Worst dub treatment of senshi transformations and attacks

The amazing anime that this site is dedicated to.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

smfan423
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Worst dub treatment of senshi transformations and attacks

Post by smfan423 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:49 am

Oh-kay, so which senshi do you think got the worst treatment as far as the dub attack and transformations "calls" go? Also include why you think so (eg Cloverway was really really inconsistent or this henshin name is horribly different from the original). You can also choice to treat DIC and Cloverway separately or combined.

(sorry if there is another thread on this...I couldn't find one)

Okay, I think the one could got the worst treatment was Jupiter. Her attacks were the most inconsistent overall, though she basically ties with Venus in the Cloverway dub.

NameGoesHere
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by NameGoesHere » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:04 am

Inconsistancy is bad, but...

Pluto Deadly SCREEEEEeeeeEEeeEEEAM!!!!!!!!!111onetwoskiptomylou

...just hurts.
NameGoesHere - Now made with 100% more ingredients.

smfan423
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by smfan423 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:56 am

yeah, but at least she only suffered for a small piece.

Passions55
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Passions55 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:15 pm

I think the fact that the air brushed the body lines on the senshi during their transformations is the biggest offender in the dubs. It's stupid it's not like the the girls are actually naked where they are transforming, the girls bodies aren't even flesh colored when they transform they glow their sailor colors. :roll:
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience

No one can ride your ass unless you bend over and Let them!

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:50 pm

Passions55 wrote:I think the fact that the air brushed the body lines on the senshi during their transformations is the biggest offender in the dubs. It's stupid it's not like the the girls are actually naked where they are transforming, the girls bodies aren't even flesh colored when they transform they glow their sailor colors. :roll:
ADMIN MODE:

The topic is about which SENSHI you think got the word treatment, attack/transformation-wise. This isn't about the transformation sequences in general.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

_Alexander_
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by _Alexander_ » Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:11 pm

Oy, all of them got such inconsistent attacks. :(

But I'll have to go with Mars, none of the companies could get her attacks the right. Only the SuperS-movie with "Mars! Flame Sniper".
But the worst one is: "Mega-Mars Fire-rings Flash!", only for that one, she got treated the worst. >_>

Passions55
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Passions55 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:34 pm

Tiff wrote:ADMIN MODE:The topic is about which SENSHI you think got the word treatment, attack/transformation-wise. This isn't about the transformation sequences in general.
opps, my bad. I miss under stood :oops:
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience

No one can ride your ass unless you bend over and Let them!

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:39 pm

Moon Tiara Vaporize!-I know it was only one episode but it seemed out of place.

Jupiter and Venus' attacks were screwed up badly, especially in season one and Venus Love Me Chain was changed from Whip, to rope to chain to blah, blah, blah blah.

I agree with Pluto, poor Pluto, even when I watched the dub I felt like her attack was out of place. It was as if Britney Spears took over for the attack portions of Pluto.
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
I...Drink...Your...MILKSHAKE!!!-Daniel Plainview, There Will Be Blood
[email protected]#$%, you dont have a future.-The Bride, Kill Bill Vol. 2
Everybody say YATTA!!!
Whats the most youve ever lost on a coin toss?-Anton, No Country For Old Men
Dont toy with me Dr. Jones ! What is the point of all this?-Agent Irina Spalko, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Id sacrifice that bitch to satan!-Raye, Sailor Moon Abridged
I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you cant savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments-The Joker, The Dark Knight
DeviantART
AnimatedEvey12s Myspace, click if you dare!
My Blog
LJ!!!

smfan423
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by smfan423 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:40 am

Well, my guess on Pluto was that they probably thought that that attack would be screamed. It is in the attack name...obviously we have to assume they were too stupid to actually watch some of the original show (which is really clear they didn't, come-on the attacks are actually in ENGLISH).

Btw, I know that this is a little off-topic but were Cloverway and Dic involved in the scripts at all or were they entirely distribution and Optimum was in charge of actually creating the dubs. (yes, I know the blame is really on the individuals in charge rather the companies but I still I wonder)

Back on-topic...yeah poor Venus, they change her attack from something kinky-ish sounding to actually being really kinky sounding.

Love-me chain to Venus Love Whip.... :lol: ...sounds like something you can buy at one of those 'novelty' shops.

Alexclow345
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Alexclow345 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:20 am

You guys can't forget the bad attacks...

Venus Love Chain Knockout!
Venus Love Chain Harness!
Sailor Venus! Venus Love and Beauty Shock!
Venus Power! Venus Love and Beauty Shock!
Venus Crystal Power!-92
All of the endless names for VLMC.

I think it's Venus.

Sorry Tiff! Edited!
Last edited by Alexclow345 on Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sailor Jupiter Rules!

Still don''t know why this sig sucks. And I''ve been spelling sailor wrong for 2 years. Huh.
NEW AND IMPROVED: Now with more Jupiter!

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:29 am

ADMIN MODE:

Guys, either discuss the topic the way it's supposed to, or not at all. Pick a senshi or two, and discuss. The point is not to list every inconsistant or stupid attack name. The point is to pick a senshi that you think got the WORST TREATMENT as far as attack names and transformation calls go.

