Top five dislikes about the cartoon vs manga

The amazing anime that this site is dedicated to.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Senshi_of_Vision
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Top five dislikes about the cartoon vs manga

Post by Senshi_of_Vision » Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:17 pm

This is my top five things I dislike about the changes in the anime version of Sailor moon compared to the manga and why. Once im done rewatching the anime episodes I may work on the five things I like though right now as it stands Im still loving the manga better.

1. The blantant lack of character development- to me it just seemed that there was not enough focus on the sailors alt personalities and alot of their personal powers as Senshi were changed for no reason. Attacks were dropped and left out for no good reason, certain objects that could be deemed cheesy (moon kalido swords) and objects like Mercurys harp which I liked were left out. Then their are the changes to their personalities (ahem Rei). To me the Senshi were so altered that it made alot of them hated or uninteresting. Poor Makoto and Minako were turned into boy crazed teens almost to the point of desperation to be noticed by guys. Ami was reduced to the quiet book worm who hardly had her dreams or family life touched upon in my opinion. Ugh Mamoru so cold...so very cold to his beloved Usagi and his damn attacks were changed why? who in the heck thought it would be better for him to just throw roses, give speeches and occassionally be captured or injured by the enemy only? There was so much more to his character that could have been addressed and I would have liked seeing it much better then the moonlight knight thing. To me the outers were too cold as well and should have been more pronounced in the final two series then they were. Poor Hotaru after Supers you barely see her at all and I think it would have been nice to show the outers raising her as a child. Also Chibi Usa to me got a major shaft to, she came across as a brat for waay too long in the series for my liking. In the manga she still has her moments but she is intelligent enough to know who her future parents are and acts more accordingly then she does in the anime. And I dont like the thought of Sailor Mars with Mamoru period even before I knew about the manga I just did not see Rei as the type of person who would go after someone a friend (ugh loose term for the anime version of her) is clearly in love with. Even if the anime tried to make it seem as if Usagi did not have feelings for him at the time I just didnt like that story line at all and still dont.

2. Having the series changed to fit a more "Nice" format. I know they marketed Sailor Moon for kids probably young girls. But to me it would have been nicer to see a stronger Senshi,Stronger Villians and said death of those villians. Not all bad guys are reademable. The whole thing of Sailor Moon constantly taking the peaceful approach was sweet but got annoying after awhile. As warriors the Senshi would have to know that sometimes lives would have to be loss to keep the total peace. In the anime too many horrible people got the chance to stay alive and be purified which I personally didnt agree with.

which leads to 3

3. The villians- my god in the manga these people give you reason to want them gone,but in the anime you almost feel like they arent real threats. Mayb that is why sailor moon felt the need to purify them instead of taking them down like she and the other Sailors do in the manga. In the anime most of the villians were comical bumblers who relied too heavily on their creatures to do their work. I am sorry but I liked the manga's version of the actual villians getting their hands dirty. I also liked the way their personal stories were developed. Such as the Four Kings of Queen Beryl, I would have loved to seen how they struggled to find their prince when they were revived only to be sucked back in by the curse that bonded their souls to Metallia. I would have loved to see Beryl's heart break. The Black Moon's prince Demando was a crazy nut job to me I liked that version better then the hero going out to save someone he was clearly obsessed over. The witches 5 um in the anime you couldnt really tell they were witches? why because the ritual stuff in the manga probably would have been too offensive to some but to me I liked that aspect. To me series calling them the Death busters just irks me. For Super S I felt the sex change for the Amazon trio was unneccessary and gah fish eye's voice. Even though in the manga they were not as prominent as the Amazoness Quartet who eally got the shaft in the series considering who they really turned out to be... I dont understand why the animators felt the need to make them men, and fisheye a female who was male like? ((ugh I dunno that whole series confused me due to the dubbed versions and even the sub verisons did not help with his/her character)) Then Stars sigh from the bumbling Shadow Galaxia or animates as they are called, to the lack of Chaos's story being fully detailed the villians here just served as more comedic filler. All in all I say the villians of Sailormoon were shafted on the developement of the series just as bad as the Senshi. Instead of being strong forces that provided challenges for the Senshi (something that to me would have helped the Sailors grow) they were proned to basically falling to their own in fighting or turned good "gah." to me I would have liked to seen their true nature, which was to destroy, or take over or corrupt the Earth and solar system. To me the point of having the enemies strong would have shown exactly how strong Sailor moon and the other Senshi had to be and would end up becoming as the series went on.

