Could the other villains have been redeemed?

The amazing anime that this site is dedicated to.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Jermyn
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Could the other villains have been redeemed?

Post by Jermyn » Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:29 pm

In Sailor Moon, many of the villains are redeemed, Ail, En, Fiore, Cooan, Berthier, Calaveras, Petz, The Amazon Trio, The Amazoness Quartet, Queen Nehellenia and Sailor Galaxia are all forgiven for what they done and are give a second chance to start over. Also Nephrite, Saphir and Prince Demand all die redeemed and I think that they went to Heaven. But what about the others villains, could they have possibly been redeemed too?

bioengineer
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by bioengineer » Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:25 pm

If so then whats the point in having villains in the first place if absolved from all crimes in the end?

Sailorasteroid
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Re: Could the other villains have been redeemed?

Post by Sailorasteroid » Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:54 pm

Jermyn wrote:In Sailor Moon, many of the villains are redeemed, Ail, En, Fiore, Cooan, Berthier, Calaveras, Petz, The Amazon Trio, The Amazoness Quartet, Queen Nehellenia and Sailor Galaxia are all forgiven for what they done and are give a second chance to start over. Also Nephrite, Saphir and Prince Demand all die redeemed and I think that they went to Heaven. But what about the others villains, could they have possibly been redeemed too?
And Sailor Tin Nyanko, by half. And Professor Tomoe. Sailor Moon is very much a believer in defeating an enemy by making them an ally. It is usually a matter of timing as to whether they can't be redeemed; Sailor Moon doesn't have a chance to try to help them. But yes, I like the idea. It fits in with my own belief that no matter what evil is in your heart, you should be understood and empathized with.
Things I think Are Funny Early in the Morning: If Batman were a Smurf: "Quick, Robin! We must smurf down to the Batcave and smurf the Batplane! Then we must smurf the batsmurf so we can smurf where the Joker is smurfing!"

The Croonerism Spate (explanations upon request)
Be careful with this one, there is a bit of a pun involved. Dr. Spooner described his visit to a castle: "In the center of the fortress was the Palace Court. The gated entrance to this area was the court palace."

Users whose sigs my quotes have made (now in two columns)
Tempest___________________Peachvampiress (I think)
Sylphiel (twice!)____________Neon Heart
RoastedTwinkies (long ago)___Alexclow345
Seiusa____________________Nehelenia`s Crazy Fangirl

I <3 all you guys!

Gamer8585
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Gamer8585 » Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:35 pm

I think anyone can be redemed if they want to be, however some are so far gone they loose the will to return to the light. Much like the Hollows from Bleach (at least as much as I've seen of it).

Relevent quote?:
"I am one of the Shitennou of the Dark Kingdom; I will
NEVER yell Refresh!" -Kunizite
The power of love conquers all...except a nuclear hypocenter.

Guess the "Quote of the moment:"
OF COURSE I"M MAD! YOU SHOT ME IN THE ASS! ---???

Jeff
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jeff » Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:15 pm

Usagi's pacifist leanings aren't really developed until the 3rd series. In the first series, she even wanted to kill Katrina just because she stole Minako's crush.

In the manga she doesn't try to heal as many people, either. I wonder why the anime softened her up.

Musashi
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Musashi » Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:39 pm

So she won't look evil since the monster-of-the-days usually just knock people out while she kills the evil buggers (monsters, not people)? ^^;

Topic. Right. ^^; Esmeraude! ;o; I didn't want her to gooo...

Saphir and Demand got great endings, though, even if their time as 'good' characters was very very short.
My Art - My LiveJournal

Zeta from Bulbagarden. xD
>>>Lucario learns a move called "Tonbogaeri". This is a move in Judo feauturing a kick to the groin. Yes, they''ve actually made "Kick Him in the Nuts" an attack. It should SO do 150% more damage to male Pokemon. XD

SailorMoonFan
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by SailorMoonFan » Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:42 pm

Jeff wrote:Usagi's pacifist leanings aren't really developed until the 3rd series. In the first series, she even wanted to kill Katrina just because she stole Minako's crush.

