Watching any Sailor Moon lately?

The amazing anime that this site is dedicated to.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

SailorMoonFan
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Watching any Sailor Moon lately?

Post by SailorMoonFan » Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:05 am

I'm kind of interested to see if anyone is watching Sailor Moon at the moment and if so which season is it (Sailor Moon Classic, R, S, SuperS, Stars, 3 SM movies, or SuperS Specials) and which episode? If your not watching SM at the moment what was the last season/episode that you recently finished watching?

Do you watch the Sailor Moon episodes and seasons in order or do you skip around?

At the moment I'm watching Sailor Moon Classic and recently finished watching the first 2 episodes. I watch at least one episode a day and will begin to watch Episode 3 "Mysterious Sleeping Illness! Protect the Girl's Hearts in Love" which is one of my favorites in the Classic arc.

I intend to watch ALL of the SM seasons in order. I haven't seen all of the episodes in Season 1 because when I watched the dub on Cartoon Network's Toonami years ago I missed the ones that I never saw before so some episodes will be my first time seeing but most of all this will be my first time watching the whole 200 episodes, movies, and specials of Sailor Moon in Japanese w/subtitles.

kingofgames
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by kingofgames » Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:08 am

I'm curently watching Sailor Moon irght now as I type this :P

I;m on the Classic first season, in Japanese with English Subs
I;m on Episode 31 right now, out of the 62 I downloaded :roll:

I'm watching them in order, and I'm surprised how much I remember, and how much that DiC dubbed out .

I'm planning to watch all 200 episodes, and then watch the dubs again
Ultimate Anime Haven
Help support and join my Anime fourm
Favorite Senshi: Sailor Venus
My most over used Quote: Venus Power Makeup!

If you would like to Talk to me about anything, PM me
I just want to make friends

Current Sailor Moon Series: Sailor Moon R
Current Sailor Moon Episode: 86

Kasumi
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Kasumi » Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:25 am

I'm still watching Classic (not right now, but... y'know what I mean), and I skip around as I please. I'm always on the first 6 or 10 episodes, I watch them again and again.
My most watched episode should be Number 13 ^^°°°

On second thought, I also rewatch the fourth season for a few good laughs xD
...Qui sême le vent, récolte la tempête...

SailorMoonFan
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by SailorMoonFan » Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:50 am

Kasumi wrote:I'm still watching Classic (not right now, but... y'know what I mean), and I skip around as I please. I'm always on the first 6 or 10 episodes, I watch them again and again.
My most watched episode should be Number 13 ^^°°°

On second thought, I also rewatch the fourth season for a few good laughs xD
I notice that you like the Jedite arc of Sailor Moon Classic a lot because most of episodes that you mention have him in it. I notice that a lot of SM fans never mention Jedite that much. Even though his method of collecting energy did raise a lot of suspicion from the Sailor Senshi but Nephrite's plan was probably more clever because he only took energy from 1 person.

Kasumi
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Kasumi » Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:57 am

I know that. xD But, that's because I like him.
Not that I don't like the others, but...
Well...
I don't know how to express myself. I'm afraid that certain people will mock me or will not take me seriously. (and I'm certain there will be such people) Or even say that I'd be better in a nuthouse or something like that.
And on top of this, it will be offtopic. So I'd better shut up for now
...Qui sême le vent, récolte la tempête...

Alexclow345
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Alexclow345 » Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:38 pm

I'm watching SuperS right now (not like right now). I'm on episode 131! This is my Fourth time watching through in 4 months. Too much spare time...
Sailor Jupiter Rules!

Still don''t know why this sig sucks. And I''ve been spelling sailor wrong for 2 years. Huh.
NEW AND IMPROVED: Now with more Jupiter!

Panda
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Panda » Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:41 pm

I just finished R (like... 3 months ago...) and I'm watching through Classic. I think I'm on episode 8 or 9... one of those... and I tend to skip around alot. Never to the serious episodes but just to the light-hearted or funny ones.

AnimeGuru0
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by AnimeGuru0 » Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:57 pm

I'm currently in SuperS. I dunno why, I haven't watched Sailor Moon (except for a random episode here and there) in years, one day I just picked up R and started watching, and now I'm almost halfway through SuperS =P. I'm on the episode right after the one where Fish Eye attacks the fashion designer.

TBA

Cardcaptor Takato
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Cardcaptor Takato » Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:09 pm

I'm currently re-watching the first season and I'm up to episode 28 with the introduction of Ryo. I always re-watch Sailor Moon in order but I always skip Supers because that's the only season that I don't have.
"If we can''t comprehend the plan at hand, how could a higher plan make any more sense? I'd say you can only be a martyr if you know what you are dying for, and choose it"-Elphaba

"Those who made mistakes blame themselves and close their hearts. It's impossible to fix a mistake. Man can't return to the past. That's why we drink. Drunks, lushes, sliding alcohol down their throats to dilute the memories that can't be denied.-Vash The Stampede"

Rainbow
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Rainbow » Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:02 pm

I have been watching the first series on YouTube (although I supplement with the RealPlayer episodes I have when the YouTube ones don't work) and I plan to watch all 200 episodes and the three movies. I'm also watching through the live-action series too (raw Japanese on videos).

