Would a Sailor Moon/Dragonball Z Crossover work?

The amazing anime that this site is dedicated to.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Jermyn
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Would a Sailor Moon/Dragonball Z Crossover work?

Post by Jermyn » Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:49 pm

Okay, What if Sailor Moon, Tuxedo Mask, Sailor Chibi Moon and the Sailor Senshi got transported to Plant Namek in the DBZ dimension during the Frieza saga and there they meet Goku, Gohan, Vegeta, Piccolo and Krillin and help them fight the Ginyu Force and Frieza? Do you think it would make for a good story?

Panda
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Panda » Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:54 pm

Honestly... no.

But it is fun to write and think about. Only if you don't take it seriously. Besides, DBZ takes place in a different universe so... have fun with explaining that.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:57 pm

No no no no NO. A million times NO. x___X

*hates most crossovers, and hates this one the most*

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

Princess Latona
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Princess Latona » Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:58 pm

It could potentially work. I have seen some very good crossovers between Sailor Moon and other animes/series/movies. One of the most interesting (and best written!) I've ever seen was a Sailor Moon/Star Wars crossover.

It would be kind of difficult to iron out the details and make the storylines fit believably, but I think it would be possible.

Panda
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Panda » Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:19 pm

I'll help you out if you need it. I have fairly extensive knowledge of both anime's timelines (I guess I "specialize" in DBZ/Sailor Moon/Tenchi Muyo) so PM me if you're interested.It could be fun ;)
Princess Latona wrote:It could potentially work. I have seen some very good crossovers between Sailor Moon and other animes/series/movies. One of the most interesting (and best written!) I've ever seen was a Sailor Moon/Star Wars crossover.
I saw a nicely done one featuring the Ranma 1/2 crew and Sailor Moon. It worked pretty well conidering they both took place around the same time and everything (Ranma was in the mid to late 80's I believe?)

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:41 pm

Panda wrote:I'll help you out if you need it. I have fairly extensive knowledge of both anime's timelines (I guess I "specialize" in DBZ/Sailor Moon/Tenchi Muyo) so PM me if you're interested.It could be fun ;)
Princess Latona wrote:It could potentially work. I have seen some very good crossovers between Sailor Moon and other animes/series/movies. One of the most interesting (and best written!) I've ever seen was a Sailor Moon/Star Wars crossover.
I saw a nicely done one featuring the Ranma 1/2 crew and Sailor Moon. It worked pretty well conidering they both took place around the same time and everything (Ranma was in the mid to late 80's I believe?)
o.O 80's? Sailor Moon came out in 1992. Ranma 1/2 started in 1987...so they're really not around the same time o_o That's about 5 years apart.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

Rin
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Rin » Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:16 pm

The Sailor Senshi would be incredibly weak compared to the DBZ characters. Maybe if it were just purely romance it could be interesting. The problem with these crossovers is that there tends to be Mamoru bashing and Usagi gets a cute DBZ guy. I say give the other senshi some love.
Currently watching: Sailor Moon S movie

Red String Web comic: http://redstring.strawberrycomics.com/

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:20 pm

Rin wrote:Usagi gets a cute DBZ guy.
>_> Those don't exist. Except MAYBE Trunks.

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

bioengineer
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by bioengineer » Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:30 am

If you really want to do this Jermyn then go ahead. But here is my two cents on crossovers, and feel free to ignore this if you dont agree.

1. For any crossover to work, research the respective canon laws of physics and chemistry. For example a fight between Buu and Sailor Moon, Buu would win hands down. Im sorry but a person who can destroy a comet versus a person who can destroy a galaxy is a rigged fight.

2. Reasons, reasons, and reasons. Give a good reason why these different people should meet. I have read dozens of crossovers and wonder why the author crosses them over.

3. Keep characters in character as much as possible. Sure you will get tons of positive reviews if you have Usagi chopping Mamoru's head off because he snores in his sleep, then marrying Goku and having Chibiusa and Trunks, but anyone can do that. The less OOC the better.

DBZ/SM crossovers have been done to death. With plots ranging from the cookie cutter betrayl to Satan/Haruka romance. Find an original plot that no one has done and go from there.

Best of luck and God's speed.

Jermyn
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Jermyn » Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:00 am

By the way, how do you think the Sailor Senshi would fair in battle against the Ginyu Force and Frieza?

Dr. Casey
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Dr. Casey » Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:56 am

Without the use of Pluto's time-stopping ability the Sailor Senshi probably wouldn't be strong enough to take on Master Roshi, let alone the Ginyu Force or Frieza.

bioengineer
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by bioengineer » Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:46 am

Is this a 1 vs 1 or all the sailor senshi vs Frieza? I would say maybe, if they all go into a no hold bar fight with a 100% casuality rate.

Jeff
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jeff » Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:12 am

*confused look* A crossover already exists. If you are 18 or older, google Sailor and the 7 Ballz (no clue on why they left "Moon" out of the title).

sailor skywalker
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by sailor skywalker » Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:22 am

I think the cross over would not be a fair match
One big bang attack of Vegeta and Sailor Jupiter is out
one Kamehameha attack from Cell and mars is out

on the other hand Usagi could become good friends with Goku
and later on Minako and Mako are fighting over Trunks
Amy could be science buddys with Bulma

bioengineer
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by bioengineer » Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:19 am

Jeff wrote:*confused look* A crossover already exists. If you are 18 or older, google Sailor and the 7 Ballz (no clue on why they left "Moon" out of the title).
Just for the record the work was not done by Naoko or the DBZ creator (can't think of the name at this moment).

Skull13
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

I say it could work.

Post by Skull13 » Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:08 pm

I say it could work. If a person had all the right ideas, and ways to make it work. In fact, I think that it could work other areas, too. (To himself) Soon. Just keep that spark alive and it WILL work. Just keep working hard at it. (Out loud) I'm almost certain that it could work.
Split Personality
Bring Hope To Humanity!!!

sailor skywalker
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by sailor skywalker » Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:16 pm

well maybe the comical stuff will be good
Z fighters fight sailor moon style
and the senshi fight dragon ball style

nap*
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by nap* » Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:18 pm

It wouldn't work...

I mean you have to strech a sailor moon episode to three weeks just for DBZ to catch up

This could be 1 full week
Ka
Muun

meh
Spirul

a
Hear

meh
tu

HA
Attacku

Sailormars Obsessed fan
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailormars Obsessed fan » Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:21 pm

I dont think a DBZ/Sailormoon crossover would work simply because of how over powered the DBZ characters. I mean they can destroy planets by pointing at them. It would be like sailormoon in a universe filled with galaxia level monsters. Not much room for a good story there.
"The great library of Willendorf, filled with dull tomes of trite accounts by pompous historians about matters that could not possibly be of interest to anyone but themselves." Kain -- Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

Crecent beam
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by Crecent beam » Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:26 pm

In that case they would all have to become eternal sailor senshi.
We all go a little mad sometimes.

Authorized
Service
Shop

Nihongo ya furansugo ya supeingo ya eigo o benkyou shimasu.

Cresento beam showah ! Mars flame snipah ! Silbah mun crystalu pavah kiss !

The Card created by Sakura, abandon your old form and reincarnate under the name of your new master, Minako !