Which of three Sailor Moon movies is your favorite?

The amazing anime that this site is dedicated to.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Jermyn
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Which of three Sailor Moon movies is your favorite?

Post by Jermyn » Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:04 pm

Which of three Sailor Moon movies is your favorite? I like all three of them equally. What about you?

Rin
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Rin » Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:27 pm

I liked Sailor Moon S movie the best mainly because I love Luna and Artemis and it was nice to see some focus on them. I especially love the ending when Luna runs up to Artemis when he comes to see her at the airport.

Too bad the outer senshi didn't get more screen time. They could have been left out of the movie completely and it wouldn't have made a difference.

I like the SuperS ending song the best out of them and the opening of it was so cute!

R had the awesome song Moon Revenge playing at the end of it.
Currently watching: Sailor Moon S movie

Red String Web comic: http://redstring.strawberrycomics.com/

the*blue*girl
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by the*blue*girl » Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:35 pm

i loved them all, but my favorite was the first one. moon revenge is such a kick-ass song, and i always cry when usagi dies. the S movie was cute too, and it was nice to see a diferent side of luna. the super S movie was alright, but i though it was very cutesy (as in, sugar overload) plus, i watched that movie witout sound, so that didn't help =P

''Frustration is the byproduct of success.''- said by our instructor Jason in an attempt to motivate us

You`ll say, Don`t fear your dreams, it`s easier than it seems
You`ll say you`d never let me fall from hopes so high
But never is a promise and you can`t afford to lie

- Fiona Apple, Never is a Promise

Jason: Stop talking, put your clothes on, and go home.
Us:(in a perfect chorus) .... THAT''S WHAT HE SAID!
Jason: ...-_- I quit.

Jeff
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jeff » Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:39 pm

I think the overwhelming majority of people will be in favor of R. Who can say no to hot inter-species, same-sex lovin'?

My second-favorite is SuperS. S had the cool Snow Queen/Nehelenia music, but Kakeru was an idiot. It felt like the movie was trying to explain some kind of moral, but what was it? Himeno was right all along, she was just tricked by Luna floating around space (and stealing her boyfriend).

The SuperS movie was weird because Chibiusa totally cheated. And I didn't like the Outers being there at all; it just created continuity issues.

Sailorasteroid
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Sailorasteroid » Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:45 pm

The S movie was my favorite because of the Luna love story. To me, inter-species, different-sex lovin wins. To see her disappointment when she realizes that she is not right for the man she loves is one of the most tender moments in Sailor Moon.
Things I think Are Funny Early in the Morning: If Batman were a Smurf: "Quick, Robin! We must smurf down to the Batcave and smurf the Batplane! Then we must smurf the batsmurf so we can smurf where the Joker is smurfing!"

The Croonerism Spate (explanations upon request)
Be careful with this one, there is a bit of a pun involved. Dr. Spooner described his visit to a castle: "In the center of the fortress was the Palace Court. The gated entrance to this area was the court palace."

Users whose sigs my quotes have made (now in two columns)
Tempest___________________Peachvampiress (I think)
Sylphiel (twice!)____________Neon Heart
RoastedTwinkies (long ago)___Alexclow345
Seiusa____________________Nehelenia`s Crazy Fangirl

I <3 all you guys!

DragonMasterZero
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by DragonMasterZero » Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:14 pm

R is by far my favorite, SuperS comes in a distant 2nd with S looking lost out there
Favorite Senshi: Saturn and Jupiter
If I had a Henshin phrase it would be: Dragon Master Power! Armor Up!

A shrine without girls is like Miso Soup without the Miso - Grandpa Hino
The human body can be drained of blood in 8 seconds given adequate vaccuuming systems - River - Firefly

Umino
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Umino » Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:52 pm

Sailor Moon R was the best movie by far. Though if we're counting the mini-movies too, Ami-chan's First Love was amazing.

