Things that annoyed you in general

The amazing anime that this site is dedicated to.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Annie
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Annie » Sun Sep 17, 2006 3:52 pm

I'm generally pretty lenient when it comes to stupid things in Sailor Moon, but the one thing that irritates the hell out of me is Usagi's inability to do anything. It's so annoying how she always manages to save the world with her "dreams" and "hope" and "romance"...I mean, the last few episodes of Stars where she keeps begging Galaxia to stop fighting so they can understand each other and become friends were excruciating to watch.

nap*
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by nap* » Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:09 pm

The DUB made me laugh then angry

I was watching Silbling Rivalry earlier Rubeus said that the black hole that appeared was a time warp...

Next scene Mercury says, that hole must be some kind of time warp

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:17 pm

They did the time warp again.
Peachvampiress has an account on DeviantArt. Insanity Within.
And a Myspace account for her clothing designs.

"A number of times, the only thing that kept me out of a satin box was that I could size up the other guy maybe half a second quicker than he could me."

"What the fuck are you talking about? You're taped to a chair."
~Suicide Kings

nap*
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by nap* » Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:31 pm

peachvampiress wrote:They did the time warp again.
I'm confused :?

But DiC made sailor Mercury state the obvious

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:39 pm

It's a song from the Rocky Horror Picture Show.

"A number of times, the only thing that kept me out of a satin box was that I could size up the other guy maybe half a second quicker than he could me."

~Suicide Kings

Sailor V
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailor V » Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:13 pm

Tiff wrote:It's meant to distract/confuse the enemy, and it always illustrates that fact. Mercury's attacks are NOT meant to be offensive.
But she does have some offensive attacks. Shine Aqua Illusion, Aqua Rhapsody, Ice Bubbles Freeze and Aqua Mirage. All of her attacks except her original seem to be offensive. Which brings me to what annoys me, the names. Mercury Shine Aqua Illusion is nothing like an illusion. She throws Ice cold water that freezes her opponent by making a vortex of water. If anything, it was better off being Icestorm Blast. Uranus World Shaking. Completely wrong. The whole world doesn't shake, she lobs pure energy at the opponent. And don't get me started on Neptune Submarine Reflection. It has nothing to do with a Submarine. She lobs a waterball at the opponent.
Bob: People! Tiff had to put the crying Usagi banner up! Enter the contest!!! D8
Tiff: They must love making Usagi cry. ;_; poor Usagi.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bumper Sticker: A villiage in Texas is missing its idiot. Send Bush home.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The idiot of 2010: Arnold Schwarzenegger sucks ass! He killed Tookie!
Sailor V: Do not worry! We will all be good little kids and when you come back, everything will be the same. *The place burns up as soon as Tiffu leaves*
Tiff: DAMN YOU ALL.
Sailor V: I DID NOT START IT! *Hides a liter and has Dan tied up in the backroom*
Dan: Gah! Off of me and back to Bob! *replaces self with Bob and runs*
Sailor V: Wait! Come back! I cannot have you interfering with my plans to bring down the forum!

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:33 pm

One thing that annoys me is that at the end of the manga we aren't told if Luna, Artemis, and Diana are brought back to life. We know that the Starlights and Kakyuu are brought back to life because Cosmos says the Crystals taken by Galaxia would return to their original form, but the cats didn't have crystals. I wish Naoko had cleared this up. She could have just drawn them at the end during Usagi and Mamoru's marriage.

It's just kind of sad to think about ;_;

~Suicide Kings

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:38 pm

Sailor V wrote:
Tiff wrote:It's meant to distract/confuse the enemy, and it always illustrates that fact. Mercury's attacks are NOT meant to be offensive.
But she does have some offensive attacks. Shine Aqua Illusion, Aqua Rhapsody, Ice Bubbles Freeze and Aqua Mirage. All of her attacks except her original seem to be offensive. Which brings me to what annoys me, the names. Mercury Shine Aqua Illusion is nothing like an illusion. She throws Ice cold water that freezes her opponent by making a vortex of water. If anything, it was better off being Icestorm Blast. Uranus World Shaking. Completely wrong. The whole world doesn't shake, she lobs pure energy at the opponent. And don't get me started on Neptune Submarine Reflection. It has nothing to do with a Submarine. She lobs a waterball at the opponent.
Shine Aqua Illusion is more often used to defend. Stopping someone isn't offensive. It's defensive. Shine Aqua doesn't actually HURT, it just stops the enemy. I've also seen her use it to create an ice barrier, which is also defensive.