In the manga she doesn't try to heal as many people, either. I wonder why the anime softened her up.
I think Usagi's pacifist learnings Jeff is a sign of how she's growing up not only as Princess and Sailor Soldier but also as a person. And by Sailor Stars she doesn't want to harm anybody.
Current Sailor Moon Season watched: Re-watching Sailor Moon Classic
Episode 15: "Usagi is Frantic! Rei''s First Date"

Rin
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Rin » Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:17 pm

I think any of the villians could have been redeemed if they had asked for it. Unfortunantly, some of them are just too stubborn.
Currently watching: Sailor Moon S movie

Red String Web comic: http://redstring.strawberrycomics.com/

sailor skywalker
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by sailor skywalker » Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:55 am

I think Sailor Aluminum Seiren she was kinda friendly and to me she didn't act like a bad person just doing her job
and maybe Sailor Lead Crow if Sailor Aluminum Seiren was redeemed and told Lead Crow about it

Origiri
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by Origiri » Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:24 am

Can Queen Beryl be redeemed? Hardly. She has an old vendetta with the Moon Kingdom, she has fallen just too far from grace:and Sailormoon was not that powerful to redeem her in the first season, anyway. She barely killed her off with the help of the Sailor scouts.

Death Phantom? NO way! What he is? A freaking skull with a cloak and a desire to kill everything.

SM killed Prof. Tomoe in the manga IIRC? How sad! He was not guilty! Though Witches...are they really people in the anime? Villuv and Tellu's deaths were dramatic. And SM killed one of them with Rainbow Moon Heart Ache. (sorta)

M.Pharaoh 90? Eew, I do not think 'it' could be redeemed. Just what the heck is it?

BTW, did Kunzite really say 'I will NEVER refresh!' in the anime?

Anyway, I must confess that I do not like the manga's aspect of killing all villains:it is more bloody and mature, true, but it makes me feel sad to think Ayakashi sisters are disintegrated by Moon Princess Halation, and those poor Amazon Trio were only monsters of the day who were staged out simply. I liked Nehelenia's story in Anime a lot better too. Ah, and Sailor Galaxia final showdown. At least in the anime, Eternal SM did not kill her old friends with 'Silver Moon Crystal Power' attacl, that would be repulsing.

Nehelenia's Crazy Fangirl
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Nehelenia's Crazy Fangirl » Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:42 pm

I believe that if Sailormoon had been an older, more experienced person, than more of the villains could have been redeemed. If she had been older than perhaps she would've had more time in her past to develop empathy, which could have helped her to see the good in the villains more easily. I do hope that that made sense. :wink: I also hope that wasn't too simple. :oops:
Congratulations to the lucky winners of the Winter banner contest!=D Better luck on Valentines day to those who weren''t so lucky! ^_~*

We walk in the garden of his turbulence!!! =D- Geoffery Chaucer, A Knights Tale

Nehelenia, one for all. -Teh sloganize website. XDD
(\__/)
(+"."+)
(")_(") Help Bunny gain world domination.

Jeff
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jeff » Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:49 am

How is Queen Beryl any farther from grace than Nehelenia? They are like... the same person, three seasons removed.

Usagi's pacifism was exciting in S but by Sailor Stars it was just annoying. That's why I love PGSM Usagi - she gets pretty pissed off sometimes.

Origiri
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by Origiri » Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:12 am

Beryl was responsible for the fall of Moon Kingdom in the past, no? And many deaths! She is guilty by her own free will! Nehelenia is only a tricked child.

About Sailor Tin Nyanko, she was partially healed by Eternal SM, if she was hit again by Silver Moon Crystal Power atrtack, would she be completely healed? Would she regain her star seed? Some curiosity here. Too bad, that Galaxia does not allow much chance for her minions to be redeemed, she likes killing them whenever possible.

Nehelenia's Crazy Fangirl
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Nehelenia's Crazy Fangirl » Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:33 am

Jeff wrote:How is Queen Beryl any farther from grace than Nehelenia? They are like... the same person, three seasons removed.

