Unexplainable Sailor Moon

The amazing anime that this site is dedicated to.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Pipestrell
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Pipestrell » Tue Dec 28, 2004 6:26 am

If you look at the head you can see the crack that's formed on the jewel.
Rosencrantz: Do you think death could be a boat?
Guildenstern: No; Death is not, it isn’t. Death is the ultimate negative; not being. You can’t not be on a boat.
Rosencrantz: I’ve frequently not been on boats.
Guildenstern: No; what you’ve been, is not on boats.

Vagabond
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by Vagabond » Thu Dec 30, 2004 6:21 pm

Does anyone remember the Chibi-usa vampire story in the SuperS Special? You know how the the new girl lives inside an old Embassy? Now I haven't seen an Embassy before, but doesn't it seem weird that there is a GRAVEYARD inside an Embassy?
If you just see the leaf, you'll miss the tree;
If you just see the tree, you'll miss the forest;
To see everything, effortlessly, that is what it means to truly see.

Sevvie
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Sevvie » Fri Dec 31, 2004 1:52 am

I never understood why Sailor Moon's tiara had a red jewel in Classic and R. Why didn't they just put a crescent moon on it in the first place?

Also, is it alright to revive old threads?

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Sun Jan 02, 2005 1:17 am

I was reading my stars manga last night and thought of this:
[spoiler]Towards the end, why did Galaxia throw Mamoru off a cliff, killing him and making Chibi-Usa disappear? Wouldn't it make more sense for her to take Chibi-moon's Sailor Crystal, then kill Mamoru, or would that have caused the Crystal to disappear as well? I just find it odd as Galaxia wanted all the Sailor Crystals, but didn't get Chibi-Usa's (actually, she didn't get the Asteroid Senshi's crystals either).[/spoiler]
Peachvampiress has an account on DeviantArt. Insanity Within.
And a Myspace account for her clothing designs.

"A number of times, the only thing that kept me out of a satin box was that I could size up the other guy maybe half a second quicker than he could me."

"What the fuck are you talking about? You're taped to a chair."
~Suicide Kings

SailorSpace
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by SailorSpace » Sun Jan 16, 2005 5:34 am

With as many times as the Sailor Senshi have had to go out and kick evil ass, don't their parent's (with the exception of Mako) wonder where their going so much?
"Miko Miko Nurse"
Madamada iku yo!!
Miko miko nurse! Miko miko nurse!
namamugi namagome miko miko nurse!!
Kaerue pyoko pyoko miko miko nurse!!
Miko miko nurse! Miko moko nurse!
Sexual violet miko miko nurse!!
Soul train miko miko nurse!!
Anesan rokkaku miko miko nurse!!
Riichi ippatsu miko miko nurse!
Saigo ni mou icchou! HAI!!
Miko miko nurse!!

Oh my god.

That's so incredibly fucked up and so incredibly cute all at the same time.-Tiff-Chan

Seeking a band.

Vesta
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Vesta » Sun Jan 16, 2005 11:48 am

In the SuperS movie when all the senshi are sitting on the ground with no power(naked), Neptune is sitting next to Jupiter first, then Uranus and Pluto for a breif moment, but when they show her again, she seems to have moved next to Jupiter again. o.O Unless she crawled over there in a second, I don't see how she could have been there.

Dinozore
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Dinozore » Sun Jan 16, 2005 2:54 pm

SailorSpace wrote:With as many times as the Sailor Senshi have had to go out and kick evil ass, don't their parent's (with the exception of Mako) wonder where their going so much?
That's a good question, considering that they've had to have been gone for more than a day on at least one occasion (their trip to the future seemed like it took at least a day...)
"Tell my tale to those who ask... tell it truthfully, the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence..." last words of Dinobot, "Code of Hero"
"Is that a poisonous elephant in your pocket or are you happy to see me?" ~another forum
"Monster! I''''m going to collide with you indefinitely as my limbs flail wildly about!" ~NPC, Dragon Warrior VII
"I bet you were thinking how hot it would be to see Tsunade with her gates wide open, inviting you..." ~DuneMan
"To use gaming terms, Tyrannosaurus Rex was a camper--- and he pwned his prey!" ~BaronVonAwesome
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!" ~Dinobot

Aya Reiko
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Aya Reiko » Sun Jan 16, 2005 3:49 pm

Dinozore wrote:
SailorSpace wrote:With as many times as the Sailor Senshi have had to go out and kick evil ass, don't their parent's (with the exception of Mako) wonder where their going so much?
That's a good question, considering that they've had to have been gone for more than a day on at least one occasion (their trip to the future seemed like it took at least a day...)
They probably all said they were going to spend the night at Mako's place.
You seem like the kind of person who'll lie.
However... this sword doesn't lie.

