Do their families & friends ever find out?

The amazing anime that this site is dedicated to.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Cardcaptor Takato
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Cardcaptor Takato » Mon Nov 03, 2003 10:05 am

Rindesayu wrote:Speaking of the manga,what utterly confused me was how they kept on adding more and more senshi and creatures who kept on saying they were the strongest beings in the galaxy/universe.Just WHO is the strongest senshi or whatever?Moon?,Saturn?,Galaxia?,Chaos?,Cosmos?,that little Guardian Fairy?,who?

Sorry if it's a stupid question,but I'm just wondering.
It's funny to read an entire thread where almost everything a person says has censored tabs. Didn't they say once during the final battle with Sailor Galaxia in the manga that Sailor Moon was at that moment, the strongest Senshi in the universe? Correct me if I'm mistaken, it's been awhile since I've read the manga.

writergirl
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by writergirl » Mon Nov 03, 2003 7:22 pm

How do you get Manga? I've been wanting to read it, but I have no idea of where to start looking.
Plug for my message board Im awful. ::Hangs head in shame::

Left here alone, and unsure of what I feel. Unclear, but I see, Just what I'm afraid of.
I can't find my way anymore. And I cannot heal the wounds I've created. I can't let let go of whats killing me
Falling from this edge, I am lost to all I know
I can't breathe anymore Somehow I'm locked inside this cage And I've tried, but I cant Fight to stay alive
Falling from this edge, I am lost to all I know Time is only Fantasy And lies, the only reverie.
I've tried But I can't fight anymore.
I've Fallen from this edge, I am lost to all I know Time is only Fantasy And lies, the only reverie.
~ Megan McCauley's "Reverie"

ParaKiss_Groupie
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by ParaKiss_Groupie » Mon Nov 03, 2003 7:58 pm

writergirl wrote:How do you get Manga? I've been wanting to read it, but I have no idea of where to start looking.
Most bookstores now carry manga. They place the Sailor Moon manga in the intermediate section in BAMM and Waldens, but I'm not sure about Barnes & Noble and B. Dalton.
"I loved you. I was a pentapod monster, but I love you. I was despicable and brutal and turpid, mais je t'aimais, je t'aimais. And there were times when I knew how you felt, and it was hell to know it. My Lolita girl, brave Dolly Schuller."
--Vladimir Nabokov, Lolita

writergirl
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by writergirl » Mon Nov 03, 2003 8:01 pm

thanks parakiss! :wink:
Plug for my message board Im awful. ::Hangs head in shame::

Left here alone, and unsure of what I feel. Unclear, but I see, Just what I'm afraid of.
I can't find my way anymore. And I cannot heal the wounds I've created. I can't let let go of whats killing me
Falling from this edge, I am lost to all I know
I can't breathe anymore Somehow I'm locked inside this cage And I've tried, but I cant Fight to stay alive
Falling from this edge, I am lost to all I know Time is only Fantasy And lies, the only reverie.
I've tried But I can't fight anymore.
I've Fallen from this edge, I am lost to all I know Time is only Fantasy And lies, the only reverie.
~ Megan McCauley's "Reverie"

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Mon Nov 03, 2003 8:22 pm

ParaKiss_Groupie wrote:
writergirl wrote:How do you get Manga? I've been wanting to read it, but I have no idea of where to start looking.
Most bookstores now carry manga. They place the Sailor Moon manga in the intermediate section in BAMM and Waldens, but I'm not sure about Barnes & Noble and B. Dalton.
Yes, Barnes and Noble does..so does Borders.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

Rainbow
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Rainbow » Sat Nov 08, 2003 3:39 pm

I wonder if Rei's grandpa knows about his granddaughter at least being a Senshi, since he's psychic? It's not like he would leer at her, or blurt that kind of information out (he seems to respect her a lot).
http://rainbow774.tripod.com/

The Realm of the Dessert Senshi. My fanfic series that is set in Crystal Tokyo and includes foreign Senshi, fat Senshi, a Senshi in a wheelchair and a magical hyrax.

Dr. Casey
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Dr. Casey » Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:26 pm

Are you kidding? And have her mother constantly worried about what could happen to her? Most mothers fear what could happen to their child (rape, murder, car accident, etc.). Could you imagine if Ikuko had those worries, AND worrying about youma and the like? She'd go crazy.
Ah, that makes sense. I wasn't sure as to why Usagi refused to transform in front of her family in episode 40. It's not like they're potential enemies or anything.

