The Problems with Sailor Stars

The amazing anime that this site is dedicated to.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Jeff
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

The Problems with Sailor Stars

Post by Jeff » Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:19 pm

No, this is not another thread about "Will any company ever dub Sailor Stars?" This thread is about my, and possibly your, problems and/or issues with the fifth Sailor Moon anime series. There will be spoilers, be warned. I'll also be employing sarcasm.

SuperS is bashed more than any other Sailor Moon series, but Sailor Stars is usually left untouched, and often even equated with Sailor Moon S as the best series of the show. I wonder why this is? Sailor Stars had drastic changes from Takeuchi's manga storyline, just as much as SuperS.

First of all, I didn't like the way that Nehelenia was brought back. In the manga, Nehelenia was pure evil, the dark reflection of Queen Serenity. In SuperS, Nehelenia was different, but she was still maniacal and pretty damn evil, going so far as to try to kill Chibi Moon just out of spite for Sailor Moon even when she had already lost. Her last scene, being sealed in the New Moon while laughing, was truly creepy and cool.

But NO. Sailor Moon just had to use her magical moon rock to throw some pixie dust on her and make her a good little girl. It seemed like a cheap plot device and a cop-out. What would have been the problem with leaving Nehelenia's story as-is? Surely they could have come up with some way of having Eternal Sailor Moon born in one of the first few episodes of Galaxia's story line. Heck, Chibiusa's disappearance from the show forever (minus a hallucination) is dismissed in one sentence in episode 173. After all the tearful goodbyes made between Usagi and Chibiusa when they would see each other again in a matter of weeks, it would have been nice to see a more substantial tribute to one of the most important and popular characters on the show.

Next up are the Sailor Animamates. How did Galaxia, one mean-ass chick, end up with such goofy subordinates? I'm all for giving the villains some humor, but most previous villains still managed to retain their level of intimidation. Sailor Moon doesn't even try to kill them! That would be fine if she healed them instead, but she just sits on her butt and waits for Galaxia to off them. Is she tired from four seasons of fighting? Maybe it's a lack of energy from her newly apparent eating disorder? Whatever the case, maybe we could have seen the Sailor Animamates at the end of the series, when it is assumed that they are all revived.

Now I'm going to rip at the Starlights. Boy oh boy, could they be any weirder? It's like somebody used one of those otaku senshi generators and came up with these three freaks of nature. I'm not anti-transsexual, but I am anti-changing your sexual organs because it would fit your style of singing better. Would anyone let Clay Aiken do that? I hope not. This change from the manga seems really pointless, and almost like SOS' rationalization of Michiru and Haruka's relationship by explaining that Haruka actually has a male soul, and in that sense is really a slap in the face to yuri fic writers everywhere. Couldn't they just dress like men? Did they really have to specify that their penises fall off when they transform? It also would have been neat to see Seiya, as a girl, filling a "masculine" role. There is also the obvious butt-ugliness of the group, no offense to forehead/giant rat-tail lovers.

The Seiya-Usagi relationship is given so much time, yet nothing really happens. It seems pointless.

It seems like the anime only gets halfway through the manga, and then ends. What I mean is that Kakyuu comes around the middle of the manga story, and then the Starlights DIE (omgz). Sailor Kakyuu is one of the coolest characters in the whole series, but in the anime we barely get to know her. She's still obviously cool though, so it feels like a cheat when she arrives (and dies) just before the whole series ends. Imagine if we had been given half the season or more to get to know her, how much more impactful her death would have been (probably on the level of Haruka and Michiru).

For a series named Sailor Stars, there sure seems to be a noticeable lack of stars, minus shiny brain tumors (I would be seriously worried if one of those things ever showed up on an x-ray, especially Usagi's clunker) and starry backdrops. We could have seen Sailor Moon fighting her way through the galaxy, all the way to the final battle at Galaxia's Palace and the Galaxy Cauldron, but instead she walks down the street to the local TV station.

