Characters that you miss in later seasons

The amazing anime that this site is dedicated to.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Rin
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Characters that you miss in later seasons

Post by Rin » Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:06 pm

You know those minor characters that were somewhat important in earlier seasons, but then seem to drop of the planet later on? Which ones do you especially miss being on the show?

Urawa Ryo- I liked him with Ami. I think they made a really cute couple. I wish he had come back in later seasons.

Haruna-sensei- She was hilarious in the first season. Always cracked me up. I think she was there for one or two episodes on R but then never showed up in later episodes. I guess it makes sense though because Usagi did move up a grade.

Naru and Umino- I liked that they were Usagi's non senshi friends and I really wish that they were in the later seasons more instead of just one or two episodes per season.

Motoki- He was Usagi's first crush! And he could have been in an episode of Stars since I'm pretty sure they went to Crown Game Center.
Currently watching: Sailor Moon S movie

Red String Web comic: http://redstring.strawberrycomics.com/

the*blue*girl
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by the*blue*girl » Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:38 pm

all the people you already said, plus usagi's brother (shingo, right? look at that, i've forgotten his name. thats how much we see of him). we don't see much of him after R, i think. actually, not much of usagi's family in general.

''Frustration is the byproduct of success.''- said by our instructor Jason in an attempt to motivate us

You`ll say, Don`t fear your dreams, it`s easier than it seems
You`ll say you`d never let me fall from hopes so high
But never is a promise and you can`t afford to lie

- Fiona Apple, Never is a Promise

Jason: Stop talking, put your clothes on, and go home.
Us:(in a perfect chorus) .... THAT''S WHAT HE SAID!
Jason: ...-_- I quit.

Cardcaptor Takato
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Cardcaptor Takato » Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:46 pm

I've also wanted to see more of Shingo and Usagi's dad. Shingo at least appeared briefly in an episode of S but Usagi's dad doesn't appear at all for the rest of the series. I've always wanted to see him and Usagi interact with each other more and I always wondered if he ever accepted Mamoru as Usagi's boyfriend.
"If we can''t comprehend the plan at hand, how could a higher plan make any more sense? I'd say you can only be a martyr if you know what you are dying for, and choose it"-Elphaba

"Those who made mistakes blame themselves and close their hearts. It's impossible to fix a mistake. Man can't return to the past. That's why we drink. Drunks, lushes, sliding alcohol down their throats to dilute the memories that can't be denied.-Vash The Stampede"

Rainbow
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Rainbow » Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:35 pm

Well, I would've liked to see how Umino would've reacted to Taiki, especially with the "tying Ami on the test" thing.
http://rainbow774.tripod.com/

The Realm of the Dessert Senshi. My fanfic series that is set in Crystal Tokyo and includes foreign Senshi, fat Senshi, a Senshi in a wheelchair and a magical hyrax.

Sailormars Obsessed fan
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailormars Obsessed fan » Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:55 pm

I cant really answer this in a small manner.

I think its the story teller in me but as Ive said before I would have done the final season of the anime differently. Not the manga I know nothing about the manga so just assume for the sake of this post that the manga doesnt exist or something lol.

I would have had a lot of characters return in the final season. The Rainbow Crystal carriers, ali and ann with a new doom tree, both the amazone trio and quartet with Pegasus. The four sisters from sailormoon R. Basically I would have had them involved in the final battle against galaxia. I mean after all Sailormoon worked hard over the years to amass these allies so why not use them when they are realy needed.

As for the other recurring characters that vanished I would have done more with them as well. I probably would have had Usagi reveal to her family that she was Sailormoon. Possibly Naru and Umino as well. I just think they deserve to know after all they have been through.
"The great library of Willendorf, filled with dull tomes of trite accounts by pompous historians about matters that could not possibly be of interest to anyone but themselves." Kain -- Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

Kali
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Kali » Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:57 pm

UMINO!!!! gawd i love Umino so much ^_^

Rin
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Rin » Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:13 pm

I wish the four sisters showed up in later seasons. It would have been nice to have seen Petz moving on from Saphir, although maybe a little sad.

They could have at least be victims of the day, or maybe one of them could have helped the senshi in some way.

