The dumbest lines ever uttered

The amazing anime that this site is dedicated to.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

HighC
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by HighC » Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:23 pm

Alexclow345 wrote: "Serena, you left this under my bed!"-Raye, episode 38 Dub

The line isn't word for word, but that line just killed me. Why the hell would she love her Crescent Moon Wand under your bed? Serena may be dumb, but the dub acts if she's mentally retarded.

It's not the fact that it made Serena look mentally retarded that killed me its the fact that they changed the freakin point of the scene. In the original version Usagi gave Rei the cresent moon wand because they had to trust each other and after being accused of hating Usagi by Makato Rei tells the others that if she really did she wouldn't have accepted something that important.

Alexclow345
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Alexclow345 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:20 pm

HighC wrote:
Alexclow345 wrote: "Serena, you left this under my bed!"-Raye, episode 38 Dub

The line isn't word for word, but that line just killed me. Why the hell would she love her Crescent Moon Wand under your bed? Serena may be dumb, but the dub acts if she's mentally retarded.

It's not the fact that it made Serena look mentally retarded that killed me its the fact that they changed the freakin point of the scene. In the original version Usagi gave Rei the cresent moon wand because they had to trust each other and after being accused of hating Usagi by Makato Rei tells the others that if she really did she wouldn't have accepted something that important.
All right, I haven't seen the 1st season in a while, so that line is even dumber now xD
Sailor Jupiter Rules!

Still don''t know why this sig sucks. And I''ve been spelling sailor wrong for 2 years. Huh.
NEW AND IMPROVED: Now with more Jupiter!

SailorBallerinaMoon
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by SailorBallerinaMoon » Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:04 pm

Mercury to Kunzite(or shall I say Malacite?) in dub,

"Go bleach your roots Creep!"

No comment.

HighC
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by HighC » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:38 pm

One particularly stupid line I just remembered from the dub in the episode where the Scouts find out about the past (right before the season finale) Malachite tells Sailor Moon something about how the Negaverse trashed the Moon Kingdom and Sailor Moon's like: YOUR LYING! Uh Serena, Luna and Artemis pretty much told you that the Negaverse did just that eight episodes ago.
And the Sailor Says at the end of the episode was gold.

Sailor Moon:Beryl did a terrible thing when she trashed the moon kingdom.....(goes on about how you shouldn't pollute and take care of the environment)

Yes because let's compare mass murder of an entire civilization to littering.

Hobbes
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Hobbes » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:37 pm

HighC wrote:One particularly stupid line I just remembered from the dub in the episode where the Scouts find out about the past (right before the season finale) Malachite tells Sailor Moon something about how the Negaverse trashed the Moon Kingdom and Sailor Moon's like: YOUR LYING! Uh Serena, Luna and Artemis pretty much told you that the Negaverse did just that eight episodes ago.
And the Sailor Says at the end of the episode was gold.

Sailor Moon:Beryl did a terrible thing when she trashed the moon kingdom.....(goes on about how you shouldn't pollute and take care of the environment)

Yes because let's compare mass murder of an entire civilization to littering.
Well, there is a lot of debris left over from all that murder. It's just like soda cans! =Db [/sarcasm]
I AM YOUR LOVE-LOVE GODDESS B[BLEEP]ES!
-Aino Minako from Suburban Senshi

"Would I rather be feared or loved? Uh, both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me."
-Michael Scott, The Office

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:39 pm

Elsa Gray "COACH CALLS THEM THE SPIDER STRETCHES :D"

Yeah, I can see why a track and field coach would teach runners the importance of warming up their fingers before a race.
Peachvampiress has an account on DeviantArt. Insanity Within.
And a Myspace account for her clothing designs.

"A number of times, the only thing that kept me out of a satin box was that I could size up the other guy maybe half a second quicker than he could me."

"What the fuck are you talking about? You're taped to a chair."
~Suicide Kings

wink568
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by wink568 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:25 am

Watching the sub of the S movie, I noticed a line where they were discussing how to get rid of Kaguya, and Artemis mentions something about how she was sent away in the past with "Silver Crystal Power of love and friendship."

Then Ami asks "What's Silver Crystal Power of love and friendship?"

I guess I just thought that was kind of a dumb question, since the silver crystal had been used plenty of times in the past, and Sailor Moon has always had the support of her friends (which is why I think she could use it effectivly.) I would have figured Ami would have been able to make the connection.