4. Slight and not so slight changes I found completely unneccessary- yeah I may sound nuts but why did they make Granpa Hino bald in the cartoon? And why did he have to become the typical dirty old man who runs a shrine? In the manga he just seemed more sweet and more worried about his grandchild then anything else. And why could they not explain Rei's situation abit more, about her father's backround and the tragic events of her mothers life? To me it just seems a waste to leave out things that help give the characters such major depth. And I am still torn on the changing of Minako's backround. I liked the whole London and Alan thing, but I really like the manga version of her past better including her own series (still trying to get copies of that but read it on Alex's website). And arrgh! Giving Makoto parents...(dic and maybe toei not sure) is just wrong no matter what! The whole thing to Makoto's personality was the fact that she just like Mamoru lost her parents. To brush over this really bugs me not just because she is my favorite senshi but because it was not neccessary. Why is it okay for one to be an orphan and another not to be? Other small changes like poor Anasuma whose role in helping and being a friend to the Senshi and Mamoru becomes non existant. To Motoki actually knowing about their identities and being helpful are other changes that get on my nerves. And while its not really touched upon in the manga save little snippets the very thought that the Four Generals of Prince Endymion may have even flirted with the Inner Senshi is something I would have liked to see. Though I did like the whole Kundzite/Zorcite romance I am a whole stickler for an past romance thing between the Generals and the Senshi.

5. Horrible storyline crossovers *the Time arc and Super S*- yes all the series got major changes from the manga to their respective anime counter parts but to me these two were the worst. First the time arc, while some may like the fact that a large percent of the Black Moon's villians were redeemed or purified it made no sense to me. They were a rebel faction in the time of peace and happiness. They spurred the thought of the long lives the queen granted the people and created war and strife. To top that off their deemed prince was super obsessed to the point of insanity with Sailor Moon and wanted her at all cost. To me having him become a hero at the end bothers me because it completely changes a major event in the Sailor story. That event happens to be Pluto's Sacrifice, the act that awakens Chibi Moon. Something that I dont remember them explaining in the anime if they did. I think she just showed up in the Supers series able to transform ugh. And a small change that still bugged me was the lack of introducing Diana until the Super S series which resulted in that horrible episode where Luna thinks Artemis is cheating. *ugh headache*

As for Super S I know it has been explained on several sites that the series was basically a comedic filter season but that story line should not have become that. The manga plot was deeper and gave all the characters heroes and villians alike a well rounded plot and major development. From the Curse Nehelania put on the Silver Millenium, to the real holder of the Golden Crystal so many unneccesary changes were made that it gets me irrate to think about them. And because of the end of the animated version a lot of fans who have not read the anime probably do not know the true origins of the Amazoness Quartet and that to me is a shame because I think people would have liked to see who they really were. Plus I really would have loved to seen an animated episode of that dream sequence where Usagi and Mamoru are kids but together it was just too sweet for words. Especially the way Mamoru cared for Usagi.

well thats it I could have probably put more but I rant enough as it is. I know some will disagree and I welcome it as well as those of you who agree. I just felt the need to put in my own opinion why I think the anime changes were too much and unneccessary. And I leave this open for others to list what they really dont like about the changes and if they want what they do like. Its just a good way to vent to me so I hope none take it personally.
"Have you been half asleep? And have youve heard voices?
I hear them calling my name."
Is this the sweet sound, that calls the young sailors?
The voice maybe one in the same.
Ive heard it too many times to ignore it,
its something that I sposed to be..
Someday we''''ll find it, the rainbow connection
The lover, the dreamer, and me..."

*Being a bad girl is such hard work....

