Tuxedo Mask vs Moonlight Knight

The amazing anime that this site is dedicated to.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Cardcaptor Takato
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Tuxedo Mask vs Moonlight Knight

Post by Cardcaptor Takato » Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:48 am

Between Sailor Moon's two protectors, which one did you like more? I always liked Moonlight Knight more than Tuxedo Mask and always wished that they kept him permanent after the Ail/En arc. For one thing, his sword was a much more practical weapon than Tuxedo Mask's roses and staff and the Moonlight Knight actually helped the Soldiers a great deal in their fights whereas Sailor Moon had to save Tuxedo Mask's ass more times than he saved her. I also thought the Moonlight Knight's speeches made a hell of a lot more sense than Tuxedo Mask's. Tuxedo Mask's speeches were just always so illogical and made no sense whatsoever. And I thought the idea of Moonlight Knight being Mamoru's "shadow" seperated from the real Mamoru was a pretty creative plot twist. Which one is your favorite?
"If we can''t comprehend the plan at hand, how could a higher plan make any more sense? I'd say you can only be a martyr if you know what you are dying for, and choose it"-Elphaba

"Those who made mistakes blame themselves and close their hearts. It's impossible to fix a mistake. Man can't return to the past. That's why we drink. Drunks, lushes, sliding alcohol down their throats to dilute the memories that can't be denied.-Vash The Stampede"

Umino
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Umino » Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:31 am

Eh, Moonlight Knight seemed to much like a Gekko Kamen knockoff to me. Atleast Tuxedo Mask is somewhat original, even if he still sucks.

Kasumi
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Kasumi » Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:06 am

Oh my, NO, I didn't like Moonlight Knight ONE BIT! In my opinion, he was even more ridiculous than Tuxedo Mask, although I liked Moonlight Knight's sword more than Tux' roses. ^^°

I still prefer Tux.
...Qui sême le vent, récolte la tempête...

kingofgames
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by kingofgames » Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:18 am

I felt Moonlight Knight was just slapped in temporary.. and dindt really put in any effort.
And sometimes, his little speeches didnt make any sense.

I like Tuxedo Kamen better Considering he auctually fought a bit more than Moonlight Knight, and had a bigger role in the First Series :)
Ultimate Anime Haven
Help support and join my Anime fourm
Favorite Senshi: Sailor Venus
My most over used Quote: Venus Power Makeup!

If you would like to Talk to me about anything, PM me
I just want to make friends

Current Sailor Moon Series: Sailor Moon R
Current Sailor Moon Episode: 86

Panda
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Panda » Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:28 am

Sorry, I gotta say Tuxedo here.

Tuxedo Mask is original. Even if his speeches sometimes are a little funky I'm sure it's harder than it looks to improvise in formal clothing so I cut him some slack.

Kasumi
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Kasumi » Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:34 am

Not to mention climbing up a tall building or crane and STILL come up with some good speeches xD

I thought that Moonlight Knight was quite a generic character. He lasted through the alien arc and created some confusion, but that's it. He had some moments, but... Tux is a more likeable character (although the two are the same person), but that's only understandable since Moonlight Knight was just part of the filler part of the R season.

If that didn't make any sense at all, bear with me, please ^^°
...Qui sême le vent, récolte la tempête...

Rin
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Rin » Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:45 pm

I liked the Moonlight Knight's outfit better. It's seems more practical to fight in. I did like Tuxedo Mask better in the first season, but after that, he seemed kind of useless.
Currently watching: Sailor Moon S movie

Red String Web comic: http://redstring.strawberrycomics.com/

the*blue*girl
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by the*blue*girl » Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:46 pm

tuxedo mask. first of all, i didn't like moonlight knights speeches. they made my brain hurt >.< and, as stupid as this sounds, i liked tuxedo more because he wore black and moonlight wore white. don't ask me why, but this makes me like tuxedo more. plus i love roses ^_^

''Frustration is the byproduct of success.''- said by our instructor Jason in an attempt to motivate us

You`ll say, Don`t fear your dreams, it`s easier than it seems
You`ll say you`d never let me fall from hopes so high
But never is a promise and you can`t afford to lie

- Fiona Apple, Never is a Promise

Jason: Stop talking, put your clothes on, and go home.
Us:(in a perfect chorus) .... THAT''S WHAT HE SAID!
Jason: ...-_- I quit.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:40 pm

I don't like either, but if I had to choose which I disliked the least, i'd pick Tuxedo Kamen. Moonlight Knight was like 50 times cheesier, and he was far more useless than tuxedo kamen. I just wanted to punch moonlight knight everytime he came onscreen.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

Sailorasteroid
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Sailorasteroid » Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:31 pm

Tsukikage no Knight could have been cool if there were ANY mystery about his identity or purpose, or any difference as far as episode structure. Remembering that he wasn't in the manga, I picture a writer's meeting going something like this:

"OK, so the senshi are in trouble again and Tuxedo Kamen throws his rose as usual and. . . "

"Umm. . . Tuxedo Kamen's out of the series. We never restored his memory after the Beryl battle."

"Well, we're under deadline, so just change his clothes and give him a new name. When the time comes we'll write something about being the part of Tuxedo Kamen that protects Sailor Moon even though he doesn't know it. We'll keep it vague."
Things I think Are Funny Early in the Morning: If Batman were a Smurf: "Quick, Robin! We must smurf down to the Batcave and smurf the Batplane! Then we must smurf the batsmurf so we can smurf where the Joker is smurfing!"

