The dumbest lines ever uttered

The amazing anime that this site is dedicated to.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

DragonMasterZero
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

The dumbest lines ever uttered

Post by DragonMasterZero » Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:23 pm

What do you think are some of the stupidest, most absurd, out of place lines that has ever been said in BSSM? Preferably sub lines but if you find a particularly foul dub line feel free to say it.

The worst one i've heard is in episode 44, after the senshi have been cut down by Kunzite, Sailor Moon says this "Even if you were to give us Haute couture dresses, I still wouldnt forgive you for cutting up a girls clothes"

In other context it wouldnt seem as bad but the fact she's saying this to KUNZITE after all her friends just got cut down, it it its just so DUMB

EDIT: Fixed that , thx for the info peach
Last edited by DragonMasterZero on Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Favorite Senshi: Saturn and Jupiter
If I had a Henshin phrase it would be: Dragon Master Power! Armor Up!

A shrine without girls is like Miso Soup without the Miso - Grandpa Hino
The human body can be drained of blood in 8 seconds given adequate vaccuuming systems - River - Firefly

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:30 pm

DragonMasterZero
"Even if you were to give us Haux-Cautre (something like that) dresses, I still wouldnt forgive you for cutting up a girls clothes"
Haute couture (^^; sorry, that's the designer in me talking)

I mentioned it in the "Things that annoyed you in general" thread, but Usagi's poet/snack line, just because at her age it isn't cute, it's stupid.
Peachvampiress has an account on DeviantArt. Insanity Within.
And a Myspace account for her clothing designs.

"A number of times, the only thing that kept me out of a satin box was that I could size up the other guy maybe half a second quicker than he could me."

"What the fuck are you talking about? You're taped to a chair."
~Suicide Kings

Dinozore
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Dinozore » Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:39 pm

Usagi's said some pretty stupid crap, I have to say...
"Tell my tale to those who ask... tell it truthfully, the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence..." last words of Dinobot, "Code of Hero"
"Is that a poisonous elephant in your pocket or are you happy to see me?" ~another forum
"Monster! I''''m going to collide with you indefinitely as my limbs flail wildly about!" ~NPC, Dragon Warrior VII
"I bet you were thinking how hot it would be to see Tsunade with her gates wide open, inviting you..." ~DuneMan
"To use gaming terms, Tyrannosaurus Rex was a camper--- and he pwned his prey!" ~BaronVonAwesome
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!" ~Dinobot

the dooky
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by the dooky » Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:59 am

This might not count as I actually adore this line, but it's absurd no matter how you look at it. From Episode 14, Sailor Moon to Tesuni:

"Because you abuse tennis, even Martina Navratilova is crying!"
Amazoness! Because men seldom make passes at girls who routinely kill men.

Cardcaptor Takato
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Cardcaptor Takato » Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:22 am

Dumbest line in all of Sailor Moon:

"Snow is beautiful but snow that blankets the world white is like beautiful lovers that meet in the winter!- Tuxedo Mask.

Ok, wtf? :shock:
"If we can''t comprehend the plan at hand, how could a higher plan make any more sense? I'd say you can only be a martyr if you know what you are dying for, and choose it"-Elphaba

"Those who made mistakes blame themselves and close their hearts. It's impossible to fix a mistake. Man can't return to the past. That's why we drink. Drunks, lushes, sliding alcohol down their throats to dilute the memories that can't be denied.-Vash The Stampede"

Umino
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Umino » Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:15 pm

"Let's DANCING!!"

So stupid, it's cool. XD

usachan
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by usachan » Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:04 pm

Personally none of the dumb things Usagi says bother me! That's part of her charm! :D
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:"Snow is beautiful but snow that blankets the world white is like beautiful lovers that meet in the winter!- Tuxedo Mask.

Ok, wtf? :shock:
Okay, now THAT as well as most anything Tuxedo Kamen says when he appears really is dumb, because it's always just nonsense!

Benderx
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Benderx » Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:18 pm

The only line that really bothered me was the infamous poet line from Sailor stars. That really made her look dumber than she is.

Crecent beam
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by Crecent beam » Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:52 pm

But I'm sure she was just joking when she said that.
We all go a little mad sometimes.

Authorized
Service
Shop

Nihongo ya furansugo ya supeingo ya eigo o benkyou shimasu.

Cresento beam showah ! Mars flame snipah ! Silbah mun crystalu pavah kiss !

The Card created by Sakura, abandon your old form and reincarnate under the name of your new master, Minako !

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:05 pm

Crecent beam wrote:But I'm sure she was just joking when she said that.
She wasn't.

Usagi really did not know what a poet was. I disagree that it was stupid, I found it funny..but she wasnt' meaning it as a joke. She said it complete with clueless look.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

Rainbow
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Rainbow » Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:16 pm

This is one from the dub, the story right after the princess awakens. After Princess Serena regained her memories and she faints, and at some point before she wakes up, Jupiter and Mercury have this exchange.

Jupiter: Don't worry, it's just a little fainting spell. (or was it Jupiter? I haven't seen the dub in a while so it might've been another, but I'm quite sure about Mercury's next line, which I HATE!)
Mercury: How princess-like! (said almost approvingly)

Okay, while I do know about the whole "weak, frail, fainting princess who gets rescued" cliche that this is referring to, it still annoys me and not only because it's horribly sexist. It doesn't really fit with the Sailor Moon universe, given that Serenity is the one who keeps having to rescue Endymion and such and there's so many more female heroes.

