Acquiring Sailor Moon Episodes and Movies

The amazing anime that this site is dedicated to.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Benderx
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Benderx » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:06 am

Eh, tahts no good to me, since I live in the U.K and they only ship to the US and Canada... XP

lili483
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by lili483 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:14 pm

Okay, two questions: First, does anyone know if any DVDs of Sailor Stars (with subs, of course) have ever been on sale in the United States? My friend swears she saw a Sailor Stars DVD at FYE, but seeing as she hasn't actually watched Sailor Stars yet I have this awful sinking feeling that she just saw a SuperS DVD and thought it was my beloved Stars.

Second question: Have there ever been boxed sets of dual-language Super on DVD? All of the subbed episodes on youtube have ridiculously difficult to read subs, and also there are a lot of episodes missing. I have one of the dual-language DVDs from the Super season (it's called "Heart Collection VI", or at least that's what it says on the DVD cover), but I would really like to own them all. Thanks!

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:13 pm

lili483 wrote:Okay, two questions: First, does anyone know if any DVDs of Sailor Stars (with subs, of course) have ever been on sale in the United States? My friend swears she saw a Sailor Stars DVD at FYE, but seeing as she hasn't actually watched Sailor Stars yet I have this awful sinking feeling that she just saw a SuperS DVD and thought it was my beloved Stars.
Again, Stars has NOT been picked up by any American company. It has not been officially licensed, subbed, or released. The only Stars episodes that exist are either on youtube, fansubbed, or bootlegs.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

yellow_munky
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Sailor Moon - The Movies Dream Boxed Set?

Post by yellow_munky » Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:14 pm

Has anybody been able to get this set in this time and day? I actually found one off ebay where this UK seller was selling it, but then I somebody used the buy it now and now it is gone......T-T

Do anybody knows where to get this set:

It is this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Sailor-Moon-Movie ... B00005NX1M

It is so hard....boohoo.....also has anybody had any luck getting the other U.S. uncut box set as well? I was able to find those other 4 seasons and I just need the movie boxset.......So close to being able to complete my Sailor Moon box set! X0

Yellow Munky

Aya Reiko
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Aya Reiko » Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:35 pm

I was going to say "from the resellers available through the link you provided," but the prices they want are obscene!

Unfortunately, given the age and they are out-of-print, finding any legitimate SM DVD Boxset is going to be very, very difficult.
You seem like the kind of person who'll lie.
However... this sword doesn't lie.

yellow_munky
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by yellow_munky » Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:07 pm

Yah......unfortunately.....T_T

Lightweight
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by Lightweight » Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:03 pm

DAMN, them are some nasty high prices. I remember when I got mine for about $40 (maybe more, maybe less, I can't remember). If I could, I would... help you, but I don't have the resources.

Besides, outside of the movie, you're not missing much. There's some scant extras (henshin scenes, character bios and a gallery are the most consistent among the three) and the option to go bilingual, but I almost feel the entire thing could've been fitted on a Mini-DVD.
Now listening to: Gorillaz: El Mañana

"You can teach an old dog new tricks... but you cannot teach Madonna to act."
-Yakko Warner

Officially finished watching all Sailor Moon episodes as of April 19, 2008!!!

Benderx
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Benderx » Tue May 01, 2007 3:18 pm

http://www.sailormoonshop.com/disks.html

Can anyone confirm or disconfirm how good this sites DVD's are? XP

ChibiCrystal
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Other than Rinkya...

Post by ChibiCrystal » Sun May 13, 2007 4:46 pm

I was wondering if you guys knew of any other places other than Rinkya that sell the Sailor Moon R2 DVD Boxes. I don't care much to bid on things because I usually get outbid and I just don't have that kind of money. I know there's BuyRinkya. They have the R box but you have to buy the whole set with it. I know these are extremely hard to come by but if you guys know of anything I'd greatly appreciate it! ^-^

Slrjoecool
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by Slrjoecool » Sun May 13, 2007 5:33 pm

<MOD MODE>

ChibiCrystal, please refrain from creating new topics when there are other topics of the same nature existing. Use the search functionality if you are unsure if a topic already exists.

Thanks.
~~ Married to my Tiffu on August 4th, 2007 ~~

Flesh may cross the portal,
and seek it’s master Death.
Life may go where Death has trod,
and challenge, like Scheherazade,
he who reigns beneath the sod,
to spare a mortal’s breath.

My Journal: Hope
Web Gallery of Michael’s Pictures

ChibiCrystal
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by ChibiCrystal » Sun May 13, 2007 9:45 pm

Slrjoecool wrote:<MOD MODE>

ChibiCrystal, please refrain from creating new topics when there are other topics of the same nature existing. Use the search functionality if you are unsure if a topic already exists.

