Favorite Intro Sequence of all seasons and dubs

The amazing anime that this site is dedicated to.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

smfan423
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Favorite Intro Sequence of all seasons and dubs

Post by smfan423 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:37 am

So what intro sequence is your favorite out of all seasons and I am including any and all dubs including English, German, Turkish, Chinese, Lithuanian, etc.

I must say even though the Lithuanian version looks like it was used for all five seasons that background sounds excellent for Sailor Moon. So I chose it, followed closely by original Sailor Moon Classic season intro (though this may change as I still haven't seen any of S, SuperS or Stars subbed yet).

Iced_Cappucino
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Iced_Cappucino » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:21 am

Original:
I'd have to say the S or Super S seasons beacuase those openings are more bright and I like the way Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon is written on both of these, they're very fluent in colour and to me, have the most appealing animation.

European:
The Italian openings. Mainly Classic, R and Stars because they have the most appealing songs. The clips are also put together well to make the opening fluent.

I do still like the NA opening because the song is catchy and I always remembered this one growing up.
Ross: You got me a cola drink.
Chandler: And a LEMON LIME!

Kelsey
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Kelsey » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:20 am

They're all great, but my favourites are the second Classic one, Second R one, third Super One, and the Stars one.

I've only seen the North American and French dub openings so I don't have a favourite of any other than the original.

DreamEmpress
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by DreamEmpress » Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:00 pm

I'd have to say my favorite openings are original Supers and Stars. Supers felt way more fantasy and I really enjoyed it. And Stars was a nice change after 4 seasons.

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:48 pm

Japanese
2nd Classic Opening
2nd R Opening
Super
SuperS

Spanish (Mexico)
The spanish dub has a decent translation of Moonlight Densetsu, so I like their opening.
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
I...Drink...Your...MILKSHAKE!!!-Daniel Plainview, There Will Be Blood
[email protected]#$%, you dont have a future.-The Bride, Kill Bill Vol. 2
Everybody say YATTA!!!
Whats the most youve ever lost on a coin toss?-Anton, No Country For Old Men
Dont toy with me Dr. Jones ! What is the point of all this?-Agent Irina Spalko, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Id sacrifice that bitch to satan!-Raye, Sailor Moon Abridged
I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you cant savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments-The Joker, The Dark Knight
DeviantART
AnimatedEvey12s Myspace, click if you dare!
My Blog
LJ!!!

Jamesares
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Jamesares » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:16 am

I have to say that my favorite is the Japanese opening for Stars, I prefer the song over Moonlight Densetsu
Last edited by Jamesares on Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There Shall Come One After Me
And From Death’s Icy Grip
She Shall Bring Light Upon The World Once More
And Placed Upon A Crystal Throne
Her Light Shall Shine Forever More
-Rise of Crystal Tokyo 1st Prophecy

“Oh, yes, I can just see it now. I’ll tell the others how I tried to talk you out of this like a reasonable, responsible friend, and you threw a Deep Submerge at me.”
-Rei to Michiru, Long Way Down by RadiantBeam

"I rather laugh with the Sinners than cry with the Saints, the Sinners are much more fun."
-Bill Joel, Only The Good Die Young

Words of Advice:
1. Always remember you are normal, it everyone else that "weird".
2. Remember Ferengi Rules of Acquisition #76: Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies.
3. Jack may be nimble and Jack may be quick, but he still burned his a** on the candlestick.

Alexclow345
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Alexclow345 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:41 pm

I like the first German theme the best.
Sailor Jupiter Rules!

Still don''t know why this sig sucks. And I''ve been spelling sailor wrong for 2 years. Huh.
NEW AND IMPROVED: Now with more Jupiter!

KKDW
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by KKDW » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:37 am

either the second opening of the first season or the S opening

sailorperkytoot123
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by sailorperkytoot123 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:20 pm

I can't pick one favorite....I'd have to say I like the second R opening, the third S opening, and the second Stars opening. If I had to choose a least favorite I would say the first Classic opening (it felt like just a bunch of Usagis and flower petals until the end). I can't say I have a favorite other than the Japanese openings because the only dub I've seen is the English one, which wasn't terrible, but not appealing.

mizangelamy
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by mizangelamy » Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:38 pm