S would've been better if it stayed closer to the manga. Super S was pretty bland. Nice having the Outers there, even if Pluto is suppose to be dead. (Though, this may be the only movie that doesn't take place in the TV series timeline)

Musashi
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Musashi » Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:53 am

S and then R. Haven't gotten to see SuperS yet. ;-; But I did adore the opening with little Inners. xD

Moon Revenge IS MADE OF AWESOME.

S made me love Luna more somehow.
My Art - My LiveJournal

Zeta from Bulbagarden. xD
>>>Lucario learns a move called "Tonbogaeri". This is a move in Judo feauturing a kick to the groin. Yes, they''ve actually made "Kick Him in the Nuts" an attack. It should SO do 150% more damage to male Pokemon. XD

Sylphiel
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sylphiel » Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:51 am

I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I really didn't like R at all. The only part I liked was Moon Revenge. Other than that scene, I just found it incredibly corny and it annoyed me. Especially the villian (I can't even remember his name). Tuxedo Kamen's roses always drove me insane in the series, so the fact that this other guy uses flowers as a "weapon" only made me hate it even more. -_- Only saw it once, and never cared to see it again.

S, however... I love. I've seen it many times. I liked the Luna/Kakeru love story, it was cute. Seeing Luna as a human is awesome too. And the Outers kicked all kinds of butt.

SuperS was decent, and I liked it. I liked it better than R, and some of it was pretty funny, but it wasn't amazing. The ending was kinda nice.
Kait (ka-t) n. - see also Sylph.
1. Sassy Cleric IRL.
2. She who is likely to kick your ass in DDR.
3. Webmistress of lovesenshi.net.
4. Admin of Black Butterfly: An Anna Tsuchiya fan community.
5. Moderator of the KanzakaDex forums.
6. STILL SMUs Village Idiot. ^_~
Journal | Facebook | MySpace | Flickr

So if you care to find me, look to the western sky
As someone told me lately, everyone deserves the chance to fly
And if Im flying solo, at least Im flying free
To those whod ground me
Take a message back from me
Tell them how I am defying gravity

Kasumi
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Kasumi » Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:23 am

You are probably in the minority, but it's the same for me. I loved the romance and the ending song and all, but it wasn't nearly as beautiful as the S Movie.

Mainly, because I like the Kakeru und Himeko relationship, as much as Luna's and Artemis' (just too damn cute).
The action sequences... well, I love them more because the Outer senshi fought too (their henshin music is one of my favorite BGMs).
The Snowdancers were cool too. Don't worry, I haven't been able to listen to the English dub yet, so no Chihuahua sounds. I've been spared ;)

Oh and the song Moonlight Destiny = best movie ending. (although Moon Revenge and Morning Moon de Aimashou are as good)
...Qui sême le vent, récolte la tempête...

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:02 pm

Sylphiel
Tuxedo Kamen's roses always drove me insane in the series, so the fact that this other guy uses flowers as a "weapon" only made me hate it even more. -_-
Yeah but Fiore's flowers turned into bikini monsters. You have to admit that makes him a bit more cooler than Mamoru and his garden variety flowers :P
Peachvampiress has an account on DeviantArt. Insanity Within.
And a Myspace account for her clothing designs.

"A number of times, the only thing that kept me out of a satin box was that I could size up the other guy maybe half a second quicker than he could me."

"What the fuck are you talking about? You're taped to a chair."
~Suicide Kings

Panda
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Panda » Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:16 pm

I love the SuperS movie. But... it's mainly for nostalic reasons.

I memorized it when I was like... 8. I would just watch it over and over and over and over again and eventually when me an my 3rd grade homies would hang out to watch it I would always get caught mouthing the lines :oops:

It was the first Sailor Moon movie I saw. Plus, at the time, I was a huge Chibi-Usa fan and when you're 8 and the main character 8... it does something for you... (I feel the same way now about the inners since I'm 15. It just makes me connect to them better :? )

I love the other 2... I can't really decide which one more though. I'm not a winter liker (personal reason) so the S movie kinda brings back some rough memories. Also, like Sylphiel, I'm not into flower-throwing faggot aliens so R doesn't do much for me either. (Not to mention it drags on...)
But the ending part is awesome! :)

Sailor Rose
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Sailor Rose » Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:17 pm

I would say my favourite is.... R because i just love Moon revenge.

