The dumbest lines ever uttered

The amazing anime that this site is dedicated to.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Crecent beam
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by Crecent beam » Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:30 am

sailorceres wrote:i dont remember which season this is from but at one point mars in angry and she says somehting along the lines of "angry mars with her red high heels will chastise you!" or something...it kind of bothered me why did she mention her shoes? :shock: anyway if anyone knows the actual line please correct me!
It was the Snowhite episode in the Ail/Ann arc. I actually liked this line because her high heels are one of the first things you notice about Mars, it's kind of a symbol of hers, and they are cool, too.
We all go a little mad sometimes.

Authorized
Service
Shop

Nihongo ya furansugo ya supeingo ya eigo o benkyou shimasu.

Cresento beam showah ! Mars flame snipah ! Silbah mun crystalu pavah kiss !

The Card created by Sakura, abandon your old form and reincarnate under the name of your new master, Minako !

Nehelenia's Crazy Fangirl
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Nehelenia's Crazy Fangirl » Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:43 pm

The really stupid part is in bold.

While I was sealed away in that cold and dark place, you laughed at me from the outside. Surrounded by your loved ones, basking in the sunshine. Your blonde hair blowing in the wind.-Nehelenia-sama, translation by VKLL

:cry: Neehhh-chaaaaan.... ::yanks Nehelenia's Odango:: whyyy aare youuu payiing soooo ::seats Neh-chan on couch, stroking her hair:: muuuuch attention to Usaagi-san....?
Neh-sama: O_o...
Me: :twisted:

...Okay, aside from the above "conversation" that's still a bad line, considering that Nehelenia was asleep most of the time that she was sealed away in the new moon. And it also makes her sound like a stalker. :roll: (although, I guess she IS a stalker, of a sort.)
And the thing about the blonde hair blowing in wind part, it just sounds so, "fluffy", for some reason that's the only word I can think of to describe that stupidity.
Congratulations to the lucky winners of the Winter banner contest!=D Better luck on Valentines day to those who weren''t so lucky! ^_~*

We walk in the garden of his turbulence!!! =D- Geoffery Chaucer, A Knights Tale

Nehelenia, one for all. -Teh sloganize website. XDD
(\__/)
(+"."+)
(")_(") Help Bunny gain world domination.

Kelsey
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Kelsey » Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:53 am

Finally! I thought I’d never find this thread.

This I found really dumb, it’s from "Dog Day For Artemis.”

Sailor Venus: “I’m Sailor Venus, and you’re burned toast!”

Sailor Moon: “Toast? When I’m done, she’ll be nothing but bread crumbs!"

Dr. Casey
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Dr. Casey » Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:56 pm

Yeah, it's exchanges like that which make me wonder if the dub writers were paid for making the script as bad as they possibly could.

bioengineer
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by bioengineer » Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:03 am

so are there any characters that don't spout off cheesy lines?

Jusenkyo no Pikachu
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jusenkyo no Pikachu » Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:55 am

bioengineer wrote:so are there any characters that don't spout off cheesy lines?
Rhett Butler/Hercules.
"That new girl? She seems kinda weird to me. And what kind of name is Buffy anyway?"
"Hey, Aphrodisia!"
--unaired Buffy pilot

If you're reading this, then you've lost the game.

supersailorearth
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by supersailorearth » Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:41 pm

"It's all written in funny symbols!"

Iced_Cappucino
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Iced_Cappucino » Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:21 pm

Agreeing with earlier posts, Tuxedo Mask makes NO sense. He sprouts out babble.

Lemme see...DUB slang, such as Hunk, Da bomb, Trippin....(Need I say more?)

I remember the DUB line in "Everything turns out Rosy" I think,

Amy: Too much juice.

.....WHAT! I don't get drunk or tipsy from too much juice!

I think the subbed episode where Diana arrives is kind of stupid. She has a crescent moon on her forehead, that should give some explanation as to where she came from.
Ross: You got me a cola drink.
Chandler: And a LEMON LIME!

Neko
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Neko » Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:49 pm

Amara: "Riddle me this, Batman..."

Huh? Was that a popular phrase when this episode was dubbed? Of course, it's inexcusable either way.

And... this gem from the original...
Usagi-chan: I wonder, could a friendship really exist between a boy and a girl that's different from love?

I don't even know what to say about that one.

Water Knight
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Water Knight » Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:06 pm

Something along the lines of this from the dubbed version of episode 41.

Amy: I don't like Greg...
Lita: Amy, there's this river in Egypt. De Nile!

Ugh... Not only that but after Sailor Mercury used Mercury Bubbles Blast, Darien says

"You think you can stop me with those silly bubbles?!"

Even worse, when Sailor Mercury used Mercury Bubbles Blast (from a different angle), she sounded like she was constipated or something.

HighC
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by HighC » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:29 pm

All the moon mama lines by Rini in the R dubbed movie. It's not dumb so much that its out of character for Rini to refer to Serena as her mom, it's dumb because chronologically speaking Rini shouldn't even know Serena is her mom yet. When Rini found out about Serena being her mom there was no time for the movie to take place before Rini returned to the 30th Century. I'm pretty sure the movie takes place sometime after Usagi and Mamoru get back together but before the Crystal Tokyo stuff.

Alexclow345
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Alexclow345 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:26 pm

I HATE this following line.

"Well, she's certainly no Venus de Milo!"

Why would somebody say that when a snow monster is trying to kill you?
Sailor Jupiter Rules!

Still don''t know why this sig sucks. And I''ve been spelling sailor wrong for 2 years. Huh.
NEW AND IMPROVED: Now with more Jupiter!

supersailorearth
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by supersailorearth » Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:41 pm

Alexclow345 wrote:I HATE this following line.

"Well, she's certainly no Venus de Milo!"

Why would somebody say that when a snow monster is trying to kill you?
that line never really bothered me. Granted I didn't really understand that at the time, but it still doesnt bother me. You'd think the the Senshi would be used to monsters trying to kill them, so they can say weird stuff like that about it. (pardon me, I dont know why I was trying to find any reason AT ALL in a dub script)

Princess Latona
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Princess Latona » Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:46 am

I still remember the "bubble gum" line from the dubbed version of "Battle in the Space-Time Corridor" from R. Ordinarily, I tolerated most of the dub's dumb lines, but this one I couldn't.

It went something like this:

MoTD (to Rini): "Oh, I'm so scared. What are you gonna do kid, stick bubble gum in my hair?"

Seriously, this is one of the extremely few dub lines that made me roll my eyes, it was that bad.
What is life? What if all it is is God playing a game of The Sims? Or even his own version of Final Fantasy? ~Me

sailorperkytoot123
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by sailorperkytoot123 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:39 pm

Oh one of the dumbest lines (from the dub):

Sailor Moon: (to Wiseman) I'm gonna whip your butt!
Wiseman: You whip me?!

I caught myself laughing at the stupidity of it.

Sailormars Obsessed fan
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailormars Obsessed fan » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:12 am

I dont remember the exact episode but it was an early one and this was only in the american dub

It was the typical scene where the senshi (I guess scouts in this instance) were introducing themselves to the monster of the day, and it was the basic "Im sailormoon, and Im sailormars" thing. It was as cheesy as it usually is but this time it ended with Jupiter saying in a very VERY faked emotional voice "And Jupiter Also!"

It sounded terrible and made me want to just stop watching for the day.

I dont know if this counts as stupid but I figured it needed mentioning. Does anyone know which episode this was from?
"The great library of Willendorf, filled with dull tomes of trite accounts by pompous historians about matters that could not possibly be of interest to anyone but themselves." Kain -- Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

Jamesares
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Jamesares » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:11 am

Here one that I thought was completely unecessary from the Dub

Michelle: Oh there playing a waltz, Darian would honor me with a Dance.

Serena: No

Amara: Come then why don't I give you a lesson, and then you can have Darian.

Serana: Oh, I do need lessons

Amara comment to teach Serena seem kind of random in the context of the conversation. I guess because I've seen the japanese language version it sound funny to me "shrug"
There Shall Come One After Me
And From Death’s Icy Grip
She Shall Bring Light Upon The World Once More
And Placed Upon A Crystal Throne
Her Light Shall Shine Forever More
-Rise of Crystal Tokyo 1st Prophecy

“Oh, yes, I can just see it now. I’ll tell the others how I tried to talk you out of this like a reasonable, responsible friend, and you threw a Deep Submerge at me.”
-Rei to Michiru, Long Way Down by RadiantBeam

"I rather laugh with the Sinners than cry with the Saints, the Sinners are much more fun."
-Bill Joel, Only The Good Die Young

Words of Advice:
1. Always remember you are normal, it everyone else that "weird".
2. Remember Ferengi Rules of Acquisition #76: Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies.
3. Jack may be nimble and Jack may be quick, but he still burned his a** on the candlestick.

sailorperkytoot123
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by sailorperkytoot123 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:11 pm

Sailormars Obsessed fan wrote:I dont remember the exact episode but it was an early one and this was only in the american dub

It was the typical scene where the senshi (I guess scouts in this instance) were introducing themselves to the monster of the day, and it was the basic "Im sailormoon, and Im sailormars" thing. It was as cheesy as it usually is but this time it ended with Jupiter saying in a very VERY faked emotional voice "And Jupiter Also!"

It sounded terrible and made me want to just stop watching for the day.

I dont know if this counts as stupid but I figured it needed mentioning. Does anyone know which episode this was from?
I think that line may be from an episode during the S season. I know that doesn't narrow it down nearly enough, but the reason I think so is that the S season is the only English dub of Sailor Moon I own, the rest of the dub I haven't seen since it was on Cartoon Network a century or two ago (although I do recall a few of the lines from the other seasons). But since the one you mentioned sounds particularly familiar, I think it was during S (or who knows, that line may have been used multiple times).

HighC
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by HighC » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:31 pm

yeah I just watched Dic's last dubbed episode. (Follow the Leader) About every piece of dialouge in that episode was terrible. I hope Lisa Lumby Richards isn't getting work anymore.

Alexclow345
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Alexclow345 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:05 pm

The whole episode with Rei and Chad during S didn't make sense to me.

"Serena, you left this under my bed!"-Raye, episode 38 Dub

The line isn't word for word, but that line just killed me. Why the hell would she love her Crescent Moon Wand under your bed? Serena may be dumb, but the dub acts if she's mentally retarded.
Sailor Jupiter Rules!

Still don''t know why this sig sucks. And I''ve been spelling sailor wrong for 2 years. Huh.
NEW AND IMPROVED: Now with more Jupiter!