People complain about the "predictable" plot device of Dream Mirrors in SuperS, but at least those were a little bizarre at first. Star Seeds are basically Pure Heart Crystals 2.0. There is also the serious issue of "What the hell was Galaxia's deal, man?" And by this I mean, in the manga it was made clear that Galaxia knew who held the eternal Star Seeds she was looking for. In the anime she acts interested whenever one of the Animamates says they have found one or will get one for sure, but towards the end she just takes the star seeds of the sailor senshi like she knew they had them all along. They don't even explain the concept of Sailor Crystals in the anime, which is kind of important, and explains how Galaxia knew who had the right star seeds. This is probably the biggest problem with Sailor Stars, and reconciling it is impossible.

My final problem is the final episode. The best thing about this episode was that they played the Sailor Star Song, and the Sailor Starlights went away... and nekkid Usagi. That's really it. It seemed rather trite... the Silver Crystal saves the day again, woohoo. Chibi Chibi makes no sense; if she is Galaxia's star seed, why does she look and sound like Usagi, and why is her senshi name Sailor Chibi Chibi Moon? Why does her shadow look like Sailor Cosmos from the manga? And why hasn't Professor Tomoe, by now, filed a missing persons report on his daughter?

I know there are some Stars lovers here, and some Taiki-lovers, so let's see what you all think. I guess this would also be the place to defend Sailor Stars, similar to the "Is SuperS REALLY that bad?" thread.

Crecent beam
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by Crecent beam » Fri Jun 16, 2006 2:00 am

What a great post !
I also somewhat dislike this season because of the different drawings/animation and because I felt the Inners were not respected by anyone. They seemed as if they were less powerful or corageous than the starlights.
It's also a pity they didn't even attack Galaxia, they just stood there waiting to get killed. Some more intense battles with the monsters of the day would have been nice, too.
But all in all, I cannot say that I hate Stars. It had very nice songs and many cool and exciting moments.

Cardcaptor Takato
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Cardcaptor Takato » Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:13 am

I don't hate Sailor Stars but at the same time I do agree that it's way over-rated. The Nehelenia arc was so completly pointless and predictable and Chibi-usa was so pointless in this season. She didn't even do any fighting or contributed anything to the plot when she was there and when she leaves at the end of the Nehelenia arc, they don't even make a big deal about it. I agree that the writers could've easily come up with a better way to explain Usagi's power up and Saturn's re-awakening. I also hated how they didn't give the Outers new transformation sequences or even give Pluto a new attack even though they went through the trouble of upgrading their costumes. I was also disappointed that Saturn didn't even get one transformation sequence this season and the only time we get to see her attack is when she uses Silence Wall, which was only a defensive attack. But what annoys me the most about Sailor Stars is this season's lack of originality. The search for Princess Kakyuu is too reminiscent of the search for the Moon Princess in the first season. The search for the Star Seeds is too much of a rip off of the search for the heart crystals in S. Taiki and Yaten are Haruka and Michiru clones but without the homoeroticism. Seiya is just Mamoru with a punk attitude and the whole "little girl with mysterious powers shows up out of nowhere claiming to be related to Usagi but actually has a connection to the new bad guys" plot was already done in R. It's like the writers were running out of ideas on how they could drag out the anime's storyline long enough to get their ratings back, so they decided to take all of the most popular plot elements from previous seasons and combine them all in one storyline.

I also hate how inconsiscent the animation is in this season, particulary the character designs. The worst error is in the episode where Minako is auditioning for an idol contest and in the scene where the girls cheer her on, Makoto's face just look so bizarre and it drives me insane with how weird it looks in that scene. And although I enjoyed the episodes leading up to it, I thought the final battle between Usagi and Galaxia was a huge let down. We go through all that emotional trauma, Usagi becomes nude, Sailor Stars Song starts playing, and then Usagi saves the world by....[spoiler]touching Galaxia's hand. After all that drama, I just felt like I was being cheated out of a great ending by them having Usagi save the world through touching hands.[/spoiler] I guess after all these years of people talking about how great Sailor Stars is and complaining about it not being licensed, I had a lot of high expectations for it but I ended up feeling disappointed. It was still a very enjoyable season and I think it's the funniest season of the series and I'm glad I got to see it, but I don't think it's as quite as good as most people do.
"If we can''t comprehend the plan at hand, how could a higher plan make any more sense? I'd say you can only be a martyr if you know what you are dying for, and choose it"-Elphaba