As of this post I'm up to episode 40 (the one about the family trip to the hot springs). I'll watch 2 or 3 episodes a day except on weekends, although when I start school it'll have to drop down to 1 or zero depending on what I have to do. I really do like going through the stories, especially hearing the characters in their Japanese voices. I've also been reading the dub comparisons after I watch the episodes to compare what was changed in the dub (without actually seeing the dub).
http://rainbow774.tripod.com/

The Realm of the Dessert Senshi. My fanfic series that is set in Crystal Tokyo and includes foreign Senshi, fat Senshi, a Senshi in a wheelchair and a magical hyrax.

the*blue*girl
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by the*blue*girl » Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:15 pm

im rewatching stars, just skipping around to my favorite episodes. sometimes i'll go on youtube and rewatch my favorite episodes from any season. eventually, im going to rewatch the whole series again in order, but not right now.

''Frustration is the byproduct of success.''- said by our instructor Jason in an attempt to motivate us

You`ll say, Don`t fear your dreams, it`s easier than it seems
You`ll say you`d never let me fall from hopes so high
But never is a promise and you can`t afford to lie

- Fiona Apple, Never is a Promise

Jason: Stop talking, put your clothes on, and go home.
Us:(in a perfect chorus) .... THAT''S WHAT HE SAID!
Jason: ...-_- I quit.

_Alexander_
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by _Alexander_ » Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:35 pm

I'm skipping around in all seasons. Mostly the S season but also R because I haven't watched it since 2003/2004. I use to watch the first season when I go to bed or when I want to watch the Swedish dub. :wink:

Gamer8585
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Gamer8585 » Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:32 pm

At this exact moment...no because I'm typing my response and its hard to read subs and type at the same time (at least in a coherent way). Actually I'm in the middle of Stars, the last episode I saw was ep. 176.

A while back I decided to watch all of the Subs (plus specials and movies) straight though. I almost made it, but this summer has become busier then expected, and I'm usually not in the mood to read subtitles when I get home. So hopefully I'll get though Stars, and achieve my goal by the end of the summer. Only 24 episodes to go, and I just have to keep moving.
The power of love conquers all...except a nuclear hypocenter.

Guess the "Quote of the moment:"
OF COURSE I"M MAD! YOU SHOT ME IN THE ASS! ---???

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:02 pm

I've started watching SuperS becuase I have yet to see all of it, and want to.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

kingofgames
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by kingofgames » Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:06 pm

I dont even remember Super S ......IT aired in 2000 US right ?
Ultimate Anime Haven

SailorMoonFan
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by SailorMoonFan » Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:08 pm

kingofgames wrote:I dont even remember Super S ......IT aired in 2000 US right ?
Yep your right! SuperS aired right after Sailor Moon S on Cartoon Network's Toonami. Too bad there weren't any commercial promos for the premiere for SuperS at the time.

kingofgames
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by kingofgames » Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:11 pm

>< No wonder I dindt tape it ><
curse Cartoon Network
Ultimate Anime Haven

smfan423
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by smfan423 » Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:02 pm

I'm currently d/ling ep 6 (dub) off of youtube. Unforunately it takes about 4-5 hours on this stupid dail-up. At least I can watch one/day or two/day if I've got the net.

Boy, I found out how sucky youtube is for dail-up (there is no caching system and anything can mess up the loading process). But at least I can d/l them negating these problems.

Oh, boy I can't wait until I get DSL. A shame I have to wait an extra 21 days due to problems with the switching station. UGH!!

Dr. Casey
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Dr. Casey » Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:13 pm

Dial-up does indeed suck a tremendous amount of ass. Good luck with getting DSL, because that should shorten the loading time per episode down to the 10-15 minute range.

I'm a newbie fan watching the series for the first time; I'm watching Sailor Moon R, just got done with episode 71. I enjoy it every bit as much as the first one; I loved the fight scene in episode 68. Besides being dramatic and all-around badass, it's also the first time that Usagi really seemed like an adult to me. Great music, great scene.

My main problem with R is the lack of Mitoki. I mean, one appearance in a 43-episode season? What the hell? This is what I call Dr. Tofu Syndrome, where awesome characters are prominent in the first season and then basically disappear.

SailorMoonFan
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by SailorMoonFan » Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:18 pm

Dr. Casey wrote:Dial-up does indeed suck a tremendous amount of ass. Good luck with getting DSL, because that should shorten the loading time per episode down to the 10-15 minute range.

I'm a newbie fan watching the series for the first time; I'm watching Sailor Moon R, just got done with episode 71. I enjoy it every bit as much as the first one; I loved the fight scene in episode 68. Besides being dramatic and all-around badass, it's also the first time that Usagi really seemed like an adult to me. Great music, great scene.

My main problem with R is the lack of Mitoki. I mean, one appearance in a 43-episode season? What the hell? This is what I call Dr. Tofu Syndrome, where awesome characters are prominent in the first season and then basically disappear.
Hey Dr. Casey, did you watch Ep. 67 (it's called "Ocean, Island, Vacation! The Soldier's Day Off) and if so what did you think about it? Ep. 67 doesn't really pertain to Black Moon Clan plot. Motoki appears a lot more in the first season. Ep. 68 is awesome. I've only seen the dub version and that was great so I know that the original is even better! And as the series keeps going you'll see Usagi grow up and mature even more--especially in the last season. Did you watch all of the first season?