Are there other Princes like Mamoru?

The amazing anime that this site is dedicated to.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Mimete
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Are there other Princes like Mamoru?

Post by Mimete » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:04 am

Everyone knows there's a lot of Sailor Soldiers on different planets, but so far Mamoru is the only Male Guardian we know of a planet.

Any thoughts on where all the male guardians of planets are? :?

Starscream
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Re: Are there other Princes like Mamoru?

Post by Starscream » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:29 am

Mimete wrote:Everyone knows there's a lot of Sailor Soldiers on different planets, but so far Mamoru is the only Male Guardian we know of a planet.

Male guardian? Eh...Mamoru/Endymion isn't really at the level of the Sailor Senshi, if that's what you're trying to say. Earth didn't have a guardian back in the day since it was somewhat of an "experiment" of the Silver Millennium (at least, that's what I gleam from the various lines like "we guided their evolution).

Getting back on-topic, though, I'm sure that other populated planets had princes - if they were kingdoms - but it seems like their importance was overshadowed by the presence of that planet's Sailor Senshi.
- David Graña

<3 Happily Married to Jennifer since July 16, 2005 <3

"Conquest is made from the ashes of one’s enemies" - Starscream
My Livejournal.

Judge: "Yes. What? You say if I testify I’ll be killed? Oh. It’s for you." (hands the phone to Fry)
Roberto: (On the phone) "And the other hamburger will also be made of your lungs. So long, pal."
Fry: "I refuse to testify on the grounds that my organs will be chopped up into a patty."
Judge: "Ah, the 67th Amendment."
Futurama, Insane in the Mainframe

Leela’s (former) boss: "Oh my various gods!"
Futurama, How Hermes Requisitioned his Groove Back

bioengineer
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by bioengineer » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:56 am

Could be argued that Diamond is/was a male guardian of Nemesis.

Mimete
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Re: Are there other Princes like Mamoru?

Post by Mimete » Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:09 pm

Starscream wrote:
Mimete wrote:Everyone knows there's a lot of Sailor Soldiers on different planets, but so far Mamoru is the only Male Guardian we know of a planet.

Male guardian? Eh...Mamoru/Endymion isn't really at the level of the Sailor Senshi, if that's what you're trying to say.

Eh... No, I never said he was the same as the Sailor Senshi (though he did have a "True Star Seed" like they did). I called him the guardian because that's what he is, he's the protector of Earth, just like Usagi was the protector of the Moon and Rei was the protector of Mars and etc.

Senshi_of_Vision
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Senshi_of_Vision » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:04 pm

Actually in the manga Mamoru pulled his powers from Earth, it was called Psychometary (spelling ugh) it was more then the rose throwing we got in the anime version. So he did have powers and he was a keeper of his own golden crystal in the story. On top of that Helios's shrine was a protective zone for Mamoru and his family, even though there were other Earth Kingdoms, I think his kingdom was of the first line of kings if what I interperted was right. Thats why the focus on him and his kingdom and why Metallia choose them and Beryl who was his kingdoms sage to take root to control the world.

So yeah anime Mamoru isnt as powerful as the Sailors, But the original version could hold his own, including healing wounds or inflicting them which to me is just so cool to think about compared to roses and speeches all the darn time.

Back on topic they really didnt talk to much about other Princes though there were other kingdoms such as D-land who had a princess. The Black Moon family were the only other royals that had males that I can think of so Prince Demando and Prince Saphiel are the only other two I can think of and thats from both the anime and manga. As for Guardians his four Lords, Generals whatever the heck you want to call them in the manga they still helped albeit in spirit form and Helios is a guardian himself so there were plenty of Earth Guardians they just wear not all royalty.
"Have you been half asleep? And have youve heard voices?
I hear them calling my name."
Is this the sweet sound, that calls the young sailors?
The voice maybe one in the same.
Ive heard it too many times to ignore it,
its something that I sposed to be..
Someday we''''ll find it, the rainbow connection
The lover, the dreamer, and me..."

*Being a bad girl is such hard work....

bioengineer
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by bioengineer » Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:54 pm

Also remember this is a girl's anime and manga so it is expected that females from all walks of life take front stage and overcome everything without males and males are the weaker and take a secondary funtion.

Ravynsoul90
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Ravynsoul90 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:47 pm

Back on topic they really didnt talk to much about other Princes though there were other kingdoms such as D-land who had a princess. The Black Moon family were the only other royals that had males that I can think of so Prince Demando and Prince Saphiel are the only other two I can think of and thats from both the anime and manga. As for Guardians his four Lords, Generals whatever the heck you want to call them in the manga they still helped albeit in spirit form and Helios is a guardian himself so there were plenty of Earth Guardians they just wear not all royalty
Dont forget also in the manga
[spoiler]Kakyuu the starlights princess told SMoon that her lover was killed by Galaxia so if she's the princess that automatically makes him a prince[/spoiler]

Senshi_of_Vision
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Senshi_of_Vision » Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:24 pm

That could be true RavynSoul90 I didnt think of that one either, though I wish they would have expanded abit more on Kakyuu more.
"Have you been half asleep? And have youve heard voices?
I hear them calling my name."
Is this the sweet sound, that calls the young sailors?
The voice maybe one in the same.
Ive heard it too many times to ignore it,
its something that I sposed to be..
Someday we''''ll find it, the rainbow connection
The lover, the dreamer, and me..."

*Being a bad girl is such hard work....

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:46 pm

Ravynsoul90 wrote:
[spoiler]Kakyuu the starlights princess told SMoon that her lover was killed by Galaxia so if she's the princess that automatically makes him a prince[/spoiler]
Not necessarily. If they weren't married, then he could have been anybody.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

NameGoesHere
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by NameGoesHere » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:16 pm

Tiff wrote:Not necessarily. If they weren't married, then he could have been anybody.
Now we know what happened to Prince Uranus. :o

*beats the dead horse with a mallet*
NameGoesHere - Now made with 100% more ingredients.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:33 pm

NameGoesHere wrote: Now we know what happened to Prince Uranus. :o

*beats the dead horse with a mallet*
*omg dies*

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

Ravynsoul90
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Ravynsoul90 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:36 am

Tiff wrote:
Ravynsoul90 wrote:
Not necessarily. If they weren't married, then he could have been anybody.
True.... so true..... *admits defeat*
But i think its better to think there are other princes' like Mamoru besides just him, but her(Kakyuu) quote is the closest we're gunna get to solving this one <_>

But then I also wonder who Chibiusa would end up with... i dont want to think its Helios cause he's like.. what?... million years old? o_o and shes like.. 8?.... well then again... 8 with boobs.. *shrugs* anythings possible in this land of Sailor Moon I guess!

I wish we could have seen Mamoru like he was in the manga, he wouldnt be such a loser with the SM community XD But i'm trying to remember, didnt he through a bouqet(spelling ugh) of roses and they unleashed some kind of magic on the monster?.. or am i trying to think of him better than he actually is? <_>... *offtopic sorry but its bugging me now o_o*