Is it wrong for a 14 year old 2 go with a 19 year old?

The amazing anime that this site is dedicated to.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Sailor V
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailor V » Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:44 pm

Yes, I was talking about the dub.
Bob: People! Tiff had to put the crying Usagi banner up! Enter the contest!!! D8
Tiff: They must love making Usagi cry. ;_; poor Usagi.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bumper Sticker: A villiage in Texas is missing its idiot. Send Bush home.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The idiot of 2010: Arnold Schwarzenegger sucks ass! He killed Tookie!
Sailor V: Do not worry! We will all be good little kids and when you come back, everything will be the same. *The place burns up as soon as Tiffu leaves*
Tiff: DAMN YOU ALL.
Sailor V: I DID NOT START IT! *Hides a liter and has Dan tied up in the backroom*
Dan: Gah! Off of me and back to Bob! *replaces self with Bob and runs*
Sailor V: Wait! Come back! I cannot have you interfering with my plans to bring down the forum!

Starry Eyes
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Starry Eyes » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:28 pm

I dont think it's silly because it's an anime.. but in real life ya i ahve to agree, even though it is only 5 years which won't make a difference like if ur 19 and 24 but it does when ur only 14, huge maturity difference and such. But again this is just an anime so it's alright, and in the anime they never show mamoru and usagi do anything except kiss, which sometimes mamoru is a bit hesistant to do.

Starry Eyes
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Starry Eyes » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:30 pm

:D
Im a bit rash and a crybaby, but Im actually an agent of love and justice, pretty sailor soldier, Sailor Moon!

Slrjoecool
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by Slrjoecool » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:50 pm

<MOD MODE> Starry Eyes, please do not double post. If you need to add something to a post, please use the edit feature. Thanks!
~~ Married to my Tiffu on August 4th, 2007 ~~

Flesh may cross the portal,
and seek it’s master Death.
Life may go where Death has trod,
and challenge, like Scheherazade,
he who reigns beneath the sod,
to spare a mortal’s breath.

My Journal: Hope
Web Gallery of Michael’s Pictures

Sailor V
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailor V » Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:02 pm

-_- I just realized that I am the world's biggest hypocrite. I have a boyfriend that's a senior and I'm a freshman. He's 3 damn years older than me. I can't believe I didn't use this. This is real life. The exact same thing as the anime problem, but yet I condone that in real life, but not on the anime. I'm so goddamn stupid.
Bob: People! Tiff had to put the crying Usagi banner up! Enter the contest!!! D8
Tiff: They must love making Usagi cry. ;_; poor Usagi.
Bumper Sticker: A villiage in Texas is missing its idiot. Send Bush home.
The idiot of 2010: Arnold Schwarzenegger sucks ass! He killed Tookie!
Sailor V: Do not worry! We will all be good little kids and when you come back, everything will be the same. *The place burns up as soon as Tiffu leaves*
Tiff: DAMN YOU ALL.
Sailor V: I DID NOT START IT! *Hides a liter and has Dan tied up in the backroom*
Dan: Gah! Off of me and back to Bob! *replaces self with Bob and runs*
Sailor V: Wait! Come back! I cannot have you interfering with my plans to bring down the forum!

Starry Eyes
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Starry Eyes » Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:01 am

hey i'm sorry, won't happen again.
Im a bit rash and a crybaby, but Im actually an agent of love and justice, pretty sailor soldier, Sailor Moon!

Slrjoecool
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by Slrjoecool » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:31 am

Starry Eyes wrote:hey i'm sorry, won't happen again.
Nay a problem. Just enforcing rules and such. ^_^
~~ Married to my Tiffu on August 4th, 2007 ~~

Flesh may cross the portal,
and seek it’s master Death.
Life may go where Death has trod,
and challenge, like Scheherazade,
he who reigns beneath the sod,
to spare a mortal’s breath.

My Journal: Hope
Web Gallery of Michael’s Pictures

Dr Tomoe
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Dr Tomoe » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:49 am

If it's a true love - nevermind :)

sailor diva
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

is marmaru too old for usagi?

Post by sailor diva » Sun May 11, 2008 12:33 pm

i have been into the series for a long time but i just recently started reading the manga . i read the first page of sailor stars and freaked when i read that mamaru was in his first year of med school while usagi is just starting high school. I'm shocked! i knew he was older but not that old. i would like to see her with someone closer to her own age(maybe saiya).

