Tokyopop Rereleasing Manga

The amazing anime that this site is dedicated to.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Sailorasteroid
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Sailorasteroid » Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:21 pm

I wonder what will happen to the value of the previous printing. What I'd like to do is sell them all off and buy the rerelease. Assuming it's done well.
Things I think Are Funny Early in the Morning: If Batman were a Smurf: "Quick, Robin! We must smurf down to the Batcave and smurf the Batplane! Then we must smurf the batsmurf so we can smurf where the Joker is smurfing!"

The Croonerism Spate (explanations upon request)
Be careful with this one, there is a bit of a pun involved. Dr. Spooner described his visit to a castle: "In the center of the fortress was the Palace Court. The gated entrance to this area was the court palace."

Users whose sigs my quotes have made (now in two columns)
Tempest___________________Peachvampiress (I think)
Sylphiel (twice!)____________Neon Heart
RoastedTwinkies (long ago)___Alexclow345
Seiusa____________________Nehelenia`s Crazy Fangirl

I <3 all you guys!

Umino
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Umino » Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:25 pm

Sailorasteroid wrote:I wonder what will happen to the value of the previous printing. What I'd like to do is sell them all off and buy the rerelease. Assuming it's done well.
I'm guessing alot, they keep going on Ebay for ridiculous prices.

Butterscotch
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Butterscotch » Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:39 pm

This is some good news. Even if its the same translation as before, I'll still scoop them all up. I missed out on a bunch last time ;_;

Jeff
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jeff » Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:41 pm

Umino wrote:
Sailorasteroid wrote:I wonder what will happen to the value of the previous printing. What I'd like to do is sell them all off and buy the rerelease. Assuming it's done well.
I'm guessing alot, they keep going on Ebay for ridiculous prices.
WHY didn't I keep mine?! T_T

CharmedFaith
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by CharmedFaith » Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:29 pm

this is great since now I can go out and finish my collection.

MarioKnight
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by MarioKnight » Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:36 am

Eh, I'm still a bit skeptical on this. They say they only have long term plans to re-release the manga. They haven't said anything about obtaining the rights to actually do so or not, as their original contract expired a while ago. This is just like when ADV acquired distribution rights DiC's dub of Sailor Moon, and said they planned to release the uncuts once they got the masters (10/00). Then the following summer, they essentially admitted not having the rights to do such a release. It wasn't until summer 2002 until they finally obtained the uncut rights. So until Tokyopop actually says they have rights once again, I'm not getting my hopes up.
Dan Bednarski ~ MarioKnight
Narsk.NET
smuncensored.com administrator
WikiMoon SysOp
phpBB MODs - Change forum banner
SMU :: MKBO :: Jumbled Thoughts :: FightingMongooses.com
DD:Recall Profile and DDR scores
Xbox Live Profile

Warriors of Legend: Reflections of Japan in Sailor Moon - Book on sale now! Please support!

Click here to have your voice heard to bring tokusatsu shows (such as PGSM) to this side of the ocean.

RIP
Sam DeNato: 1/11/07
Kevin Watt: 10/7/07
Evan Schoberlein - 7/24/08

This list seems to keep on growing. =(

sailorperkytoot123
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by sailorperkytoot123 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:15 pm

Yah, I have to agree that it wouldn't be good to get our hopes up because they didn't exactly sound too sure of them rereleasing it. Luckily, I did get all 18 volumes when they were released before even though their pages are falling out.

Cardcaptor Takato
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Cardcaptor Takato » Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:10 pm

MarioKnight wrote:Eh, I'm still a bit skeptical on this. They say they only have long term plans to re-release the manga. They haven't said anything about obtaining the rights to actually do so or not, as their original contract expired a while ago. This is just like when ADV acquired distribution rights DiC's dub of Sailor Moon, and said they planned to release the uncuts once they got the masters (10/00). Then the following summer, they essentially admitted not having the rights to do such a release. It wasn't until summer 2002 until they finally obtained the uncut rights. So until Tokyopop actually says they have rights once again, I'm not getting my hopes up.
That's what I'm skeptical about too, but hey, we did eventually get uncut Sailor Moon DVDs about a year or two after ADV admitted they didn't have the rights after making their plans, so maybe we'll get a re-release of the Sailor Moon manga about two years from now.
"If we can''t comprehend the plan at hand, how could a higher plan make any more sense? I'd say you can only be a martyr if you know what you are dying for, and choose it"-Elphaba

"Those who made mistakes blame themselves and close their hearts. It's impossible to fix a mistake. Man can't return to the past. That's why we drink. Drunks, lushes, sliding alcohol down their throats to dilute the memories that can't be denied.-Vash The Stampede"

sailorperkytoot123
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by sailorperkytoot123 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:30 pm

Ugh...I'm not patient enough...2 years is way to long!!!!!! Ok, sorry about that. I'm having a premonition that Sailor Moon is doomed to never return to shelves or TV's.

vicious026
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by vicious026 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:41 pm

I was so happy when i saw this thread. I never acquired any of the manga early on but now it is something I seriously want to get my hands on. It is probably best not to get my hopes up like others mentioned, but i can't help it. Now all I need is an official release of Sailor Stars so that I can one day have a complete anime and manga Sailor Moon Collection.

