Acquiring Sailor Moon Episodes and Movies

The amazing anime that this site is dedicated to.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

corza-chan
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by corza-chan » Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:03 am

I culdnt find another thread that said anything about finding Sailor Moon episodes and movies, so here is my reply.

Season 1 dubbed:
http://www.boxtorrents.com/details.php?id=11869

Season 2 dubbed:
http://www.boxtorrents.com/details.php?id=11954

Season 3 bilingual:
http://www.boxtorrents.com/details.php?id=11762

Season 4 bilingual:
http://www.boxtorrents.com/details.php?id=128169

Sailor Moon Movies bilingual:
http://www.boxtorrents.com/details.php?id=129148

Season 1 subbed:
http://www.boxtorrents.com/details.php?id=128201

Season 2 subbed:
http://www.boxtorrents.com/details.php?id=11553

Specials subbed:
http://www.boxtorrents.com/details.php?id=127025

Sailor Stars subbed:
http://a.scarywater.net/live-evil/

Stars is still being subbed from the new remastered DVD rips from Japan, so the Live-Evil are only up to 169. If you type in "Sailor Stars" for the search bar on the far right hand side of the page, it will give u torrents for episodes 167-175. More are released every couple of months, but they are worth the wait. They are excellent quality!

All above links are torrent files, so if you do not own a torrent software yet, you can visit uTorrent for a freeware software:
http://www.utorrent.com/download.php

These do not contain viruses or any type of spyware.

Also if u want a great media player which allows to change over from audio tracks and subtitles just like watchin a DVD, there is also this free player, VLC Media PLayer for Windows and Mac.
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

Enjoy!!
Check out my Sailor Moon Universe:
http://www.sailormoon-universe.com

Dr. Casey
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Dr. Casey » Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:02 pm

wolphiexxxx has been suspended from YouTube. You know, because Sailor Moon rakes in so much money these days. It's pretty sad since she just wanted to bring all 200 episodes to Sailor Moon fans.

corza-chan
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by corza-chan » Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:31 pm

well how else r people going to be able to see the series especially since Japan wont let it be released in the US (or Australia) etc again. :(
Check out my Sailor Moon Universe:
http://www.sailormoon-universe.com

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:47 pm

...buy it?

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

BlazingFire456
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Sailor Season 1 and 2 uncut boxset from ADV question.

Post by BlazingFire456 » Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:41 pm

Hi. I ended up buying these crappy bootlegs which I regret. So I want to buy the officials. I just have one questions though. I heard that ADV fixed a video problem in one of the episodes in season 1. I heard they fixed something else in season 2.

My question is is there anyway to tell the difference between the old version and the fixed version by looking at the box. I notice that certain ones have a white Usagi on them, and others have a shiny silver Usagi on them. Does that have anything to do with it?

Thanks.

Aya Reiko
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Aya Reiko » Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:48 pm

I'm trying to wrangle your question for the moment... Better yet, I'll just try to find a pic of the ADV sets. But good luck finding them, they've been out of print for awhile.

Here's a listing for R

The Classic box is similar, with a different silloette on the front and back (henshin pose, I think) and different pictures on the spine (I think it was Luna and Artemis).
You seem like the kind of person who'll lie.
However... this sword doesn't lie.

BlazingFire456
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by BlazingFire456 » Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:58 pm

Yea, that's the one with the white Usagi.

This is the silver Usagi:

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:56 am

ADMIN MODE:

This belongs in the Acquiring Sailor Moon episodes thread.

And BlazingFire456, you have posted without inputting your birthday. User banned.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

Princess Latona
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Princess Latona » Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:25 pm

After reading about bootlegs and such on the different sites, I realized that I too have the bootleg copies of Sailor Moon/SM R. I also realised the copies of the movies, S, and SS I'm purchasing may also likely be bootlegs.

Honestly? I'm not sure what to think. I hate not supporting Toei with these purchases, the folks who created such a great series for us to watch. However, as it's been a while since these sets were even out, how else can we get affordable Sailor Moon? As someone who barely makes enough to cover college costs, transportation expenses, and bills, paying $100+ for anime sets isn't always an option.