Pipestrell
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Pipestrell » Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:13 am

Vesta wrote:In the SuperS movie when all the senshi are sitting on the ground with no power(naked), Neptune is sitting next to Jupiter first, then Uranus and Pluto for a breif moment, but when they show her again, she seems to have moved next to Jupiter again. o.O Unless she crawled over there in a second, I don't see how she could have been there.
I can see what you mean from the screencaps that are now up. She seems to have replaced Venus. Mayhaps Jupiter and Neptune were on Uranus and Venus's left (screen right) and because Neptune was in the foreground, she made it into the angled shot. Or maybe they just fudged it to get a nice shot of the outer senshi together :P
Guildenstern: No; Death is not, it isn’t. Death is the ultimate negative; not being. You can’t not be on a boat.

RattleMan
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by RattleMan » Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:12 pm

Pipestrell wrote:
Vesta wrote:In the SuperS movie when all the senshi are sitting on the ground with no power(naked), Neptune is sitting next to Jupiter first, then Uranus and Pluto for a breif moment, but when they show her again, she seems to have moved next to Jupiter again. o.O Unless she crawled over there in a second, I don't see how she could have been there.
I can see what you mean from the screencaps that are now up. She seems to have replaced Venus. Mayhaps Jupiter and Neptune were on Uranus and Venus's left (screen right) and because Neptune was in the foreground, she made it into the angled shot. Or maybe they just fudged it to get a nice shot of the outer senshi together :P
Actually, Dan made a mistake, the shot "The outers", with a subtitle saying "This light...", should go under:

"(3 seconds) The scene where the senshi "retransform" after Sailor Moon releases the power of the ginzuishou. Too many body lines again..... "

So it's probable that Neptune moved over there whilst Sailor Moon was fighting Badiyanu ^^;

But, after that, they show her retransforming, and she IS near Jupiter again O_o

AND THEN AFTER THAT, when Sailor Moon is trying to call everyone to give her their powers, SHE'S NEXT TO THE OUTERS AGAIN. @[email protected]
[Rattle's Web Spot]
[Sonic X Uncensored]

Most Frequested Places:
[SMU] [Sonic-CulT] [Sonic Classic] [SoaH]
[SWS2B] [Zophar's] [DaizenshuuEX]
[My LiveJournal]

~ RattleMan's SMU Signature ~
~ April 10th, 2005 ~

sailorspazz
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by sailorspazz » Thu Apr 21, 2005 5:10 pm

This thread may be a bit old, but here's something I remember thinking about a long time ago....

Why is Chibiusa the only student at her school to wear a school uniform? Where did she even get that outfit if not through the school?
You will bow to me!

Cardcaptor Takato
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Cardcaptor Takato » Thu Apr 21, 2005 6:11 pm

Since Chibi-usa was wearing her school uniform when she first appeared on the show, my guess is she probably got it from the future. And if anyone questions her as to why she's wearing it, maybe she could use Luna-P to brainwash them. Although why Chibi-usa would want to voluntarily wear a school uniform when she could wear anything she wanted, I'm also curious about....How could Makoto get away with wearing a different school uniform than the usual Juuban outfit? They probably would let her get away with it for special reasons, but somehow I doubt that just "Because this is more my style" would be a good reason for Makoto to use to convince Juuban Junior High to let her continue wearing her old uniform.
"If we can''t comprehend the plan at hand, how could a higher plan make any more sense? I'd say you can only be a martyr if you know what you are dying for, and choose it"-Elphaba

"Those who made mistakes blame themselves and close their hearts. It's impossible to fix a mistake. Man can't return to the past. That's why we drink. Drunks, lushes, sliding alcohol down their throats to dilute the memories that can't be denied.-Vash The Stampede"

Sailorasteroid
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Sailorasteroid » Thu Apr 21, 2005 6:18 pm

In her first episode, Mako claims that Juuban doesn't have a uniform in her size. Which leads the questions: how did her old school have one and why couldn't they special order one eventually?
Things I think Are Funny Early in the Morning: If Batman were a Smurf: "Quick, Robin! We must smurf down to the Batcave and smurf the Batplane! Then we must smurf the batsmurf so we can smurf where the Joker is smurfing!"

