Things that annoyed you in general

The amazing anime that this site is dedicated to.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

nap*
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by nap* » Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:26 pm

Energy beams, and Fire and stuff like that only make then senshi flinch.
But if it's anything else like a Rei's broom makes Usagi run.
Has the Broom got powers unseeable to the villians

Sailormars Obsessed fan
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailormars Obsessed fan » Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:25 pm

where are the police anyway? or the military? I mean a major city is being attack day by day. The police and the military would get spanked of course but still they would be all over the place.
"The great library of Willendorf, filled with dull tomes of trite accounts by pompous historians about matters that could not possibly be of interest to anyone but themselves." Kain -- Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

Cardcaptor Takato
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Cardcaptor Takato » Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:04 pm

The police did guard the airport when Jeadite made a threat in the sky in episode 13 but he ended up putting them to sleep, so they were useless.
"If we can''t comprehend the plan at hand, how could a higher plan make any more sense? I'd say you can only be a martyr if you know what you are dying for, and choose it"-Elphaba

"Those who made mistakes blame themselves and close their hearts. It's impossible to fix a mistake. Man can't return to the past. That's why we drink. Drunks, lushes, sliding alcohol down their throats to dilute the memories that can't be denied.-Vash The Stampede"

Sailormars Obsessed fan
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailormars Obsessed fan » Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:06 am

Cardcaptor Takato wrote:The police did guard the airport when Jeadite made a threat in the sky in episode 13 but he ended up putting them to sleep, so they were useless.
thats the only example I can think of too.

In sailormoon R when the UFO is over the city there should have been tanks in the street and lots of cop cars.

I guess the guy in charge of all that was like "Ahhh its a UFO. Wake me up for something important *rolls over and goes back to sleep*"
"The great library of Willendorf, filled with dull tomes of trite accounts by pompous historians about matters that could not possibly be of interest to anyone but themselves." Kain -- Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

Cardcaptor Takato
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Cardcaptor Takato » Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:54 am

One thing that annoys me about the S movie is that nobody seems concenred that the Earth is being covered by snow. The news reporter guy was way too ridicilously calm. He was like "Oh, it's snowing in Africa" and then everybody just goes about their daily business like nothing important is happening. Shouldn't there have been like more panicking and stuff? And how can Himeko have gone into space when there's a blizzard covering the planet, anyway? Shouldn't the blizzard have prevented the space ship from lifting off?
"If we can''t comprehend the plan at hand, how could a higher plan make any more sense? I'd say you can only be a martyr if you know what you are dying for, and choose it"-Elphaba

"Those who made mistakes blame themselves and close their hearts. It's impossible to fix a mistake. Man can't return to the past. That's why we drink. Drunks, lushes, sliding alcohol down their throats to dilute the memories that can't be denied.-Vash The Stampede"

Rainbow
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Rainbow » Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:11 pm

Actually, in the manga, the weather and snowstorm did cause problems for the space flight.
http://rainbow774.tripod.com/

The Realm of the Dessert Senshi. My fanfic series that is set in Crystal Tokyo and includes foreign Senshi, fat Senshi, a Senshi in a wheelchair and a magical hyrax.

nap*
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by nap* » Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:22 pm

That Every character that found about the senshi's true identity was killed within 3 episodes of when it was revealed

Season 1
Jedite
Neflyite

Season 2
The darkmoon sisters (okay they weren't killed but they lost their powers)

Season 3
Eudiyl (2 episodes after, so sad)
Peteril (can't spell)

Season 4
Haven't watched it

Season 5
Sailor Iron Mouse
Sailor Aluminimum Siren
Sailor Lead Crow
Sailor Tin Nyanko (3 episodes later)

Rainbow
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Rainbow » Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:29 pm

That also applies to FishEye in season 4.

But it only applies to bad guys. Saori and Asai both find out Senshi identities (Moon and Venus, respectively), and they aren't killed. Nor is Katarina, now that I remember it.

The Realm of the Dessert Senshi. My fanfic series that is set in Crystal Tokyo and includes foreign Senshi, fat Senshi, a Senshi in a wheelchair and a magical hyrax.

nap*
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by nap* » Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:25 pm

Rainbow wrote:That also applies to FishEye in season 4.

But it only applies to bad guys. Saori and Asai both find out Senshi identities (Moon and Venus, respectively), and they aren't killed. Nor is Katarina, now that I remember it.
Well I meant evil guys okay:P

Also Usagi's parent's weren't that worried about her in Usagi's match against beryl.

Also one dubbed episode, a transformed yorma mistook raye for sailor moon... Chad was still unfrozen and Usagi in the open said Hey wait I'm sailor moon.
Unless i missed it did chad find out...

usachan
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by usachan » Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:25 pm

Unfunny fillers.

I can't believe I didn't think of this before.

I love filler episodes, afterall, Sailor Moon as at least 60 percent filler.

