Acquiring Sailor Moon Episodes and Movies

The amazing anime that this site is dedicated to.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:05 pm

jupiter23 wrote:
Aside from the fact that they could still be considered bootlegs if someone burns a downloaded copy onto a DVD or CD for you.
That, and the fact that BOTH forms are illegal, so it really doens't matter.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

Aya Reiko
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Aya Reiko » Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:05 am

Tiff wrote:
jupiter23 wrote:
Aside from the fact that they could still be considered bootlegs if someone burns a downloaded copy onto a DVD or CD for you.
That, and the fact that BOTH forms are illegal, so it really doens't matter.
However, there's no need to pay for them (especially that much money) when you can get the exact same thing for free, aside from internet connection costs.
You seem like the kind of person who'll lie.
However... this sword doesn't lie.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:48 am

Aya Reiko wrote: However, there's no need to pay for them (especially that much money) when you can get the exact same thing for free, aside from internet connection costs.
...which may be your preference. We've been through the whole bootleg/download/VCD debate before. This is not the place for that. Please drop it, and get back on topic.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

sailorperkytoot123
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by sailorperkytoot123 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:47 pm

sailor53 wrote:If you want a good subtitled version of Sailor Stars on DVD try this site. They use the Region 2 DVDs as their video source and have removable subtitles. The only season they don't have available at the moment is SuperS.
I ordered the first season from this website (OmegaPin) almost 2 weeks ago and still have not received the DVDs. I know I should be patient but I find it ridiculous that there is no notification of the availability of the different sets. Please, if anyone has ordered from here tell me how long you had to wait or if you're still waiting how long have you been waiting. Also, I was wondering if anyone could tell me about the quality of the DVDs and if the subtitles are accurate enough (and if they show up unlike some of my bootlegs). I'm dying to have these and when it says 2-3 day shipping for US it gets me excited but apparently it takes like 10+ days to fill an order. So if you have a heart, please help me out! Hell, if you don't have heart help me anyway! Thanks!

michikodesu
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by michikodesu » Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:10 pm

Has anyone noticed now that if you go on any of the sites to buy anime (rightstuf, anime castle, ADV, etc....) you cannot find any Sailor Moon items? Even the dubbed versions!! Will they not release anymore for retail, I wonder?
GAZ: I m only thirteen levels away from finishing this game. So I either finish my game or make you wish I was never born!!

jupiter23
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by jupiter23 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:56 pm

michikodesu wrote:Has anyone noticed now that if you go on any of the sites to buy anime (rightstuf, anime castle, ADV, etc....) you cannot find any Sailor Moon items? Even the dubbed versions!! Will they not release anymore for retail, I wonder?
About the only place you'll find Sailor Moon stuff anymore on the internet (or anywhere for that matter) will be on eBay. Sailor Moon long ago lost it's license in all parts of the world. And it's not likely to return to the international market anytime soon.
Come join the party.

If the speed of light is 983,571,088 feet per second, what is the speed of dark?

michikodesu
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by michikodesu » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:42 pm

*sigh* why do all the good things have to go?

My friend in Japan told me to just send him some money and he'll get whatever i wanted.......not complaining because then it'll be the untampered with versions (played on a region-free dvd player of course).

I'm all about getting the bootleg version of SailorStars though!!!
GAZ: I m only thirteen levels away from finishing this game. So I either finish my game or make you wish I was never born!!

Arius
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Arius » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:20 pm

KKA is releasing Fansubs of the classic metaseries. so far eps 35 out of 46 have been released.

http://www.kickassanime.org/phpBB3/view ... ?f=4&t=206

ps: each ep is 200-300 mb per episode.

sailorperkytoot123
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by sailorperkytoot123 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:10 am

Hello, I was wondering if anyone ever purchased the PGSM DVD's from animedivxonline.com, and if so how was the quality (video, audio, subtitles)? I have a bootleg of PGSM (the one with "Queen Berry" if anyone knows of it) and the video and audio quality is not so great and the subtitles are quite awful, in fact they seem like they were made by someone who doesn't even fluently speak English. I could probably deal with low quality sound and video, but I personally need subtitles that are at least grammaticaly correct. If anyone can give me info about their DVD's it's much appreciated! Thank you!

Aya Reiko
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Aya Reiko » Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:42 pm

sailorperkytoot123 wrote:Hello, I was wondering if anyone ever purchased the PGSM DVD's from animedivxonline.com, and if so how was the quality (video, audio, subtitles)? I have a bootleg of PGSM (the one with "Queen Berry" if anyone knows of it) and the video and audio quality is not so great and the subtitles are quite awful, in fact they seem like they were made by someone who doesn't even fluently speak English. I could probably deal with low quality sound and video, but I personally need subtitles that are at least grammaticaly correct. If anyone can give me info about their DVD's it's much appreciated! Thank you!
The subs are probably not that good, and probably not worth the money or time to get them.

How good is your internet connection? If it's good enough, you can get them here with far better subs w/o paying a cent:

http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/262.html
You seem like the kind of person who'll lie.
However... this sword doesn't lie.

sailorperkytoot123
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by sailorperkytoot123 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:29 pm

Aya Reiko wrote:
sailorperkytoot123 wrote:Hello, I was wondering if anyone ever purchased the PGSM DVD's from animedivxonline.com, and if so how was the quality (video, audio, subtitles)? I have a bootleg of PGSM (the one with "Queen Berry" if anyone knows of it) and the video and audio quality is not so great and the subtitles are quite awful, in fact they seem like they were made by someone who doesn't even fluently speak English. I could probably deal with low quality sound and video, but I personally need subtitles that are at least grammaticaly correct. If anyone can give me info about their DVD's it's much appreciated! Thank you!
The subs are probably not that good, and probably not worth the money or time to get them.

How good is your internet connection? If it's good enough, you can get them here with far better subs w/o paying a cent:

http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/262.html
I was hoping I could find PGSM DVD's with good subtitles, but I guess it just wasn't meant to be. Thank you for help! Getting the episodes from there is definitely better than not seeing them at all. Thanks!

Cardcaptor Takato
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Cardcaptor Takato » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:59 pm

I wasn't sure if I should post a new thread about this, so I hope it's ok to post it in this thread, but why is Warner Bros. music suddenly removing dub Sailor Moon episodes from youtube? They first started out removing the audio from the files but they kept the video uploaded and now they're removing entire files. As far as I'm aware, they haven't gone after sub episodes any. I was just wondering why it was Warner Bros doing it since other than them owning Cartoon Network, I don't recall them having any involvement in owning the license to Sailor Moon. And didn't Sailor Moon's license expire in the U.S. anyway so why are they going after a show that isn't even licensed in the U.S. anymore? I could understand Toei demanding the episodes to be removed but I can't understand why Warner Bros would when they don't have the rights to it any.
"If we can''t comprehend the plan at hand, how could a higher plan make any more sense? I'd say you can only be a martyr if you know what you are dying for, and choose it"-Elphaba

"Those who made mistakes blame themselves and close their hearts. It's impossible to fix a mistake. Man can't return to the past. That's why we drink. Drunks, lushes, sliding alcohol down their throats to dilute the memories that can't be denied.-Vash The Stampede"