Come on, I've already had to say this once.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

Elanorea
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Elanorea » Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:41 am

Hmm... difficult to decide... Pluto got her only attack badly mangled, but Jupiter and Venus had some hugely inconsistent attack names. I can't get over the treatment of Akuryo Taisan, but Mars overall had pretty much okay attacks, and Akuryo Taisan wasn't technically a Sailor Mars attack anyway.

Re-reading some of the Venus attack names, I think she got it the worst overall.

Aishiteru
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Aishiteru » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:25 am

As far as number of inconsistencies goes, I'd say Jupiter or Venus depending on the season, but the one that killed me most on the inside was actually Mars. They made the attack name for her Shinto priestess abilities "Mars Fireball Charge," making it seem that she could do that because she was a senshi, and not because she was a preistess. Also, everytime I didn't hear "Burning Mandala" I shaved about two minutes off of my mental lifespan. (Pluto's scream is just to painful to discuss.)
The Music of the Night and Tuxedo Mirage are what keep me from going completely INSANE! (right...)

Hikari no Senshi
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Wow!

Post by Hikari no Senshi » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:47 pm

Good Lord, no one has yet to mention how badly they screwed up the Outer Soldiers henshin! They went from Planet to Star Power. Even worse, Sailor Pluto, who henshin is seen twice in Super, is never ''Planet Power''. They did the same Sailor Moon in the begining of the R season. ''Moon Star Power!''.

:lol:

Dinozore
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Re: Wow!

Post by Dinozore » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:20 pm

Hikari no Senshi wrote:Good Lord, no one has yet to mention how badly they screwed up the Outer Soldiers henshin! They went from Planet to Star Power.
That one amused me, since they inadvertently fixed an inconsistency in the anime (the Inners got their Planet Power transformation in the S manga, which the anime skipped)...
"Tell my tale to those who ask... tell it truthfully, the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence..." last words of Dinobot, "Code of Hero"
"Is that a poisonous elephant in your pocket or are you happy to see me?" ~another forum
"Monster! I''''m going to collide with you indefinitely as my limbs flail wildly about!" ~NPC, Dragon Warrior VII
"I bet you were thinking how hot it would be to see Tsunade with her gates wide open, inviting you..." ~DuneMan
"To use gaming terms, Tyrannosaurus Rex was a camper--- and he pwned his prey!" ~BaronVonAwesome
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!" ~Dinobot

sailorperkytoot123
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by sailorperkytoot123 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:32 pm

Moon Cosmic Dream Action was probably the worst treatment ever, but the rest of Moon and Chibimoon's attacks and transformations were not that bad, so I couldn't say Moon or Chibimoon had the worst treatment....Mars Fireballs Charge was probably the second worst treatment of an attack/transformation, but again I wouldn't say it earns the senshi the title of worst treatment. So I'm gonna have to go with Jupiter and Venus (I'm torn between the two). Jupiter in the S season was incredibly inconsitant (gee, what WASN'T inconsistant in that season), but Venus Love Me Chain was also quite inconsistant. So....yeah, I'm gonna have to say Jupiter and Venus (oh yeah, and Venus also had that Crystal Power incident in the third S episode).

Iced_Cappucino
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Iced_Cappucino » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:00 am

I have to agree with Perkytoot, The worst transformation call I have ever heard would have to be Moon Cosmic Dream Action! *Shudder* it makes my ears bleed. Linda's voice is so screechy.

As for worst attack and transformation treatments in general I'd have to say Jupiter and Venus. I also don't understand how Haruka's World Shaking attack could be screwed up (Meteor strike anyone?) it's pretty much the only attack she uses for the first half of the season.
Ross: You got me a cola drink.
Chandler: And a LEMON LIME!

HighC
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by HighC » Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:20 pm

Iced_Cappucino wrote: I also don't understand how Haruka's World Shaking attack could be screwed up (Meteor strike anyone?) it's pretty much the only attack she uses for the first half of the season.

When has Haruka ever said Meteor strike in the dub?

rockable
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by rockable » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:49 pm

These are nothing compared to the awful attack names that the German dub uses, though (the rest of the fub is decent, but the attack names are just plain stupid and confusing). For example, World Shaking is simply called "Uranus" and Deep Submerge is "Neptune"..no one knows why. :roll: :? . Jupiter has the same phrase for every single attack she has up to SuperS. Venus Love me Chain, on the other hand, is called something else every other day. Moon Spiral Heart attack and Moon Gorgeuos Meditation have the same (idiotic) name. And there are some episodes where they get Mars' and Venus' attacks mixed up. :roll:

Iced_Cappucino
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Iced_Cappucino » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:36 am

HighC wrote:
Iced_Cappucino wrote: I also don't understand how Haruka's World Shaking attack could be screwed up (Meteor strike anyone?) it's pretty much the only attack she uses for the first half of the season.

When has Haruka ever said Meteor strike in the dub?
I've never seen the episode but I downloaded a clip of her attack and she says Meteor strike...Unless it was a fandub, it sounded genuine though.
Ross: You got me a cola drink.
Chandler: And a LEMON LIME!