To me, it's quite a dilemma. I dislike that I'm supporting piracy with these sets, but at the same time, there really aren't any other (affordable) options out there. :(

Starscream
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by Starscream » Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:29 pm

Princess Latona wrote:After reading about bootlegs and such on the different sites, I realized that I too have the bootleg copies of Sailor Moon/SM R. I also realised the copies of the movies, S, and SS I'm purchasing may also likely be bootlegs.

Honestly? I'm not sure what to think. I hate not supporting Toei with these purchases, the folks who created such a great series for us to watch. However, as it's been a while since these sets were even out, how else can we get affordable Sailor Moon? As someone who barely makes enough to cover college costs, transportation expenses, and bills, paying $100+ for anime sets isn't always an option.

To me, it's quite a dilemma. I dislike that I'm supporting piracy with these sets, but at the same time, there really aren't any other (affordable) options out there. :(
I wouldn't worry too much about it. Even with everyone who DID buy the originals supporting them, Toei gave us crappy masters, refused to release Sailorstars, and now has pulled many, if not all, of their properties that they were releasing here in the US. So don't feel bad for Toei; they seem to hate the rest of the world regardless of how much the rest of the world loves their shows :/
- David Graña

<3 Happily Married to Jennifer since July 16, 2005 <3

"Conquest is made from the ashes of one’s enemies" - Starscream
My Livejournal.

Judge: "Yes. What? You say if I testify I’ll be killed? Oh. It’s for you." (hands the phone to Fry)
Roberto: (On the phone) "And the other hamburger will also be made of your lungs. So long, pal."
Fry: "I refuse to testify on the grounds that my organs will be chopped up into a patty."
Judge: "Ah, the 67th Amendment."
Futurama, Insane in the Mainframe

Leela’s (former) boss: "Oh my various gods!"
Futurama, How Hermes Requisitioned his Groove Back

Princess Latona
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Princess Latona » Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:45 pm

Starscream wrote:
I wouldn't worry too much about it. Even with everyone who DID buy the originals supporting them, Toei gave us crappy masters, refused to release Sailorstars, and now has pulled many, if not all, of their properties that they were releasing here in the US. So don't feel bad for Toei; they seem to hate the rest of the world regardless of how much the rest of the world loves their shows :/
I remember reading the editorials about the ADV sets. It really is too bad Toei doesn't seem to appreciate their international fanbase. I wonder why they would pull their licenses, though? Surely they realize they're shooting themselves in the collective foot by doing so.

I think part of why I feel a tinge of guilt comes because I'm a bit too honest for my own good. I've grown to dislike buying things that don't support the original creators, but in a case like this, the fact the originals weren't a whole lot better complicates matters some.

DragonMasterZero
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by DragonMasterZero » Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:27 pm

I'd be more for supporting Naoko Takeuchi than Toei. My goal as soon as I learn Japanese (in progress, just started my first semester of it, apparently there's 3 semesters worth before you're considered Fluent) I will be buying the entire R2 series.

I just realized this is rather off topic so www.sailormooncenter.net......
Favorite Senshi: Saturn and Jupiter
If I had a Henshin phrase it would be: Dragon Master Power! Armor Up!

A shrine without girls is like Miso Soup without the Miso - Grandpa Hino
The human body can be drained of blood in 8 seconds given adequate vaccuuming systems - River - Firefly

SailorMoonFan
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by SailorMoonFan » Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:29 pm

If anyone is interested I just found a link on Youtube.com and there is a clip that compares the dub and sub of one of the Sailor Moon episodes in the "R" season. There is a side-by-side comparison and it just goes to show you how the original is way better, more emotional and more of a masterpiece then the dub. Here is the link to it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_aaaO202qk
Current Sailor Moon Season watched: Re-watching Sailor Moon Classic
Episode 15: "Usagi is Frantic! Rei''s First Date"

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:39 pm

SailorMoonFan
If anyone is interested I just found a link on Youtube.com and there is a clip that compares the dub and sub of one of the Sailor Moon episodes in the "R" season. There is a side-by-side comparison and it just goes to show you how the original is way better, more emotional and more of a masterpiece then the dub. Here is the link to it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_aaaO202qk
Ha! I like how the video says "The dubbed version was aimed at young children. The ORIGINAL version was aimed at young adults."

