!". Taiki, she was just uggghhh, I didn't like her she and Haruka would work well together since both of them can be really anal at times.
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
I...Drink...Your...MILKSHAKE!!!-Daniel Plainview, There Will Be Blood
[email protected]#$%, you dont have a future.-The Bride, Kill Bill Vol. 2
Everybody say YATTA!!!
Whats the most youve ever lost on a coin toss?-Anton, No Country For Old Men
Dont toy with me Dr. Jones ! What is the point of all this?-Agent Irina Spalko, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Id sacrifice that bitch to satan!-Raye, Sailor Moon Abridged
I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you cant savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments-The Joker, The Dark Knight
DeviantART
AnimatedEvey12s Myspace, click if you dare!
My Blog
LJ!!!

_Alexander_
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by _Alexander_ » Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:19 am

Sailor Moon:
Liked: Usagi's character development, side characters got a lot of development, it had a lot of variety and interesting plots. The final episodes are amazing. I love Beryl as well.
Disliked: Minako came in a bit too late, she kinda got thrown in the whole Endymion/Serenity-plot.

Sailor Moon R:
Liked: Pretty much everything, serious development on all characters. You got to know every enemy with Koan and Petz being the peaks. Petz/Safir scenes are probably the most wonderful moments ever. Music hit its peak here, design as well, and animation improved tremendously.
Disliked: Nothing much, really. Some parts of episodes maybe, like the stupid ending after Rubeus died. >_>

Sailor Moon S:
Liked: Villains, especially Tomoe and Mimete. Pluto is amazing, some plots are amazing, and the violin music is kickass. Also, the "ending" is damn great.
Disliked: The fillers started to decline in this series. The Inners got less time, understandable, but dissapointing.

Sailor Moon SuperS:
Liked: Inners are back, still not enough because of Chibi-Usa, but still. Funnier moments, old attacks back, Amazon Trio. Improved animation.
Disliked: Too much "Usagi and Chibi-Usa always being together" and it got tiring when they "happened" to run into each other seconds before they transform. Design started to get worse, The Lemures looks horrible, too many fillers, and the Dream Mirrors got old extremely fast, faster than the Pure Hearts. Amazoness' Quartet are boring, and Nehelenia did nothing to me, she was a very boring villain.

Sailor Moon Stars:
Liked: I can't think of anything. O_O Maybe a few scenes that I like.
Disliked: Villains are the worst in the series, Galaxia included. Nehelenia's story was ruined with goody-goody. Music hits a low here. Animation are very stale. Design are the worst in the series, Mamoru doesn't even look like Mamoru anymore. Starlights. Fillers. Chibi-Chibi. The sudden departure of Chibi-Usa without a goodbye. The characters just doesn't feel like themselves.

Umino
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Umino » Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:22 pm

Sailor Moon

Liked - The Usagi-only episodes, the villians, the direction, character designs, the youma, the vocal songs, and the finale. I just love the ending scene with Usagi telling Naru her "dream".

Disliked - Some of the artists this season were just *bad*.

Sailor Moon R

Liked - The new attacks, Black Moon theme, Emersuade, Aino Senshi, and the art (For some reason, it looked really nice in later R). Sailor Moon R the movie.

Disliked - The finale. Manga had a better ending. The fact the Phantom Sisters turned "good". The clipshow.

Sailor Moon S

Liked - The Outers. The music was AMAZING this season. The Pure Hearts were an interesting invention. The Witches 5.

Disliked - The lack of new vocal songs. They reused one from SMR, and used a classic 70's song. What the hell man? The fact Tellu, Viluy, Cyprine and Ptitol were only in one episode. The lack of Kazuko Tadano (SM/SMR character designer).

Sailor Moon SuperS

Liked - Spiffy looking art and animation. Amazon Trio, and Nehelenia. The cannon episodes were actually very good. The finale (Kunihiko+Ikuko Ito=YES). The SuperS special. The return of old characters (I'm impressed anyone remebered Reika. Even if she seemed total different).

Disliked - The Lemures. Monsters should be scary, not idiotic. The fillers were TERRIBLE this season. Lack of Outers. Tiger's Eye got too much spotlight. Same goes for VesVes. It seems like Usagi became even more immature in this season. The Sailor Senshi seem to treat battling with Lemures like a game.

Sailor Stars

Liked - The Starlights... to a point anyway. Outers return. The Animamates. The new songs. The ultimate finale.

Disliked - The new opening. I love the song, but Moonlight Densetsu is a classic. Nehelenia's return. The gender-bending, it just makes things more akward. The new animators. The lack of previous animators, like Ikuko Ito. Lack of Kunihiko. Outers, namely Saturn getting the shaft. Galaxia (she was a much more interesting character in the manga). I didn't really like the director this season ethier. He's great and everything, but I prefer Sato and Kunihiko.

