sailor moon wii game (not 100% confirmed)

The amazing anime that this site is dedicated to.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

supersailorearth
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by supersailorearth » Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:48 pm

Lets be optimistic and hope it makes it through, becomes a game, and becomes translated into English!

sailorceres
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by sailorceres » Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:29 pm

hmm...that would be cool! i wonder if it would be like the originalgames at all just with the newer graphics. ive only played the psort game on wii so i dont know what the other games are like...

Sailor_Starlight
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Sailor_Starlight » Tue May 01, 2007 8:43 pm

I agree! A SM game for the Wii would be awesome! I'd love to get my hands on one (if they ever decide to release it in the first place).

bioengineer
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by bioengineer » Thu May 03, 2007 2:56 am

I hope they develop a good storyline that is least relevant to what it is based upon.

Aya Reiko
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Aya Reiko » Thu May 03, 2007 2:49 pm

After scanning Bandai-Namco Game's site and the gaming site Famitsu, I found absolutely no mention of the game. I come to the conclusion that this rumor is bogus.
You seem like the kind of person who'll lie.
However... this sword doesn't lie.

Sailor_Starlight
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Sailor_Starlight » Mon May 07, 2007 12:20 am

That's too bad! Oh well, maybe they'll decide to make one some day. Also the graphics of the game looked really crappy for a wii game. Kinda had me suspicious there.

the dooky
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by the dooky » Mon May 07, 2007 6:08 am

Sailor_Starlight wrote:Also the graphics of the game looked really crappy for a wii game. Kinda had me suspicious there.
You mean on the picture in the linked article? That was the Sailor Moon S Super Famicom game; it said so in the article.

I'm still faintly hopeful that something will come of this, even if the odds are stacked against it.
Amazoness! Because men seldom make passes at girls who routinely kill men.

Usagi04
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Usagi04 » Fri May 11, 2007 9:19 am

I wouldn't mind seeing it on the market to..it would be cool if they made the game like the early Sailor Moon fighting games.
"The moonlight carries the message of love."
~Tsukino Usagi~

Queen Of Hearts
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Queen Of Hearts » Sat May 12, 2007 11:46 am

This would rawk! =D I'd so tell my cousin to get it for me =D

Now if only my wii really came ><

StarFlame Soldier
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by StarFlame Soldier » Fri May 18, 2007 6:48 am

Even if was a rumour, my mind jumps around at the possibilites. I'm only just coming to the knowledge of actually how much Sailor Moon stuff there is out there. I had to ask my boyfriend what a Super Famicom is and on finding out it is the Super Nintendo, I was forthcoming in realising that he has EVERY ONE of the SNES games on an emulator! (giggling insanely) :twisted: He also told me that even if a Sailor Moon Wii game did exist that he wouldn't allow his Wii (a piece of fine art) to be defiled (Just watch me- again :twisted: ). He did laugh at a Sailor Moon episode I was watching though. Don't tell him I said that. Tell everyone.

I know, I know, get back to the topic.

I LOVE RPGs, as I get bored quickly without a story. I also think that a new storyline should be made as one game couldn't cover a whole arc decently (in my opinion) without cutting out something major, or even the little things that make us love this great story. The English version (all hypothetical, of course) would most undoubtably screw it up.

Also, imagine all the cool things you could do with the Wii remote. Albeit in private, I can imagine myself doing all the attacks as if I really had the Moon Wand etc.(the earlier, less twirly ones at least). Moon Tiara could get messy :lol:. Don't kill me because I am a nerd (with an imagination). :roll:
Two wrongs don''t make a right, but three lefts do.

In Space, no-one can hear you scream. In Time, nobody listens

Smile for Saz!

sleep, Celeste

_Alexander_
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by _Alexander_ » Tue May 22, 2007 6:08 am

:D I can imagine that "Moon Spiral Heart Attack" would be pretty tricky to do with all the twirling.

I would love a Wii game yo come out though but i doubt it will happen anytime soon. We should at least hear something about the licenses first I think. :?

Master85
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Master85 » Thu May 24, 2007 12:33 pm

Aya Reiko wrote:After scanning Bandai-Namco Game's site and the gaming site Famitsu, I found absolutely no mention of the game. I come to the conclusion that this rumor is bogus.
Could you paste a link?

Aya Reiko
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Aya Reiko » Thu May 24, 2007 10:02 pm

Master85 wrote:
Aya Reiko wrote:After scanning Bandai-Namco Game's site and the gaming site Famitsu, I found absolutely no mention of the game. I come to the conclusion that this rumor is bogus.
Could you paste a link?
http://www.bandainamcogames.co.jp/
http://www.famitsu.com/

Sailormars Obsessed fan
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailormars Obsessed fan » Fri May 25, 2007 2:31 pm

I hate to be a pessimist here but I know the gaming industry pretty well.

Even if this game is made there is no chance in hades of it being released in america.

The best we could hope for is a ROM of it.
"The great library of Willendorf, filled with dull tomes of trite accounts by pompous historians about matters that could not possibly be of interest to anyone but themselves." Kain -- Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

supersailorearth
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

MORE NEWS

Post by supersailorearth » Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:29 pm

Possible new news?

http://www.genvid.com/News/Sailor-Moon-Wii-12-07.html
Sailor Moon Wii: 12/07? E-mail
Written by Jay
Sunday, 12 August 2007

Lilly-chan received a response from the Yes Asia team as posted in this thread telling her:

Thank you for shopping at YesAsia.com!

Regarding your enquiry about the game "Sailor Moon (Working Title) (Japan Version)" YesAsia catalog number: 1004513672, please kindly note that it is relesase by Namco officially. The manufacturere's name is written in our product introduction page also. According to the supplier, this item is going to be released at December 31, 2007. You are welcome to place the order after the price is determined.