The opening of the Japanese version of Sailor Moon R is the one I really like the best.
James and I are happily waiting to see our first born son on April 22, 2009!
Mrs. Green is happily married to her airman since May 10, 2008
"Gee, I never thought I had an effect on people until I was in Korea."~ Marilyn Monroe ~
"Not knowing of the dawn, not seeing the coming night, only my garnet eye crosses time, and I think of the people I love."~ Garnet Guardian from SM Memorial Song Box ~
"...the secret song of love is locked deep in my heart."~ Secret from SM Memorial Song Box ~

MySpace= add me!

sailorperkytoot123
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by sailorperkytoot123 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:18 pm

mizangelamy wrote:The opening of the Japanese version of Sailor Moon R is the one I really like the best.
There's two different R openings. Unless you meant both. I guess you could say there's 3 if you count the four-way opening from the last episode.

Dinozore
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Dinozore » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:24 pm

The very first S opening, the one before Uranus and Neptune shorten the attack scenes, and you get to see what appear to be Mars Snake Fire and the other attacks on its level...
"Tell my tale to those who ask... tell it truthfully, the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence..." last words of Dinobot, "Code of Hero"
"Is that a poisonous elephant in your pocket or are you happy to see me?" ~another forum
"Monster! I''''m going to collide with you indefinitely as my limbs flail wildly about!" ~NPC, Dragon Warrior VII
"I bet you were thinking how hot it would be to see Tsunade with her gates wide open, inviting you..." ~DuneMan
"To use gaming terms, Tyrannosaurus Rex was a camper--- and he pwned his prey!" ~BaronVonAwesome
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!" ~Dinobot

sailor_moon_R
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by sailor_moon_R » Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:48 pm

Sailor Moon SuperS opening 2. It was just.... the one that I grew to like.
My favourite Cardcaptor Sakura quote *contains spoilers*:

Sakura: I love you Yukito-san!
Yukito: I love you too, but the one you love most isn''t me.
Sakura: *looks confused*
Yukito: You love your father right?
Sakura: Yes.
Yukito: And what about me?
Sakura: I love you.
Yukito: Aren''t the feelings quite similar?
Sakura: *realizes* They are. You have known for awhile haven''t you?
Yukito: Yes, you have always loved me as if I were a part of your family and I am grateful for that.
Sakura: Is there someone you love?
Yukito: Yes
Sakura: Is it..brother? (Touya)
Yukito: *eyes widen and then he smiles* Yes, I don''''t know what I would do without Toya. He made sure I didn''''t disappear.
Sakura: I''m sure he loves you too! He did everything to make sure you didn''t disappear! But if brother ever does anything to hurt my dearest Yukito-san, I will teacher him a lesson!
Yukito: *puts hand on her cheek* Thank you, Sakura-chan. When you find the one you love, if he ever hurts you, I will teach him a lesson.

HighC
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by HighC » Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:31 pm

The first Classic opening

Sailormars Obsessed fan
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailormars Obsessed fan » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:59 am

Id say its a toss up between the Japanese opening of the first season and the opening for the Stars Season. I loved the song in Stars, but I loved the imagry in the first season
"The great library of Willendorf, filled with dull tomes of trite accounts by pompous historians about matters that could not possibly be of interest to anyone but themselves." Kain -- Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

HighC
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by HighC » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:07 pm

that's what it is for me. I love the Sailor Stars song and I love the psychedelic imagery of the first classic opening.

Umino
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Umino » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:01 pm

My all-time favoritehas to be the very first Japanese intro. I loved how everything looked like a Salvador Dali painting. I really liked the scene where Usagi, Ami, and Rei appear as nude silhouettes with cloaks. Overall it was a very "artsy" opening.

Second has to be a tie with both Sailor Moon R intros. I like the focus on Usagi, especially when she's "with" Sailor Moon. I especially like how Ail and En were represented with "masks". Once again, very artistic. The second intro was just beautiful. We have beautiful animation by Ikuko Ito, and again we have some Dali influences. I especially like how Pluto, Chibiusa, and The Black Moon family appear.

And finally, I really like the dub opening to Sailor Moon S included on the edited tapes. It's a neat showcase of various clips from S (along with some... SuperS clips). It's problemly the best opening used in the dub. Too bad it was only used in the edited tapes.

Jonathan
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Jonathan » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:01 pm

I like the intro of Stars best. With the new song, it was refreshing. I also liked the intro to Sailor Moon S, and all 3 of the movie intros.
JonJon aka Jo-Nathan!!

"And my mother, out of necessity, was a whore."
-Gayle, Role Models