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Sun May 11, 2008 12:55 pm

ADMIN MODE:

Topic merged with an already existing discussion about Mamoru and Usagi's ages.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

DreamEmpress
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by DreamEmpress » Mon May 12, 2008 4:17 am

I have to say, I do agree alot with what's already been stated. there's been a lot of good insight into cultural differences that has made things a bit more understandable. Now here's my two cents!

My first response to this was that this is a cartoon and frankly things like this don't bother me when it's only that way. Now if it was my best friend dating a guy who was in college when we're in middle school, then yes I'd have had a lot of issue with that due to the vast age difference. It always seems bigger when you're in school then when you're an adult. Not to mention, at those stages of your life, you're not going to have much in common with a guy whose already graduated when you're still struggling with 8th grade. Just on that alone it makes handling such a thing nearly impossible.

Now once your an adult, I wish you well with whoever you date. Frankly, 10 years doesn't bother me. I like older men. There's something alluring about them. except if they are 20+ years older. Then even I'm disgusted.

Now Mamoru and Usagi's relationship didn't seem so weird to me manga-wise because Usagi is 14 and Mamoru was 17. Two teenagers in love seemed natural. Three years is a lot easier to deal with then 5.

Tiff- your example about Usagi wearing Mamoru's shirt was in the Black Moon arc Act 18. It's one of my favorite U/M moments. The next one came when they were helping Chibi-usa make a grail in the S arc. He hugged Usagi and told her he didn't want her to go home. And of course all the sleeping in bed together in Supers. Frankly, ever since R, they've left me with the impression that it's a relationship of many levels.

Copperhead
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Copperhead » Thu May 15, 2008 4:44 am

I :wink: guess if both of their intentions are innocent, like usagi and momaru's were, then it's cool.

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:09 am

DreamEmpress wrote:I have to say, I do agree alot with what's already been stated. there's been a lot of good insight into cultural differences that has made things a bit more understandable. Now here's my two cents!

My first response to this was that this is a cartoon and frankly things like this don't bother me when it's only that way. Now if it was my best friend dating a guy who was in college when we're in middle school, then yes I'd have had a lot of issue with that due to the vast age difference. It always seems bigger when you're in school then when you're an adult. Not to mention, at those stages of your life, you're not going to have much in common with a guy whose already graduated when you're still struggling with 8th grade. Just on that alone it makes handling such a thing nearly impossible.

Now once your an adult, I wish you well with whoever you date. Frankly, 10 years doesn't bother me. I like older men. There's something alluring about them. except if they are 20+ years older. Then even I'm disgusted.

Now Mamoru and Usagi's relationship didn't seem so weird to me manga-wise because Usagi is 14 and Mamoru was 17. Two teenagers in love seemed natural. Three years is a lot easier to deal with then 5.

Tiff- your example about Usagi wearing Mamoru's shirt was in the Black Moon arc Act 18. It's one of my favorite U/M moments. The next one came when they were helping Chibi-usa make a grail in the S arc. He hugged Usagi and told her he didn't want her to go home. And of course all the sleeping in bed together in Supers. Frankly, ever since R, they've left me with the impression that it's a relationship of many levels.
I agree, especially of the 20+years part. 20 years older is already too far in my opinion. This reminds me of the missing woman Stacey Peterson whose husband is a little over 30 years older than her, she's in early-mid twenties and still missing.
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
I...Drink...Your...MILKSHAKE!!!-Daniel Plainview, There Will Be Blood
[email protected]#$%, you dont have a future.-The Bride, Kill Bill Vol. 2
Everybody say YATTA!!!
Whats the most youve ever lost on a coin toss?-Anton, No Country For Old Men
Dont toy with me Dr. Jones ! What is the point of all this?-Agent Irina Spalko, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Id sacrifice that bitch to satan!-Raye, Sailor Moon Abridged
I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you cant savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments-The Joker, The Dark Knight
DeviantART
AnimatedEvey12s Myspace, click if you dare!
My Blog
LJ!!!

jupiter23
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by jupiter23 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:43 am

AnimatedEvey12 wrote: I agree, especially of the 20+years part. 20 years older is already too far in my opinion. This reminds me of the missing woman Stacey Peterson whose husband is a little over 30 years older than her, she's in early-mid twenties and still missing.
I think you're thinking of another case there. Stacey Peterson's body was found, and her husband (who was found guilty of the murder and I believe sentenced to death) was not that much older than her.
Come join the party.

If the speed of light is 983,571,088 feet per second, what is the speed of dark?