Funny dub lines not already mentioned on SMU's website

The amazing anime that this site is dedicated to.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Neo Dead Moon
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Funny dub lines not already mentioned on SMU's website

Post by Neo Dead Moon » Fri Nov 14, 2003 10:38 am

There's lots of unintentionally/intentionally hilarious dub lines in Sailor Moon. But can you think of any really funny ones that the Sailor Moon Uncensored web site hasn't mentioned yet, or didn't mention?

Here are some of mine:

"It will be mega-fun and then some!"- Zirconia, "Dental Dilemma"

"I'll miss my snail-racing contest, and I'm the only member"- Melvin, "Time Bomb"

"Remember this book, Serena? It's called mathematics." - Luna, "A Knight to Remember"

"You're a meatball-headed meanie!"
"Yes I am!"- Rini and Serena, "Vaulting to Victory"

"Your plan is to poison Sailor Moon's lemonade."
"You've been studying human sarcasm, I see."
"It's required." Zoycite and Neflite, "An Animated Mess"

"So, the little kittens are out without their mittens"- Malachite, "The Past Returns"

"Grrr...I'm not angry, I'm in my happy place!!"- Lita, "Nightmare Garden"

"Para-Para..what are you doing? And where do you get such tiny humans?"- Zirconia, also from "Dental Dilemma"

The words "Tuxedo Melvin", in general.
"With this candle I will..set your mother on fire." - Victor, Tim Burton's Corpse Bride

Em
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Em » Fri Nov 14, 2003 11:32 am

It not really funny but it's how it was said

Jupiter does her attack to get into starlight tower " Nothing like the derict apporch " Crystaly Clear Desntiy then again what she says oragainl is funny as well
The Doctor: What''''s the use of a good quotation if you can''''t change it?

[referring back to Ace''''s earlier, rather transparent denial of packing Nitro-9]
The Seventh Doctor: Ace, give me some of that Nitro-9 you''''re not carrying.

The Seventh Doctor: [the Doctor is knelt coughing on the ground having blown up a Dalek with some nitro-9 explosive. The fuse had a shorter time on it than Ace told him] Ace! You said ten seconds.
Ace: Nobody''''s perfect Professor

"He seriously looks like a hot chocolate pimp"- peachvampiress on Johnny Depp in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Helping mate find her way out of college wiht other mate due to the fact she didn't have contact len's in
"He was cute"
"That was a women"
"Really?"
"Yes"

Obsessive Touga Fan
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Obsessive Touga Fan » Fri Nov 14, 2003 12:40 pm

I can't think of many examples... but my favourite is in the Prologue segment for the S episode with Usagi/Serena's birthday (which unfortunately means this dialogue wasn't shown on TV). Whoever wrote this seems to have a slightly twisted mind...

"It's my birthday! Being the centre of attention is great, and I'm just dying to know what my handsome prince scored for my birthday! I hope he scores the glass shoes I like. Speaking of dying, some uninvited guests show up! How dare they crash my birthday? I'm Sailor Moon, and I shall punish them!"

Chibi chibi star
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Chibi chibi star » Fri Nov 14, 2003 4:54 pm

Here's one that they forgot to mention in the R movie:

Kenishian Blossom to Fiore: Let's put the petal to the metal!

No comment on that one.
That thing about Lita being in her "happy place was pretty stupid sounding. Only DiC I guess.
I wish on a star...
Just to be with you...
Please find me...
Call my name for me...
I'll be there for you...
My only love...

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Fri Nov 14, 2003 8:09 pm

Em wrote:It not really funny but it's how it was said

Jupiter does her attack to get into starlight tower " Nothing like the derict apporch " Crystaly Clear Desntiy then again what she says oragainl is funny as well
God I love that line. I've always thought it was funny.

One of Derek's and mine's favorite:
"What are you doing??"
"*grin* I'm drawing my FAAVOORRITE super hero! *holds up a picture of a huge, fatass sailor moon*"
- Serena and Luna

I don't know what it is about it, but we just crack up and quote that all the time.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

Dinozore
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Dinozore » Fri Nov 14, 2003 9:58 pm

O.o I could have sworn I had a post in this topic...
"Tell my tale to those who ask... tell it truthfully, the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence..." last words of Dinobot, "Code of Hero"
"Is that a poisonous elephant in your pocket or are you happy to see me?" ~another forum
"Monster! I''''m going to collide with you indefinitely as my limbs flail wildly about!" ~NPC, Dragon Warrior VII
"I bet you were thinking how hot it would be to see Tsunade with her gates wide open, inviting you..." ~DuneMan
"To use gaming terms, Tyrannosaurus Rex was a camper--- and he pwned his prey!" ~BaronVonAwesome
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!" ~Dinobot

Sailor X
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Sailor X » Fri Nov 14, 2003 11:23 pm

I don't get it. How did she say it? Then again, I can't remember Crystal Clear Destiny because friggin' Cartoon Network took the series off too early two summers ago. *flips off Cartoon Network*
That avatar is a self portrait. Really. Really. No matter how much it looks like D'Angelo, that's me. .... Oh, just shut up.