The Croonerism Spate (explanations upon request)
Be careful with this one, there is a bit of a pun involved. Dr. Spooner described his visit to a castle: "In the center of the fortress was the Palace Court. The gated entrance to this area was the court palace."

Users whose sigs my quotes have made (now in two columns)
Tempest___________________Peachvampiress (I think)
Sylphiel (twice!)____________Neon Heart
RoastedTwinkies (long ago)___Alexclow345
Seiusa____________________Nehelenia`s Crazy Fangirl

I <3 all you guys!

Pipestrell
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Pipestrell » Thu Apr 21, 2005 6:22 pm

I always wondered why she didn't just adjust a uniform to fit as she is supposed to be good at such domestic tasks.

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Thu Apr 21, 2005 6:34 pm

Pipestrell
I always wondered why she didn't just adjust a uniform to fit as she is supposed to be good at such domestic tasks.
I don't think it's easy to take something small and tight and make it looser and longer. The Junior Juuban uniforms don't look like they can just be lengthened to fit her.
Peachvampiress has an account on DeviantArt. Insanity Within.
And a Myspace account for her clothing designs.

"A number of times, the only thing that kept me out of a satin box was that I could size up the other guy maybe half a second quicker than he could me."

"What the fuck are you talking about? You're taped to a chair."
~Suicide Kings

sailorspazz
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by sailorspazz » Thu Apr 21, 2005 6:44 pm

It's also interesting to note that Chibiusa has both warm weather and cold weather versions of the uniform, yet she didn't bring any luggage with her when she came from the future, did she? So did she just decide one day, "ooh, the weather's getting a little warm, I guess I'll go back to the future and get the summer version!" and make a whole trip back just to get her other uniform? And, really, as Takato mentioned, why in the world would she choose to wear a uniform when it seemed that all the other kids at school wore whatever they wanted? Maybe they really are supposed to wear uniforms and all the other kids are just no good rebel punks who refuse to answer to "The Man" and conform :wink:
You will bow to me!

Pipestrell
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Pipestrell » Thu Apr 21, 2005 6:49 pm

Maybe she prefers the sailorsuit due to future fashions, also, I'm sure that if Ikuko and Kenji would be willing to by her additional clothes such as that cute little rain jacket, they'd be willing to stretch to another sailor outfit.

RattleMan
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by RattleMan » Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:13 am

sailorspazz wrote:It's also interesting to note that Chibiusa has both warm weather and cold weather versions of the uniform, yet she didn't bring any luggage with her when she came from the future, did she? So did she just decide one day, "ooh, the weather's getting a little warm, I guess I'll go back to the future and get the summer version!"
Maybe it was sent to her from the future like that note from her parents in Episode 127 ^_^
[Rattle's Web Spot]
[Sonic X Uncensored]

Most Frequested Places:
[SMU] [Sonic-CulT] [Sonic Classic] [SoaH]
[SWS2B] [Zophar's] [DaizenshuuEX]
[My LiveJournal]

~ RattleMan's SMU Signature ~
~ April 10th, 2005 ~

Rainbow
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Rainbow » Fri Apr 22, 2005 6:36 am

Who says that's her school uniform? I always thought it was just a regular Sailor suit, especially since she's the ONLY one you see wearing it at her school. Maybe she was wearing it because her mission was to find Sailor Moon and the Silver Crystal, and she possibly felt that wearing sailor suits, especially red, white and blue ones, would give her more strength?
http://rainbow774.tripod.com/

The Realm of the Dessert Senshi. My fanfic series that is set in Crystal Tokyo and includes foreign Senshi, fat Senshi, a Senshi in a wheelchair and a magical hyrax.

Cardcaptor Takato
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Cardcaptor Takato » Fri Apr 22, 2005 7:58 am

But why would Chibi-usa voluntarily wear a school uniform if she has the option of wearing whatever she wants? Are school uniforms all the rage in Japan or something?
"If we can''t comprehend the plan at hand, how could a higher plan make any more sense? I'd say you can only be a martyr if you know what you are dying for, and choose it"-Elphaba

"Those who made mistakes blame themselves and close their hearts. It's impossible to fix a mistake. Man can't return to the past. That's why we drink. Drunks, lushes, sliding alcohol down their throats to dilute the memories that can't be denied.-Vash The Stampede"