And meh *shrugs* Mercury isn't truly meant to be "OMFG UBER POWERFUL." she's used more for brains.

And World Shaking..o.O what do you expect, the planet to shake?! She slams the energy into the ground, and it courses through the earth to the enemy while gaining strength. And then when it HITS the enemy, we see that person shake wildly, and the earth split behind them. That's why it's called World Shaking.

There are other definitions for "submarine".

4. situated, occurring, operating, or living under the surface of the sea:

It isn't referring to an actual vessel that the military uses. It's referring to the magic of the sea.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

Dinozore
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Dinozore » Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:18 pm

peachvampiress wrote:One thing that annoys me is that at the end of the manga we aren't told if Luna, Artemis, and Diana are brought back to life. We know that the Starlights and Kakyuu are brought back to life because Cosmos says the Crystals taken by Galaxia would return to their original form, but the cats didn't have crystals. I wish Naoko had cleared this up. She could have just drawn them at the end during Usagi and Mamoru's marriage.

iirc, we saw the cats when the Senshi went to the future in the manga version of R...
"Tell my tale to those who ask... tell it truthfully, the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence..." last words of Dinobot, "Code of Hero"
"Is that a poisonous elephant in your pocket or are you happy to see me?" ~another forum
"Monster! I''''m going to collide with you indefinitely as my limbs flail wildly about!" ~NPC, Dragon Warrior VII
"I bet you were thinking how hot it would be to see Tsunade with her gates wide open, inviting you..." ~DuneMan
"To use gaming terms, Tyrannosaurus Rex was a camper--- and he pwned his prey!" ~BaronVonAwesome
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!" ~Dinobot

Jeff
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jeff » Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:04 am

Dinozore wrote:
peachvampiress wrote:One thing that annoys me is that at the end of the manga we aren't told if Luna, Artemis, and Diana are brought back to life. We know that the Starlights and Kakyuu are brought back to life because Cosmos says the Crystals taken by Galaxia would return to their original form, but the cats didn't have crystals. I wish Naoko had cleared this up. She could have just drawn them at the end during Usagi and Mamoru's marriage.

iirc, we saw the cats when the Senshi went to the future in the manga version of R...
They're DEAD. T_T I also wonder what happened to Ikuko and the rest of the Tsukino household. Takeuchi kind of has a dark streak. >.>

sailorceres
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by sailorceres » Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:41 am

NameGoesHere wrote:Tuxedo Kamen's top hat. Normally, I love top hats. Really, I do. But his just looks awkward with the rest of the ensemble, especially on the already long and lanky Mamoru.

Now, it would have been great if the hat had given him some sort of awesome Abe Lincoln crime-fighting powers... but did that happen? Nooo...

quote]
yesh i totally agree that tuxedo kamen's hat is annoying.
also....anyone notice it just stays on his head...even e when hes figting and such a bit annoying

sailorceres
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by sailorceres » Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:00 am

one thing that annoyed me was neptune's submarine refelction... i mean it just seemed like such a ..bad...attack compared to her deep submerge. It just didnd flow with the whole idea that the talismans made uranus and neptune stronger. but you see in uranus' case it did, which herd space sword blaster....
Aitto Seigi, Sailor no Bishojo Senshi, Seera Mun! Tsukini Kawatte, Oshioki Yo!

Tempest
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Tempest » Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:56 am

::Mod Mode::
sailorceres, if you wish to add to a comment or you rememberd something that you wanted to add to your original post, please edit your entry rather than posting back to back in a short time frame. Making double post in a single thread and in such a short time frame is something that's frowned on here.
http://www.smuncensored.com/forums/rules.php#8

Please take the time to read the forums rules carefully.

