Acquiring Sailor Moon Episodes and Movies

The amazing anime that this site is dedicated to.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Kasumi
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Kasumi » Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:14 am

Sorry if I'm interrupting, but:

Does someone want to see some french Sailor Moon episodes? I got a site here, for you. HOPEFULLY, it hasn't been mentioned already, here ya go:

http://sandy77.free.fr/episodes.htm

They are also in .rm format. So you'll need RealPlayer. They have a relatively good quality. There's an episode for almost every season. They are rotating once in a while.

And for those who would like to hear the german voices:

http://www.sailor-princess.de.vu

The navigation is on the left, so scroll down to the end of the page, there a section "MEDIA", just go to "Episoden" and there's the first episode of classic ready for you ^^ It's an .avi file, that you can download via RapidShare.

I hope this helped some people ^^ It's always fun to listen to foreign Sailor Moon. I know the german ones already, but the French ones cracked me up. I laughed so hard...
...Qui sême le vent, récolte la tempête...

ERIC11940
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by ERIC11940 » Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:53 pm

Anyone know a site were I can download A Sailor moon S episode dubed in english?

neoqueenserenity
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by neoqueenserenity » Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:44 pm

Episodes 71-80 on himura-KAORU.com are not available. IF anyone knows where I could find these please let me know

smfan423
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by smfan423 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:26 pm

Hey, Thanks a million guys. :D

I've been looking on-line pretty thoroughly for the past several nights and have been unable to find the SM episodes I wanted either online or on DVD. And low and behold, the links I needed were right at the start of my SM searching.

Oh the irony. :roll:

Awesome and thanks again. :D

*KEEP-SM-ALIVE*
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

The exact meaning of uncut...

Post by *KEEP-SM-ALIVE* » Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:46 pm

Okay, so I'm expecting my Sailor Moon DVD some time soon and it says "complete and uncut"...what do they mean exactly? How much more is included in the uncut version than the original...drastic changes? (for the better of course :wink: ) Because all though most fans like the sub there are dub fans who are hoping for the same japanese quality only in english.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Re: The exact meaning of uncut...

Post by Tiff » Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:48 pm

*KEEP-SM-ALIVE* wrote:Okay, so I'm expecting my Sailor Moon DVD some time soon and it says "complete and uncut"...what do they mean exactly? How much more is included in the uncut version than the original...drastic changes? (for the better of course :wink: ) Because all though most fans like the sub there are dub fans who are hoping for the same japanese quality only in english.
...I..don't know how better to explain the term "uncut". It means that there were no cuts made to the show. Its shown in original format, with subtitles.

And if you want to know what's left out, visit our site. =P You are here, after all.

ADMIN MODE:

This can easily go under the "acquiring sm episodes" thread. I'm merging it there. Please pay attention to the threads we already have, especially the stickies.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

Musashi
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Musashi » Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:14 pm

The dub you see on TV is the sliced and diced cut up one. The dub you get on the uncut DVDs doesn't have alterations in the VIDEO, but the soundtrack is still the same old cut up one with all its changes. So you could see an obviously male Fisheye, but he is still called a she. The uncut DVDs with the Japanese audio is completely uncut and as it was menat to be watched. -nod- The subs shouldn't have any edits, but they might call things by their dub names or get some names wrong... but they aren't changing the meaning of anything like the dub. -nod-

^^; Aaaand Tiff probably said half what I said in a much shorter easier way to understand.

There is no actually uncut and complete dub, though. The same changes in dialogue are still there, so if you want the original, you'll have to make do with subs because the series will probably never be redubbed.
My Art - My LiveJournal

Zeta from Bulbagarden. xD
>>>Lucario learns a move called "Tonbogaeri". This is a move in Judo feauturing a kick to the groin. Yes, they''ve actually made "Kick Him in the Nuts" an attack. It should SO do 150% more damage to male Pokemon. XD

Umino
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Re: The exact meaning of uncut...

Post by Umino » Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:54 pm

*KEEP-SM-ALIVE* wrote:Okay, so I'm expecting my Sailor Moon DVD some time soon and it says "complete and uncut"...what do they mean exactly? How much more is included in the uncut version than the original...drastic changes? (for the better of course :wink: ) Because all though most fans like the sub there are dub fans who are hoping for the same japanese quality only in english.
The uncut Geneon/ADV DVDs are completely uncut. The only thing that's missing are the next episode previews. Problemly because Toei didn't give include them.

kingofgames
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by kingofgames » Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:58 pm

IT seems like downloading from himura-KAORU.com is down right now ...otherwise, its just me

Heres another site I found:
http://www.animesuki.com/

and this one was probalby already posted.. IDK but:
http://www.xanga.com/SMFAN123
Ultimate Anime Haven
Help support and join my Anime fourm
Favorite Senshi: Sailor Venus
My most over used Quote: Venus Power Makeup!

If you would like to Talk to me about anything, PM me
I just want to make friends

Current Sailor Moon Series: Sailor Moon R
Current Sailor Moon Episode: 86

SailorMoonFan
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by SailorMoonFan » Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:54 pm

I'm currently getting the Sailor Moon R, S, and SuperS DVDS and I found the collection on www.ccvideo.com and here is the link to it: http://www.ccvideo.com/item.cfm?itemid=PIO011607

But I have a question: Does the DVD Cover indicate that it's a bootleg?