"Those who made mistakes blame themselves and close their hearts. It's impossible to fix a mistake. Man can't return to the past. That's why we drink. Drunks, lushes, sliding alcohol down their throats to dilute the memories that can't be denied.-Vash The Stampede"

Rin
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Rin » Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:14 am

The stars season had too many characters, and most of them didn't even do anything most of the time. They should have just put the planet senshi on the air plane with Mamoru and just have the season feature Usagi and the starlights. And it felt like the inner senshi were just knocked off in episode 196. I didn't even feel that much emotion for them when they were all dying. In the classic season, I was crying all through the end of episode 45 because they all at least went down fighting while in stars it was like they just like Galaxia's attack hit them.

The Nehellania ark just bores me. I don't know why but I just couldn't wait till it was over. I was also kind of up set that Usagi just ran off to save Mamoru by herself as opposed to waiting for everyone. Maybe then all the senshi wouldn't have been put in dream mirrors.

And what was with Chibi Usa and Hotaru? The outer senshi reveal that Sailor Saturn is back and all Chibi Usa does is say "Hotaru-chan!" Great way to greet your best friend who you probably though you'd never see again.

And Saturn, there was absolutely no character development to her. In S, she was extremely physically weak and sick. In stars she was just some perfect little girl with almost no personality. She should have been in more episodes so we could see some of her flaws.

Why was Galaxia, who probably killed more people than all the other villians combined, forgiven but Sailor Moon wouldn't reach out to the other villians in Stars and the rest of Sailor Moon? Wasn't Beryl corrupted too?

Now on to what I did like:

I think I'm the only person who likes the fact that the starlights are guys who transform into girls. I must be weird or something, or maybe I just thought Seiya and Yaten were cute.

I liked Usagi's relationship with Seiya and I prefer him to Mamoru. He just seems like he would be more fun.

I did like the Sailor Animates, but like Jeff said, why was Galaxia using them as minions?
Currently watching: Sailor Moon S movie

Red String Web comic: http://redstring.strawberrycomics.com/

DragonMasterZero
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by DragonMasterZero » Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:25 am

I think Galaxia used the Animamates because she was bored. I mean if you controlled nearly the entire galaxy and all that was left was some poor middle-of-nowhere planet, wouldnt you like to see some entertainment?

Galaxia was probably getting her jollies by watching her incompetant minions fight slightly more competant Senshi. Then she gets the pleasure of killing the Animamates once she gets bored with them.
Favorite Senshi: Saturn and Jupiter
If I had a Henshin phrase it would be: Dragon Master Power! Armor Up!

A shrine without girls is like Miso Soup without the Miso - Grandpa Hino
The human body can be drained of blood in 8 seconds given adequate vaccuuming systems - River - Firefly

*Eternal Moon*
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by *Eternal Moon* » Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:48 am

Why was Galaxia, who probably killed more people than all the other villians combined, forgiven but Sailor Moon wouldn't reach out to the other villians in Stars and the rest of Sailor Moon? Wasn't Beryl corrupted too?
Before Galaxia became evil, she was a good Sailor Solider who tried to save the world by sealing Chaos within her body. The only reason she became evil was because Chaos took over her and turned her into an evil person who wanted to take over the world. Since she is a fellow Sailor Soldier, I think Sailor Moon forgave her because they had that in common (them both being Sailor Soldiers) which she kept mentioning to her in the final episodes. I don't think she felt comfortable killing another soldier who was at once probably just as kind hearted and good as she was. If you've noticed in all of the seasons, Sailor Moon has never killed anyone who she believed to be good people inside such as Professor Tomoe and Hotaru (Professor Tomoe surrendered their lives to Pharoah 90 in order to save Hotaru's), Nehelenia (she wasn't always evil, she was just lonely) and even the 4 sisters from Sailor Moon R (they wanted to change).