Thanks. :D
::/mod::
And really, why shouldn't we be afraid? In case you haven't heard, life is terminal. Cigarettes will kill you. So will your cellphone. Your car is a deadly weapon and alcohol is a quiet killer. Don't lick the lead-based paint on the walls. Don't lick the back of a postage stamp and certainly don't lick any strangers! That will bring you down quickly indeed. Don't drink the water but don't drink less than eight glasses a day. Your enviroment is toxic, your natural resources are dwindling, your days are numbered, but what ever you do, don't panic! The stress, don't you know, will kill you.
-- Jonathon Crane/The Scarecrow Rise of Sin Tzu novel

sailorceres
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by sailorceres » Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:37 am

NameGoesHere wrote:Tuxedo Kamen's top hat. Normally, I love top hats. Really, I do. But his just looks awkward with the rest of the ensemble, especially on the already long and lanky Mamoru.

Now, it would have been great if the hat had given him some sort of awesome Abe Lincoln crime-fighting powers... but did that happen? Nooo...

I also find it annoying that so few Victims of the Day really stood up for themselves. Particularly the females. How's about showing some normal women kicking ass and taking names? I mean, honestly, it wouldn't take a superhero to outsmart a lot of those monsters.
lol i know what you mean about tuxedo kamens hat...it makes him look like amagician who is about to take it off and try ot pull a rabbit out of it or something wow i just realized i already posted on this o well
Aitto Seigi, Sailor no Bishojo Senshi, Seera Mun! Tsukini Kawatte, Oshioki Yo!

bioengineer
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by bioengineer » Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:47 pm

One thing that annoyed me was this pattern:

Sailor Moon - Moon - female

Sailor Venus - Venus - female

Sailor Mars - Mars - female

and etc, etc.

but the pattern breaks when we get to Earth:

Chiba Mamoru.

I understood Chiba Mamoru was this ad hoc senshi of Earth but with the considerable symmerty of what this show is derived from they could have continued with the pattern by inserting a Sailor Earth going to some girl while having Mamoru as a regular old joe.

Cardcaptor Takato
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Cardcaptor Takato » Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:14 pm

But the Earth already has Sailor Moon protecting it and there's like 14 (or more depending on whether you're talking anime or manga) Sailor Soldiers protecting the same planet already....do we really need another?
"If we can''t comprehend the plan at hand, how could a higher plan make any more sense? I'd say you can only be a martyr if you know what you are dying for, and choose it"-Elphaba

"Those who made mistakes blame themselves and close their hearts. It's impossible to fix a mistake. Man can't return to the past. That's why we drink. Drunks, lushes, sliding alcohol down their throats to dilute the memories that can't be denied.-Vash The Stampede"

nap*
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by nap* » Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:32 pm

Sailor moon got so many transformations
Okay crisis make up and moon eternal make up i'll let off
but does one person need so 3 transformation just to do different things.

When sailor moon tried to attack hawk eye with her moon septre, did she really think that he'll get destroyed if it didn't work on the 2/3 previous enemies and on eudiyl [the best enemy imo]

Silvie
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Silvie » Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:32 pm

I guess this one doesn't really annoy me... but I notice it every time and it makes me laugh. Each time in SMS that we see Tomoe make a new daimon egg, the beaker it's in explodes and makes a mess. What, couldn't Tomoe afford a larger sized beaker? Or is he so badassed that he doesn't care about making a mess in his laboratory every episode? :lol:

Crecent beam
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by Crecent beam » Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:52 am

nap* wrote:Sailor moon got so many transformations
Okay crisis make up and moon eternal make up i'll let off
but does one person need so 3 transformation just to do different things.

When sailor moon tried to attack hawk eye with her moon septre, did she really think that he'll get destroyed if it didn't work on the 2/3 previous enemies and on eudiyl [the best enemy imo]
The thing is that in the last episode of SMS (127) she managed to destroy the last and probably most powerful daimon with moon spiralu hearto attack and she came to the conclusion that if she believed in the power of friendship, the attack would have worked. But since they could not keep the same attack for antoher whole season, they just had to not make it work against hawk eye.
We all go a little mad sometimes.

Authorized
Service
Shop

Nihongo ya furansugo ya supeingo ya eigo o benkyou shimasu.

Cresento beam showah ! Mars flame snipah ! Silbah mun crystalu pavah kiss !

The Card created by Sakura, abandon your old form and reincarnate under the name of your new master, Minako !

Rin
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Rin » Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:55 am

I was annoyed that the villians became too silly in the later seasons. The Classic villians were awesome.
Currently watching: Sailor Moon S movie

Red String Web comic: http://redstring.strawberrycomics.com/