PGSM Thread 2

The amazing anime that this site is dedicated to.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

sailorperkytoot123
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by sailorperkytoot123 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:32 pm

I simply loved PGSM! Of course, I watched a bootleg version with terrible subtitles (they said Berry instead of Beryl, and Serenade instead of Serenity) and half the time they didn't make sense or had terrible grammar, but I read recaps of each episode online to help understand everything.

I really enjoyed the ending because it wasn't a typical Sailor Moon ending.
[spoiler]I liked the final scene with Beryl and Jadeite. I found it very touching and it felt like it was something you would find in a non-magical genre of movies/TV shows, since the deaths of villains in Sailor Moon usually involve using their magical attacks or some other magical force.[/spoiler]

I found Sawai Miyuu to be really cute and pretty and perfect as Usagi, but sometimes her smile was sort of frightening when it looked like she was squinting really hard and baring her gums. I don't mean any offense to fans of her (hell, I'm a fan of her!). Thinking about her smile, I just remembered an incident that occurred while I watched the Final Act. It involves the scene where the girls are going about their daily lives and suddenly they remember Usagi and her face flashes across the screen and she's smiling. My brother happened to be watching with me, and when that happened he actually jumped a little and gave a small yelp. He explained that it was due to her facial expression while she was smiling. You had to be there to experience the lulz.

Overall, I really loved the storyline and character development of PGSM. I actually didn't really mind Sailor Luna too much. However, I would have liked to see more computer animated villains. Oh yeah! That reminds me of Mio Kuroki! God, I hated her personality and her treatment of Usagi. Which actually makes me think she was a good addition to the story. When she died the first time I was so happy, I laughed evily and started bouncing up and down while clapping. And then I told her she was dead (yes, I was talking to the TV) and then I called her a "ransid crotch pheasant" or something equally immature and random.

rockable
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by rockable » Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:03 am

I hated Mio so much too (of course, we're meant to hate her). Her smile gave me nightmares. :shock: But I liked that she didn't even need magical powers (at first) to mess up Usagi's life. She used the world's oldest human tricks, lies and treachery. We've never seen that before in Sailor Moon.

Makoto (or rather, the actress who plays her) has a really cute and adorable smile. :) Ami, Rei and Minako are also sweet and pretty. Usagi is a bit scary sometimes, but I liked her anyway. I even liked this version of Mamoru, even though I HATED him in the anime. :D

The youma all look completely ridiculous though. When I first saw that propeller-thing in episode 3, I burst out laughing. And there are even worse-looking ones. And I don't get why the girls always have to do these stupid backflips and jumps. Why can't they just WALK towards the enemy? :?

sailorperkytoot123
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by sailorperkytoot123 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:24 pm

Oh God, the propeller youma....and that bouncing youma that Ami tries to fight on her own. They were always good for a laugh, whether or not they were meant to be funny.

rockable
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by rockable » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:11 am

Oh, and...
The 2nd Evil wrote:Finished PGSM, and yes, it was awesome, but I have one lingering question.

[spoiler]So, after Endymion dies and Princess Serenity gets so sad that she throws a hissy fit that ends the world, then fixes it, but she realizes she may have overreacted just a little, Miniko is alive and the Shitennou convince Mamoru to take part in the rewind, does that mean Nephrite was never "killed" and thus, never bumped into Motoki, never worked at the Crown, never ate Ami's "awful" cookies that he couldn't have enough of, and never tried to get Ami a gift as a thank you for the cookies? If so, then Boo-urns, I say! Boo-urns![/spoiler]

You're so right...too bad we're never shown

[spoiler]Nephrite geving that ridiculous horn to Ami[/spoiler]

I would have loved to see that. :lol:

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:54 pm

I started watching PGSM a few months back, I have been watching on and off. Currently I'm going to watch Act 19 and I think it's a pretty cool series. I like the costumes for the Sailor Senshi (only problem I have is that the bows are a bit bigger, should have been made smaller) and the uniform fukus.
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
I...Drink...Your...MILKSHAKE!!!-Daniel Plainview, There Will Be Blood
[email protected]#$%, you dont have a future.-The Bride, Kill Bill Vol. 2
Everybody say YATTA!!!
Whats the most youve ever lost on a coin toss?-Anton, No Country For Old Men
Dont toy with me Dr. Jones ! What is the point of all this?-Agent Irina Spalko, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Id sacrifice that bitch to satan!-Raye, Sailor Moon Abridged
I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you cant savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments-The Joker, The Dark Knight
DeviantART
AnimatedEvey12s Myspace, click if you dare!
My Blog
LJ!!!

