Characters that you miss in later seasons

The amazing anime that this site is dedicated to.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Neon Heart
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Neon Heart » Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:24 am

Queen Serenity. Sure, Usagi might be Neo Queen Serenity, and the story might begin to focus on her future ruling, but whatever happened to the spirit of Queen Serenity, trying to give Usagi confidence in the present, and confidence for the future? Some mom SHE turned out to be... But seriously, after the R season, she just kind of... Stopped appearing. Queen Serenity's abscence in the later episodes actually makes me wonder if Chibi-Usa knows if Queen Serenity ever exsisted or not.
The Single Funniest Thread Title Ever
Ian Ziering will not pose nude; world`s sigh of relief causes tornado

^ ^ ^ ROFL

SailorMoonFan
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by SailorMoonFan » Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:23 pm

It's possible that Chibiusa does know about Queen Serenity. I mean even though we never hear Usagi mention anything about Queen Serenity to Chibiusa doesn't mean that she hasn't told her--we don't see it on the show (on screen). I think Usagi would mention somethings about her mother to Chibiusa and it's also possible in the future she told her too.
Current Sailor Moon Season watched: Re-watching Sailor Moon Classic
Episode 15: "Usagi is Frantic! Rei''s First Date"

Fruityla
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Fruityla » Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:01 pm

Probably mentioned before, but hey.

Usagi's school chums (Including Naru and Umino). There was a lot more "in-school" interaction in the first two seasons than there was in later seasons, and I liked that. It was comical and you got to see other people besides the major characters input on certain situations.

I also miss Usagi's family, yeah you saw them here and there in later seasons but still.

Ryo, T_T What happened to his and Ami's romance?

>>; Seems like Chad fell off the face of earth after S, which I think he barely appeared in. Rei's grandpa didn't seem to be around much either

EDIT: I used Chad's dub name because I don't know the original off the top of my head

"Don''t let the cave-in get you down
Don''t let the falling rocks turn your smile into a frown...Sokka"
- Minstrel "Avatar: The Last Avatar"

Now you see me <_< Now you don''t

Dr. Casey
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Dr. Casey » Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:38 pm

Yeah, Yuichiro didn't show up much at all; he only made one appearance in the second half of the series. He showed up in...

Episode 30
Episode 31
Episode 38
Episode 41
Episode 54
Episode 63
Episode 70
Episode 99
Episode 136

Dr. Casey
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Dr. Casey » Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:42 pm

This reminds me. Do characters disappear from the manga just like they do in the anime? Whether the manga does a better or worse job of balancing out its secondary cast, I wouldn't be surprised either way.

bushinoki
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by bushinoki » Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:04 pm

I missed them all, really, but due to personal experience, I think having them fade out over time was a very good plot device. It's how life can be sometimes. What about the friends you knew a few years ago that you never talk to anymore?

jupiter23
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by jupiter23 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:53 pm

Dr. Casey wrote:This reminds me. Do characters disappear from the manga just like they do in the anime? Whether the manga does a better or worse job of balancing out its secondary cast, I wouldn't be surprised either way.
I would have to answer that with a "not really." Because while they do kind of fade from the main storyline, they do tend to pop up in the side stories (such as Naru) all throughout the series.
Come join the party.

If the speed of light is 983,571,088 feet per second, what is the speed of dark?

rockable
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by rockable » Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:49 pm

I was SO disappointed that Yuuichirou wasn't in Sailorstars. :cry:
I really liked him for some reason and always enjoyed the episodes he was in (except the lame one in SuperS).
Did actually any of the minor characters show up in Stars? Naru, Umino, Motoko, Unazuki...they must have all fallen into a plot hole or something. One of the things I didn't like about Stars, somehow, that ruined the whole Sailor Moon "feel" for me.

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:13 pm

Pretty much who everyone mentioned. For me, it is definitely Usagi's father, we see her mother but only a few episodes do we see her father. I would have liked to see the reaction of Usagi receiving that ring Mamoru gave her.

Amazoness Quartet for sure! One reason why I prefer the SuperS manga over the anime is because the quartet become Chibi-Usa's senshi, but in the anime they just leave. I would have also liked to see Elios again.

Urawa for sure.
Naru and Umino, I would like to know what happened to them.

Ayakashi Sisters-I just finished watched the R season and I honestly would have liked to know what happened to them.
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
I...Drink...Your...MILKSHAKE!!!-Daniel Plainview, There Will Be Blood
[email protected]#$%, you dont have a future.-The Bride, Kill Bill Vol. 2
Everybody say YATTA!!!
Whats the most youve ever lost on a coin toss?-Anton, No Country For Old Men
Dont toy with me Dr. Jones ! What is the point of all this?-Agent Irina Spalko, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Id sacrifice that bitch to satan!-Raye, Sailor Moon Abridged
I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you cant savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments-The Joker, The Dark Knight
DeviantART
AnimatedEvey12s Myspace, click if you dare!
My Blog
LJ!!!