Watching any Sailor Moon lately?

The amazing anime that this site is dedicated to.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Yasha Kodachi
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Yasha Kodachi » Sun Oct 01, 2006 2:42 pm

I randomly started watching as much as the musical I could find, and a little bit of PGSM. Anyone else seen them recently? Or, more importantly, know where I can find a decent amound of SeraMyu?

Sailor V
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailor V » Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:51 pm

I might start going to YouTube ti watch more episodes, but that;s not a definite.
Bob: People! Tiff had to put the crying Usagi banner up! Enter the contest!!! D8
Tiff: They must love making Usagi cry. ;_; poor Usagi.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bumper Sticker: A villiage in Texas is missing its idiot. Send Bush home.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The idiot of 2010: Arnold Schwarzenegger sucks ass! He killed Tookie!
Sailor V: Do not worry! We will all be good little kids and when you come back, everything will be the same. *The place burns up as soon as Tiffu leaves*
Tiff: DAMN YOU ALL.
Sailor V: I DID NOT START IT! *Hides a liter and has Dan tied up in the backroom*
Dan: Gah! Off of me and back to Bob! *replaces self with Bob and runs*
Sailor V: Wait! Come back! I cannot have you interfering with my plans to bring down the forum!

SailorMoonFan
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by SailorMoonFan » Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:46 am

I'm slowly working my way through Sailor Moon Classic. I watched a ton of SM episodes this weekend from episodes 24-36 and I'm almost finished with the first season and I'm kind of surprised that the first season is almost over.

I watched these 2 episodes last night: "The Brilliant, Sparkling Silver Crystal! Enter The Moon Princess" & "Rebirth Remembered! Usagi And Mamoru's Past". These 2 are very beautiful episodes and the music just fits in every single scene. It's waaaaay better then the English dub. Right after I watched these 2 episodes, I've re-watched the English dub and it was just awful and I much prefer the song near the end when the Usagi is revealed as the Moon Princess. And also Usagi didn't say near the end "Wow, I'm the Moon Princess" (probably not in those words, lol) like the English dub did. In the original there is just silence and we just hear the song and then it ends right there. We already know that she's the Moon Princess, we don't need Usagi/Serena to say that she's the Princess. The dub just adds to much talk and not enough silence. Do you know that silence can create a big impact of emotion? Watch the original SM episodes and you'll see. :P

Even though Zoysite & Kunzite were both a gay couple, they just made their relationship so beautiful and not trashy as TV shows would do today. What I liked about Zoysite & Kunzite and Haruka & Michiru was how they treated their relationship. We always seen them holding hands or showing displays of emotions in a classy way but never getting down n' dirty. Like for example with Haruka & Michiru, we already know that their relationship is on the "next level" but we don't see it directly but we actually hear it through their sexual innuendos.

What do you guys think? Now I'm onto Episode 36 which I've already watched 2 times! The episode is THAT good!
Current Sailor Moon Season watched: Re-watching Sailor Moon Classic
Episode 15: "Usagi is Frantic! Rei''s First Date"

Fruityla
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Fruityla » Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:10 am

I should watch the full first two seasons again XD but this time subbed.

"Don''t let the cave-in get you down
Don''t let the falling rocks turn your smile into a frown...Sokka"
- Minstrel "Avatar: The Last Avatar"

Now you see me <_< Now you don''t

SailorMoonFan
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by SailorMoonFan » Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:23 am

Fruityla wrote:

Fruityla, is this going to be your first time watching the first 2 seasons of SM subbed in it's original format? Once you watch the original SM episodes I think that you will love it and appreciate it a lot more. At least you'll get to see and compare all of the changes that the English dub omitted.

Fruityla
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Fruityla » Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:43 am

SailorMoonFan wrote:
Fruityla wrote:

Fruityla, is this going to be your first time watching the first 2 seasons of SM subbed in it's original format? Once you watch the original SM episodes I think that you will love it and appreciate it a lot more. At least you'll get to see and compare all of the changes that the English dub omitted.

It's not my first time being exposed to subs, period. I've watched a few random episodes subtitled, but never a full season in order.

I noticed the changes first-hand when I watched the episode where they find out Usagi is the princess. The original had a COMPLETELY different atmosphere from the dub, which was crazy. And I had trouble with Zoicite being a guy XD he acts so girlish.