Umino
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Re: The Problems with Sailor Stars

Post by Umino » Fri Jun 16, 2006 2:19 pm

Jeff wrote:SuperS is bashed more than any other Sailor Moon series, but Sailor Stars is usually left untouched, and often even equated with Sailor Moon S as the best series of the show. I wonder why this is? Sailor Stars had drastic changes from Takeuchi's manga storyline, just as much as SuperS.
I don't like Sailor Moon SuperS that much, but it's not because of the changes. The whole thing was completely boring, and had way too many fillers, BAD fillers. Every single episode Chibiusa would meet someone (bitchy old lady/kid who can't fullfill dream/etc.), they would get attacked, battle, end of episode. It got old. The lack of Outers is a huge turn off for me, mainly because it seems odd they would be taken out completely like that. Not once are they mentioned in SuperS outside of the TV special. The only things I really like in SuperS was the improved animation, the serious episodes, and the finale.

First of all, I didn't like the way that Nehelenia was brought back. In the manga, Nehelenia was pure evil, the dark reflection of Queen Serenity. In SuperS, Nehelenia was different, but she was still maniacal and pretty damn evil, going so far as to try to kill Chibi Moon just out of spite for Sailor Moon even when she had already lost. Her last scene, being sealed in the New Moon while laughing, was truly creepy and cool.
I feel the same way about Nehelenia, bringing her back felt just.. stupid. Her being sealed away in the New Moon worked nicely, why they felt the need to bring her back is beyond me.
Heck, Chibiusa's disappearance from the show forever (minus a hallucination) is dismissed in one sentence in episode 173. After all the tearful goodbyes made between Usagi and Chibiusa when they would see each other again in a matter of weeks, it would have been nice to see a more substantial tribute to one of the most important and popular characters on the show.
Again, I completely agree with you. They made a whole episode about her leaving (and then coming right back) back in S, why couldn't they devote an episode to her leaving for good? Why even have her leave for good? It's the final season, it seems fitting to have everyone there.
Next up are the Sailor Animamates. How did Galaxia, one mean-ass chick, end up with such goofy subordinates?
What can I say? I love the Animamates, sure they're no Witches 5 but I love 'em. Plus, aside from the Generals, were they're ever any serious subordinates in Sailor Moon?
Now I'm going to rip at the Starlights. Boy oh boy, could they be any weirder?
I have mixed feelings about the Starlights. First off, their outfits are horrible. They look like bad Catwoman cosplayers. Second, their overall designs were just, ugly. Even in the manga, they all LOOK LIKE MEN. Geez, I can't really blame Toei for making them sex-changing-sailors. They just don't look like women. Despite their tons of flaws I do like Yaten and Seiya. Mainly Yaten, because he's pretty fun. Seiya's fun too, but I could care less about Taiki. (I think we're fine with one Ami, thank you.)
Chibi Chibi makes no sense; if she is Galaxia's star seed, why does she look and sound like Usagi, and why is her senshi name Sailor Chibi Chibi Moon? Why does her shadow look like Sailor Cosmos from the manga?
Uh, I don't have an answer for that one. Plothole?

And why hasn't Professor Tomoe, by now, filed a missing persons report on his daughter?
The same reason why we never see anyone from the previous series ever again? I have no clue. The anime tends to dismiss things.

SeiUsa
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by SeiUsa » Fri Jun 16, 2006 2:27 pm

What happened to Naru and Umino, is what I'd like to know.

Crecent beam
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by Crecent beam » Fri Jun 16, 2006 2:31 pm

Usagi went to a certain high school, while Naru and Umino went to another. It is sad not seeing them anymore because they were there since the first episode of Sailor Moon.

*Eternal Moon*
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by *Eternal Moon* » Fri Jun 16, 2006 2:34 pm

SeiUsa wrote:What happened to Naru and Umino, is what I'd like to know.
In Sailor Stars, Usagi and the rest of the inner soldiers got into a new school (high school). Maybe Naru and Umino went to a different school. That still doesn't explain why Naru, Umino, and Usagi don't talk anymore but that would explain why we didn't even see them all in the same school.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Re: The Problems with Sailor Stars

Post by Tiff » Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:43 pm

Jeff wrote:
Chibi Chibi makes no sense; if she is Galaxia's star seed, why does she look and sound like Usagi, and why is her senshi name Sailor Chibi Chibi Moon? Why does her shadow look like Sailor Cosmos from the manga?
As far as I remember, Chibi Chibi never introduces herself as "Chibi Chibi Moon". They just end up calling her that, probably becuase she stays at Sailor Moon's side. Chibi Chibi only ever calls herself "Chibi Chibi". And she probably looks like Usagi becuase that is the form she chose. Galaxia's star seed could have chosen any form; it probably chose one that would be familiar to Usagi (odangoes, etc). And as to why it looks like Cosmos...well, that was probably creative licensing. I mean, Chibi Chibi and cosmos both have heart-shaped odangoes, and so, Chibi Chibi's "adult" form looks like Cosmos becuase they have the same hairstyle. The people who did the show may have also wanted to include Cosmos's character design somewhere in there.