Once again, thank you very much for your continued support of YesAsia.com.

We'll see how it goes. Great job, Lilly.
:D :D

Aya Reiko
    SMU Divine Fan
    SMU Divine Fan

Re: MORE NEWS

Post by Aya Reiko » Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:26 am

supersailorearth wrote:Possible new news?

http://www.genvid.com/News/Sailor-Moon-Wii-12-07.html
    Sailor Moon Wii: 12/07? E-mail
    Written by Jay
    Sunday, 12 August 2007

Lilly-chan received a response from the Yes Asia team as posted in this thread telling her:

Thank you for shopping at YesAsia.com!

Regarding your enquiry about the game "Sailor Moon (Working Title) (Japan Version)" YesAsia catalog number: 1004513672, please kindly note that it is relesase by Namco officially. The manufacturere's name is written in our product introduction page also. According to the supplier, this item is going to be released at December 31, 2007. You are welcome to place the order after the price is determined.

Once again, thank you very much for your continued support of YesAsia.com.

We'll see how it goes. Great job, Lilly.
    :D :D
      Looks like a placeholder date. Considering "inquiry", "release", and "manufacturer" are all misspelled, something smells fishy about this "news".

Curiously, search for "sailor moon" in Games at YesAsia.com reveals... nothing. There's no listing for a SM game for the Wii or any other platform. Plenty of stuff using "All categories" (mostly DVDs), but no games.

famitsu.com shows no Sailor Moon games on the horizon for the Wii.

There's no mention of it on NamcoBandai's website.

I'm still calling the SM for the Wii rumor bogus.

RainbowCrystal
      SMU Newbie
      SMU Newbie

Post by RainbowCrystal » Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:56 pm

It would be cool for the Wii, but don't gamecube games play on the Wii? (do Wii games play on the gamecube?!)

I would secretly prefer for it to be released on the gamecube,(seeing as it is the only console i have, but its damn great! no matter what all the PS2 Hogs say!)

Because:

1. Gamecube is older, Sailor Moon is older than modern anime's!
      2. Gamecube would be better to control, I think anyway, the Wii remotes look very complicated, and i prefer the good ol' controllers to remotes!
      3. Yeah maybe Sailor Moon would get more publisised for the Wii, but i think that GC and Wii are equals, in the graphics and play-a-bility.

All in all, i prefer GC to Wii, because GC is the loner, the odd one out, all because there isnt that many gory games released on it.

Yeah, it would be cool if it were released on Wii, but not for my mum, seeing as she would be pesterd to buy it for my birthday lol

Emma

MarioKnight
      SMU Staff
      SMU Staff

Post by MarioKnight » Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:24 pm

Eh, the GameCube is too dead of a console for anyone to benefit from in the making of new games. Though you are correct in saying they are not that different graphically, big brother Wii pretty much killed it off overnight, and as of last week, has already established itself as the current leader of this generation, selling units at a faster rate than even the PS2 who until now had the fastest system sales of all time, and in terms of this current generation, the Wii has crushed the PS3 and surpassed the 360 in sales, who had an entire year unchallenged. Simply put, making a game for a console in the prior generation is already a bad decision (PS2 being the exception of this rule until the public accepts the PS3 as its successor or moves away from Sony altogether, a topic better suited for discussion in the video games forum), and making a game for the console that decisively lost the previous generation is financial suicide. Sailor Moon is niche enough as it is, a small share of the market has GameCubes means that an even smaller percentage will actually get the game, which means publishers and developers lose money. It's a loss for everyone really.

However, there is one exception that could do decently well, and that would be the Dreamcast. Why would I say that after kicking down any possibility of a game to be made for a system that supposedly died just as the GameCube was getting its start? Simply put, in Japan games are still being made for it. Granted only a few are made a year, but the point remains is that there's actually a market for Dreamcast games there, albeit small, it's good enough to justify making them. So if you really want to see a new commercial SM game made for a previous generation, Dreamcast and PS2 are really the only options.

I still hope that if this does end up being true, that it is for the Wii. At this point in time, it just makes perfect sense.
      Dan Bednarski ~ MarioKnight
      Narsk.NET
      smuncensored.com administrator
      WikiMoon SysOp
      phpBB MODs - Change forum banner
      SMU :: MKBO :: Jumbled Thoughts :: FightingMongooses.com
      DD:Recall Profile and DDR scores
      Xbox Live Profile

Warriors of Legend: Reflections of Japan in Sailor Moon - Book on sale now! Please support!

Click here to have your voice heard to bring tokusatsu shows (such as PGSM) to this side of the ocean.

RIP
      Sam DeNato: 1/11/07
      Kevin Watt: 10/7/07
      Evan Schoberlein - 7/24/08

This list seems to keep on growing. =(

Top Cat
      SMU Newbie
      SMU Newbie

Re: sailor moon wii game (not 100% confirmed)

Post by Top Cat » Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:51 pm

Aya Reiko wrote: Plus one major VA has retired and two more has more or less faded into obscurity,
      Which ones?

Aya Reiko
      SMU Divine Fan
      SMU Divine Fan

Re: sailor moon wii game (not 100% confirmed)

Post by Aya Reiko » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:51 pm

Top Cat wrote:
      Aya Reiko wrote: Plus one major VA has retired and two more has more or less faded into obscurity,
      Which ones?
      Correction, two have retired.

What I know...
      Michie Tomizawa (Mars) - Retired in 2002
      Chiyoko Kawashima (Pluto) - Retired in 2001
      Rika Fukami (Venus) - No major roles in years.
      Kae Araki (Chibiusa) - No major roles in years.