"Don''t let the cave-in get you down
Don''t let the falling rocks turn your smile into a frown...Sokka"
- Minstrel "Avatar: The Last Avatar"

Now you see me <_< Now you don''t

SailorMoonFan
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by SailorMoonFan » Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:03 am

Fruityla wrote:
SailorMoonFan wrote:
Fruityla wrote:

It's not my first time being exposed to subs, period. I've watched a few random episodes subtitled, but never a full season in order.

I noticed the changes first-hand when I watched the episode where they find out Usagi is the princess. The original had a COMPLETELY different atmosphere from the dub, which was crazy. And I had trouble with Zoicite being a guy XD he acts so girlish.

Yeah, seeing Zoicite as a guy was kind of weird to see at first for me but I got use to it. Now it's weird to see him as a woman. But you are defintely right. The original did have a completely different atmosphere from the dub. I much prefer the original. The music is just better in the original.

Origiri
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by Origiri » Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:30 am

No I was not able to watch good SM for at least three years. My life seems so empty. The fans here in Turkey called the channel which once broadcasted SM, and they replied:'We will never broadcast it again as we did not find it appropriate for the children.' and they refused to talk with us any longer. They did not answer our calls. How impudence. You have been broadcasting it three full times (all 200 epsiodes) for years, and you had already censored most of it (they made Haruka and Michiru cousins, can you believe that! And each episode was only 15-18 minutes long, since they cut so many 'nicer' scenes! They utterly SUCK! :evil: )

I want to cry! :cry:

Luckily, thanks to Sailor Moon fan, I discovered YouTube has many SM episodes and scenes and now it is my favourtie free-time hobby! I watched the last episode for five times yesterday! And I can watch more! :P

Blackat
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor
Location: The only place where you can find Kangaroos in your backyard.

Post by Blackat » Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:41 pm

I just finished watching the S movie, and I loved it! It was the first time I watched it. I found it to be my favourite out of all of the movies, just because it wasn't particularly centered on Sailor Moon and her fight against whatever. I mean that was there of course, but the central story was Luna. I cried when I watched it too - it was so heartfelt and sweet, and I felt the performances from the voice-actresses were really good. (original, not the dub)

Also about a day ago I finished watching The SuperS movie, and I quite liked that too. The animation on the old attacks that they re-did was great!

Kasumi
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Kasumi » Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:43 am

I'm just watching the R season again... I thought I would never do so again, luckily, the season is much _now_. ^^° I like most of the Droids, they are funny, but thank goodness not as silly and goofy as the ones in later seasons.
...Qui sême le vent, récolte la tempête...

SailorMoonFan
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by SailorMoonFan » Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:54 pm

I've just finished watching the whole first season of Sailor Moon Classic in its entirety in it's original Japanese language (with subtitles of course). This was a very excellent season with beautiful, poignant, and emotional moments and truely the last 2 episodes in this season was just AWESOME! I loved it and I can not believe how much the English dub took out. How dare they take out all those beautiful scenes. Also I have to admit, the last scene in Part 1 of the episode when Usagi meets the four Sailor Senshi in spirit form it made me a little teary eyed (I must admit!) and when Rei told Usagi to stand up and run it made me tear up a little more. Also at Part 2 when Usagi's Sailor Moon Henshin music played in the confrontation between Beryl and Sailor Moon, it bought lots of excitement, not to mention this feeling of closure (that's this is it and it's ending). Beautiful season!

Now I'm watching Sailor Moon R (the first half) with Ali and An and I'm loving it so far. Can't wait to watch the episode when Sailor Moon receives her new henshin and get to hear the new hensin music as well. CAN'T WAIT!!

Mad Hatteress Belial
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Mad Hatteress Belial » Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:57 am

I watched the end of Sailor Moon S, and I'm so darn pathetic; I was getting all teary-eyed when Prof. Tomoe was back to normal and trying to get through to Hotaru, which never would have happened if I'd watch the English version because his voice was so terrible. But, best of all, he's the only SM character I liked that wasn't killed!

Nephrite!!!!! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
STAGE OUT!!!

Sailor V
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailor V » Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:24 pm

Mad Hatteress Belial wrote:Nephrite!!!!! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
There, there, there. At keast we can take confort in knowing that he died for the greater good.
Bob: People! Tiff had to put the crying Usagi banner up! Enter the contest!!! D8
Sailor V: Do not worry! We will all be good little kids and when you come back, everything will be the same. *The place burns up as soon as Tiffu leaves*
Sailor V: I DID NOT START IT! *Hides a liter and has Dan tied up in the backroom*
Sailor V: Wait! Come back! I cannot have you interfering with my plans to bring down the forum!