The Croonerism Spate (explanations upon request)
Be careful with this one, there is a bit of a pun involved. Dr. Spooner described his visit to a castle: "In the center of the fortress was the Palace Court. The gated entrance to this area was the court palace."

Users whose sigs my quotes have made (now in two columns)
Tempest___________________Peachvampiress (I think)
Sylphiel (twice!)____________Neon Heart
RoastedTwinkies (long ago)___Alexclow345
Seiusa____________________Nehelenia`s Crazy Fangirl

I <3 all you guys!

bioengineer
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by bioengineer » Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:40 pm

Rin wrote:I liked the Moonlight Knight's outfit better. It's seems more practical to fight in.quote]

We are talking about practicality in a show where red high heels, short skirts, black leather daisy dukes, and F-me boots are common battle attire?

Panda
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Panda » Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:29 pm

Well at least with the mini-skirts they have leg room. I couldn't imagine running in something like a Tuxedo.

Crecent beam
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by Crecent beam » Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:00 pm

But the tuxedo is also useful. He can use roses, a beyblade, his cane and hat as weapons, while the mantel can protect from attacks (even though it gets destroyed, see ep. 91).

I think I like Tux better. He's the original one, after all, and there's some latin charm in those red roses.
On the other hand Moonlight Knight's outfit looks very angelic; it would've been nice to see him and Etanal Sera mun fight together.

To make him more interesting, maybe they could've turned him into Mamoru's long lost twin brother, and then Usagi would be torn between the two.
We all go a little mad sometimes.

Authorized
Service
Shop

Nihongo ya furansugo ya supeingo ya eigo o benkyou shimasu.

Cresento beam showah ! Mars flame snipah ! Silbah mun crystalu pavah kiss !

The Card created by Sakura, abandon your old form and reincarnate under the name of your new master, Minako !

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:07 pm

Crecent beam wrote:But the tuxedo is also useful. He can use roses, a beyblade, his cane and hat as weapons, while the mantel can protect from attacks (even though it gets destroyed, see ep. 91).

I think I like Tux better. He's the original one, after all, and there's some latin charm in those red roses.
On the other hand Moonlight Knight's outfit looks very angelic; it would've been nice to see him and Etanal Sera mun fight together.

To make him more interesting, maybe they could've turned him into Mamoru's long lost twin brother, and then Usagi would be torn between the two.
WTF is a beyblade? o.o seriously, I have no clue what that is..an dI don't recall Tuxedo Kamen using a blade of any kind...

^^; The long lost twin thing sounds like a fanfic gone bad. That seriously wouldn't have made any sense, plot-wise.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

Crecent beam
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by Crecent beam » Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:12 pm

I was referring to that top (is that the word ?), that spinning thing he used in the S movie. I called it that because that's what they use in the anime "Beyblade". It was kind of a joke.
We all go a little mad sometimes.

Authorized
Service
Shop

Nihongo ya furansugo ya supeingo ya eigo o benkyou shimasu.

Cresento beam showah ! Mars flame snipah ! Silbah mun crystalu pavah kiss !

The Card created by Sakura, abandon your old form and reincarnate under the name of your new master, Minako !

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:14 pm

Crecent beam wrote:I was referring to that top (is that the word ?), that spinning thing he used in the S movie. I called it that because that's what they use in the anime "Beyblade". It was kind of a joke.
Ah, gotcha. ^^;

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

Sailor V
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailor V » Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:36 pm

I really liked MK better because he sounded more romantic and his speeches always had more meaning to them then TM.
Bob: People! Tiff had to put the crying Usagi banner up! Enter the contest!!! D8
Tiff: They must love making Usagi cry. ;_; poor Usagi.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bumper Sticker: A villiage in Texas is missing its idiot. Send Bush home.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The idiot of 2010: Arnold Schwarzenegger sucks ass! He killed Tookie!
Sailor V: Do not worry! We will all be good little kids and when you come back, everything will be the same. *The place burns up as soon as Tiffu leaves*
Tiff: DAMN YOU ALL.
Sailor V: I DID NOT START IT! *Hides a liter and has Dan tied up in the backroom*
Dan: Gah! Off of me and back to Bob! *replaces self with Bob and runs*
Sailor V: Wait! Come back! I cannot have you interfering with my plans to bring down the forum!

DreamEmpress
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by DreamEmpress » Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:47 pm

I'm standing by my Tuxedo Mask! He's so romantic and is there when you need him...even though his speeches are a bit out there. But at least they are short. The Moonlight Knight really confused me. In fact, he still gives me a slight headache.

Panda
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Panda » Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:13 pm

Rain or shine, I'm happiest..
When I'm with Tuxedo Mask!
He makes me sing, he makes me laugh!
I just love Tuxedo Mask!

Sorry... Dream Empress' post reminded me of that song :lol:

MageNehelenia
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by MageNehelenia » Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:32 pm

Hm...I have to say that I like Tuxedo Kamen just a bit more...but I do wish that TOEI would have made him more like the manga version, where he could actually do something other than throw roses around.
"In this world, there is no such thing as coincidence; there is only hitsuzen." - Ichihara Yuuko, xxxHOLiC