Chibisteven
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Chibisteven » Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:46 pm

What happened in SuperS is that the Manga's creator was having writer's block. From what I heard. This would end up in a lot of fillers in the anime.

Senshi_of_Vision
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Senshi_of_Vision » Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:53 pm

I had never heard of that that would explain why it was so fluff filled in the anime. But I still disliked all the major changes like giving Helios the golden crystal and leaving out the Amazoness's true identities i know alot of cuts and changes are made in covertion and maybe they didnt want to work on bringing these characters back in any form but it was nice to see their story in the manga and I was sad with the way they disappeared in the end of the animated series.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Re: Top five dislikes about the cartoon vs manga

Post by Tiff » Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:48 pm

Senshi_of_Vision wrote:
Giving Makoto parents...(dic and maybe toei not sure) is just wrong no matter what! The whole thing to Makoto's personality was the fact that she just like Mamoru lost her parents. To brush over this really bugs me not just because she is my favorite senshi but because it was not neccessary. Why is it okay for one to be an orphan and another not to be? .
...Um...WHAT? In the anime, Mako's parents ARE dead o___O Her parents were not alive in the anime.

The only place Mako's parents are ever "alive" are in the big dub screw up from the dub of S, when Mako says she can't have a cat becuase "her mother is allergic". That's it. Toei NEVER changed that.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

Senshi_of_Vision
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Senshi_of_Vision » Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:29 pm

Ahh okay thanks Tiff that was the episode I was refering to as well I thought by that episode that they were saying that she had parents in the anime. Once again im re watching the subbed episodes from the beginning so I probably wont see that horrible dubbed version again anyway.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:20 am

Senshi_of_Vision wrote:Ahh okay thanks Tiff that was the episode I was refering to as well I thought by that episode that they were saying that she had parents in the anime. Once again im re watching the subbed episodes from the beginning so I probably wont see that horrible dubbed version again anyway.
Nopers, that was the stupid dub's fault. -_-; It annoyed me quite a bit, too, because the fact that Mako's parents are dead is a huge tribute to her character and personality...she's self reliant, and for the dub to just overlook that was unacceptable.

One thing I also did not like about the change from manga to anime was the change in Mamoru's personality...I noticed you mentioned that, too. Mamoru is SO much colder and such a jerk in the anime, whereas in the manga I like his character much more. He and Usagi just seem closer and sweeter in the manga, and a lot more mature relationship-wise.

Though I fully didn't understand why Toei changed the starlights so much, I don't really mind it, because I like Seiya, and I like the plot development around Seiya and Usagi. The gender-bending IS weird, but really, there wasn't much to the starlights in the manga, IMO. They just sort of...appeared, played music, helped Usagi, the end. There wasn't much character development for the starlights in the manga, IMO, whereas in the anime there was a lot more to them.

...and I always personally thought that even though the starlights were female in the manga, they certainly LOOKED more male with the way Naoko drew them >_>; they look like drag queens.

And honestly, I find the anime art better overall. Naoko's art is very pretty, but the woman cannot draw hands and feet, and that bothers me. XD;; I adore the art of Stars and SuperS (anime), and sometimes the art of the manga bothers me proportion-wise and such.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

Cardcaptor Takato
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Cardcaptor Takato » Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:21 am

I personally liked the Sailor Starlights gender-bending transformations myself. I thought it made it more interesting, sort of like what it would be like if Ranma 1/2 was a magical girl anime. And I just never understood that if the Starlights were crossdressing females in the manga, why didn't at least somebody notice they were female? I mean, given how popular the Three Lights were, wouldn't somebody have to had noticed that the Three Lights had boobs? And what did the Three Lights do when they had to use the bathroom at school or change in the locker rooms? Plus, I thought they had some of the coolest transformation sequences in the anime. Another thing I liked about the anime more was how they showed more of Chibi-usa's friendship with Hotaru. Even though Saturn herself got shafted in the anime, I always felt like they didn't really show enough of Chibi-usa and Hotaru just hanging out and having fun like ordinary girls. In fact, those scenes where they're just having fun together were always my favorite parts of the S anime. But I agree with most everything else about the changes to the anime. I especially hate how the anime cut out everything about the Wiseman's origins. In the manga, Wiseman was so much more fleshed out and I actually really liked him as a villain whereas in the anime he was too generic and bland to me because we never really learned anything about who he was or why he was trying to destroy the Earth other than "I R ebil."
"If we can''t comprehend the plan at hand, how could a higher plan make any more sense? I'd say you can only be a martyr if you know what you are dying for, and choose it"-Elphaba

"Those who made mistakes blame themselves and close their hearts. It's impossible to fix a mistake. Man can't return to the past. That's why we drink. Drunks, lushes, sliding alcohol down their throats to dilute the memories that can't be denied.-Vash The Stampede"

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:52 pm

Cardcaptor Takato wrote:I personally liked the Sailor Starlights gender-bending transformations myself. I thought it made it more interesting, sort of like what it would be like if Ranma 1/2 was a magical girl anime. And I just never understood that if the Starlights were crossdressing females in the manga, why didn't at least somebody notice they were female? I mean, given how popular the Three Lights were, wouldn't somebody have to had noticed that the Three Lights had boobs? And what did the Three Lights do when they had to use the bathroom at school or change in the locker rooms? Plus, I thought they had some of the coolest transformation sequences in the anime.
I agree with all of that.
we never really learned anything about who he was or why he was trying to destroy the Earth other than "I R ebil."
XDDD but that's the best reason of all!

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

Cardcaptor Takato
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Cardcaptor Takato » Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:12 pm

Tiff wrote:XDDD but that's the best reason of all!
I guess that's true. Sometimes the classic good vs evil plots can be entertaining if done properly but I don't like it so black and white all the time, either. I like them to be fleshed out some at least. It's like in the manga you know why he wanted to seek revenge and I just liked his manga role in general because I thought he was kind of creepier, like that scene where the Sailor Soldiers are locked in the prison with his dead body, whereas in the anime Wiseman is more of a deus ex machina for all the bad things to happen rather than an actual villain. In fact, Wiseman is actually my favorite villain in the manga but he's my least favorite in the anime.
"If we can''t comprehend the plan at hand, how could a higher plan make any more sense? I'd say you can only be a martyr if you know what you are dying for, and choose it"-Elphaba

"Those who made mistakes blame themselves and close their hearts. It's impossible to fix a mistake. Man can't return to the past. That's why we drink. Drunks, lushes, sliding alcohol down their throats to dilute the memories that can't be denied.-Vash The Stampede"

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:49 pm

Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
Tiff wrote:XDDD but that's the best reason of all!
I guess that's true. Sometimes the classic good vs evil plots can be entertaining if done properly but I don't like it so black and white all the time, either. I like them to be fleshed out some at least. It's like in the manga you know why he wanted to seek revenge and I just liked his manga role in general because I thought he was kind of creepier, like that scene where the Sailor Soldiers are locked in the prison with his dead body, whereas in the anime Wiseman is more of a deus ex machina for all the bad things to happen rather than an actual villain. In fact, Wiseman is actually my favorite villain in the manga but he's my least favorite in the anime.
^^; I was being humerous and sarcatic.

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

Senshi_of_Vision
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Senshi_of_Vision » Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:30 pm

Yep that whole prison scene gave me the chills to, I loved the skeleton laying there next to them and the way it seemed to help suck their will from the trapped senshi. Unkbeknowst to all involved that [spoiler]Wiseman became the entire planet[/spoiler] Man that whole story line was so amazing I loved it. Also as ive ranted before my favorite scene the one that sealed the Sailor Moon manga in my heart and spurred my love for the series Pluto's sacrifice was in that arc. I dont think I cried so hard over a piece of literary work in any form comic or non before that. It was really touching and I loved the way it was done in the manga. The anime version of her Michiru and Haruka in that helicopter still makes no sense to me because if anyone had enough sense not to get themselves into that kind of situation it would be those three. To me having them nearly die in a helicopter accident flying too close to an enemy base just screams that they were incompetent. And it made Pluto's sacrifice seem cheapened in my opinion.

Dinozore
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Dinozore » Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:37 pm

I never did understand why the Inners kept getting shafted on transformations/attacks in the anime (most notably in S). Also, they got to kill minor villains themselves in the manga.

Also, the major villains were more interesting the manga imo...
"Tell my tale to those who ask... tell it truthfully, the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence..." last words of Dinobot, "Code of Hero"
"Is that a poisonous elephant in your pocket or are you happy to see me?" ~another forum
"Monster! I''''m going to collide with you indefinitely as my limbs flail wildly about!" ~NPC, Dragon Warrior VII
"I bet you were thinking how hot it would be to see Tsunade with her gates wide open, inviting you..." ~DuneMan
"To use gaming terms, Tyrannosaurus Rex was a camper--- and he pwned his prey!" ~BaronVonAwesome
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!" ~Dinobot

Senshi_of_Vision
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Senshi_of_Vision » Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:57 am

Another thing that bugs me which I guess would make this #6 is the fact that they leave out the family style closeness of the Senshi both inner and outer. I for one would have loved to seen Michiru, Haruka and Setsuna raising Hotaru. I still love that part in the manga where Haruka and Michiru are in the car and pass a diaper sale and Michiru notes it. To me stuff like that would have beaten the filler comic stuff hands down. I also liked the way romance was played up in the manga better to. from the roses Haruka would bring to Michiru, to the early part of the manga where Usagi and Mamoru had each others personal objects (her hankerchief, his pocket watch) and the way they kissed it cause it reminded them of each other. I just think stuff like that would have been great in the show.

Dr. Casey
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Dr. Casey » Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:07 pm

Senshi_of_Vision wrote:And I dont like the thought of Sailor Mars with Mamoru period even before I knew about the manga I just did not see Rei as the type of person who would go after someone a friend (ugh loose term for the anime version of her) is clearly in love with. Even if the anime tried to make it seem as if Usagi did not have feelings for him at the time I just didnt like that story line at all and still dont.
Hmm... I thought Usagi didn't have any feelings for him that early in the series, though. He was just some jackass who she ran into way too often.

Loose term for the anime version of her, eh? I agree that she was slightly bitchy at times, but for me that scene at the beginning of Episode 195 made up for it.

jupiter23
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by jupiter23 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:27 pm

Dr. Casey wrote:Hmm... I thought Usagi didn't have any feelings for him that early in the series, though. He was just some jackass who she ran into way too often.
She didn't. As far as she was concerned at the time, Rei could have him. The only thing was that Mamoru wasn't really that interested in Rei, anyway. He was more concerned with the mysterious princess he kept dreaming about (and we all know who that turned out to be, so I won't elaborate further on that.)

And episode 195......that's the one where everyone discovers that Usagi is Galaxia's target and they give her all that anti-attacker stuff, right? (It's been a while since I've watched Sailor Stars, so I don't quite remember.)
Come join the party.

If the speed of light is 983,571,088 feet per second, what is the speed of dark?

Senshi_of_Vision
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Senshi_of_Vision » Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:53 pm

jupiter23 wrote:
Dr. Casey wrote:Hmm... I thought Usagi didn't have any feelings for him that early in the series, though. He was just some jackass who she ran into way too often.
She didn't. As far as she was concerned at the time, Rei could have him. The only thing was that Mamoru wasn't really that interested in Rei, anyway. He was more concerned with the mysterious princess he kept dreaming about (and we all know who that turned out to be, so I won't elaborate further on that.)
Yeah its true in the anime Usagi originally didnt view Mamoru as anything as a pest, and heck for a few moments in the manga it seemed like Motoki was the object of her affections. I just never liked the way Rei or Raye clinged to Mamoru it just bugged me to no end, just like the way they made poor Mako (mostly in the dubb) seem to think only of getting a boyfriend or pine for her lost Sempai. The whole Rei Mamoru then Rei Yuichirou thing really bugs me now that Ive read the manga because I love Rei's personality there better, it fits more that a girl who has prophetic powers and lives and works for a family shrine would be more mysterious and mature. The anime really screwed her up and it just doesnt seem right to me, Poor Rei was completely rewritten for the anime and the new personality just dont get it in my opinion.

otakugirl17
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by otakugirl17 » Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:58 am

I strongly agree about the change in Rei's personality. It is my number one pet peeve about the anime. She seemed so immature to be a priest which is a very serious job. Her dating Mamoru was so forced and unbelievable. All it did was spawn horrible fanfics about Rei moaning about Usagi/Mamoru or having Rei 'steal' Mamoru from Usagi. They should have kept Rei's original personality.