"Man, I am like obsessed with this show...could anyone have made a worse tv program if they set out to? The best part is, it was my grandma's FAVORITE show. We put her in a home shortly after she made that comment."
Jump the Shark comment on "Small Wonder"

Starscream
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by Starscream » Sat Nov 15, 2003 10:35 am

"We didn't come here for a scout jamboree!" - Zoycite ("Sailor V something something")

"Darien? Who's that?" - Evil Prince Darien (the one with the sea demon)

and later...

"It's Darien!" - Amy
"PRINCE Darien to you!" - Evil Prince Darien (the one where Endymion is collecting the seven super youma)

"Take a patter, Sailor Twit" - One of the "Twisted Sisters". Very humorous.
- David Graña

<3 Happily Married to Jennifer since July 16, 2005 <3

"Conquest is made from the ashes of one’s enemies" - Starscream
My Livejournal.

Judge: "Yes. What? You say if I testify I’ll be killed? Oh. It’s for you." (hands the phone to Fry)
Roberto: (On the phone) "And the other hamburger will also be made of your lungs. So long, pal."
Fry: "I refuse to testify on the grounds that my organs will be chopped up into a patty."
Judge: "Ah, the 67th Amendment."
Futurama, Insane in the Mainframe

Leela’s (former) boss: "Oh my various gods!"
Futurama, How Hermes Requisitioned his Groove Back

Neo Dead Moon
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Neo Dead Moon » Sat Nov 15, 2003 5:07 pm

Chibi chibi star wrote:Here's one that they forgot to mention in the R movie:

Kenishian Blossom to Fiore: Let's put the petal to the metal!

No comment on that one.
That thing about Lita being in her "happy place was pretty stupid sounding. Only DiC I guess.
Actually...the "happy place" line was from the SuperS dub. To be more specific, it was from the episode where Jupter learns "Jupiter Oak Evolution" and Venus learns "Venus Love and Beauty Shock".
"With this candle I will..set your mother on fire." - Victor, Tim Burton's Corpse Bride

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Sat Nov 15, 2003 7:01 pm

Sailor X wrote:

I don't get it. How did she say it? Then again, I can't remember Crystal Clear Destiny because friggin' Cartoon Network took the series off too early two summers ago. *flips off Cartoon Network*
The senshi are tryign to get into the tower to get to sailor moon. The other senshi are trying to figure out how, and finally, Jupiter just blows it open with her attack, and while the other senshi are gaping at her, she goes "nothing like the direct approach. HAH" and dashes ahead while the others are standing there sweatdropping with tiny eyes and their mouths wide open.

Starscream: God, I always found it hilarious when he said "darien? I dno't know that name..I'm prince Darien!!". I would just sit there going "..WTF? You just SAID your name was..but she said..but..AGGHHH *HEAD EXPLODES*"

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

Em
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Em » Sat Nov 15, 2003 8:04 pm

On the Prince Darien thing I never thought about it really

Aslo another one of mine ( formt eh dub again) Scouts go to challnge wise man Luna's all worried about them adn Artimes pips up
"Don't worry with the promise of cheescake they'll make it "

Think of the out takes

Moon to wise man : I want my chesscake back

Wiseman : No it's mine I stole it fair and square :P

Moon: 0_o

[referring back to Ace''''s earlier, rather transparent denial of packing Nitro-9]

The Seventh Doctor: [the Doctor is knelt coughing on the ground having blown up a Dalek with some nitro-9 explosive. The fuse had a shorter time on it than Ace told him] Ace! You said ten seconds.

"He seriously looks like a hot chocolate pimp"- peachvampiress on Johnny Depp in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Helping mate find her way out of college wiht other mate due to the fact she didn't have contact len's in
"He was cute"
"That was a women"
"Really?"
"Yes"

Starscream
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by Starscream » Sat Nov 15, 2003 8:08 pm

Tiff wrote:Starscream: God, I always found it hilarious when he said "darien? I dno't know that name..I'm prince Darien!!". I would just sit there going "..WTF? You just SAID your name was..but she said..but..AGGHHH *HEAD EXPLODES*"
I love watching that episode with my brothers. We just stare at the screen and scream at Darien for being a complete moron.

"What are you talking about? You're name is Darien with or without the stupid 'Prince' in front of it! Argh!"

"And why didn't the cats figure out Serena was the princess if the queen told them so (in the first episode flashback)?"

