The US Live Action Promo was made by Toon Makers, NOT Saban

The amazing anime that this site is dedicated to.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

HighC
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by HighC » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:27 pm

No one's really been looking at this thread but I thought I should post this.

http://www.animefringe.com/magazine/01. ... index.php3

Animefringe's interview with Toonmaker president Rocky Solotoff on their failed adaption of Sailor Moon. Basically the interviewer is a suck up and Solotoff is an idiot.

sailorperkytoot123
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by sailorperkytoot123 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:31 pm

I don't know if anyone else will find this funny, but I thought it was hilarious. This was a comment left on a YouTube video of this trailer. It's someone's explanation of how Naoko rejected the trailer and handed the rights to Sailor Moon to DiC. Enjoy!:

You know naoko saw this and was like "HELL NO GET THE F**K OUT OF MY OFFICE don't make me throw a god damn stapler at your head what they hell is wrong with you are your on crack! get out!... ok dic yes you have the rights."

(I fixed some spelling errors because I'm picky like that.) Anyways, I pictured her doing that in real life, and I almost had a fatal laughing fit. I felt the need to share this so I hope someone finds it funny!

HighC
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by HighC » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:00 am

sailorperkytoot123 wrote:I don't know if anyone else will find this funny, but I thought it was hilarious. This was a comment left on a YouTube video of this trailer. It's someone's explanation of how Naoko rejected the trailer and handed the rights to Sailor Moon to DiC. Enjoy!:

You know naoko saw this and was like "HELL NO GET THE F**K OUT OF MY OFFICE don't make me throw a god damn stapler at your head what they hell is wrong with you are your on crack! get out!... ok dic yes you have the rights."

(I fixed some spelling errors because I'm picky like that.) Anyways, I pictured her doing that in real life, and I almost had a fatal laughing fit. I felt the need to share this so I hope someone finds it funny!

The sad thing is Dic only got the rights over ToonMakers only because they were willing to bid higher over ToonMakers for the rights. If Toonmakers had bid higher we would have gotten SAILOR SAILOR MOON!

Jusenkyo no Pikachu
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jusenkyo no Pikachu » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:59 am

Question: Anyone able to form any explanation as to what the heck they were doing with sailboards?
"That new girl? She seems kinda weird to me. And what kind of name is Buffy anyway?"
"Hey, Aphrodisia!"
--unaired Buffy pilot

If you're reading this, then you've lost the game.

wink568
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by wink568 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:18 am

You know, considering how old I was at the time, I probably would have watched it, and maybe even enjoyed it.

I'm glad they gave us the original anime dubbed, but I'm kinda curious to see a whole episode of their concept.

HighC
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by HighC » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:33 pm

wink568 wrote:You know, considering how old I was at the time, I probably would have watched it, and maybe even enjoyed it.

I'm glad they gave us the original anime dubbed, but I'm kinda curious to see a whole episode of their concept.
Me too. I can't see it actually being good but.

SailorBallerinaMoon
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by SailorBallerinaMoon » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:51 pm

I think back in the day my bro would watch this.

jupiter23
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by jupiter23 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:45 pm

Jusenkyo no Pikachu wrote:Question: Anyone able to form any explanation as to what the heck they were doing with sailboards?
I think they meant it to go with the "sailor" part of the title. The idea for the sailor outfits was drawn off of school uniforms in Japan, so I think that the company that would have redone the show for the US were probably thinking that no one would get it unless they included something with sails.
Come join the party.

If the speed of light is 983,571,088 feet per second, what is the speed of dark?