Thanks.
Sorry! I actually meant to make this as a new topic. I didn't mean to put it in here. Woops :oops: , lol.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Mon May 14, 2007 11:32 am

ChibiCrystal wrote:

Thanks.
Sorry! I actually meant to make this as a new topic. I didn't mean to put it in here. Woops :oops: , lol.
ChibiCrystal, it's SUPPOSED to go in here. That's what Slrjoecool is saying. You created a new topic when it should have gone in here, because there is already a topic about finding sailor moon episodes/dvds. He moved it for you.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

ChibiCrystal
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by ChibiCrystal » Thu May 17, 2007 1:01 am

Tiff wrote:
ChibiCrystal wrote:

Thanks.
ChibiCrystal, it's SUPPOSED to go in here. That's what Slrjoecool is saying. You created a new topic when it should have gone in here, because there is already a topic about finding sailor moon episodes/dvds. He moved it for you.
Oh dear, lol. Ok, I get it now..sorry. :lol:

Anton-P
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Buying SM stuff from amazon.co.jp

Post by Anton-P » Sat May 19, 2007 7:10 pm

I have a question concerning amazon.co.jp and hope someone can help me. Apart from amazon itself, there is a lot of other sellers selling SM stuff on their site (it's listed as "buy new and used" menu item). So, while I have no difficulties ordering stuff sold by amazon, I cannot buy anything from these other sellers because they do not ship overseas (or at least to my country). Formerly jpqueen.com had a service (jpdirectory) for buying stuff from any other Japanese shop and I used it to buy some rare Sailor Moon items from amazon.co.jp but now they discontinued it.
Does anyone know other mediator company to help that? There are several mediators for Japanese auctions, but I don't know any for amazon.co.jp.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Sun May 20, 2007 5:05 pm

ADMIN MODE:

Anton-P , We already have a sticky topic about how to acquire/buy sailor moon episodes/dvds/etc.

EVERYONE:

This is like th ethird topic in a week that we've had to move into this section. PLEASE pay attention to the sticky topics we have. They're there for a reason. We're getting sick of having to move posts into the same topic over and over, when there's really no excuse for it.

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

kingofgames
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by kingofgames » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:46 pm

I've been searching ALOT on Youtube and other sites......
They've calm down on the deleting .. since no one is reporting it.

I found one person who has Every Episode of Sailor Moon (First Season) (Dubbed) In pretty good Quality on Veoh :)

Heres the link:

http://www.veoh.com/users/suadk88
Ultimate Anime Haven
Help support and join my Anime fourm
Favorite Senshi: Sailor Venus
My most over used Quote: Venus Power Makeup!

If you would like to Talk to me about anything, PM me
I just want to make friends

Current Sailor Moon Series: Sailor Moon R
Current Sailor Moon Episode: 86

artemis_is_my_dawg
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by artemis_is_my_dawg » Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:03 am

sailor-moon-stars.com
trust me, its awesome! you can get all the sailor moon boxed sets (even the first two english dubs plus the movies) for just $250. then you can buy them seperatly, and the moive boxed set is only $25. i'm not sure if these are in original cases, but i'm guessing you want the dvd's and don't care much about cover art. if you do, then i would email the people first and ask them.

Aya Reiko
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Aya Reiko » Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:45 pm

artemis_is_my_dawg wrote:sailor-moon-stars.com
trust me, its awesome! you can get all the sailor moon boxed sets (even the first two english dubs plus the movies) for just $250. then you can buy them seperatly, and the moive boxed set is only $25. i'm not sure if these are in original cases, but i'm guessing you want the dvd's and don't care much about cover art. if you do, then i would email the people first and ask them.
Bootlegs.

Don't bother with them.

Just download them from places like Animesuki or find a friend with a good connection who'll burn then to DVD/CD for you.
You seem like the kind of person who'll lie.
However... this sword doesn't lie.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:39 pm

Aya Reiko wrote: Bootlegs.

Don't bother with them.

Just download them from places like Animesuki or find a friend with a good connection who'll burn then to DVD/CD for you.
and we've been through this before. A lot of people buy and enjoy bootlegs.

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

jupiter23
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by jupiter23 » Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:08 pm

Tiff wrote:
Aya Reiko wrote: Bootlegs.

Don't bother with them.

and we've been through this before. A lot of people buy and enjoy bootlegs.
Aside from the fact that they could still be considered bootlegs if someone burns a downloaded copy onto a DVD or CD for you.
Come join the party.

If the speed of light is 983,571,088 feet per second, what is the speed of dark?