"Because they're idiots, apparently."
- David Graña

My Livejournal.

Judge: "Yes. What? You say if I testify I’ll be killed? Oh. It’s for you." (hands the phone to Fry)
Roberto: (On the phone) "And the other hamburger will also be made of your lungs. So long, pal."
Fry: "I refuse to testify on the grounds that my organs will be chopped up into a patty."

Rainbow
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Rainbow » Sun Nov 16, 2003 10:20 am

Hey! I've had a hard time thinking of any, for two reasons:
1) I haven't WATCHED the NA dub in a while.
2) I was afraid I would mention something on the site.
But I did think of two:

"Maybe she'll have a klutz attack and trip Queen Beryl,"
-Artemis, talking about how Sailor Moon might do in the final fight

"Don't emote too much on the test,"
-Viluy (sp?) as a goodbye to Amy after their confrontation. I liked that line a lot...emote on the test?! Silly Viluy...
http://rainbow774.tripod.com/

The Realm of the Dessert Senshi. My fanfic series that is set in Crystal Tokyo and includes foreign Senshi, fat Senshi, a Senshi in a wheelchair and a magical hyrax.

Lady J
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Lady J » Sun Nov 16, 2003 6:36 pm

"Uranus, Neptune we have no grude against you, but you just can't go talking trash about our Moon Princess."-Sailor Venus (Second Chance)

"So think of me as your nightmare in pink you trashy has been."-Sailor Mini Moon (Tough Kindness)

"Ninja MELTDOWN!"-Serena (The Trouble With Love)

Tuxedo Mask: Sailor Moon, you seemed to have gained a little weight.
Sailor Moon: Are you blind, look down! (Driven Dreamer)

Rainbow
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Rainbow » Sun Nov 16, 2003 7:05 pm

Oooh! Oooh! I thought of a third one for me!
Raye: Stop wailing, Serena!
Serena: You don't have any feelings.
Raye: Yes I do, and right now I'm angry!

This is from the Dream Dolly story. I'm not sure quite why I like it so much, but I just do! (maybe I like Mars's temper?)
http://rainbow774.tripod.com/

The Realm of the Dessert Senshi. My fanfic series that is set in Crystal Tokyo and includes foreign Senshi, fat Senshi, a Senshi in a wheelchair and a magical hyrax.

Umino
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Umino » Sun Nov 16, 2003 7:49 pm

"That's funny.........NOT"
-Viluy

LOVE that line ^^

Starscream
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by Starscream » Sun Nov 16, 2003 8:29 pm

"That's so sweet...I'm getting cavities!" - Queen Beryl

I love that line...and use it myself sometimes, too ^^;
- David Graña

My Livejournal.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Sun Nov 16, 2003 9:46 pm

Starscream wrote: I love watching that episode with my brothers. We just stare at the screen and scream at Darien for being a complete moron.

"What are you talking about? You're name is Darien with or without the stupid 'Prince' in front of it! Argh!"

"And why didn't the cats figure out Serena was the princess if the queen told them so (in the first episode flashback)?"

"Because they're idiots, apparently."
LMFAO I know..it was like "WTF? You just SAID your name wasn't Darien, but now it is?!"
This is from the Dream Dolly story. I'm not sure quite why I like it so much, but I just do! (maybe I like Mars's temper?)
A quote I like from there is:
(Serena) Aww she's so cute!
(Raye) Um..she's evil.
(serena) oh yeah!!

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

writergirl
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by writergirl » Mon Nov 17, 2003 10:03 pm

ah yes... here we go... haha
Lady J reminded me about this one

"Are you going to let then keep talkign all this trash talk?" Jupiter, The same episode of her first quote.

When I heard that I jsut when what? I had to rewidn it a couple of times jsut to understsand it.
Plug for my message board Im awful. ::Hangs head in shame::

Left here alone, and unsure of what I feel. Unclear, but I see, Just what I'm afraid of.
I can't find my way anymore. And I cannot heal the wounds I've created. I can't let let go of whats killing me
Falling from this edge, I am lost to all I know
I can't breathe anymore Somehow I'm locked inside this cage And I've tried, but I cant Fight to stay alive
Falling from this edge, I am lost to all I know Time is only Fantasy And lies, the only reverie.
I've tried But I can't fight anymore.
I've Fallen from this edge, I am lost to all I know Time is only Fantasy And lies, the only reverie.
~ Megan McCauley's "Reverie"

Em
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Em » Tue Nov 18, 2003 3:01 pm

Another one from R moive

It's just how it's said really

Serena useing sliver crystal Scout call out Sernea and Serinty ( I think

Darain: MY LOVE!

had me in a fit of laughter wehn I heard that line don't know why I just find it funny

"He was cute"
"That was a women"
"Really?"
"Yes"