It's Moon Revenge, woo....

thats all ya hear in my house...

I like s because of luna and artemis but still R is ma favits on every three days hehe.

laterz

love rosanna

Sailor V
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailor V » Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:30 pm

The thrid movie... I can't remember the name since it was such a long time ago....
Bob: People! Tiff had to put the crying Usagi banner up! Enter the contest!!! D8
Tiff: They must love making Usagi cry. ;_; poor Usagi.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bumper Sticker: A villiage in Texas is missing its idiot. Send Bush home.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The idiot of 2010: Arnold Schwarzenegger sucks ass! He killed Tookie!
Sailor V: Do not worry! We will all be good little kids and when you come back, everything will be the same. *The place burns up as soon as Tiffu leaves*
Tiff: DAMN YOU ALL.
Sailor V: I DID NOT START IT! *Hides a liter and has Dan tied up in the backroom*
Dan: Gah! Off of me and back to Bob! *replaces self with Bob and runs*
Sailor V: Wait! Come back! I cannot have you interfering with my plans to bring down the forum!

Rainbow
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Rainbow » Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:57 pm

The SuperS movie is my favorite, with the other 2 as lesser but I don't dislike them. Particularly because the R movie (dub) is what introduced me to Sailor Moon in the first place. Okay, reasons SuperS movie is my favorite:
-Sanji no Yosei! I really like that song.
-Chibi-Usa's the star and she's my favorite character.
-I like her interactions with Usagi in it, and then I like how Usagi realizes that...
[spoiler]She really WOULDN'T like Mamoru to love her better than Chibi-Usa and then she breaks out of her dream box thing[/spoiler]
-I like the cute scenes where it shows the Senshi as kids (too bad it didn't do the same for the Outers).
-It has one of those ecchi Haruka and Michiru lines in it, where Michiru says there are things that adults can do that are more fun, and Haruka blushes. :D
-I like the general candy theme.
-The ending is very sweet with Usagi and Chibi-Usa together, I love their mother/daughter things.
-It's one of the few movies/shows that can actually make me teary-eyed in a sweet way.

My main regret with the movies is that I have the Japanese versions of the first two, but I don't have the SuperS one in Japanese, I have it in English. I did get to watch my friend's copy though.
http://rainbow774.tripod.com/

The Realm of the Dessert Senshi. My fanfic series that is set in Crystal Tokyo and includes foreign Senshi, fat Senshi, a Senshi in a wheelchair and a magical hyrax.

Cardcaptor Takato
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Cardcaptor Takato » Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:16 pm

My favorite is the R movie. I love the shounen-ai undertoneness of it all and how we get to learn more about Mamoru's past and we get to see his real first meeting with Usagi. It also has the coolest attack sequences for the Soldiers and I love the awesome soundtrack, especially Moon Revenge, and the R movie has the best pacing of the three. Plus, I love the scene where Ami gets caught thinking Mamoru could be gay. That just cracked me up. The S movie is my second favorite. I liked how they developed Luna and Artemis' relationship who never really got enough spotlight in the series. The animation was gorgeous and much more consistent with less animation errors than the R movie.

Aside from Moonlight Destiny (one of my least favorite Sailor Moon songs), I loved the BGM for it, especially the track that plays in the scene when Kakeru tells Himeko that they can't be together because they're too different and Luna looks so sad watching them in pain. That tune in that scene was just really beautiful and I always love to listen to it over and over whenever I listen to the S movie soundtrack. I also loved the return of the Outers though I wish they included Saturn and showed more of them in general. And while I didn't care much for Moonlight Destiny, I loved the ending credit animation for the S movie. The clips of Usagi and Mamoru and Luna and Artemis watching the same sunset was just too kawaii. But I don't like the S movie as much as R because it drags on too long and crams in all the action scenes at the end. I also thought Princess Kaguya was too generic of a villian who's out to destroy the Earth for no reason at all other than because she's evil and that's just too predictable. And Sailor Moon's speech she gave near the end when she used the Silver Crystal was too cheesy for words as was Tuxedo Mask's speech about snow and lovers that he said earlier in the movie.