Also, why is the last episode of Sailor Moon written by someone who wasn't involed with the show until SuperS?? That always bothered me.

Kelsey
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Kelsey » Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:58 am

Sailormars Obsessed fan wrote:Disliked: The fact that none of the sailor senshi ever told Uranus where she can stick it. I mean if she treated me like that I wouldnt have been quiet about it, also how everything Haruka and Michiru did was just wonderful and needed that music, I mean even the amazing task of catching a goldfish was just SOOO WONDERFUL
Hahaha, so true.

Classic

Liked: The character development, the monsters, the reoccurring side characters.

Disliked: Not enough time for Minako/Sailor Venus, the fact that she did pose as the princess like the manga

R

Liked: I liked the doom tree arc, actually. The fact that some of the villains turned good and some stayed evil

Disliked: Chibiusa was so annoying, the stupid break up, the useless clip show.

Super

Liked: Pretty much everything.

Disliked: [spoiler]Pluto's death, it was so touching in the manga but in the anime I didn't even realise she died at first. [/spoiler]

SuperS

Liked: The new attacks and transformations were amazing.

Disliked: Too much Chibiusa, too much filler, making Usagi go backwards in character development.

Stars

Liked: Pretty much everything. Except for Mamoru getting brainwashed yet again.

Disliked: Not enough outer time.

Jermyn
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Jermyn » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:25 pm

Classic
Liked- The character development and drama, The Youma, Queen Beryl, Nephrite, Zoisite, Kunzite, the Final Battle. The music
Disliked- lack of development for Jadeite, not enough focus on Queen Metallia as the true enemy, Episode 20. Rather dated animation on some episodes

R
Liked- Wiseman and Black Moon Clan, The Cardains and Droids, the finale of the Makaiju arc, the final battle against Black Lady and Wiseman. The whole concept of Crystal Tokyo, Sailor Moon R the movie. The music, The improved animation
Disliked- En got annoying very quick, Episode 67, Episode 89.

S
Liked- Professer Tomoe, The Witches 5 except for Mimete, Mistress 9, The Daimons, Hotaru, The music, the animation, the sense of dread for the approaching silence, Sailor Moon S the Movie.
Disliked- Pharaoh 90, the main villain of the season being horribly underdeveloped, lots of unexplained things about the Death Busters. Uranus and Neptune's attitude towards Sailor Moon and the Inner Senshi.

SuperS
Liked- Queen Nehelenia, Zirconia, the Amazon Trio, The Lemures, Helios/Pegasus, the surrealness of the season, the music, the animation. Sailor Moon SuperS the movie
Disliked- Lack of the Outer Senshi.

Stars
Liked- The Nehelenia returns arc, Sailor Galaxia, the Final Episode, the Music, the animation.
Disliked-The Sailor Starlights, incredibly stupid looking and weak monsters of the day, The Outer Senshi being dragged back only to get the shaft for most of the season, Uranus and Neptune's incredibly stupid plan to defeat Galaxia, Chibiusa disappearing without getting a proper sendoff. No Galaxy Cauldron or Sailor Cosmos.

Dinozore
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Dinozore » Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:40 pm

Tiff wrote:Disliked: The "doom tree", if that counts as classic
Doom Tree is part of R, isn't it?

Classic
Liked: most of it
Disliked: the first handful of episodes (the Moon-only ones), Usagi just isn't that entertaining by herself. The manga version of the final battle (and of Metallia period) is superior.

R
Liked: the Doom Tree arc (especially the new attacks gained therein)
Disliked: Chibi-Usa, that stupid dream breakup thing, Tuxedo Mask never gets powers (which he did in the manga).

S
Liked: Most of it
Disliked: Inners begin to become pointless (they even lose a new set of transformations and attacks they got in the equivalent arc of the manga, for some reason), we never get to see Saturn fight (the fight with Pharaoh 90 sounded kickass!). Also no cyborg Hotaru.