rockable
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by rockable » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:16 pm

sailorperkytoot123 wrote:Oh God, the propeller youma....and that bouncing youma that Ami tries to fight on her own. They were always good for a laugh, whether or not they were meant to be funny.
And there's that one from episode 16 or something that looks like a member of KISS. :shock: Kind of creeped me out.;)

sailorperkytoot123
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by sailorperkytoot123 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:16 pm

rockable wrote:
sailorperkytoot123 wrote:Oh God, the propeller youma....and that bouncing youma that Ami tries to fight on her own. They were always good for a laugh, whether or not they were meant to be funny.
And there's that one from episode 16 or something that looks like a member of KISS. :shock: Kind of creeped me out.;)
Oh yeah, I vaguely remember that one. I'm probably gonna have to rewatch PGSM some time soon. By chance, was that youma the singing one?

rockable
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by rockable » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:58 pm

No, that was the sucking people into the ground-youma. :) Speaking of Kiss, is there a particularly reason why the girls always do the "heavy metal" hand movement when they pose? I'm not sure if it's intentional or not, but it's quite funny. :D
(I mean this: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... abbath.jpg)

also, Makoto is just SO awesome in this show. It almost makes me dislike the anime because I don't think I can stomach her boy-crazy, he-looks-like-my-sempai anime self ever again after seeing her kick so much ass in PGSM.
:wink:
All of them are a lot more interesting in PGSM, really.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:35 pm

rockable wrote:No, that was the sucking people into the ground-youma. :) Speaking of Kiss, is there a particularly reason why the girls always do the "heavy metal" hand movement when they pose? I'm not sure if it's intentional or not, but it's quite funny. :D
(I mean this: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... abbath.jpg)
Um..it's not the same sign.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e ... iform).png] sailor moon post

That's the sign for love. It's not the same as the heavy medal sign, since Moon's thumb is extended, and in the picture you showed, it is not.
EDIT: you'll have to copy and paste the picture link. It's not posting right (even with the url code) becuase of the parenthesis, I think.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

sailorperkytoot123
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by sailorperkytoot123 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:46 pm

rockable wrote:No, that was the sucking people into the ground-youma. :) Speaking of Kiss, is there a particularly reason why the girls always do the "heavy metal" hand movement when they pose? I'm not sure if it's intentional or not, but it's quite funny. :D
Do you mean when they sort of point their hand at the enemy after kissing their fingertips or whatever? If that's what you mean, then yes I think that is the same sign as in the link you posted. I'm pretty sure that in PGSM they don't extend their thumbs. I could be wrong of course. Tiff is correct about the anime though. That sign Moon makes is different since she extends her thumb. Maybe Tiff meant both the anime and PGSM, or maybe she misunderstood.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:48 pm

sailorperkytoot123 wrote: Do you mean when they sort of point their hand at the enemy after kissing their fingertips or whatever? If that's what you mean, then yes I think that is the same sign as in the link you posted. I'm pretty sure that in PGSM they don't extend their thumbs. I could be wrong of course. Tiff is correct about the anime though. That sign Moon makes is different since she extends her thumb. Maybe Tiff meant both the anime and PGSM, or maybe she misunderstood.
Eh...I couldn't remember if they did the same thing in PGSM, I just figured they did. If i'm wrong, sorry.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

sailorperkytoot123
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by sailorperkytoot123 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:01 pm

I'm not 100% sure either, but I am certain that they didn't extend the thumb to the side. They may have extended it forward though(but that is uncomfortable to do, at least for me). Or maybe they all got their hand signs mixed up. If that's the case, good thing they didn't mix it up with giving someone the middle finger! :D Although that would be quite entertaining....

Jusenkyo no Pikachu
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jusenkyo no Pikachu » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:37 am

Okay, question:

In Episode 6, Jupiter has what appears to be a crisis of faith. During this time, she hallucinates images of Moon, Mercury, Mars and Luna, who give her her bracelet. But, prior to this, she's never been shown to watch or interact with the senshi in senshi form. So what was happening there? Was she one of the victims in Episode 3 or what?
"That new girl? She seems kinda weird to me. And what kind of name is Buffy anyway?"
"Hey, Aphrodisia!"
--unaired Buffy pilot

If you're reading this, then you've lost the game.

rockable
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by rockable » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:33 am

Actually, she only sees Sailor Moon in her dream. I guess Usagi saved her from the Youma and tried to wake her up and she subconsciously noticed her in her half-delirious state *shrug*. Doesn't matter, it's really just supposed to look pretty.;) Though it's interesting that she immediately recognizes Sailor Moon as Usagi.
I also noticed that she's in front of her house when Evil Basketball Guy takes her, but when she frees herself, she's suddenly back at the fountain where she waited for him earlier.