Usagi's pacifism was exciting in S but by Sailor Stars it was just annoying. That's why I love PGSM Usagi - she gets pretty pissed off sometimes.
She isn't any farther from grace than Nehelenia. You have to keep in mind that if Usagi had become Sailormoon later in life, than things could have turned out differently. Also, when Chibiusa died, Usagi was very pissed off. If Nehelenia hadn't spilled her life's story to Usagi, there's a good chance that Nehelenia would've ended up being killed by Sailormoon. All that Sailormoon knew about Beryl was that if she didn't kill Beryl, the world would be taken over by the Dark Kingdom.
Congratulations to the lucky winners of the Winter banner contest!=D Better luck on Valentines day to those who weren''t so lucky! ^_~*

We walk in the garden of his turbulence!!! =D- Geoffery Chaucer, A Knights Tale

Nehelenia, one for all. -Teh sloganize website. XDD
(\__/)
(+"."+)
(")_(") Help Bunny gain world domination.

bioengineer
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by bioengineer » Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:30 am

Beryl was responsible for the fall of Moon Kingdom in the past, no? And many deaths! She is guilty by her own free will! Nehelenia is only a tricked child.
If we are going to apply such liberal excuses, then lets say this: Poor orphan annie Beryl turned to Metallia for help because stud Endymion snubbed her plain jane-ness and went for that lunarian blonde baywatch babe Serenity. Because Endymion still ignored her after her extreme makeover, its therefore his fault for Beryl turning evil and destroying Earth and Moon. Suddenly I am having flashbacks of watching the 1976 movie Carrie.

Prince Demande wasnt bad, he just wanted to return his exiled people back to Earth all while trying to court a married woman by killing her child and bombing her city filled with millions of people a la fat man and little boy style. But we'll just write the last two offenses off as being misunderstood.

In the end its all relative on who is evil and good. In PGSM when Usagi destroyed Earth twice, killing all lifeforms all because her boy toy died. Isnt that evil? Wouldnt that make her a villain? In SMR, Mamoru would not tell the real reason to Usagi why he broke up with her. Isnt that evil? In manga Stars Saga, Seiya was sending cards to Usagi under the guise they came from Mamoru who was dead at the time. Isnt that evil? In SMS, Rei had several premonitions about the 'Silence' coming yet didnt tell anyone initially. Withholding valueable information from fellow soliders and your commanding officer would be considered evil.

Sailormars Obsessed fan
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailormars Obsessed fan » Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:03 am

if they had really wanted to be redeemed they could have been.

I dont think Sailormoon could refresh anyone who didnt want it deep down
"The great library of Willendorf, filled with dull tomes of trite accounts by pompous historians about matters that could not possibly be of interest to anyone but themselves." Kain -- Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

DragonMasterZero
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by DragonMasterZero » Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:41 pm

bioengineer wrote:
If we are going to apply such liberal excuses, then lets say this: Poor orphan annie Beryl turned to Metallia for help because stud Endymion snubbed her plain jane-ness and went for that lunarian blonde baywatch babe Serenity. Because Endymion still ignored her after her extreme makeover, its therefore his fault for Beryl turning evil and destroying Earth and Moon. Suddenly I am having flashbacks of watching the 1976 movie Carrie.

Prince Demande wasnt bad, he just wanted to return his exiled people back to Earth all while trying to court a married woman by killing her child and bombing her city filled with millions of people a la fat man and little boy style. But we'll just write the last two offenses off as being misunderstood.

In the end its all relative on who is evil and good. In PGSM when Usagi destroyed Earth twice, killing all lifeforms all because her boy toy died. Isnt that evil? Wouldnt that make her a villain? In SMR, Mamoru would not tell the real reason to Usagi why he broke up with her. Isnt that evil? In manga Stars Saga, Seiya was sending cards to Usagi under the guise they came from Mamoru who was dead at the time. Isnt that evil? In SMS, Rei had several premonitions about the 'Silence' coming yet didnt tell anyone initially. Withholding valueable information from fellow soliders and your commanding officer would be considered evil.
"The Road to Hell is paved with good intentions"

ONTOPIC: Out of the villains that didnt get redeemed..........I dont think they COULD have been redeemed, they were just too far gone to be brought back to the light
Favorite Senshi: Saturn and Jupiter
If I had a Henshin phrase it would be: Dragon Master Power! Armor Up!

A shrine without girls is like Miso Soup without the Miso - Grandpa Hino
The human body can be drained of blood in 8 seconds given adequate vaccuuming systems - River - Firefly