Which of three Sailor Moon movies is your favorite?

The amazing anime that this site is dedicated to.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

otakugirl17
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by otakugirl17 » Sat Sep 16, 2006 3:32 pm

My favorite is S because of the Luna/ Kakeru romance even though I support Luna/ Artemis, that the outers were in it( barely. They should have got more screen time AND lines), and the music. The only real problem I had with the movie is that it had continuinty problems- no mention of the Death Busters, the absense of Saturn( who I REALLY wanted to see), the outers are actually nice to the inners and don't mind their help, and the fact that the Holy Grail hasn't been destroyed. I orginally thought that the movie took place before the final battle, but the outers attitude toward the inners contradicts this. To make things easier I go by the movie being based on the manga since the Luna/ Kakeru story IS in the manga.

My second favorite is R because I found the Fiore/ Mamoru relationship cute. The scene where the girls thought Mamoru might be gay was funny. Too bad the dub changed it and I hate that they omitted Moon Revenge. I don't have the uncut version and I REALLY want to listen to that song. I also loved this movie's theme of friendship and the way it showed how important Usagi is to the girls. I almost cried watching this movie.

My least favorite is SuperS. Even though in my opinion it has the best music/animation/ henshins, the plot was VERY weak and the enemies were too cute to be threatening. A real lack of action compared to the other two. The other two movies could have gotten away without action, but SuperS NEEDED action from the way the plot was set up. The outers being there caused confusion for me especially Pluto since she is supposed to be DEAD. The Peraru(sp?)/Chibiusa romance was also confusing seeing how Helios is supposed to be Chibiusa's love. It's like Chibiusa forgot about him all the sudden. Like the S movie, I go by SuperS being based on the manga since the outers ARE in the SuperS manga( though I'm still irritated Saturn was left out AGAIN).

I wish there had been a Stars movie though. Saturn would HAVE to be in that one if there was. Out of curiostiy, I wonder why there wasn't a Stars movie. It would made since to have one as they have one for the other seasons(exept for Classic which is understandable).

Jeff
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jeff » Sat Sep 16, 2006 5:19 pm

otakugirl17 wrote:I orginally thought that the movie took place before the final battle, but the outers attitude toward the inners contradicts this.
Um, it did take place before the final battle of the S season. It came out during the S season. Maybe the Outers weren't so hostile towards the others because this was a different battle (and they tended to work together in the monster-of-the-day episodes sometimes too). But if you want to say that it takes place after the end of the series, you're just wrong.

Usagi04
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Usagi04 » Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:12 pm

My favorite is R and S, mainly because I liked the stories better than the SuperS movie. :)
"The moonlight carries the message of love."
~Tsukino Usagi~

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:18 pm

otakugirl17 wrote:
I wish there had been a Stars movie though. Saturn would HAVE to be in that one if there was. Out of curiostiy, I wonder why there wasn't a Stars movie. It would made since to have one as they have one for the other seasons(exept for Classic which is understandable).
Becuase Stars is the end of the series. I mean, why make a movie out of the season that ENDS the series?

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

Jeff
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jeff » Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:28 pm

Eh, I think it's more likely that there wasn't as much of an audience. Sailor Stars got more popular towards the end of its run, but SuperS took a pretty big dent out of the ratings.

Annie
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Annie » Sun Sep 17, 2006 3:28 pm

I'd say R because I love Fiore and it was nice to see some elaboration on Mamoru's past. The ending was very cute, when Fiore realised that the flower Mamoru had given him actually came from Usagi.

usachan
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by usachan » Sun Sep 24, 2006 3:32 pm

I'd say S. I think out of all the movies it has the best music, and the best plotline. I think the fact it one of Naoko's stories probably makes it have a better plot though.

SuperS is second. I didn't think it was that great, but it had a cool ending song, and nice animation.

I really didn't like R that much. To me is just seems like they put the Doom Tree arc in a blender, threw in a Chibiusa and a cool song, and we had the R movie. *shrugs* ( I do like the doom tree arc though. )

Sailor-Luna
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Sailor-Luna » Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:52 pm

I like all of then, but the s-movie was allways my favourite. imo the best movie ever. 8)

Neon Heart
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Neon Heart » Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:21 pm

The SS movie... I'm probably the only one who gets a kick out of watching Tuxedo Kamen getting his ass kicked by a Bon Bon Baby.
The Single Funniest Thread Title Ever
Ian Ziering will not pose nude; world`s sigh of relief causes tornado

^ ^ ^ ROFL

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:06 pm

Neon Heart wrote:The SS movie... I'm probably the only one who gets a kick out of watching Tuxedo Kamen getting his ass kicked by a Bon Bon Baby.
Nope. I loved it. XD

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

Nehelenia's Crazy Fangirl
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Nehelenia's Crazy Fangirl » Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:01 pm

hmmm... tough question. I would have to say R though. I just thought Fiore was such a great character, and I really like how his relationship with Mamoru was developed. Also, Moon Revenge is probably one of my favorite SM songs. (right up there next to Watashi-Tachi ni Naritakute.)
Congratulations to the lucky winners of the Winter banner contest!=D Better luck on Valentines day to those who weren''t so lucky! ^_~*

We walk in the garden of his turbulence!!! =D- Geoffery Chaucer, A Knights Tale

Nehelenia, one for all. -Teh sloganize website. XDD
(\__/)
(+"."+)
(")_(") Help Bunny gain world domination.