I forgot Yuuichiru too. I think he should have shown up in stars, and maybe he could find out about Rei being Sailor Mars. I always thought they were cute together.
Currently watching: Sailor Moon S movie

Red String Web comic: http://redstring.strawberrycomics.com/

Umino
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Umino » Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:13 pm

All of the minor characters.

Kenji-papa, Shingo, Umino, Naru, Motoki, Haruna-sensei, Yuuichiro...

It's a shame after SMR they pretty much dissappear.

Panda
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Panda » Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:32 pm

Yuuichirou... man, what happened to him anyway?

I also would have liked to see Grandpa Hino to... I just loved Rei's crazy little family in SM. Plus Rei and Yuuichirou as a couple (manga or not) was so cute.

Screw Umino and Naru though... they were lame in my book.

Shingo would have been cool. But then again, not really. There wasn't much they could have done with him during the series but I think they could have put more emphasis on the fact that Usagi is the only senshi with a sibling.

corza-chan
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by corza-chan » Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:15 am

It was very sad to see that Naru and Umino where never seen again after Ami-chan's First Love... Who knows what school they went to after finishin Junior High.
Check out my Sailor Moon Universe:
http://www.sailormoon-universe.com

jam-chan
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Re: Characters that you miss in later seasons

Post by jam-chan » Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:12 pm

Rin wrote: Urawa Ryo- I liked him with Ami. I think they made a really cute couple. I wish he had come back in later seasons.
Ryo-kuuuuuun! ;___; He was so adorable......
Last edited by jam-chan on Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dr. Casey
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Dr. Casey » Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:16 am

Urawa - I also liked him with Ami, and I really have to wonder why he couldn't have made another appearance in the freaking 159 episodes between his last appearance and the end of the series. Isn't he mentioned once sometime in R, though?

Naru - I didn't care much for Umino, but I love Naru. Her whole demeanor and character is really heartwarming. She's also one of the only characters whose number of appearances goes down in each successive arc without fail instead of fluctuating.

Sailor Moon Classic - 27 episodes
Doom Tree Arc - 5 episodes
Black Moon Saga - 3 episodes
Sailor Moon S - 2 episodes
Sailor Moon SuperS - 1 episode
Sailor Moon Stars - 0 episodes (I think)

The more you know.

Motoki - This guy is just awesome, and Usagi had some really strong feelings towards him in the first season; silly 14-year old daydream or not, you don't fantasize about marrying just anyone. I can't decide whether I miss him or Naru more. But, yeah... I thought it was pretty awesome how Motoki made four appearances in SuperS. That's something for a minor character late in the series. Go Motoki.

Kenji Tsukino - I didn't care for the guy that much, but come on. Dropping him from the anime entirely after the first half of freaking R is ridiculous. It's almost like the creators thought he was too mundane to keep in because he's just a normal dad, he's not the super kewl king of the moon with a mega awesome outfit!!11!11!1!

Shingo - I like the kid. I think more could have been done with him; the only two episodes which really did anything with his character at all were 18 and 144.

Honestly, though, even though I did kinda dislike the minor characters disappearing, I developed a bit of an appreciation for the exclusion during R. It was like the show was saying "We have our own tight group of Usagi, Ami, Rei, Makoto, Minako, Chibiusa, Luna, Artemis, and Mamoru, and that's all that we need."
Shingo at least appeared briefly in an episode of S
He did? I thought that none of Usagi's family appeared at all in S (although Mrs. Tsukino was referred to a few times).

corza-chan
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by corza-chan » Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:15 am

Dr. Casey wrote:Shingo - I like the kid. I think more could have been done with him; the only two episodes which really did anything with his character at all were 18 and 144.
Shingo at least appeared briefly in an episode of S
He did? I thought that none of Usagi's family appeared at all in S (although Mrs. Tsukino was referred to a few times).
Shingo appeared in episode #110. While Usagi lay on her bed thinking about the things Uranus & Neptune said.. while that beautiful music was playing (that was never released on CD), suddenly the door opens and Shingo tells Usagi that Haruka called.

We also see the Tsukino Family in SuperS #130... Kenji doesnt show appear @ all after R, but we see Shingo in the episode at the start when Chibi Usa and Shingo both got top scores for the tests and they are eating all of Ikuko's lemon pie.