SuperS
Liked: not very much
Disliked: way too much Chibi-Usa and Usagi-heavy episodes (ie ones where it's pretty much only them. They really aren't that entertaining), Inners basically merge into one being that doesn't do much, Outers are gone, Makoto's Exam Battle was never animated, etc

Stars
Liked: Not as blatant a Senshi shooting gallery as the manga was, also some of the minor villains were great.
Disliked: the Starlights, the villains being largely idiots, etc.[/i]
"Tell my tale to those who ask... tell it truthfully, the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence..." last words of Dinobot, "Code of Hero"
"Is that a poisonous elephant in your pocket or are you happy to see me?" ~another forum
"Monster! I''''m going to collide with you indefinitely as my limbs flail wildly about!" ~NPC, Dragon Warrior VII
"I bet you were thinking how hot it would be to see Tsunade with her gates wide open, inviting you..." ~DuneMan
"To use gaming terms, Tyrannosaurus Rex was a camper--- and he pwned his prey!" ~BaronVonAwesome
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!" ~Dinobot

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:58 pm

Dinozore wrote: Doom Tree is part of R, isn't it?
...Hence why I put "IF that counts as classic" -_-

*Shrugs* Either way, I don't like it.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

HighC
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by HighC » Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:13 pm

Tiff wrote:
Dinozore wrote: Doom Tree is part of R, isn't it?
...Hence why I put "IF that counts as classic" -_-

*Shrugs* Either way, I don't like it.

I agree the whole thing was pretty much boring filler except for the ep where Usagi gets her new transformation

Jamesares
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Jamesares » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:18 pm

I actual enjoyed the Doom Tree Arc, I though for the most part the story was pretty good and I liked the interaction between Ali and An.
There Shall Come One After Me
And From Death’s Icy Grip
She Shall Bring Light Upon The World Once More
And Placed Upon A Crystal Throne
Her Light Shall Shine Forever More
-Rise of Crystal Tokyo 1st Prophecy

“Oh, yes, I can just see it now. I’ll tell the others how I tried to talk you out of this like a reasonable, responsible friend, and you threw a Deep Submerge at me.”
-Rei to Michiru, Long Way Down by RadiantBeam

"I rather laugh with the Sinners than cry with the Saints, the Sinners are much more fun."
-Bill Joel, Only The Good Die Young

Words of Advice:
1. Always remember you are normal, it everyone else that "weird".
2. Remember Ferengi Rules of Acquisition #76: Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies.
3. Jack may be nimble and Jack may be quick, but he still burned his a** on the candlestick.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:08 pm

Jamesares wrote:I actual enjoyed the Doom Tree Arc, I though for the most part the story was pretty good and I liked the interaction between Ali and An.
Yeah I couldn't stand the two of them. She was obnoxious and bratty, and he was annoying and thought he was Fabio.

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

Umino
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Umino » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:53 pm

Jamesares wrote:I actual enjoyed the Doom Tree Arc, I though for the most part the story was pretty good and I liked the interaction between Ali and An.
I didn't mind the mini-arc, I just thought it was so unoriginal. Stealing energy was the Dark Kingdom's job.

laffinizluv
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by laffinizluv » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:50 pm

Classic:

Liked: Good character development, okay pacing, interesting sub plots with Mamoru and Usagi, badass monsters

Disliked: Predictable at times, dated animation

R:

Liked: Addition of new characters, villians, good pacing

Disliked: subplot with Mamoru and Usagi break-up, Chibi-Usa at times

S:

Liked: Pacing, Outers, Animation finally up to speed, drama, the story being told

Disliked: Hotaru could be annoying at times, less focus on inners

SS:

Liked: Amazon Quartet, Animation, Pegasus and Dream-mirror thing intriques me...

Disliked: ... but is not pulled off well, too much Chibi-Usa, obvious lack of focus on other senshi, pacing... too much filler, finale seemed very out of nowhere, no build-up

Stars:

Liked: Star Lights, Animation, interesting stories, good comedy

Disliked: Animation suffered at times, Sailor Moon's new fuku, Chibi Chibi, lack of focus on other senshi

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:13 pm

laffinizluv wrote: Sailor Moon's new fuku
Yea, I hated how the Eternal Sailor Moon fuku came out in the anime. Over accessorized in my opinion.
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
I...Drink...Your...MILKSHAKE!!!-Daniel Plainview, There Will Be Blood
[email protected]#$%, you dont have a future.-The Bride, Kill Bill Vol. 2
Everybody say YATTA!!!
Whats the most youve ever lost on a coin toss?-Anton, No Country For Old Men
Dont toy with me Dr. Jones ! What is the point of all this?-Agent Irina Spalko, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Id sacrifice that bitch to satan!-Raye, Sailor Moon Abridged
I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you cant savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments-The Joker, The Dark Knight
DeviantART
AnimatedEvey12s Myspace, click if you dare!
My Blog
LJ!!!

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:52 pm

AnimatedEvey12 wrote:
laffinizluv wrote: Sailor Moon's new fuku
Yea, I hated how the Eternal Sailor Moon fuku came out in the anime. Over accessorized in my opinion.
I can't believe I forgot that. I really hated how big and fake ESM's wings looked. They were like...cut out from posterboard.

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama