Things that annoyed you in general

The amazing anime that this site is dedicated to.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

usachan
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Things that annoyed you in general

Post by usachan » Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:11 pm

Since there is a topic about problems with Stars, I decided to start a topic just about little things that annoyed you in different episodes in any series. Basically I just thought it'd be fun to have a topic where we discuss things of little significance to the plot, that were annoying.

For example, I always found episode 133, the one where Diana first shows up to be very annoying. Like I don't understand why Diana didn't just clear up the misunderstanding from the very beginning when Luna showed up, instead of letting Artemis take all the punishment he did. Furthermore, I don't know why it didn't occur to Chibiusa in the first place the talking kitten that appeared out of nowhere just might be Diana.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:37 pm

The fact that nobody is contacting the news about the giant creepy floating circus tent in SuperS.

Yes, I know somenoe pointed out in another thread that they thought there was some sorta magic or closedmindedness that prevented "normal" people from seeing it.

But USAGI saw it in the first episode. Seriously, who looks a giant, floating tent and IGNORES IT?!

x_X It annoys the crap outta me.

Lessee..Mamoru's constant ability to get himself captured/posessed. Deargod. Sailor Moon might as well take his balls off and slap 'em on herself.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

SailorMoonFan
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by SailorMoonFan » Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:40 pm

I read the responses in the other post about Sailor Moon SuperS and the "circus tent" and why no one seems to pay attention to it. I do have to admit that I was having this same thought in my mind as well when I watched SuperS. No one noticing the circus tent doesn't actually bother me because I think there is an answer to it. But there are some things in Sailor Moon that just can't be explainable.

Panda
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Panda » Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:10 pm

I second the Creepy Floating Circus Tent motion...

Other things that irk me...

-Why doesn't anyones hair ever grow? (This can apply to any anime actually but still... for a show like Sailor Moon where they wear different clothes alot... errr...)

-How does Chibi-Usa and Ami have such strange colored hair? I know it's a cartoon but... non of the side characters have funky hair. (Michiru and Setsuna don't count... Michiru can just be black with blue-ish tent and same for Setsuna with green)

-Luna and Artemis only had one kitten... that just always seemed odd to me considering most cats have a litter at a time.

-None of the other senshi have families in the future... I hate this. It just seems unfair to them. (Especially Makoto!)

-Now... it may be because I watch some DBZ now and again but I always get frustrqated because the senshi (mainly moon though...) are pretty much powerless without their henshin and their weapons (Moon and her many magical wands...)

I want them all to be like Rei and just blow them up with their bare hands! :twisted:

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:13 pm

Panda wrote:
-How does Chibi-Usa and Ami have such strange colored hair? I know it's a cartoon but... non of the side characters have funky hair. (Michiru and Setsuna don't count... Michiru can just be black with blue-ish tent and same for Setsuna with green)
Er, michiru's hair is AQUA colored. That's pretty damn far from black. Setsuna's, I could almost see your reasoning with. But Michiru? Her hair isn't dark at all. It's a bright aqua.

And a lot of times, anime characters have a certain colored hair based on their personality. Blue sometimes indicates calmness. Pink, hyperactivity or cuteness. That probably explains the color choices for Ami and Chibiusa.

And it's also common in anime for only a few of the chars to have strange hair. Take Ranma. Most of them have general black hair, but Shampoo has blue/purple hair (depending on the picture).

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:19 pm

Tiff
Lessee..Mamoru's constant ability to get himself captured/posessed. Deargod. Sailor Moon might as well take his balls off and slap 'em on herself.
LMFAO XD I so have to sig that.

As for things that annoy me:

(From the R movie at the end) Ami:"What's the point of living if we're the only ones to survive" or something to that effect.

Yes, because Usagi is the only thing in you lives with meaning. If she's gone, that's just a sign to bring out the cyanide smoothies. I know that Usagi's important to them and all, but they could have worded the line better.