'Cause, you know, it's common practice to make little doll playsets, pink plastic cash register machines, and 4-foot tall costumes for a show that's targeted to people 16 to 25.

(FYI, I totally recommend checking out the site I linked. There's actually some really cool Sailormoon toys that were made)
Peachvampiress has an account on DeviantArt. Insanity Within.
And a Myspace account for her clothing designs.

"A number of times, the only thing that kept me out of a satin box was that I could size up the other guy maybe half a second quicker than he could me."

"What the fuck are you talking about? You're taped to a chair."
~Suicide Kings

Sailorasteroid
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Sailorasteroid » Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:16 pm

I liked that that video found so many bad dubbing decisions in such a short, continuous sequence. But I found the general production values lacking. The SMU comparisons do a lot better job even without visual examples.
Things I think Are Funny Early in the Morning: If Batman were a Smurf: "Quick, Robin! We must smurf down to the Batcave and smurf the Batplane! Then we must smurf the batsmurf so we can smurf where the Joker is smurfing!"

The Croonerism Spate (explanations upon request)
Be careful with this one, there is a bit of a pun involved. Dr. Spooner described his visit to a castle: "In the center of the fortress was the Palace Court. The gated entrance to this area was the court palace."

Users whose sigs my quotes have made (now in two columns)
Tempest___________________Peachvampiress (I think)
Sylphiel (twice!)____________Neon Heart
RoastedTwinkies (long ago)___Alexclow345
Seiusa____________________Nehelenia`s Crazy Fangirl

I <3 all you guys!

SailorMoonFan
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by SailorMoonFan » Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:26 am

Sailorasteroid wrote:I liked that that video found so many bad dubbing decisions in such a short, continuous sequence. But I found the general production values lacking. The SMU comparisons do a lot better job even without visual examples.
Sailorasteroid, I agree with you. NOTHING can beat the SMU comparsions on this website. And I thank the ones who took their time and watched and compared both dubs and subs and made their comparisons. It must have took a lot of work! But like in that video (from the website that I just gave to you), it goes to show you that if so many errors, mistakes and changes are in that short sequence, then imagine how many errors and mistakes that we are watching in the dub and how many changes there are. The original is a masterpiece in comparison to the dub.
Current Sailor Moon Season watched: Re-watching Sailor Moon Classic
Episode 15: "Usagi is Frantic! Rei''s First Date"

mykaitiebug
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

new to sailor moon-have question

Post by mykaitiebug » Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:38 pm

I wanna buy some dvd's of sailor moon, but dont want the cartoon network version, what are my options? Thanx for the advice!

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:59 pm

ADMIN MODE:

There is already a topic about acquiring sailor moon episodes and movies. Post merged there.

Also, you need to put your birthday into your profile, and failure to do so before activating your account results in a two week ban.

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

ERIC11940
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by ERIC11940 » Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:00 pm

Sailor Universe's Sailor Moon site has been moved. You can find it at a new site.

http://k1anime.com/index.php

naughd07
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by naughd07 » Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:50 am

Not sure where to put this, but I was planning on ordering two official Myu DVDs this week and I was wondering which ones you'd recommend out of these -

Mugen Gakuen Mistress Labyrinth
Mugen Gakuen Mistress Labyrinth Kaiteiban
Starlights Ryuusei Densetsu
Kakyuu Ouhi Kourin
Shin Kaguya Shima Densetsu
Shin Kaguya Shima Densetsu Kaiteiban

So yeah, if anyone could, please help me pick out two dvd's i should order. Thanks!