The Supers movie is my least favorite. It's basically like a rehash of the Supers season expect it's been compressed into a 60 min. movie and there's no Golden Crystal. I don't like how the movie ignores Chibi-usa's relationship with Helios and I think her relationship with Peruru felt too rushed. It's like they barely meet and suddenly "OMG, we're in so much love!" The battles were also too easy and predictable and there was no feeling of suspense in the movie; you knew the Soldiers were going to be victorious before it even started and Badianyu (or however her name is spelt) is another genric villian that gets no development whatsoever. The only things I liked about the Supers movie was the animation (which is some of the best in the anime), the really cute BGM, the ultra kawaii opening credit animation, seeing more of the Outers (especially the Haruka x Michiru ecchiness), and the ending theme was really kawaii. Otherwise the Supers movie was decent but nothing all that special and rather forgettable and we don't even get to learn anything new about the Soldiers.
"If we can''t comprehend the plan at hand, how could a higher plan make any more sense? I'd say you can only be a martyr if you know what you are dying for, and choose it"-Elphaba

"Those who made mistakes blame themselves and close their hearts. It's impossible to fix a mistake. Man can't return to the past. That's why we drink. Drunks, lushes, sliding alcohol down their throats to dilute the memories that can't be denied.-Vash The Stampede"

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:42 pm

S is my favorite. I love the romance behind it, and the fact that it's about Luna, and not the senshi. Human Luna is absolutely beautiful, and her transformation is one of my favorite scenes ever. I adore the music from that movie, and Moonlight Destiny is an awesome ED.

R comes in a close second. The ending to that (from the time the senshi remember their pasts, all the way to the very end) is AWESOME, and Moon Revenge is by far one of my favorite songs, period.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

DreamEmpress
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by DreamEmpress » Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:40 pm

I'd say my favorite is the SuperS movie. It holds a special place in my heart, considering it was the first Sailor Moon movie I ever saw. (And that was in Japanese with no subtitles) And i just really like the story.

My second fave is the S movie. Lovely music and you get to see more of the outers. I love seeing anime human Luna. She's so pretty.

I like the R movie, but it's not my favorite.

MageNehelenia
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by MageNehelenia » Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:46 pm

I think it's a tie between SuperS and S, for me.

I liked SuperS because of Peruru...and Sanji no Yosei. XDDD (The only thing that bugged me about it was that the solo instrument in the beginning was obviously a clarinet and it kept getting referred to as a flute. But hey, I'm a band geek, so sue me. XD) The perverted Neptune line and Usagi's dream coffin was cool, too. Oh, and Badiyanu, because star anise looks really cool to me. XD

S...I agree with Tiff in the fact that it was about Luna. It was cool to have a main character besides Usagi or Chibiusa for once. And Luna's animated human form looks really cool, too. ^^ I just wish that the movie were more faithful to the manga.

(In the same vein as the S movie, does anyone else wish that Casablanca Memories (the story about Rei, in the same volume) was also animated?)
"In this world, there is no such thing as coincidence; there is only hitsuzen." - Ichihara Yuuko, xxxHOLiC

sailorceres
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by sailorceres » Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:50 pm

my favorites are r and s...r mostly because mamo-chan and usagi are soo cute in it and because of MOON REVENGE! awesome song. i love how all the inners realize how important usagi is to them even though she is so silly and klutzy sometimes! the s i love because of luna, she is soo cute when she realizes what love is and its nice to see her not be so serious. seeing her human form is also cool.
Aitto Seigi, Sailor no Bishojo Senshi, Seera Mun! Tsukini Kawatte, Oshioki Yo!