I also love unfunny episodes. Some of my favorite episodes of Sailor Moon are more serious ones.

However, put the two together?

*snores*

The only one I can think of right off the bat is episdoe 185, the one the sick girl that Taiki goes to visit.

It just seems to pointless to me. The good thing about fillers is how funny they are. It's just lame when fillers are not funny.

Lightweight
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by Lightweight » Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:43 pm

nap* wrote:That Every (evil) character that found about the senshi's true identity was killed within 3 episodes of when it was revealed
I call that the "Jadeite Seal of Doom" (in honor of the first victim).

On topic:

I guess the one thing that annoyed me the most is the Inners' overly boy-crazy attitudes. It was the only real time I had to pause the episodes, breathe deep and calm my thoughts. How in the red hell can they have the energy to be so wild and crazy about men? Have they never seen one before? Have they just discovere...

eh... moving on...

Whenever they see a man, they flip. Whenever they even suggest one of themselves is seeing a guy, they go nuts! And this goes double with Usagi. Doesn't she have Mamoru already?
Now listening to: Gorillaz: El Mañana

"You can teach an old dog new tricks... but you cannot teach Madonna to act."
-Yakko Warner

Officially finished watching all Sailor Moon episodes as of April 19, 2008!!!

sailor_dream1414
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by sailor_dream1414 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:11 pm

the thign at annoy me is the sailor mono dubbed version.
i dont like how the live on action dotn act serious(i love the live ona ction but i feel like they can do more then that.)sailro luna dosnt bother me at all i love sailor luna(i love the pic of her in manga form)

Parallax
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Parallax » Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:41 am

What really bugs me is the Sailor Senshi not getting some much needed help from other heroes when they need heavier muscle and bigger guns. They could ask either The Justice League or The Green Lantern Corps for help with the MotD and/or the main villain and his/her/its army of evil. :?
"Oh yeah. Someone is definitely tired of breathing." ("The Main Man", Part 1)

I'm writing this Sailor Moon/Green Lantern crossover AU fic called "Emerald Sunrise". It's a hybrid of Action/Adventure, Sci-Fi, Romance, and Comedy. It's about Ami (Sailor Mercury) getting a new boyfriend who just happens to be a member of The Green Lantern Corps. I'm also throwing in some other characters from other animes and some old Hanna-Barbera cartoons from the late '60's early '70's. I'm also illustrating it as well. :oops: Wish me luck. I'm gonna need it.

"Dead Man Walking!!!!!!!"

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:33 am

Parallax wrote:What really bugs me is the Sailor Senshi not getting some much needed help from other heroes when they need heavier muscle and bigger guns. They could ask either The Justice League or The Green Lantern Corps for help with the MotD and/or the main villain and his/her/its army of evil. :?
...Those other heroes didn't exist in this world/story. How on earth could they have "asked them"?

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

SailorStarfire07
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by SailorStarfire07 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:37 am

^ LOL Parallax!! The Sailor Senshi should have totally teamed up with the Teen Titans. Because that never results in cheesy fanfiction.

What annoyed me the most was in Sailor Stars: Sailor Iron Mouse got way too many episodes. Sailor Tin Nyanko only got about 5 and she was a much more complex character (at least from the manga) than Sailor Iron Mouse. I was waiting and waiting and waiting for Sailor Iron Mouse to finally die and then I waited a bit more and more for Sailor Tin Nyanko's story but... it never came. I was disappointed.

I know this discussion happened over a year ago, but I wanted to comment on Chibiusa's age thing. Yes, she stops growing, but I can't remember if this was actually mentioned or if it was a theory that a friend and I developed, but in manga #7 when she transforms into Chibimoon, she was able to grow again, so by Stars you see that her growth is becoming a bit rapid so that her body can catch up a little bit better. I think it's a curse because in manga #6 Endymion says, "One day, she just stopped growing. She has no power, and she can't change." But she gains power in manga #7 so that probably means that she can start growing again.

That was how I read it. It's been a long time since I've actually read all the manga all the way through, but I guess I interpretted more details than I thought. ^^;;
*~SailorStarfire07~*

"Robin, who is this girl? And why does she call you, ''''poo?''''"
~Starfire, Teen Titans

bioengineer
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by bioengineer » Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:00 am

Another thing that annoyed me in general was why does it have to be Usagi the one to land the fatal blow to the monster? Are the Senshi not powerful enough to destroy monsters?

Rainbow
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Rainbow » Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:53 am

No, they are powerful enough, especially the Starlights and the Outers. However, some of Usagi's attacks are healing moves, like the ones she uses in Stars and in the second half of the first series. So in that case, she's needed because otherwise, the other Senshi would just have to kill an innocent person.

And there are some times where Usagi isn't the one who defeats the monster; Jupiter, Mars, Uranus, Neptune, and Mercury (in her SuperS special) have all defeated monsters in the anime. So did Venus, probably, when she was fighting alone as Sailor V.

