Things that annoyed you in general

The amazing anime that this site is dedicated to.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:31 pm

Neon Heart wrote:
Excuse me, but....
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!! Oh God, that was great. xD

One thing about Sailor Moon that annoyed me in general was the voices. They aren't valley girls, Zirconia isn't Yoda, Pegasus isn't 55 years old, and Luna isn't an English cleaning maid. >_<;; Not to mention the ooldes of script inconsistencies that occured.
XD glad you enjoyed it.

But you might wanna specify that you're talking about the dub. When I read your first line, I was like "...o.O what's wrong with the original voices?" and then i realized what you meant.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

the*blue*girl
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by the*blue*girl » Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:46 pm

something that always annoyed me is that someone is always telling sailor moon when to attack. like, everyone will be fighting, and luna or tuxedo mask or someone will say "now, sailor moon!" its like they're saying she doesn't know when to attack without being told to! i don't think that happened that much in stars, but all the other seasons it was like every episode.

something else i thought was weird was how in super s, usagi and chibiusa just HAPPENED to be together every time there was a problem. was there this much togetherness before? its just too convinient.

''Frustration is the byproduct of success.''- said by our instructor Jason in an attempt to motivate us

You`ll say, Don`t fear your dreams, it`s easier than it seems
You`ll say you`d never let me fall from hopes so high
But never is a promise and you can`t afford to lie

- Fiona Apple, Never is a Promise

Jason: Stop talking, put your clothes on, and go home.
Us:(in a perfect chorus) .... THAT''S WHAT HE SAID!
Jason: ...-_- I quit.

SailorMoonFan
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by SailorMoonFan » Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:25 pm

the*blue*girl wrote:something that always annoyed me is that someone is always telling sailor moon when to attack. like, everyone will be fighting, and luna or tuxedo mask or someone will say "now, sailor moon!" its like they're saying she doesn't know when to attack without being told to! i don't think that happened that much in stars, but all the other seasons it was like every episode.

something else i thought was weird was how in super s, usagi and chibiusa just HAPPENED to be together every time there was a problem. was there this much togetherness before? its just too convinient.
I was thinking the EXACT same thing! It is kind of weird how Usagi and Chibiusa are ALWAYS together when the enemy comes and they transform. I mean what would happen if Usagi was around and Chibiusa wasn't?

Kameko
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Kameko » Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:32 pm

How, despite showing themsleves completely capable time and again in the first two seasons, the inner senshi become incompetant once the outer senshi arrive.

How Yuuchirou, Naru and Umino just dropped off the face of the planet.

How boy crazy the senshi are. Makoto got it the worse compared to the others.
Everybody was a baby once, Arthur. Oh, sure, maybe not today, or even yesterday. But once. Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you''ve got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception.

usachan
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by usachan » Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:21 pm

Kameko wrote:How, despite showing themsleves completely capable time and again in the first two seasons, the inner senshi become incompetant once the outer senshi arrive.
I hate that too!! It's like, the outer senshi totally harp on the inner senshi throughout S, and I keep thinking to myself, they did so much to save the world before they came into the scene. Why are they like this now? Furthermore why did they let Uranus and Neptune bag on them so much, without bringing up the villians they defeated in the past without their help!

Another things that annoyed me, in SuperS, why was it so hard for people to realize Pegasus was hiding in Chibiusa's dream? He came whenever she called, why was Nehelania the only one with enough brains to see that and go "hmm, she must be the one with golden mirror".

Panda
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Panda » Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:49 pm

Oh lord... this thread... I love it.

*Panda give this thread her Stamp of Approval*

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h238/ ... proval.jpg

Dr. Casey
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Dr. Casey » Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:38 am

I get annoyed by Ami's "We'll be 9th Graders next year. 9th grade. Serious business." attitude.

naughd07
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by naughd07 » Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:52 am

I got annoyed by the villains in seasons 3-5, especially the Sailor Animamates. If they were really worried about failing their boss (Tomoe, Zirconia/Nehelenia, Galaxia), you would think they'd get to the point where they'd attack EVERYONE they see. You're not going to find talismans/Golden Mirror/true Star Seeds at the rate you're going! The Animamtes might have been more successful b/c with the more targets, the more Phages for the Senshi to deal with, which would keep them out of their way!

I'm sure there are more things that annoy me, but my mind's not functioning now!

bioengineer
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by bioengineer » Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:40 am

1. The transformation sequences every few minutes per episode. It was nice to see them for the first few times but got unbearable after that. The fast forward feature does alleviate the burden somewhat.
2. The total lack of enemy intelligence. It’s not hard to distinguish Usagi from Sailor Moon after a few battles. Not to mention the villains stating their intentions to the heroes. I mean why reveal your entire plans for world domination?
3. The fact that aliens from another galaxy look so much and act like humans (i.e. Seiya, Yaten, Taiki) and thriving in a foreign planet’s ecosystem full of bacteria, viruses, and man-made chemicals not native to their immune system (if they have one).
4. The choice of garments in battles. Have you ever fought in a cape? I have and it’s highly inconvenient.

Starscream
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by Starscream » Fri Aug 04, 2006 6:16 am

Personally, I found the shift in attitude of the monsters-of-the-day - from scary looking and overly violent to goofy looking and acting silly - to be a major annoyance. It was hard enough to take the show seriously at times, but when the enemy is a giant shoe, I just can't help but sigh and shake my head.
- David Graña

<3 Happily Married to Jennifer since July 16, 2005 <3

"Conquest is made from the ashes of one’s enemies" - Starscream
My Livejournal.

Judge: "Yes. What? You say if I testify I’ll be killed? Oh. It’s for you." (hands the phone to Fry)
Roberto: (On the phone) "And the other hamburger will also be made of your lungs. So long, pal."
Fry: "I refuse to testify on the grounds that my organs will be chopped up into a patty."
Judge: "Ah, the 67th Amendment."
Futurama, Insane in the Mainframe

Leela’s (former) boss: "Oh my various gods!"
Futurama, How Hermes Requisitioned his Groove Back

Crecent beam
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by Crecent beam » Fri Aug 04, 2006 6:43 am

the*blue*girl wrote:something that always annoyed me is that someone is always telling sailor moon when to attack. like, everyone will be fighting, and luna or tuxedo mask or someone will say "now, sailor moon!" its like they're saying she doesn't know when to attack without being told to! i don't think that happened that much in stars, but all the other seasons it was like every episode.
It happens in every episode of Stars, too !

"something else i thought was weird was how in super s, usagi and chibiusa just HAPPENED to be together every time there was a problem. was there this much togetherness before? its just too convinient. "

They were together so that they could show the transformation sequence, in order to continue the tradition.
However, they CAN transform on their own (ep. 157), it's just that they hadn't drawn a sequence for that .

Cardcaptor Takato
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Cardcaptor Takato » Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:03 am

One thing that annoyed me was how Ami was suddenly an expert at everything she did. She was suddenly a pro at swimming, then an expert pianist, and even a natural at car mechanics, but she would still angst about how she could never do anything but study even though it was clear that she was perfect at everything she did. I wouldn't have minded this so much if they were simply trying to expand Ami's interests, but they had to make her perfect at everything. Even if she's supposed to be a genius, there has to be some limits to her perfectedness. And wasn't one of Ami's major personality traits supposed to be that Ami's only talent was studying? The Sailor Soldiers' reaction to Makoto supposedly "dating" in episode 96 was another thing that annoyed me. Even if they are a group of giggling boy-crazy teenage girls, their reaction still strikes me as being very homophobic, as if they couldn't interact with Makoto the same anymore even if she did turn bisexual. And Usagi commented that it was Haruka of all people Makoto was "dating" and Minako couldn't help but laugh that one off as if there was something wrong with Haruka. I just thought Usagi and the girls acted exteremly immature in that episode, especially since they're always preaching about being accepting to everyone, even their enemies. It comes across as being very hypocritical to me.
"If we can''t comprehend the plan at hand, how could a higher plan make any more sense? I'd say you can only be a martyr if you know what you are dying for, and choose it"-Elphaba

"Those who made mistakes blame themselves and close their hearts. It's impossible to fix a mistake. Man can't return to the past. That's why we drink. Drunks, lushes, sliding alcohol down their throats to dilute the memories that can't be denied.-Vash The Stampede"

NameGoesHere
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by NameGoesHere » Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:44 am

Starscream wrote:Personally, I found the shift in attitude of the monsters-of-the-day - from scary looking and overly violent to goofy looking and acting silly - to be a major annoyance. It was hard enough to take the show seriously at times, but when the enemy is a giant shoe, I just can't help but sigh and shake my head.
I agree. That whole scene in SuperS where Sailor Moon is protecting Mamoru from the giant balloon lemure is a good example of when the silliness of the monster completely ruined it for me. It is supposed to be a very emotional scene of Sailor Moon showing her undying love, but it's impossible for me to take things seriously when the bad-guy is a goofy balloon woman.

If that scene had been done with a monster more like, say, Morga from episode one, it would have been so much more effective.

Several of the sillier monsters actually worked for some episodes, but as the show progressed, it became too common in my opinion.
NameGoesHere - Now made with 100% more ingredients.

Crecent beam
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by Crecent beam » Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:17 am

Actually, I think the scene where Usagi protects Mamoru from the balloon was supposed to be moving and "funny" at the same time, (in SuperS even the most serious moments have comical elements) so it's okay for me.

BTW, I'm annoyed by the fact that in the end it's always Sailor Moon who defeats the main enemy and that the others don't play a bigger role.

As for Ami, yes, she really does get depressed a lot for someone who's so talented. The thing is that she has very low self-respect, so she often feels inferior to other people.
In my opinion, she should be happy; she was chosen by Destiny to be a sailor soldier, so it means that she's really special. She's even saved the world more than once.

Rainbow
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Rainbow » Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:20 am

One thing that always makes me go "GRRR!" at the screen is when Haruka and Michiru are shown with that "wooo....wooo" music. That's because the music makes me feel like it's saying "These characters are perfect and graceful and so wonderful!"

I think that it really is meant to be an effect that shows how much the "inner" Senshi admire them, because it doesn't do that anymore for H & M after everyone finds out each other's Senshi identities.

But that music reminds me of the time when I was a dubbie and read the Neptune websites and thought that she was an annoyingly perfect character.

So it's not really something annoying about Haruka and Michiru, per se, it's more the music that accompanies them. And it only annoys me when it comes with them, because later when that same music is played with Kaolinite and Tomoe it doesn't bother me.
http://rainbow774.tripod.com/

The Realm of the Dessert Senshi. My fanfic series that is set in Crystal Tokyo and includes foreign Senshi, fat Senshi, a Senshi in a wheelchair and a magical hyrax.

Starscream
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by Starscream » Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:32 am

NameGoesHere wrote:If that scene had been done with a monster more like, say, Morga from episode one, it would have been so much more effective.

Several of the sillier monsters actually worked for some episodes, but as the show progressed, it became too common in my opinion.
Looking back, I think I agree more with how you word the situation in this last sentence; I suppose having too many dark and freaky monsters like Morga would have given the show a needlessly dark tone, but I do believe we needed more like her. S REALLY suffered because of it, in my opinion, and thus I much prefered the damions that looked like they did in the Haruka/Michiru flashback, [spoiler]especially when, in the manga, it was shown that the Witches 5 actually looked like that beneath their human-like exterior.[/spoiler]
- David Graña

<3 Happily Married to Jennifer since July 16, 2005 <3

"Conquest is made from the ashes of one’s enemies" - Starscream
My Livejournal.

Judge: "Yes. What? You say if I testify I’ll be killed? Oh. It’s for you." (hands the phone to Fry)
Roberto: (On the phone) "And the other hamburger will also be made of your lungs. So long, pal."
Fry: "I refuse to testify on the grounds that my organs will be chopped up into a patty."
Judge: "Ah, the 67th Amendment."
Futurama, Insane in the Mainframe

Leela’s (former) boss: "Oh my various gods!"
Futurama, How Hermes Requisitioned his Groove Back

Umino
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Umino » Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:52 pm

Starscream wrote:Looking back, I think I agree more with how you word the situation in this last sentence; I suppose having too many dark and freaky monsters like Morga would have given the show a needlessly dark tone, but I do believe we needed more like her
I agree, I mean just look at Germatoid's anime design! In the manga he was a hideous melting creature, and in the anime he's like a Circus reject. (I'm really not surprised CWI gave him a clown voice in the dub)

The worst offenders of the "silly monsters of the day" would be the Phage. MY GOD. If random people are gonna turn into evil Sailor Senshi creatures.. do they have to look and ACT so stupid??

The later seasons would've been alot cooler if we had more Morga, Balm, and Tetis like monsters...

usachan
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by usachan » Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:40 pm

Starscream wrote:Personally, I found the shift in attitude of the monsters-of-the-day - from scary looking and overly violent to goofy looking and acting silly - to be a major annoyance. It was hard enough to take the show seriously at times, but when the enemy is a giant shoe, I just can't help but sigh and shake my head.
I actually said this a little while ago, but I didn't word it so well. The part about the giant shoe cracked me up! :D

Anyways, elaborating on what someone else said about someone always having to say "Now Sailor Moon!" to get her to attack. It always annoyed me that she NEVER just killed off the weirdo monster the second it came out! She totally could have! It's not like the monsters need to be weakened before she can do anything about it!

Rainbow
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Rainbow » Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:44 pm

[spoiler]This is actually true in the episode about Urawa and the other Rainbow Crystal stories. Sailor Moon tries to use Moon Healing Escalation on Bunbo at first, but it doesn't work. Luna then tells the Senshi they have to weaken it first.[/spoiler]
http://rainbow774.tripod.com/

The Realm of the Dessert Senshi. My fanfic series that is set in Crystal Tokyo and includes foreign Senshi, fat Senshi, a Senshi in a wheelchair and a magical hyrax.

usachan
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by usachan » Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:45 pm

Rainbow wrote:[spoiler]This is actually true in the episode about Urawa and the other Rainbow Crystal stories. Sailor Moon tries to use Moon Healing Escalation on Bunbo at first, but it doesn't work. Luna then tells the Senshi they have to weaken it first.[/spoiler]
Yes, but NORMALLY, this is not that the case.