Thanks DiC. =P

The amazing anime that this site is dedicated to.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Sailormars Obsessed fan
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailormars Obsessed fan » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:04 am

if it wasn't for DIC and the dub of sailormoon not only would I not be at this forum right now I never would have met any of my current friends.

So I can honestly say Thank you DIC
"The great library of Willendorf, filled with dull tomes of trite accounts by pompous historians about matters that could not possibly be of interest to anyone but themselves." Kain -- Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

Princess Latona
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Princess Latona » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:42 pm

Count me as another one with genuine praise for DiC. If it weren't for them, I wouldn't have made the connection between my childhood anime loves and my current anime love. When I was a kid, I used to watch anime without realizing it. The Disney Channel often showed the two dubbed Unico movies, and I would watch them without knowing they were anime. (There were other animes I would watch without realizing they were anime, but that's the most readily-remembered example).

I caught Sailor Moon the Spring Break before I turned 14, and loved it. My older sister mentioned it reminded her of the old Unico movies we used to watch together, I looked into things, and linked my past anime love with my current one.

So thanks, DiC, for reminding me I've loved anime since I was a little kid. Now get outta here and learn to do better dubs. :P
What is life? What if all it is is God playing a game of The Sims? Or even his own version of Final Fantasy? ~Me

Ravynsoul90
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Ravynsoul90 » Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:34 am

3 Simple words:
Moon Cosmic Dreamaction

4 words, but apprently 3...

THANKS DiC!

:P

But honestly if it wasnt for them we wouldnt know about it.. thats their ONLY saving grace.
So Sorry, Usagi-chan! We will take your energy after the wedding as your Wedding Gift to us okay? :D - Kuroki Mio(PGSM)

Must... Kill... BILL!!!!

Move your goddamn big toe..

"What a time we live in, anger, intolerence, famine, terrorism.. Just imagin what its gunna be like for your grandchildren"
- My English Teacher O.O

HighC
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by HighC » Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:55 pm

Ravynsoul90 wrote:3 Simple words:
Moon Cosmic Dreamaction

THANKS DiC!

But honestly if it wasnt for them we wouldnt know about it.. thats their ONLY saving grace.

Wasn't that Cloverway?

Ravynsoul90
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Ravynsoul90 » Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:57 pm

HighC wrote:
Ravynsoul90 wrote:3 Simple words:
Moon Cosmic Dreamaction

THANKS DiC!

Wasn't that Cloverway?
Oh damn xD Yes, it was..... Welll then... for DiC

Thanks for capturing the Senshi isntead of killing them.... goddamn DiC made it stupid and no one knows the pain Usagi went through before that battle
So Sorry, Usagi-chan! We will take your energy after the wedding as your Wedding Gift to us okay? :D - Kuroki Mio(PGSM)

Must... Kill... BILL!!!!

Move your goddamn big toe..

"What a time we live in, anger, intolerence, famine, terrorism.. Just imagin what its gunna be like for your grandchildren"
- My English Teacher O.O

sailor_moon_R
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by sailor_moon_R » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:42 pm

DiC: You're welcome. *giggleteeheegiggle*
DiC: Now, let us watch some good, old fashioned, Chopped up Sailor Moon
Me: Great............. *sarcasm*

Anyway.... back on topic before a mod gets me....
DiC taught me that anything can be butchered and nearly killed, but can just barely survive. They also taught me that the Japanese are *evil* and their writing is *evil*
My favourite Cardcaptor Sakura quote *contains spoilers*:

Sakura: I love you Yukito-san!
Yukito: I love you too, but the one you love most isn''t me.
Sakura: *looks confused*
Yukito: You love your father right?
Sakura: Yes.
Yukito: And what about me?
Sakura: I love you.
Yukito: Aren''t the feelings quite similar?
Sakura: *realizes* They are. You have known for awhile haven''t you?
Yukito: Yes, you have always loved me as if I were a part of your family and I am grateful for that.
Sakura: Is there someone you love?
Yukito: Yes
Sakura: Is it..brother? (Touya)
Yukito: *eyes widen and then he smiles* Yes, I don''''t know what I would do without Toya. He made sure I didn''''t disappear.
Sakura: I''m sure he loves you too! He did everything to make sure you didn''t disappear! But if brother ever does anything to hurt my dearest Yukito-san, I will teacher him a lesson!
Yukito: *puts hand on her cheek* Thank you, Sakura-chan. When you find the one you love, if he ever hurts you, I will teach him a lesson.

Elanorea
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Elanorea » Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:33 am

Well, I'd like to genuinely thank DiC for dubbing the show so that this site can exist :)
Otherwise I wouldn't have much sympathy for them, since the DiC dub was not what got me into Sailor Moon and I don't have any fond childhood memories of it.