The anime in general acted like ALL the girls had to be boy crazy ditzes who can't function without one. The fact that Rei wasn't into guys was what made her so different from the other senshi and other girls in general. In fact, ALL the inners were interesting in the manga. The anime never took the time to go into their past.

Another thing that annoyed me was how the anime made all the senshi so weak they couldn't defeat the monster of the day or major villians. It was always ' only Sailor Moon can defeat he/she/it'. I know Usagi is the most powerful senshi but, PLEASE. Give the other senshi a time to shine.

I also hate how the senshi had over half their attacks dropped from the anime. I would have loved to see 'Snow Shine Illusion', 'Coconut Cyclone', ' Mars Snake Fire', and ' Rolling Heart Vibration' animated. Then there were those attack they did in R that just disappeared in S onward. Why didn't they ever use them again? They were pretty powerful attacks.

Oh, How could I forget Mamoru and Chibusa. Both had personality changes that led them to being the two most hated characters in the series.

Mamoru went from being a loving boyfriend to Usagi to being ' I'm only with her because I'm supposed to be boyfriend who treats my girlfriend like a child instead of a person'.

Chibiusa from a sweet child who can be slightly bratty and a capable senshi to being ' the biggest brat to my future mother who I'm supposed to respect while trying to steal my daddy from her and being a useless senshi whose attacks never work'.

Then there was the entire SuperS season but, I won't get into that.

jupiter23
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by jupiter23 » Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:16 pm

otakugirl17 wrote:I strongly agree about the change in Rei's personality. It is my number one pet peeve about the anime. She seemed so immature to be a priest which is a very serious job. Her dating Mamoru was so forced and unbelievable. All it did was spawn horrible fanfics about Rei moaning about Usagi/Mamoru or having Rei 'steal' Mamoru from Usagi. They should have kept Rei's original personality.
When it came to Rei's job as a priestess, she was serious even in the anime. I agree on the rest of that, however.
Another thing that annoyed me was how the anime made all the senshi so weak they couldn't defeat the monster of the day or major villians. It was always ' only Sailor Moon can defeat he/she/it'. I know Usagi is the most powerful senshi but, PLEASE. Give the other senshi a time to shine.
There were a couple of instances in the anime where other senshi are shown defeating the villian/monster. If I remember correctly, Sailor Jupiter and Sailor Neptune got one in Sailor Moon S and I think Sailor Uranus got one in the SuperS TV Special. If there were more, I can't remember at the moment.
Come join the party.

If the speed of light is 983,571,088 feet per second, what is the speed of dark?

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:28 pm

Didn't Jupiter also kill the Lion during the Ail and Ann arc, or am I misremembering things?

Would have been nice to see Mars and Venus kill enemies by themselves as well.
Peachvampiress has an account on DeviantArt. Insanity Within.
And a Myspace account for her clothing designs.

"A number of times, the only thing that kept me out of a satin box was that I could size up the other guy maybe half a second quicker than he could me."

"What the fuck are you talking about? You're taped to a chair."
~Suicide Kings

Senshi_of_Vision
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Senshi_of_Vision » Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:00 pm

Yep I do think a few of the inners in the anime got to take down a villian or two, and i didnt mind the focus showing Sailor Moon vanquishing Youmas and other monsters, it was just in the manga the big villians as I called them had a more hands on approach in my opinion and the battles between them and the Senshi would have been good to view in the anime. Now they did pit the Senshi verses the sisters in the R series, but I liked the individual tactics in the manga slightly better.