And why hasn't Professor Tomoe, by now, filed a missing persons report on his daughter?
Well, Setsuna approached Tomoe, saw Hotaru, said it was time to go, and then the scene ends. Setsuna probably either used some sort of magic to either make Tomoe forget what was going on, or make him remember everthing that had gone on. I'm sure she didn't just snatch Hotaru and run.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

Rainbow
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Rainbow » Fri Jun 16, 2006 5:38 pm

Well, I liked the Nehelenia Arc BECAUSE it was sooo sweet (especially where the Outers and Inners had to learn to work together). As for the question why Usagi reached out to Galaxia and Nehelenia and not Queen Beryl and the others is that I think she gets more and more pacifist as the show goes on. It just shows that she's not thinking in terms of "us and them" anymore but learning that conflicts can be solved in ways other than blasting the other side to pieces.

As for the Starlights being girls all the time, I'm kind of conflicted because I like the idea of a gender-bending character but I also like girl-Starlights a lot (especially a female Seiya).

I personally liked the Animamates being goof-heads because I like humorous characters and they were my favorite set of villains. My guess is that Galaxia likes to bide her time (overconfident, maybe?) and watch some silly-headed fake Senshi try to steal Star Seeds. You know, like a slapstick power trip or something.

However, I would've wished that Chibi-Usa had stayed in the Stars season and that's mainly because she's my favorite character. I also would've liked to see her reactions to Seiya's crush on Usagi as well (possibly similar to the SuperS story where she freaked out over Mamoru and Saori?).

I also agree that Hotaru should've not been portrayed as so overly perfect and that she should've been in it more. I think, actually, it would've been interesting if she was in Misa's role and then Haruka and Michiru could be freaked out over their surrogate daughter being a Three Lights fan.

That and it should've been longer. Most characters + shortest season = Rainbow thinks it should've been longer (to add in all the stuff about Chibi-Usa and Hotaru that should've been in there, of course).
http://rainbow774.tripod.com/

The Realm of the Dessert Senshi. My fanfic series that is set in Crystal Tokyo and includes foreign Senshi, fat Senshi, a Senshi in a wheelchair and a magical hyrax.

DragonMasterZero
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by DragonMasterZero » Fri Jun 16, 2006 5:48 pm

On the subject of Chibi-Usa staying in Stars, wouldn't she end up disappearing because Mamoru dies? She almost dissapeared because Nehelenia stole Mamoru. His death would probably cause her to cease to exist......which would have been a far more interesting way to remove Chibi-Usa but it would reveal that Mamoru is dead. I know its strongly hinted at but never fully told until the last few eps
Favorite Senshi: Saturn and Jupiter
If I had a Henshin phrase it would be: Dragon Master Power! Armor Up!

A shrine without girls is like Miso Soup without the Miso - Grandpa Hino
The human body can be drained of blood in 8 seconds given adequate vaccuuming systems - River - Firefly

Rainbow
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Rainbow » Fri Jun 16, 2006 5:51 pm

Yeah, I know. Maybe he could just be captured by Galaxia? And I know this was done already (him turning evil) but it would've been an interesting factor for the Seiya/Usagi relationship if he came back evil or something.

Wait, even better idea. He tries to send her letters and emails but Galaxia cuts off all his contacts to Usagi (or maybe Japan in general)! MWAHAHAHA!! Galaxia as a hacker! (but does Sailor Moon ever try to get emails? I don't remember that being in the anime.) Like, maybe she sends electric signals to mess up the phone calls, or steals the mail.

