The Sailor Moon Guessing Game

The amazing anime that this site is dedicated to.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

AnimeGuru0
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by AnimeGuru0 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:29 pm

Concept
In this game, one person will be designated the "Questioner". The questioner will then post three clues concerning the identity of a character in Sailor Moon. All others playing the game (thus referred to as "Guesser") can then attempt to correctly answer who the character is. A correct answer will designate that person as the next "Questioner" and rounds in the game continue like this.

Moderation
This game will be overseen by the admin AnimeGuru0. All point tallying, rule enforcing, or anything having to do with the game will be dealt with through AnimeGuru0 with permission coming from Elanorea (the game suggestor). Please refer all questions concerning the game, its rules, challenges, or anything else to AnimeGuru0.

Members who Can Play
There will be a 10 day period for people to sign up to play this game. Only those registered to play may actually participate. Late registration will not be allowed. Participation without registration will result in disciplanary action from the mods.

Scoring
All players will start off with 15 points. For each "round" there will be one Questioner while all other players will be "Guessers". If the Questioner goes 24 hours with no one correctly identifying the character, the Questioner will get 2 points and will be Questioner for another round. If a guesser guesses correctly, they will recieve 2 points and be questioner for the next round (which starts as soon as AnimeGuru0 verifies that the answer is correct), the questioner will also lose 1 point. If a guesser guesses incorrectly, they will lose 1 point. Guessing IS NOT mandatory for each round. To prevent players who "stagnate" and never guess from winning, every 3 days all players will lose 1 point. Breaking rules will result in point penalties.

Rules for the "Questioners"
The questioner must pick a character that has been in more than one episode. The exception are those members of the Witches 5 that only appeared in one episode. The questioner can use anime or manga facts, dub or japanese facts, but must distinguish between the two (In the manga this character...) (in the anime this character...) (in the dub this character...) If no distinguishing characteristic is made you are to assume that the they are talking about the JAPANESE ANIME. Again, for dub or manga facts you HAVe to distinguish. Failure to do so will result in a loss of points. All characters must appear in the anime (no manga only characters). You must PM or Email AnimeGuru0 who the character is so that once someone gets the correct answer, the next round can start.

Rules for "Guessers"
You may only guess once per "Round". If someone guesses incorrectly after a correct guess has been made (due to AnimeGuru0 being at school/work/in the bathroom/in Ecuador), the guesser will NOT lose points. Also, guesses that have already been made in a particular round will not be allowed (doing such would be dumb anyways, since even if you were right you wouldn't get the point).

Rounds
AnimeGuru0 will specify the beginning and end of each round. A round will last for 24 hours (if no one guesses correctly) or until someone guesses correctly.

Point Deductions
At current point deductions will be assigned for-
- Breaking the rules -
- Failure to start a round within 24 hours if you are the designated Questioner - (Note: If for some reason you cannot be a questioner, you can "pass" your turn without a point deduction)

Registration will start as of today (10/30/06) and continue to 11/9/06. Also, use this time before the game starts to ask any questions, make any comments, etc about the game. This starting post will be updated continuously to reflect what's going on in the game.

Alright, everyone have fun ^^
Last edited by AnimeGuru0 on Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TBA

AnimeGuru0
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by AnimeGuru0 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:29 pm

Registered Players

1. Rin
2. SailorAsteroid
3. nap*
4. Nehelenia's Crazy Fangirl
5. Kali
6. Aya Reiko
7. Elanorea
8. MageNehelenia
9. Sailormars Obsessed fan
10. Sailor V
11. Jeff
12. RattleMan
13. Rainbow
14. Fruityla
Last edited by AnimeGuru0 on Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:42 am, edited 13 times in total.

TBA

Sailorasteroid
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Sailorasteroid » Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:39 pm

Do we register here or through PM?

Edit: then formally register me, please.
Last edited by Sailorasteroid on Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Things I think Are Funny Early in the Morning: If Batman were a Smurf: "Quick, Robin! We must smurf down to the Batcave and smurf the Batplane! Then we must smurf the batsmurf so we can smurf where the Joker is smurfing!"

The Croonerism Spate (explanations upon request)
Be careful with this one, there is a bit of a pun involved. Dr. Spooner described his visit to a castle: "In the center of the fortress was the Palace Court. The gated entrance to this area was the court palace."

Users whose sigs my quotes have made (now in two columns)
Tempest___________________Peachvampiress (I think)
Sylphiel (twice!)____________Neon Heart
RoastedTwinkies (long ago)___Alexclow345
Seiusa____________________Nehelenia`s Crazy Fangirl

I <3 all you guys!

AnimeGuru0
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by AnimeGuru0 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:36 pm

Register here =)

TBA

Rin
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Rin » Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:53 pm

I'm in!
Currently watching: Sailor Moon S movie

Red String Web comic: http://redstring.strawberrycomics.com/

nap*
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by nap* » Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:24 am

I'm in

Nehelenia's Crazy Fangirl
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Nehelenia's Crazy Fangirl » Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:27 am

count me in! ^_~*
Congratulations to the lucky winners of the Winter banner contest!=D Better luck on Valentines day to those who weren''t so lucky! ^_~*

We walk in the garden of his turbulence!!! =D- Geoffery Chaucer, A Knights Tale

Nehelenia, one for all. -Teh sloganize website. XDD
(\__/)
(+"."+)
(")_(") Help Bunny gain world domination.

Kali
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Kali » Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:00 am

me too

nap*
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by nap* » Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:04 pm

Question: Bob, Will you be giving us characters, so we make guess out of them, if not how do you know what character that we're talking about, unless you a hardcore sailor moon fan (mind lapse, don't ask)- I know this defeats the purpose of the game, but i'm assuming that your not playing. If you don't how know who were are talking about how can you garuntee that the person won't change there mind to a character that wasn't so obvious.

