German Dub Of Sailor Moon

The amazing anime that this site is dedicated to.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Jeff
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jeff » Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:30 am

That Polish version is hilarious. But it's weird... from the clips I heard it sounds like a pretty faithful translation (I'm just guessing, I have no knowledge of Polish). Poland is a pretty religious country so I'm surprised they kept things like the name "Messiah" in Sailor Moon S. Did they keep HaruXMichi intact? It would be really weird if they lied about what the characters were plainly saying (albeit in a foreign language) right in front of everyone.

SailorStarfire07
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by SailorStarfire07 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:07 pm

^ Eh, I have no idea. I'm half-Polish but I don't really know much about Poland. ^^;; But they could have kept the stuff. At least by keeping the Japanese audio they're admitting to the fact that it was originally made in Japan so the culture is therefore going to be different. In the English dub, they Americanized it as much as they could, censoring everything that didn't "agree" with American culture.

But it just sounded awful. If you want to hear the original Japanese, use subtitles, not voice-overs. Plus it got kind of confusing because the voice would start translating one character's line and then run over the second character's line. Watching something like that in English would drive me insane. Maybe it would help if there were at least 2 or 3 different voices, or even a voice for each character.
*~SailorStarfire07~*

"Robin, who is this girl? And why does she call you, ''''poo?''''"
~Starfire, Teen Titans

rockable
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by rockable » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:59 am

If anyone is interested: here
http://www.megaupload.com/de/?d=9G1UVZ4T
is the first Sailormoon episode in German (though with the original theme song for some reason). Enjoy :wink:
It only will play for me on VLC media player, no idea why.
And here's episode 45, I think the dub is very well done.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JJ7Q3QJH