Mad Hatteress Belial
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Mad Hatteress Belial » Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:25 am

So.. Ah.. What's the status on this? Any recent news?
STAGE OUT!!!

jupiter23
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by jupiter23 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:05 am

Sorry, but no. And in fact, a while back I looked around on the Tokyopop website for information on this very subject and the only thing I could come up with was that their original releases were out of print and a news article stating that they are considering the rerelease. Again, this was a while back, so if any thing has come of it since then, I'm not aware of it.
Come join the party.

If the speed of light is 983,571,088 feet per second, what is the speed of dark?

amandie04
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by amandie04 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:51 am

aww man I started reading the beginning of this thread and getting my hopes up. Just the other day I decided to start reading manga. No I haven't read any til now.... but I watch anime and then I always hear "the manga is better" .... so anyways I decided I need to start reading manga a lot! while I was browsing at the bookstore, I thought, hey I bet there is the sailormoon manga, but of course I didn't find any. I am too late!!! DANG IT!!! grrrrr.

if it ever is rereleased I hope I won't be too slow to find out about it and go buy it! I've still never seen SuperS or Stars, isn't that ridiculous?!! I'm asking for both for christmas. I don't care if they are "bootlegged". LOL.

BTW, I don't get on here too often, but I was wondering if there are big differences or not between the sailor moon anime and the manga??? If anybody wants to send me a message to answer that, I'd appreciate it so much! :-)

nap*
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by nap* » Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:27 pm

I saw the dubbed episodes selling in HMV in the UK... although this has nothing to do with it I was amazed that it got to see light next to all other popular anime excluding DBZ

sailor_dream1414
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

so when will sailor moon

Post by sailor_dream1414 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:18 pm

so i heard tokyo pop renegotiated the rights for the Sailor Moon manga and it will be releasing it within the next two years so does this mean it will be released on this month?and has anyone seen any sailor moon in any book store yet?

jupiter23
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by jupiter23 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:47 pm

I don't know where you heard that, but the last official story I heard was that Tokyopop was in the process of renegotiating for the rights. Nothing's come of it yet to my knowledge. And obviously this would mean that it won't be getting re-released this month, and has not been in any bookstores or such since it went out of print.
Come join the party.

If the speed of light is 983,571,088 feet per second, what is the speed of dark?

sailor_dream1414
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by sailor_dream1414 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:07 pm

i hope the manga come back here again i wanna have the renewed manga!plus i hope tokyo pop can licence the Artbook i ahve the 3 volume of the sailor moon art book but it now in POOR condition due to my friend carelessness.the pages are falling apart too i hope they can licence them i really love seeing naoko art.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:46 pm

ADMIN MODE:

There is already a topic about this. Please make sure these types of topics don't already exist before making a new thread.

Topic merged with old one.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

sailor_dream1414
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by sailor_dream1414 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:27 pm

oh im sorry.i just wanted to know when they will put sailor moon book at the stores i got this link about it going to be release in within 2 years
http://www.moonkitty.net/2007_07_01_blog2.php

Slrjoecool
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by Slrjoecool » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:51 pm

... Even your linked "source" says
http://www.moonkitty.net/2007_07_01_blog2.php wrote:"Seems that a few fans may have misinterpreted what they heard as several people are saying that Tokyopop only expressed their interest in negotiating for the rights to the Sailor Moon manga and releasing it within the next two years. Will keep you posted on updates!"
and
http://www.moonkitty.net/2007_07_01_blog2.php wrote:"Well it's been a crazy week with that news about Tokyopop (as it turns out) simply repeating what they've been saying for the last several years now, that they're trying to get the rights to the Sailor Moon manga so they can rerelease it. That means guys and gals that so far they still haven't got the rights, but let's keep our fingers crossed, right?"
So, basically, nothing has been done, but if they can get the rights to it, they will try to release it in two years of obtaining the rights (if I've read it correctly.)
~~ Married to my Tiffu on August 4th, 2007 ~~

Flesh may cross the portal,
and seek it’s master Death.
Life may go where Death has trod,
and challenge, like Scheherazade,
he who reigns beneath the sod,
to spare a mortal’s breath.

My Journal: Hope
Web Gallery of Michael’s Pictures