Sorry If it sounds stupid, I was thinking about it after reading the rules over and over

Aya Reiko
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Aya Reiko » Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:18 pm

Eh, count me in. Though I'm not sure how active I'll be.
You seem like the kind of person who'll lie.
However... this sword doesn't lie.

AnimeGuru0
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by AnimeGuru0 » Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:08 pm

nap* wrote:Question: Bob, Will you be giving us characters, so we make guess out of them, if not how do you know what character that we're talking about, unless you a hardcore sailor moon fan (mind lapse, don't ask)- I know this defeats the purpose of the game, but i'm assuming that your not playing. If you don't how know who were are talking about how can you garuntee that the person won't change there mind to a character that wasn't so obvious.

Sorry If it sounds stupid, I was thinking about it after reading the rules over and over
No I will not be playing (although the other mods are allowed to play). Reread the rules for Questioners section more carefully. The questioner must PM or Email me who the character in question is. That way I know.

For example, Nap, if you become the questioner, you will pick a character and list 3 things about that character. You will then either email me or PM me and tell me who the character is. When someone gets it right, once I see it I will announce that the round is over, distribute points, assign the new questioner (if there is one), and start the next round.

Also, lets say the character is Sailor Moon. You'd do something like this:

- Brother's name is shingo.
- Is called "odango atama" or "dumpling head."
- Is sometimes called a ditz or clumsy.

People would try and guess and that's how the game would progress (although you'd probably want to make the facts a bit more obscure). Remember, you have to identify whether it's anime or manga facts that you're talking about. Also now that I think about it, dub facts can be used too but you MUST identify that you're talking about the dub. I'm gonna go ahead and add that to the rules right now....

TBA

Elanorea
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Elanorea » Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:26 pm

I'll play too.

Sailorasteroid
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Sailorasteroid » Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:46 pm

Another question: is a guess right if it identifies the person but not by the name given? Like, if in Bob's example I had guessed "Tsukino Usagi" or "Super Sailor Moon," would those be right? Same person, different names.
Things I think Are Funny Early in the Morning: If Batman were a Smurf: "Quick, Robin! We must smurf down to the Batcave and smurf the Batplane! Then we must smurf the batsmurf so we can smurf where the Joker is smurfing!"

The Croonerism Spate (explanations upon request)
Be careful with this one, there is a bit of a pun involved. Dr. Spooner described his visit to a castle: "In the center of the fortress was the Palace Court. The gated entrance to this area was the court palace."

Users whose sigs my quotes have made (now in two columns)
Tempest___________________Peachvampiress (I think)
Sylphiel (twice!)____________Neon Heart
RoastedTwinkies (long ago)___Alexclow345
Seiusa____________________Nehelenia`s Crazy Fangirl

I <3 all you guys!

AnimeGuru0
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by AnimeGuru0 » Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:42 pm

I would have considered both answers to be correct.

TBA

MageNehelenia
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by MageNehelenia » Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:25 pm

Count me in, too. =)

And a question: if something about a regular character comes from video games (i.e. Sailor Moon: Another Story), can it be used?
"In this world, there is no such thing as coincidence; there is only hitsuzen." - Ichihara Yuuko, xxxHOLiC

Sailormars Obsessed fan
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailormars Obsessed fan » Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:18 pm

I wouldnt mind trying this out if theres still room (I dont know the manga though :( )
"The great library of Willendorf, filled with dull tomes of trite accounts by pompous historians about matters that could not possibly be of interest to anyone but themselves." Kain -- Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

AnimeGuru0
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by AnimeGuru0 » Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:29 pm

MageNehelenia wrote:Count me in, too. =)

And a question: if something about a regular character comes from video games (i.e. Sailor Moon: Another Story), can it be used?
I'm gonna say no to the video games just cause not enough people have played them for it to be fair =)

TBA

Aya Reiko
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Aya Reiko » Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:15 pm

AnimeGuru0 wrote:

I'm gonna say no to the video games just cause not enough people have played them for it to be fair =)
Plus the video games are typically considered non-canon anyway.

Hmmm... Maybe the Questioner should clear the clues with AnimeGuru0 before posting, just to make sure all the clues are accurate and not taken form non-canon material.
You seem like the kind of person who'll lie.
However... this sword doesn't lie.

AnimeGuru0
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by AnimeGuru0 » Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:20 pm

Aya Reiko wrote:
AnimeGuru0 wrote:

Plus the video games are typically considered non-canon anyway.

Hmmm... Maybe the Questioner should clear the clues with AnimeGuru0 before posting, just to make sure all the clues are accurate and not taken form non-canon material.
While a good suggestion, I fear this would slow the game down too much. Instead I plan on dealing with issues like this by penalizing points. =)

TBA

Sailor V
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailor V » Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:30 pm

I'm in! This game sounds fun!
Bob: People! Tiff had to put the crying Usagi banner up! Enter the contest!!! D8
Tiff: They must love making Usagi cry. ;_; poor Usagi.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bumper Sticker: A villiage in Texas is missing its idiot. Send Bush home.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The idiot of 2010: Arnold Schwarzenegger sucks ass! He killed Tookie!
Sailor V: Do not worry! We will all be good little kids and when you come back, everything will be the same. *The place burns up as soon as Tiffu leaves*
Tiff: DAMN YOU ALL.
Sailor V: I DID NOT START IT! *Hides a liter and has Dan tied up in the backroom*
Dan: Gah! Off of me and back to Bob! *replaces self with Bob and runs*
Sailor V: Wait! Come back! I cannot have you interfering with my plans to bring down the forum!