Maybe Usagi's attacks are the ones they count on to destroy the monsters most of the time, though, since she's one of the most powerful Senshi. But they save her for last just in case it doesn't work (probably because it takes a lot of energy, especially in the case of her Rainbow Moon Heart Ache).

Mimete
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Mimete » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:23 am

What really annoys me is in SM:S when they killed off most of the Witches 5 without giving them any character development. Some of them seemed like they could have been really cool like Cyprine and Pitilol.

Also I hate how Sailor Moon ALWAYS destroys the monsters by herself, in the manga the other senshi were powerful enough to destroy enemies, but in the anime they all seemed so useless.

Also I hate how all the villains end up in Tokyo, why don't they ever go to other countries to hunt for life energy, pure hearts, star seeds, etc?

Senshi_of_Vision
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Senshi_of_Vision » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:15 pm

Mimete wrote:What really annoys me is in SM:S when they killed off most of the Witches 5 without giving them any character development. Some of them seemed like they could have been really cool like Cyprine and Pitilol.

Also I hate how Sailor Moon ALWAYS destroys the monsters by herself, in the manga the other senshi were powerful enough to destroy enemies, but in the anime they all seemed so useless.

Also I hate how all the villains end up in Tokyo, why don't they ever go to other countries to hunt for life energy, pure hearts, star seeds, etc?

Actually in the first arc Sailor V is in London taking on Youma lol so I guess Japan and England are the only ones that get them wacky monster adventures ^_^

Ive said it before but the thing that annoys me is so many changes from the original characters. And then the misinterpertations of said characters.

Ami- taking away her offensive style leaves her the weaken senshi who everyone just thinks of as the smart one. Whereas she had kick ass reflexes and could probably kick a persons ass in a fight even though shed probably apologize afterwards.

Rei- Went from mysterious and quiet girl who kept to herself and wanted responsibilities that including shrine care and not falling for someone who would repeat her parents tragic lives. To a bossy she wench from hell who most though didnt trust her own princess.

Makoto- went from a simple misunderstood tall girl who dreamed of having a family and good life, to a boy chasing love sick overhormoned bully in some episodes. And im sorry though I loved the "Play" episode I just dont see Makoto as the kind of girl who would stick her boobies out and say they are her best asset.

Minako- there wasnt anything wrong with the original, she was just as bubbly only she took her duties as the Leader of the Inners way more seriously. It was sad to see her made so campy at times and I hated the whole plot of her not wanting to be a senshi because it interfered with her having a boyfriend, sports etc because it made her seem selfish and a bubblehead.

Mamoru- ugh turned into a mean spirited jerk who insulted Usagi even after realizing shes the woman hes destined to marry and who he knew he loved. His powers were reduced to gliding in throwing roses and making speeches when he had more power then that. I mean I just dont even get why his character is around sometimes in the anime because of the change.

Usagi- and many say she matured too fast in the original manga story but I dont think so I think just like the others as her Senshi Alt, she grew more stronger and confident, but her Usagi alt stayed the same, doubting childish at times, greedy and fun loving free spirited.

Thats what I missed the fact that yeah these were teen girls, they had their dramas, but once that transformation began they became women/warriors who intended on taking on anyone who threatened their world, galaxy and anyone they loved. The anime is great dont get me wrong but they really hit and missed with alot of character conversions.
"Have you been half asleep? And have youve heard voices?
I hear them calling my name."
Is this the sweet sound, that calls the young sailors?
The voice maybe one in the same.
Ive heard it too many times to ignore it,
its something that I sposed to be..
Someday we''''ll find it, the rainbow connection
The lover, the dreamer, and me..."

*Being a bad girl is such hard work....

SailorStarfire07
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by SailorStarfire07 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:40 pm

Mimete wrote:What really annoys me is in SM:S when they killed off most of the Witches 5 without giving them any character development. Some of them seemed like they could have been really cool like Cyprine and Pitilol.
I know what you mean. Too much time spent on Kaorinite, Eudial, and Mimet, and not enough of Telu, Viluy, and Cyprine. The writers should have planned ahead. ;__;
Mimete wrote: Also I hate how all the villains end up in Tokyo, why don't they ever go to other countries to hunt for life energy, pure hearts, star seeds, etc?
LOL I've wondered that ever since I was little. Still never found an answer. I mean, in Rthere was definitely a reason to stay in Tokyo (capturing Chibiusa) and in S, SuperS, and Stars they could have gone to other countries but they wouldn't be successful in their mission, and in Classic Sailor Moon for the Rainbow Crystals they needed to stay in Japan. But during the Jadeite/Nephrite energy-stealing part of it? They would have been so much more successful if they had gone to America and stolen energy.
*~SailorStarfire07~*

"Robin, who is this girl? And why does she call you, ''''poo?''''"
~Starfire, Teen Titans