(From Stars) Usagi: Poet? What's that? Can you eat it? Is it a popular new snack?

No. Just no. I've met people who were Usagi's age and asked questions like that. "Transparent? What does that mean?" "I don't know what swiftly means." It's not cute, it's not funny, and it really made Usagi seem "specialy needsy".
Peachvampiress has an account on DeviantArt. Insanity Within.
And a Myspace account for her clothing designs.

"A number of times, the only thing that kept me out of a satin box was that I could size up the other guy maybe half a second quicker than he could me."

"What the fuck are you talking about? You're taped to a chair."
~Suicide Kings

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:22 pm

peachvampiress wrote:Tiff
LMFAO XD I so have to sig that.
=D I so hope you do. <3

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

Panda
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Panda » Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:42 pm

I've seen a version of Michiru with darker hair... I do know what you're talking about though.

As for Chibi-usa and Ami... well, red represents fiery attitudes and that purple-ish color represents exoticism. I figure if they're going to make one character one way they may as well even out the thrend

(They kind of do... Rei has purple-ish highlights and Makoto has a redish tent in the manga drawings I've seen...)

But as for Chibi-Usa... I still hate it. I think her pink hair kind of subtracts from anyone ever taking her serious as a person (in the actual show) and as a character (for us in the real world).

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:48 pm

Panda wrote:I've seen a version of Michiru with darker hair... I do know what you're talking about though.

As for Chibi-usa and Ami... well, red represents fiery attitudes and that purple-ish color represents exoticism. I figure if they're going to make one character one way they may as well even out the thrend

(They kind of do... Rei has purple-ish highlights and Makoto has a redish tent in the manga drawings I've seen...)

But as for Chibi-Usa... I still hate it. I think her pink hair kind of subtracts from anyone ever taking her serious as a person (in the actual show) and as a character (for us in the real world).
Well, in the colored manga pictures, Rei is sometimes shown with red hair. Plus, they attempted to make Rei seem more "traditional" Japanese, hence why they gave her the long, traditional black hair.

Don't get me wrong. I hate the pink hair, too.

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

Panda
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Panda » Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:56 pm

Ah, that makes more sense. I always forget that Rei is different in the manga (I haven't read it... so I'm used to cracked-out anime Rei.)

Yes. Pink hair sucks. What REALLY sucks is when I'm compared to characters (in the look categorey) I'm always compared to Chibi-Usa... fucking red hair....

NameGoesHere
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by NameGoesHere » Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:59 am

Tuxedo Kamen's top hat. Normally, I love top hats. Really, I do. But his just looks awkward with the rest of the ensemble, especially on the already long and lanky Mamoru.

Now, it would have been great if the hat had given him some sort of awesome Abe Lincoln crime-fighting powers... but did that happen? Nooo...

I also find it annoying that so few Victims of the Day really stood up for themselves. Particularly the females. How's about showing some normal women kicking ass and taking names? I mean, honestly, it wouldn't take a superhero to outsmart a lot of those monsters.
Last edited by NameGoesHere on Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
NameGoesHere - Now made with 100% more ingredients.

usachan
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by usachan » Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:06 am

Speaking of victims of the day, I find a lot of the monsters of the day to be very annoying! I mean honestly, they were supposed to be funny, but a lot of them just gave me a headache! I think the monsters in the first season two seasons were good, mostly because they didn't try to make them funny. From S and on though, particularly SuperS, they just got ridiculous!

Kasumi
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Kasumi » Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:35 am

There ARE some characters who I've always found a bit annoying such as Chibi-Usa and Seiya, but there's nothing that REALLY annoys me. That's (Bishoujo Senshi) Sailor Moon and I like it the way it is. Yes, EVEN the live action which many Sailor Moon fans don't approve of (which I can't understand exactly)
...Qui sême le vent, récolte la tempête...

SailorMoonFan
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by SailorMoonFan » Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:58 am

I haven't seen the live action Sailor Moon series but I don't really care for seeing it with real actors/actresses. I prefer it as an anime. The live action sort of remind me of Power Rangers almost.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:21 pm

Kasumi wrote:Yes, EVEN the live action which many Sailor Moon fans don't approve of (which I can't understand exactly)
*Shrugs* several reasons. Some people prefer anime and anime only. Not everyone is into live-action stuff. Also, a lot of the changes between anime and live-action. Take Sailor Luna for example. That's part of the reason why I stopped watching it for a while. I cannot stand Sailor Luna.

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

Kasumi
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Kasumi » Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:43 pm

Yes, Sailor Luna was indeed quite ... cutesy ^^°
In some points, I CAN understand. The live action is quite weird. (Remember Motoki?) But if it was just another copy of anime or manga which many people I know would've preferred, then the others would say that it didn't have anything special. ^^°

But that's not the topic xD;;

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:47 pm

Kasumi wrote:Yes, Sailor Luna was indeed quite ... cutesy ^^°
In some points, I CAN understand. The live action is quite weird. (Remember Motoki?) But if it was just another copy of anime or manga which many people I know would've preferred, then the others would say that it didn't have anything special. ^^°

But that's not the topic xD;;
I like cute. Sailor Luna, IMO, wasn't cute. She was weird and annoying and just plain fucked up.

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

Kasumi
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Kasumi » Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:51 pm

LMAO xD In a sort of way, I agree with you. Hm, but still better than Chibi-Usa, but to each his own ^^

What sort of annoyed me, or better, irritated me, was how they handled Plushie Luna. I like plushies, and I like Luna. I also like Plushie Luna's but only if they are computer generated. But why couldn't they just make Luna CG only? The budget for CGs wouldn't have collapsed just because money for CG Luna was needed. Why did they have to move that plushie around? Somehow it looked ridiculous ^^°

Neon Heart
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Neon Heart » Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:22 pm

Tiff wrote:Lessee..Mamoru's constant ability to get himself captured/posessed. Deargod. Sailor Moon might as well take his balls off and slap 'em on herself.
Excuse me, but....
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!! Oh God, that was great. xD

One thing about Sailor Moon that annoyed me in general was the dubbed voices. They aren't valley girls, Zirconia isn't Yoda, Pegasus isn't 55 years old, and Luna isn't an English cleaning maid. >_<;; Not to mention the ooldes of script inconsistencies that occured.
Last edited by Neon Heart on Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Single Funniest Thread Title Ever
Ian Ziering will not pose nude; world`s sigh of relief causes tornado

^ ^ ^ ROFL

Sailorasteroid
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Sailorasteroid » Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:28 pm

The moving storylines of PGSM tended to annoy me. They would do things that covered 3-4 episodes, which isn't long enough to develop it. The Dark Mercury, Rei and her Father, Mamoru and his girlfriend, yes, Sailor Luna too, and all this mixed with the good vs. evil storyline. With the anime, there were only a few storylines, and there was little crossover.

The shame of it is that those storylines were pretty good, and simply as vignettes, without the main storyline, would have been cool.
Things I think Are Funny Early in the Morning: If Batman were a Smurf: "Quick, Robin! We must smurf down to the Batcave and smurf the Batplane! Then we must smurf the batsmurf so we can smurf where the Joker is smurfing!"

The Croonerism Spate (explanations upon request)
Be careful with this one, there is a bit of a pun involved. Dr. Spooner described his visit to a castle: "In the center of the fortress was the Palace Court. The gated entrance to this area was the court palace."

Users whose sigs my quotes have made (now in two columns)
Tempest___________________Peachvampiress (I think)
Sylphiel (twice!)____________Neon Heart
RoastedTwinkies (long ago)___Alexclow345
Seiusa____________________Nehelenia`s Crazy Fangirl

I <3 all you guys!