Shingo also appears again in episode #144 protecting the girls from creepy guys and also the girls learn of his crush on Ami-chan.

I am pretty sure that's the last we see of him, but i culd be wrong. It has been a while since i have watched SuperS.
Check out my Sailor Moon Universe:
http://www.sailormoon-universe.com

Crecent beam
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by Crecent beam » Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:51 am

Shingo also appeared in ep. 139.
We all go a little mad sometimes.

Authorized
Service
Shop

Nihongo ya furansugo ya supeingo ya eigo o benkyou shimasu.

Cresento beam showah ! Mars flame snipah ! Silbah mun crystalu pavah kiss !

The Card created by Sakura, abandon your old form and reincarnate under the name of your new master, Minako !

Musashi
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Musashi » Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:12 am

Ryo, or well, an illusion of him, was shown to trick Mercury in the second-to-last episode of Classic (if I'm not mistaken), after Sailor Moon was shown not-Tuxedo Kamen.

Kenji was awesome. >>; Especially with the whole Mamoru thing. xD Ikuko-mama got enough. Naaaaru-chan! ;-; I adore her.
And Umino. xDD He's just too funny.
My Art - My LiveJournal

Zeta from Bulbagarden. xD
>>>Lucario learns a move called "Tonbogaeri". This is a move in Judo feauturing a kick to the groin. Yes, they''ve actually made "Kick Him in the Nuts" an attack. It should SO do 150% more damage to male Pokemon. XD

MageNehelenia
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by MageNehelenia » Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:28 am

Naru - I liked her a lot, and of course, I'm dang sure that she had figured Usagi out right before the end of SMR. Too bad that it was never played off of for the rest of the episiodes she was in (right?).

Umino - Umino and Naru go hand-in-hand. And he was kind of amusing, too XD

Ayakashi Sisters - They had SO much potential to be recurring characters after SMR ended, if only TOEI would have seen it that way as well.

Tomoe Souichi - After skipping an entire season along with the Outers, he makes a small appearance in the Nehelenia arc of Stars, just so you can see Setsuna taking Hotaru. It really would've been cool to have him around, as well as the Outers, during SuperS.

Sailor Quartet - Would've been awesome if they made an appearance in Stars with Chibiusa. =\
"In this world, there is no such thing as coincidence; there is only hitsuzen." - Ichihara Yuuko, xxxHOLiC

DreamEmpress
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by DreamEmpress » Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:56 pm

I always wanted to see more of Naru and Umino. They dropped off the face of the planet after a while. It would have been so cool to see much more of them.

Motoki, he definately needed to stay! Mamoru needed him. It's not fair to give him no one to hang around.

Usagi's family...I loved her interacts with her family. I wanted to see more of how Mamoru and her father got along. That would have been priceless.

Yuuichirou needed to be on more. He really livened up Rei's place. Although, i didn't mind Grandpa Hino's disappearence. He's just a little too weird for me.

sailorceres
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by sailorceres » Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:43 pm

I miss all the ones mentioned, but especially usagi's dad..i always wondered if he found out about mamoru an usagi or if her mom even knows. he was just so funny when he heard the words boy and friend together..
Aitto Seigi, Sailor no Bishojo Senshi, Seera Mun! Tsukini Kawatte, Oshioki Yo!

Dr. Casey
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Dr. Casey » Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:52 am

I like this topic, so I'm going to bump it.

I've decided to consider Kenji's last appearance to be in 134. He shows up in a picture and he's mentioned several times, so he's there in spirit. D:

usachan
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by usachan » Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:42 pm

MageNehelenia wrote:Naru - I liked her a lot, and of course, I'm dang sure that she had figured Usagi out right before the end of SMR. Too bad that it was never played off of for the rest of the episiodes she was in (right?).
I think she had it figured out much sooner than this actually. I think in the back if her mind she knew in the first season. I think she figured it out during her romance with Nephlyte.

Toward the end of the Doom Tree series, Umino mentions how popular Sailor Moon has gotten, and Naru says "Yep, we sure are proud of her, aren't we?" or something like that.