The Silver Crystal or The Golden Crystal -which is stronger?

The amazing anime that this site is dedicated to.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Jermyn
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

The Silver Crystal or The Golden Crystal -which is stronger?

Post by Jermyn » Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:22 pm

Which crystal is more powerful? The Silver Crystal of Moon Kingdom or The Golden Crystal of Elysion?

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:05 pm

Why don't you first present YOUR opinion and what YOU think, instead of just asking a question. Add to your own discussion.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

Jermyn
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Jermyn » Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:34 pm

Tiff wrote:Why don't you first present YOUR opinion and what YOU think, instead of just asking a question. Add to your own discussion.
Well, I don't know which crystal is more powerful so that why I asked this.

Sailorasteroid
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Sailorasteroid » Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:42 pm

There's no definitive answer, unless Takeuchi were to declare, "Oh,. this crystal is definitely the more powerful." But it's something we can opine on.

I would say the Silver Crystal is more versatile and stronger, especially in the hands of someone like Sailor Moon. The Golden Crystal seems to be more of a support system keeping the planet alive, even though it could be used as a weapon. The Silver Crystal strikes me as more applied technology, that could do more than just protect or destroy.
Things I think Are Funny Early in the Morning: If Batman were a Smurf: "Quick, Robin! We must smurf down to the Batcave and smurf the Batplane! Then we must smurf the batsmurf so we can smurf where the Joker is smurfing!"

The Croonerism Spate (explanations upon request)
Be careful with this one, there is a bit of a pun involved. Dr. Spooner described his visit to a castle: "In the center of the fortress was the Palace Court. The gated entrance to this area was the court palace."

Users whose sigs my quotes have made (now in two columns)
Tempest___________________Peachvampiress (I think)
Sylphiel (twice!)____________Neon Heart
RoastedTwinkies (long ago)___Alexclow345
Seiusa____________________Nehelenia`s Crazy Fangirl

I <3 all you guys!

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:18 pm

Jermyn wrote: Well, I don't know which crystal is more powerful so that why I asked this.
=P You can still develop an opinion. Have you seen the episodes with the golden crystal? If this is just general information you want to know, then I suggest you google or do a search before coming here with it.

But as Asteroid said...there is NO general, factual answer. So this is really more of a theorized, opinion-based thread.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

Panda
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Panda » Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:46 pm

Hmmm..

I've always thought of the two crystals kinda working together in a sense. I've always been under the impression that the golden crystal was more for support and balance and the silver for offensive and defenes of wherever.

I dont know... I'm kinda fcuked up right now so I'll post again in the morning...

DragonMasterZero
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by DragonMasterZero » Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:34 pm

not so much my own opinion but my favorite idea is from Meara's "Full Circle" story where the Silver Crystal has a massive nearly uncontrollable power, while the Golden Crystal is more about shaping and controlling, and when used together they just pwn.
Favorite Senshi: Saturn and Jupiter
If I had a Henshin phrase it would be: Dragon Master Power! Armor Up!

A shrine without girls is like Miso Soup without the Miso - Grandpa Hino
The human body can be drained of blood in 8 seconds given adequate vaccuuming systems - River - Firefly

Crecent beam
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by Crecent beam » Sun Aug 20, 2006 4:31 am

Pegasus said that the Golden Crystal can "easily destroy the stars" and there was a picture of some planet being destroyed.

If I remember correctly, in the first season Luna said that the silver crystal can destroy the Universe. So I think the latter is more powerful.

Rainbow
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Rainbow » Sun Aug 20, 2006 6:00 pm

There's actually two different Golden Crystals, depending on whether or not you're talking about the anime or the manga. In the anime, it's Pegasus's horn. In the manga, it's Mamoru's crystal. But I would kind of agree with it being for support either way. In the manga, I remember Usagi saying something about it giving her hope or that was the source of Mamoru's power to help her.
http://rainbow774.tripod.com/

The Realm of the Dessert Senshi. My fanfic series that is set in Crystal Tokyo and includes foreign Senshi, fat Senshi, a Senshi in a wheelchair and a magical hyrax.

Hobbes
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Hobbes » Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:55 pm

I'd say the Silver Crystal. Considering that it helped make Crystal Tokyo, defeated three major villians, andis the basis of Sailor Moon's power, it wins out for me. But then I could be wrong.
I AM YOUR LOVE-LOVE GODDESS B[BLEEP]ES!
-Aino Minako from Suburban Senshi

"Would I rather be feared or loved? Uh, both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me."
-Michael Scott, The Office

kingofgames
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by kingofgames » Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:03 pm

I would say the same thing that Hobbes said, with an addition, that it the Sliver Crystal has the power to either destroy Sailor Moon, as which it could have done in Episode 46.

Also, it restored the Sailor Senshi's back to normal
Ultimate Anime Haven
Help support and join my Anime fourm
Favorite Senshi: Sailor Venus
My most over used Quote: Venus Power Makeup!

If you would like to Talk to me about anything, PM me
I just want to make friends

Current Sailor Moon Series: Sailor Moon R
Current Sailor Moon Episode: 86

Cardcaptor Takato
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Cardcaptor Takato » Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:05 pm

The Silver Crystal also has the power to heal transformed monsters back into normal humans, which the Golden Crystal isn't ever shown as having, so I'll also have to say the Silver Crystal because without it Usagi never would've defeated all of those humans Beryl turned into monsters.
"If we can''t comprehend the plan at hand, how could a higher plan make any more sense? I'd say you can only be a martyr if you know what you are dying for, and choose it"-Elphaba

"Those who made mistakes blame themselves and close their hearts. It's impossible to fix a mistake. Man can't return to the past. That's why we drink. Drunks, lushes, sliding alcohol down their throats to dilute the memories that can't be denied.-Vash The Stampede"

Crecent beam
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by Crecent beam » Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:12 am

Thinking of it, I remembered that in episode 149, when we say goodbye to the Amazon Trio, Pegagus used his horn (Golden Crystal) to transform the three of them into humans.
We all go a little mad sometimes.

Authorized
Service
Shop

Nihongo ya furansugo ya supeingo ya eigo o benkyou shimasu.

Cresento beam showah ! Mars flame snipah ! Silbah mun crystalu pavah kiss !

The Card created by Sakura, abandon your old form and reincarnate under the name of your new master, Minako !

bioengineer
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by bioengineer » Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:47 pm

Instead of speculation let’s search canon for the conclusion:

-----------------------
Act 40 of the manga:
From here, you [to Mamoru] went to the surface and protected this planet. Deep in this shrine, I offered my prayers to protect this planet. We never met each other, but our souls were always one. Our wishes were always one. And with the destined meeting of you two, again, we had the same wish. In your separate places, you couldn't be together. Then, too, the two of you [ to Mamoru and Usagi] shared the same mission, the same power, the same soul.
You protected this planet Earth. The Silver Millennium from without, and the Golden Kingdom from within. And now that mission is carried in the two crystals of your kingdoms. The Phantom Silver Crystal is the holy stone of the Princess of the Silver Millennium. The Golden Crystal is the holy stone of the Prince of the Golden Kingdom. They send out your power.
--------------------------
Notice the line where Elios says they both have the same power.