Starscream
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by Starscream » Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:56 pm

SailorMoonFan wrote:I'm currently getting the Sailor Moon R, S, and SuperS DVDS and I found the collection on www.ccvideo.com and here is the link to it: http://www.ccvideo.com/item.cfm?itemid=PIO011607

No, that's the cover that Pioneer used for their boxes, so unless someone just ripped the cover off completely, it looks legit.
- David Graña

<3 Happily Married to Jennifer since July 16, 2005 <3

"Conquest is made from the ashes of one’s enemies" - Starscream
My Livejournal.

Judge: "Yes. What? You say if I testify I’ll be killed? Oh. It’s for you." (hands the phone to Fry)
Roberto: (On the phone) "And the other hamburger will also be made of your lungs. So long, pal."
Fry: "I refuse to testify on the grounds that my organs will be chopped up into a patty."
Judge: "Ah, the 67th Amendment."
Futurama, Insane in the Mainframe

Leela’s (former) boss: "Oh my various gods!"
Futurama, How Hermes Requisitioned his Groove Back

SailorMoonFan
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by SailorMoonFan » Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:05 pm

Starscream wrote:
SailorMoonFan wrote:I'm currently getting the Sailor Moon R, S, and SuperS DVDS and I found the collection on www.ccvideo.com and here is the link to it: http://www.ccvideo.com/item.cfm?itemid=PIO011607

No, that's the cover that Pioneer used for their boxes, so unless someone just ripped the cover off completely, it looks legit.
I looked at another cover of the same DVD set and it has on the front cover the four Sailor Senshi (the Inners) and not Sailor Moon and Chibimoon like the DVD box on CCVideo.com has. Unless there are two editions with different box set covers.

Starscream
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by Starscream » Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:53 pm

SailorMoonFan wrote:
Starscream wrote:

I looked at another cover of the same DVD set and it has on the front cover the four Sailor Senshi (the Inners) and not Sailor Moon and Chibimoon like the DVD box on CCVideo.com has. Unless there are two editions with different box set covers.
That's actually the other side of the box, with the opening on the left. The spine has part of Super Sailor Moon on it, and she wraps a bit onto the other side where Chibi-Usa is.

EDIT: SMU has a nice section showing all 3 sides of the box here =D
- David Graña

<3 Happily Married to Jennifer since July 16, 2005 <3

"Conquest is made from the ashes of one’s enemies" - Starscream
My Livejournal.

Judge: "Yes. What? You say if I testify I’ll be killed? Oh. It’s for you." (hands the phone to Fry)
Roberto: (On the phone) "And the other hamburger will also be made of your lungs. So long, pal."
Fry: "I refuse to testify on the grounds that my organs will be chopped up into a patty."
Judge: "Ah, the 67th Amendment."
Futurama, Insane in the Mainframe

Leela’s (former) boss: "Oh my various gods!"
Futurama, How Hermes Requisitioned his Groove Back

SailorMoonFan
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by SailorMoonFan » Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:15 am

Does anyone know about this particular DVD Collection? It's called the "Sailor Moon World Movie Series DVD Collection". This is the website: http://www.thisisanime.com/shop/shop_go ... _code=6499

Thanks.

Dr. Casey
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Dr. Casey » Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:42 am

That's a bootleg.

Takanori-chan
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Where to find - Dreaming Moon and/or Wonderful World of SMS

Post by Takanori-chan » Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:44 am

Does anyone know of a site that may have some way of downloading either or both Dreaming Moon and the Wonderful World of Sailor Moon S? I know that there was a laser disc release of Dreaming Moon/Make-Up! Sailor Senshi, so it is feasable that someone has a copy that may be shared with fans.

Anyway I would really like to see all I can that was made relating to the anime. I have been lucky enough to find bittorrents of ep. 67, make-up!.., ami-chan.., supers special.

Any leads would be great.
Last edited by Takanori-chan on Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
:shock:

Umino
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Umino » Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:14 pm

The Make Up! Sailor Senshi!! special was released on the Sailor Moon R Movie DVD (region 2). If I remeber correctly, the group TV-Nihon subbed it. I wouldn't be surprised if someone Youtube'd it.

No clue about the Wondeful World of SMS. I think it was just a public thing with the seiyuu or something.

Takanori-chan
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Takanori-chan » Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:12 pm

I knew about the release of make-up sailor senshi, but I was asking about Dreaming Moon. - you know the Christmas event with the seiyuu in which make-up sailor senshi was a part of.

As well I'd like to emphasize the fact that I do not speak Japanese and need english subtitles.

I've now edited my original post to highlight what I'm looking for to prevent confusion in the future.
:shock:

Umino
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Umino » Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:11 pm

Oh my mistake. I thought Dreaming Moon was the shame as Make Up! Sailor Senshi!. Sorry about that.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:26 pm

ADMIN MODE:

We have a thread dedicated to finding sailor moon episodes/movies/OAVs/etc. Topic is merged. Please pay attention to the topics beforep osting.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~