Come to think of it, does she ever faint as the princess besides that time and when she uses the Silver Crystal too much (like the end of the R movie, and there she had died)? Usually I think she faints when she's Moon and she either gets her energy drained (in the first two series) or when she's trying to be Super or Eternal Moon and she can't keep that form for long.
http://rainbow774.tripod.com/

The Realm of the Dessert Senshi. My fanfic series that is set in Crystal Tokyo and includes foreign Senshi, fat Senshi, a Senshi in a wheelchair and a magical hyrax.

Jeff
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jeff » Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:06 pm

Umino wrote:"Let's DANCING!!"

So stupid, it's cool. XD
Hahaha, I quote that constantly. <3Engrish.

Well, if the dub counts, I remember a line from the episode "Who's Really Who?" (WTF with stupid episode titles) in which Jupiter asks, "What's wrong Mars? Got a cramp?"

Now, what makes this so hilarious, at least to me and my brother, is that the scouts are then attacked by what all accounts appears to be a MASSIVE MENSTRUAL FLOW. And with all of that off-color moaning they do in the dub (every five seconds, in every episode, somebody goes MMMMM), it becomes a classic, classic episode.

I also cringed at the line from Mina to Amara in the volleyball episode when she so naively inquired, "Don't you have a boyfriend?", or something similar. Perhaps I'm being cruel, but are you freaking kidding me? Look at her! I was getting flashbacks to the awkward episodes of Ellen before she came out. Cwi is unbelievable, although she may have said something similar in the original.

kingofgames
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by kingofgames » Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:12 pm

Come to think of it, does she ever faint as the princess besides that time and when she uses the Silver Crystal too much (like the end of the R movie, and there she had died)? Usually I think she faints when she's Moon and she either gets her energy drained (in the first two series) or when she's trying to be Super or Eternal Moon and she can't keep that form for long.
Ehh... I;m pretty sure its only when shes as Sailor Moon.
Since When Usagi is as Sailor Moon, she problaby doesnt have the "complete" strength to weild it, but as the princess, she does.
Auctually, in the first season of Sailor Moon, it mentions that you need to be princess like in order to fully harnest the power of the Silver Crystal
Ultimate Anime Haven
Help support and join my Anime fourm
Favorite Senshi: Sailor Venus
My most over used Quote: Venus Power Makeup!

If you would like to Talk to me about anything, PM me
I just want to make friends

Current Sailor Moon Series: Sailor Moon R
Current Sailor Moon Episode: 86

corza-chan
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by corza-chan » Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:56 pm

I cannot help myself but to add the lines from the SMR movie... they seem to explain everything that's happening.. and it gets really annoying.

just after Fiore disappears the first time, the petals r flying around:

Darien: "Flower petals again?"
Amy: "There's so many"
Serena: "he's going away"
Darien: "but to where?!"
Mina: "He vanished!"
Lita: "Why did he come?"
(now Raye and Rini should have said something stupid like "the flower petals stopped..." "it doesnt smell nice anymore" :? )

Of course no dialogue was ever even used in this part of the Japanese version, but i guess the writers thought that kids in america and other english speaking countries, are really dumb... lol
Check out my Sailor Moon Universe:
http://www.sailormoon-universe.com

MageNehelenia
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by MageNehelenia » Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:02 am

Argh, so I watched the dub version of episode 160-something-or-other because I was feeling particularly masochistic one day, and I come upon this gem (in addition to all the "girl power" stuff being tossed around):

VesVes(I think) to Zirconia: There's a lot of girl power staring right at you!

Zirconia: It's not NICE to stare!

I saw that in the comparison of that episode, but I just had to hear it in real life, and that one just sent me into throes of laughter due to the sheer stupidity.
"In this world, there is no such thing as coincidence; there is only hitsuzen." - Ichihara Yuuko, xxxHOLiC

Hikari
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Hikari » Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:18 am

Minako (or Mina in this case): *holds up letter filled with Japanese characters* It's all a bunch of symbols! (or however it went.)

...*twitch* Oh, boy.

Umino
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Umino » Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:17 am

Here's a pretty stupid line from Stars. This is when Sailor Iron Mouse found out Seiya's identity.

Sailor Iron Mouse: If you don't want me to reveal your identity, give me your starseed!

Yeah that's pretty stupid. I mean, you're secert identiting being known to all is one thing, getting killed is another. To me that's like saying:

"If you don't want me to tell everyone you wet the bed, let me shoot you!"

sailorperkytoot123
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by sailorperkytoot123 » Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:59 pm

Dub episode where Malachite dies....

End of the episode:
Sailor Moon: Beryl is about to meet her match.
Everyone: SAILOR SCOUTS!

Why the HELL would they just yell "SAILOR SCOUTS"?!

DragonMasterZero
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by DragonMasterZero » Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:25 pm

Umino wrote:Here's a pretty stupid line from Stars. This is when Sailor Iron Mouse found out Seiya's identity.

Sailor Iron Mouse: If you don't want me to reveal your identity, give me your starseed!

Yeah that's pretty stupid. I mean, you're secert identiting being known to all is one thing, getting killed is another. To me that's like saying:

It's even dumber that its not revealing his/her (it's?) identity to everyone but just to Sailor Moon, which in the long run probably would have been a good thing
Favorite Senshi: Saturn and Jupiter
If I had a Henshin phrase it would be: Dragon Master Power! Armor Up!

A shrine without girls is like Miso Soup without the Miso - Grandpa Hino
The human body can be drained of blood in 8 seconds given adequate vaccuuming systems - River - Firefly

Dr. Casey
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Dr. Casey » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:40 pm

Umino wrote:Yeah that's pretty stupid. I mean, you're secert identiting being known to all is one thing, getting killed is another. To me that's like saying:

XD

From some random episode of S, Ami says: "Mercury! The planet of water!"

... the planet of water. Right.