Aishiteru
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Aishiteru » Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:07 pm

R is by far my fave. I love the thought of Usagi starting the whole rose obsession thing. I LOVE it when the senshi remember meeting Usagi for the firsttime. I think it would have been better if the whole Usagi and Mamoru becoming friends didn't conflict with how they met in the first season.

S comes in second. I liked the fact that Luna got to experiance this kind of thing, but when she turned human I'm pretty sure I saw a tail. I could be wrong. Also, the first time I saw this it was the dubbie, and British 50-year-olds dont do this.

I almost can't stand SS (at least not the dub) It was a bit sugary. Bon-Bon Babies? Please. Also, what about Helios?!
The Music of the Night and Tuxedo Mirage are what keep me from going completely INSANE! (right...)

This Side of Paradise
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by This Side of Paradise » Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:12 pm

I liked SuperS one the most, it's the first one that I had seen subbed. But afterwards I feel like eating a chocolate bar. :P I haven't seen the three movies dubbed though.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own. Adam Savage.

Adam: I think this is the strangest position I''ve ever been in on this show.
Kari: [quietly] Notice how he qualifies it with "on this show".

MythBusters.

mizangelamy
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by mizangelamy » Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:19 pm

I always liked the S because it was romantic of how Luna expereinced love even though The Outers weren't much in it but still good.
James and I are happily waiting to see our first born son on April 22, 2009!
Mrs. Green is happily married to her airman since May 10, 2008
"Gee, I never thought I had an effect on people until I was in Korea."~ Marilyn Monroe ~
"Not knowing of the dawn, not seeing the coming night, only my garnet eye crosses time, and I think of the people I love."~ Garnet Guardian from SM Memorial Song Box ~
"...the secret song of love is locked deep in my heart."~ Secret from SM Memorial Song Box ~

MySpace= add me!

Butterscotch
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Butterscotch » Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:57 pm

I'd have to say S. Luna's story-line is very sweet.

Sevvie
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Sevvie » Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:25 pm

R. I loved seeing how much Usagi mattered to everyone, and in general the story was just great. I remember one website saying that if they could only save one scene of Sailor Moon, it'd be the Moon Revenge sequence, and I agree with that.

S is a close second for the Luna/Artemis storyline. I'm a sucker for sappiness, so all the Luna/Artemis and Usagi/Mamoru appealed to me.

SuperS wasn't bad either, and I ADORE the animation. It just wasn't as good to me compared to the other two. I did love the Usagi/Chibiusa moments though.

Sailorsnake1986
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Sailorsnake1986 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:51 am

Only seen R and S in english. S I like a little more. Just mainly because I only own S. And you get to see Luna's first kiss <3

Chase Man!
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

We should really call them one hour specials...

Post by Chase Man! » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:29 pm

Well, I do enjoy all three of them, but if I had to pick a favorite...

I'll probably have to go with the S movie. Probably for these reasons...

-Unlike the other two, this one doesn't really pad out the plot as much.
-The Luna/Kakeru thing is actually pretty cute and interesting (coughsonicxelisecrapcough).
-Voice acting? Keiko Han needs an award for this somehow...
-Music? Wonderful!
-And besides, it's help this was a one-shot manga story before!
-And Others (don't want to begin an echo in this thread)!

Though, R and SuperS aren't no sloucher either. After all (in a nutshell)...

R DOES has Moon Revenge, and I can't bash the "movie" that reintroduced me to the show.

And SuperS is pure eye candy to an fan like me, and it's a fun "turn off your brain and watch" kind of "movie".

And besides, you gotta love the increased budget on these "movies"!

Oh, and my opinion on the whole canon thing with these "movies"?

"Just repeat to yourself, it's just a show, I should really just relax!"

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:08 pm

R was the best for me, I also liked S and SuperS because of the colorful animation. But R is my fave because Mamoru has more character development compared to all 200 episodes.
Neon Heart wrote:The SS movie... I'm probably the only one who gets a kick out of watching Tuxedo Kamen getting his ass kicked by a Bon Bon Baby.
lmfao that was the best part of SuperS.
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
I...Drink...Your...MILKSHAKE!!!-Daniel Plainview, There Will Be Blood
[email protected]#$%, you dont have a future.-The Bride, Kill Bill Vol. 2
Everybody say YATTA!!!
Whats the most youve ever lost on a coin toss?-Anton, No Country For Old Men
Dont toy with me Dr. Jones ! What is the point of all this?-Agent Irina Spalko, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Id sacrifice that bitch to satan!-Raye, Sailor Moon Abridged
I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you cant savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments-The Joker, The Dark Knight
DeviantART
AnimatedEvey12s Myspace, click if you dare!
My Blog
LJ!!!

SailorBallerinaMoon
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by SailorBallerinaMoon » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:30 pm

Me like the S movie the best. Best story line and the relationship between Kakeru and Luna is sweet. Plus I love the manga story of this.
BTW, the snow dancers remind of the snowflake damce in the Nutcracker Ballet.