As for the sarcastic thanking...
- those attack names... seriously, what was up with that? They were already in English! At least DiC was mostly consistent, while Cloverway seemingly had different attack names every episode.
- another thing somewhat related to attacks, changing Akuryo Taisan to Mars Fireball Charge was stupid, I'm not saying they should've kept it in Japanese, but referring to Mars in the name was stupid, it had nothing to do with Rei being Sailor Mars and she could do it in civilian form
- the name Lita... the rest of the name-changes weren't so bad, but "lita" means "bitch" in Estonian, and when I saw they'd changed Jupiter's name to that, I didn't know whether to laugh or cry XD I'm not saying they should've known this or not changed the name, but it's just something that annoys me personally.
- the god-awful voice acting... I tried watching an episode of the DiC dub and couldn't get halfway through it... I couldn't even understand most of what the characters were saying! (and I can generally understand people speaking in English, in movies and real life)

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:31 am

Thank you DiC for introducing me to this lovely anime....only to find out years later that this lovely anime was butchered to pieces, thanks to you DiC.

Well, I didn't exactly found out years later. But I bought a Spanish comic book that had episode 46 with the Senshi deaths and everything. That's how I found out about DiC's butchering

Thanks DiC for ruining great art.
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
I...Drink...Your...MILKSHAKE!!!-Daniel Plainview, There Will Be Blood
[email protected]#$%, you dont have a future.-The Bride, Kill Bill Vol. 2
Everybody say YATTA!!!
Whats the most youve ever lost on a coin toss?-Anton, No Country For Old Men
Dont toy with me Dr. Jones ! What is the point of all this?-Agent Irina Spalko, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Id sacrifice that bitch to satan!-Raye, Sailor Moon Abridged
I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you cant savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments-The Joker, The Dark Knight
DeviantART
AnimatedEvey12s Myspace, click if you dare!
My Blog
LJ!!!

rockable
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by rockable » Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:18 pm

I've never seen the DiC dub, but I was curious if it's really that bad, so I downloaded "Day of Destiny". And I have to say that it really IS that bad. Not only is the script completely mangled, but the voice acting is just so bad. All of them sound bored and there's no emotion anywhere. I really had to laugh at the way Sailor Moon says "OH NO" in what was supposed to be a dramatic scene. :wink:

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:42 pm

rockable wrote:I've never seen the DiC dub, but I was curious if it's really that bad, so I downloaded "Day of Destiny". And I have to say that it really IS that bad. Not only is the script completely mangled, but the voice acting is just so bad. All of them sound bored and there's no emotion anywhere. I really had to laugh at the way Sailor Moon says "OH NO" in what was supposed to be a dramatic scene. :wink:
You do not want to see the rest then. Not even Cloverway, (the company that dubbed both S and SuperS in English) even though Cloverway was a bit more true to the original.
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
I...Drink...Your...MILKSHAKE!!!-Daniel Plainview, There Will Be Blood
[email protected]#$%, you dont have a future.-The Bride, Kill Bill Vol. 2
Everybody say YATTA!!!
Whats the most youve ever lost on a coin toss?-Anton, No Country For Old Men
Dont toy with me Dr. Jones ! What is the point of all this?-Agent Irina Spalko, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Id sacrifice that bitch to satan!-Raye, Sailor Moon Abridged
I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you cant savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments-The Joker, The Dark Knight
DeviantART
AnimatedEvey12s Myspace, click if you dare!
My Blog
LJ!!!

HighC
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by HighC » Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:07 pm

Dic and Cloverway aren't that much different as they both get their voice work done and get their writers from Optimum. It annoys me on Youtube when people said Dic had better voice actors when no really Optimum just hired shittier voice actors. (Well in Rini's case better)

Chase Man!
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Oh boy, this will be fun...

Post by Chase Man! » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:36 pm

To be serious, thanks DiC, we own you something for introducing the show to us.

However, thank you also DiC...

For making the Daffy and Speedy cartoons look like high art.

For making me think that it doesn't matter that the other cartoons were getting away during the time (coughbatmancough), what really matters is DA CHILDREN!!!!

For letting me know that using crappy music won't make a difference. :evil:

For giving Fred Ladd's mind something to do! poor devil never knew about the greatness...

For begining my love and hate relationship on Canada!

For the cheap laughs!

For giving me potenial Youtube material ideas! :twisted:

Whew, I could go on and on (yes, I'm aware the show was dubbed by Optimum), but I think that's enough humor for one thread... FOR NOW! :twisted: