So why did they replace Tracey Moore?

The amazing anime that this site is dedicated to.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

HighC
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

So why did they replace Tracey Moore?

Post by HighC » Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:46 pm

I know they replace Terri Hawkes because she was pregnant but why did Tracey get replaced in the first place? She was just to good. Was it a commitment thing? Or is Optimum just more stupid than I thought?

_Alexander_
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by _Alexander_ » Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:16 am

She left DiC if I'm not mistaken. It's too bad, I love her voice.

Gamer8585
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Gamer8585 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:41 pm

Well I always thought that it was because the part was casted to Terri in the first place, but for some reason she couldn't record for the first 10 dup eps. So they brought in Tracy to cover. She also did a couple of others, so I'm guessing Tracy was always the understudy for the part.

Then when DIC lost the license and the dubbing was done by Optimum, the entire cast had to be replaced for practical reasons (studio was most likely in a different part of the country).

Just my speculation though.
The power of love conquers all...except a nuclear hypocenter.

Guess the "Quote of the moment:"
OF COURSE I"M MAD! YOU SHOT ME IN THE ASS! ---???

HighC
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by HighC » Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:38 pm

Gamer8585 wrote:
Then when DIC lost the license and the dubbing was done by Optimum, the entire cast had to be replaced for practical reasons (studio was most likely in a different part of the country).

By the entire cast you mean Serena,Amy,and Mina? (who's VA did Raye for Dic's last 17 episodes) I know for sure Terri was replaced because she was pregnant not because A change in company control. Anyways Optimum handled the voice work for all of dub Sailor Moon. But I guess you could be right about the Tracey thing although that makes Optimum even more incompetent if they had Tracey only as a second choice to Terri. Wait that's perfectly believable

Gamer8585
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Gamer8585 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:35 pm

HighC wrote:
Gamer8585 wrote:

By the entire cast you mean Serena,Amy,and Mina? (who's VA did Raye for Dic's last 17 episodes) I know for sure Terri was replaced because she was pregnant not because A change in company control. Anyways Optimum handled the voice work for all of dub Sailor Moon. But I guess you could be right about the Tracey thing although that makes Optimum even more incompetent if they had Tracey only as a second choice to Terri. Wait that's perfectly believable
Actually I think everyone was replaced when they dubbed S and SS, but I could be wrong. I did not know that Optimum did the dubbing from the beginning, I always thought that they took over after Cloverway got the rights.

BTW, whats with being so mad about the VA choice. While I agree that Tracy was a better choice for Sailor Moon, Terri did a fine job too IMO. Now, Linda Ballantyne was an awful choice for Sailor Moon (she sounded like a 40 yr old trying to act like a 14 yr old). Although, I think casting Barbara Radecki as Sailor Neptune (after she had already played Ikuko) was unintentional comedy gold.
The power of love conquers all...except a nuclear hypocenter.

Guess the "Quote of the moment:"
OF COURSE I"M MAD! YOU SHOT ME IN THE ASS! ---???

HighC
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by HighC » Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:53 pm

Gamer8585 wrote: Actually I think everyone was replaced when they dubbed S and SS, but I could be wrong. I did not know that Optimum did the dubbing from the beginning, I always thought that they took over after Cloverway got the rights.

BTW, whats with being so mad about the VA choice. While I agree that Tracy was a better choice for Sailor Moon, Terri did a fine job too IMO. Now, Linda Ballantyne was an awful choice for Sailor Moon (she sounded like a 40 yr old trying to act like a 14 yr old). Although, I think casting Barbara Radecki as Sailor Neptune (after she had already played Ikuko) was unintentional comedy gold.

No. Lita had the same VA throughout all of Sailor Moon. The first Raye came back for S. The new Mina had done Raye for the last 17 episodes of R. And the VA for Darien had been doing so since the last 17 episodes if I'm not mistaken. And Optimum had done voice work for Sailor Moon since the Dic days but I think when Cloverway got a hold of it Optimum did more stuff. And I don't really care for Terri's performance she made Serena sound like some valley girl bimbo.

Cardcaptor Takato
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Cardcaptor Takato » Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:01 pm

The only VAs changed were Serena's, Mina's, Amy's, Chad's, Grandpa Hino's, and Rini's friends at school had their VAs changed. I'm pretty sure the rest of the English cast is the same.
"If we can''t comprehend the plan at hand, how could a higher plan make any more sense? I'd say you can only be a martyr if you know what you are dying for, and choose it"-Elphaba

"Those who made mistakes blame themselves and close their hearts. It's impossible to fix a mistake. Man can't return to the past. That's why we drink. Drunks, lushes, sliding alcohol down their throats to dilute the memories that can't be denied.-Vash The Stampede"

Passions55
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Passions55 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:20 pm

I guess I am in the minority here because I didn't think Tracey Moore was all that great. I rather liked Terri Hawks, I really didn't care for the girl her voiced her in S and super S. But thats just me.
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience

No one can ride your ass unless you bend over and Let them!

AnimeGuru0
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by AnimeGuru0 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:28 pm

I believe Tracey left because she didn't have as much control as she wanted (this is what I heard, also that she clashed with the directors)

Optimum dubbed Sailor Moon from the beginning.

The reason why the VAs were changed for S and SS was because many of the original VAs were not available (Terri Hawkes was pregnant, for example).

TBA

HighC
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by HighC » Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:54 pm

AnimeGuru0 wrote:I believe Tracey left because she didn't have as much control as she wanted (this is what I heard, also that she clashed with the directors)
That sucks