Hmm... so is Usagi's dad the only outsider she went out of her way to let know? I'm pretty sure that everyone else, Mamoru included, found out accidentally.

And not that it's entirely canon, but Ami says "I'm Sailor Mer... I mean, Ami Mizuno" to Hans in the Sailor Moon RPG. Way to go, Ami. You let your identity leak out to an extremely minor character.

Panda
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Panda » Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:42 pm

I bet Naru knows...

It would be hilarious if Ikuko knew... but then, Usagi probably would have a harder time getting out...

I haven't read any of the manga so anything I'm saying is based from the anime.

Umino
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Umino » Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:47 pm

Dr. Casey wrote:Hmm... so is Usagi's dad the only outsider she went out of her way to let know?
I believe someone else mentioned this too, when does this ever happen? I can't remeber.

I'm pretty sure Naru does know. Her little talk with Usagi at the end of SMR seems to confirm it. Actually, don't alot if minor (like one shot) characters know?

There's Ryo, Saori (Mamoru's College buddy from SMSS), Asai (he knows Minako is Venus)...

And I think a few more. I can't really remeber. >_>;

jupiter23
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by jupiter23 » Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:49 pm

Umino wrote:
Dr. Casey wrote:Hmm... so is Usagi's dad the only outsider she went out of her way to let know?
I believe someone else mentioned this too, when does this ever happen? I can't remeber.
The only time I can remember it happening at all was that one part in the manga. She outright said she was Sailor Moon, but he naturally didn't believe her. Then again, this was the Tokyopop translation I read too, so I could be wrong.

Umino
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Umino » Fri Aug 04, 2006 6:16 pm

jupiter23 wrote: The only time I can remember it happening at all was that one part in the manga. She outright said she was Sailor Moon, but he naturally didn't believe her. Then again, this was the Tokyopop translation I read too, so I could be wrong.
Thanks for the heads up.

I check some of the eariler volumes, it's in Volume Two. It's the same in Japanese, Tokyopop didn't add it in. ^_^

SailorMoonFan
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by SailorMoonFan » Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:24 pm

Umino wrote:

I'm pretty sure Naru does know. Her little talk with Usagi at the end of SMR seems to confirm it. Actually, don't alot if minor (like one shot) characters know?

There's Ryo, Saori (Mamoru's College buddy from SMSS), Asai (he knows Minako is Venus)...

And I think a few more. I can't really remeber. >_>;
I also believe that Naru knows as well. What actually made me believe that Naru knows is when she says that people always have something that they can't talk about or something like that. And that seems to confirm it right there.

naughd07
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by naughd07 » Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:32 pm

Well, in PGSM Naru knows Usagi is Sailor Moon and Motoki knows Makoto is Sailor Jupiter.

smfan423
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by smfan423 » Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:55 pm

What always seemed rediculous to me was how friends of the alternate identities of the Sailor Scouts never seem to recognize them when in Sailor form. Esp. with Serena and Amy who have very distinctive features (meatball head and bluish hair). Granted, though, it is rare for anybody to ever spend much time looking at the scouts.

Plus, the only person besides Darien to get much an extended look in the first season was Naru. And of course Naru was way too distrat over Nephlite (sp?) to be making comparisions to recognize that the "suprising" similarities between Serena and Sailor Moon.

Am I forgeting any other people in the first season who got an extended look at the one of the Sailor Scouts and knew that person in the "non-scout form"?

Panda
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Panda » Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:16 pm

Motoki? Hmmm... maybe Umino? No... err....

That is a good point though... I mean, it's easy to just blwo off Minako, Rei, Makoto, and in my opinion Ami (since apparently her hair is normal...) but usagi's hair...

Same with Chibi-Usa, alothough we don't see much of her interacting with others I think it would be interesting if Momoko and Kyusuke knew something :D

_Alexander_
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by _Alexander_ » Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:56 am

Don't forget that they really can't be recognized that easily even if they almost look the same in their soldier-form. I mean, they transformed, they didn't just change clothes you know. Some people can see similarities but cannot really be sure.

bioengineer
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by bioengineer » Sun Aug 06, 2006 9:49 am

If I remember correctly in the manga this boy who looks up to Mamoru (Asumumna I believe is his name) saw Mamoru heal himself and thought he was an alien. Later he finds out that he is TK.

Mokoti finds out the Sailor Senshi where using his cafe as a meeting place and discovers thier identites.

So yes a few people have found out they where in the company of senshi and thought it was cool.