Mad Hatteress Belial
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Mad Hatteress Belial » Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:59 am

Sailor V wrote:
Mad Hatteress Belial wrote:Nephrite!!!!! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
There, there, there. At keast we can take confort in knowing that he died for the greater good.
How is dying for freaking Naru for the greater good? Right after Nephrite dies she's like "Ooooh, Umino!" (That was "Melvin's" Japanese name, right?). I was so miffed; why would anyone fall for Naru? Blech.
STAGE OUT!!!

Sailor V
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailor V » Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:55 pm

Because of her disgusting fake New York accent? Bah! I wanted to slap Naru across the face several times when I watched those episodes, I screamed "whore" because I felt that she was cheating on Nephrite with her geek freak Umino only after a few weeks from his death.

SailorMoonFan
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by SailorMoonFan » Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:06 pm

Sailor V wrote:Because of her disgusting fake New York accent? Bah! I wanted to slap Naru across the face several times when I watched those episodes, I screamed "whore" because I felt that she was cheating on Nephrite with her geek freak Umino only after a few weeks from his death.
I don't feel that Naru was cheating on Nephrite with Umino after his death. I think Naru wanted to move on and it was time to. And even though she did go with Umino she didn't forget Nephrite in her heart. And besides, Umino and Naru didn't date and go out with each other until way later on and Naru began to have feelings for him later too.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:22 pm

Sailor V wrote:Because of her disgusting fake New York accent? Bah! I wanted to slap Naru across the face several times when I watched those episodes, I screamed "whore" because I felt that she was cheating on Nephrite with her geek freak Umino only after a few weeks from his death.
...Dude, come on. First off, Nephrite and Naru weren'te ven really DATING. He started to care about her closer to his death, and she had a schoolgirl crush on him. What did you expect a 14 year old girl to do? Mourn for a year over someone who wasn't even her boyfriend/husband/fiance?

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

Mad Hatteress Belial
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Mad Hatteress Belial » Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:44 am

It just sort of really got to me, because as a first grader, "Nephlite" was like my first crush, as pathetic as that is. I'm sure in the manga it didn't go as quicky, that it didn't seem like Naru was like, "Oh, well!" and moved on to Umino.

Anyways... Sailor Stars came in the mail today, but I can't watch it until the weekend due to work; I have a feeling I might get all weepy during the first episode with the whole Pluto/Prof./Hotaru scene.
STAGE OUT!!!

SailorMoonFan
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by SailorMoonFan » Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:32 pm

Right now I've ordered the Sailor Moon R, S & SuperS movies so I can't wait until they come! After I finish watching the Sailor Moon R series I will watch the "R" movie for the first time in it's original Japanese language (w/subtitles of course) and comment on it on the other posts that relates to the SM Movies.

Mad Hatteress Belial, have you watched Sailor Stars so far and what did you think of the first episode? After Sailor Stars are you going to start from the beginning and watch Sailor Moon Classic?

Sailorasteroid
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Sailorasteroid » Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:00 pm

Having never finished the dub to its end, I threw in episodes 159 and 160 on in dub-with-subtitles. These episodes served to remind me why I have never finished the dub to its end. I think the SMU comparisons might even be a little too lenient. That is, the individual ones. The cover page for SuperS gets it dead on: the casual slang speech effected by the girls is nauseating. But I've always liked how the Quartet became sort-of friends with the girls during the coming of age ceremony preparations.
Things I think Are Funny Early in the Morning: If Batman were a Smurf: "Quick, Robin! We must smurf down to the Batcave and smurf the Batplane! Then we must smurf the batsmurf so we can smurf where the Joker is smurfing!"

The Croonerism Spate (explanations upon request)
Be careful with this one, there is a bit of a pun involved. Dr. Spooner described his visit to a castle: "In the center of the fortress was the Palace Court. The gated entrance to this area was the court palace."

Users whose sigs my quotes have made (now in two columns)
Tempest___________________Peachvampiress (I think)
Sylphiel (twice!)____________Neon Heart
RoastedTwinkies (long ago)___Alexclow345
Seiusa____________________Nehelenia`s Crazy Fangirl

I <3 all you guys!