I guess I just thought it would be an interesting way to keep that conflict and still have him be alive, although I am aware that having him be alive takes away the drama of him being dead, although it might actually be MORE dramatic if he came back (or Galaxia threw him back) and she took out his Star Seed right in front of Usagi, especially after Galaxia had been making it so that she didn't get his responses.
http://rainbow774.tripod.com/

The Realm of the Dessert Senshi. My fanfic series that is set in Crystal Tokyo and includes foreign Senshi, fat Senshi, a Senshi in a wheelchair and a magical hyrax.

*Eternal Moon*
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by *Eternal Moon* » Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:27 pm

Rainbow wrote:Well, I liked the Nehelenia Arc BECAUSE it was sooo sweet (especially where the Outers and Inners had to learn to work together).
I liked the Nehelenia arc too. They've never had a villain come back before so I was really surprised to see her again. All of the villains in the show have either been killed or turned into good people except Nehelenia (before the Stars season). It gave her story closure.

Jeff
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jeff » Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:28 am

I've heard the "Galaxia was just really mean and wanted to watch the Animamates scramble to find the star seeds," but in episode 187 (I think), in a monologue, she says that she needs to hurry up and find the star seeds.

Obviously, the Nehelenia episodes give us a "fuller" picture of her, but the problem is that it contradicts everything we know about her already. In SuperS, she is vain and obsessed with her beauty, and then a CORPSE pops up in her mirror. I always thought this was very cool, it was like she was afraid of death, and when her whole room was shrouded in cobwebs, it was showing how everything beautiful would eventually fade. To me, that seems like a cooler concept for a villain than "she had no friends :(."

And I don't think that her being sealed into the moon isn't "closure." Did Prince Dimande (sp) or Safir get closure? They were pretty much good (in the anime) but they died. We didn't need some cutesy-fruitsy episodes in the beginning of S to let everyone know they were alright.

artemis_is_my_dawg
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by artemis_is_my_dawg » Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:20 pm

the one thing i didnt like about stars was the ending. they just showed the starlights leaving, then usagi and mamoru kiss. it doesnt show what the inner sailors do, or the outer. it doesnt show if usagi and mamoru get married, nothing. so unfinished! (though i have seen pictures of usagi and mamoru's wedding did i miss something??)

Dinozore
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Dinozore » Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:47 pm

artemis_is_my_dawg wrote:(though i have seen pictures of usagi and mamoru's wedding did i miss something??)
They get married in the manga, iirc.

Also, I have to say the Stars manga isn't much better. I call it the "Senshi shooting gallery" for a reason...
"Tell my tale to those who ask... tell it truthfully, the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence..." last words of Dinobot, "Code of Hero"
"Is that a poisonous elephant in your pocket or are you happy to see me?" ~another forum
"Monster! I''''m going to collide with you indefinitely as my limbs flail wildly about!" ~NPC, Dragon Warrior VII
"I bet you were thinking how hot it would be to see Tsunade with her gates wide open, inviting you..." ~DuneMan
"To use gaming terms, Tyrannosaurus Rex was a camper--- and he pwned his prey!" ~BaronVonAwesome
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!" ~Dinobot

Umino
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Umino » Sat Jun 17, 2006 2:23 pm

The lack of wedding also pissed me off. I mean, one of the main things in Sailor Moon is the relation with Usagi and Mamoru. Throughout the series, Usagi keeps on thinking and dreaming about her wedding with Mamoru.

Sure we already know it's gonna happen one day, Chibiusa will be born, Crystal Tokyo, yada, yada, yada. But it would've been nice to see it in the end. Even ending the series with Usagi giving birth to Chibiusa (not the actual process of course...) would've been touching.

SailorMoonFan
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Sailor Stars Season

Post by SailorMoonFan » Sat Jun 17, 2006 3:25 pm

I've watched most of the episodes of the Sailor Stars season, the rest I will watch when I get the subtitled DVDS. When I first watched some of the episodes, including the last one I was hoping that we would get an ending that would end the whole series or at least close to it but I'm happy with what we got--it could have been a whole lot worse. The battle between Galaxia & Usagi was to me one of the most beautiful, poignant and memorable battles and I'm glad that Galaxia was saved. In this season we also see Haruka and Michuru as well and they are great in this season just like there were in the Sailor Moon S season. I'll talk more about Sailor Uranus and Neptune later.