Unexplainable Sailor Moon

The amazing anime that this site is dedicated to.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Jusenkyo no Pikachu
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jusenkyo no Pikachu » Fri Dec 17, 2004 9:47 am

Why are we posting about Chibi-Usa's pink hair and ignoring Ami's/Sailor Luna's blue hair?
"That new girl? She seems kinda weird to me. And what kind of name is Buffy anyway?"
"Hey, Aphrodisia!"
--unaired Buffy pilot

If you're reading this, then you've lost the game.

devilmaykickass
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by devilmaykickass » Fri Dec 17, 2004 10:14 am

Because blue hair is as plain as brown eyes.

Butterscotch
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Butterscotch » Fri Dec 17, 2004 7:21 pm

Jusenkyo no Pikachu wrote:Why are we posting about Chibi-Usa's pink hair and ignoring Ami's/Sailor Luna's blue hair?
Heh, good point. Maybe because blue hair is so common in anime?

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Fri Dec 17, 2004 7:38 pm

Butterscotch wrote:
Jusenkyo no Pikachu wrote:Why are we posting about Chibi-Usa's pink hair and ignoring Ami's/Sailor Luna's blue hair?
Heh, good point. Maybe because blue hair is so common in anime?
*shrug* Pink hair isn't so uncommon. Chibiusa (BSSM), Utena Tenjou (Utena), Mikage Souji (Utena), Sakura (Naruto), and even a girl from Cool Devices (i forget her name, but she's an idol gone wrong) have pink hair.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

Vesta
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Vesta » Fri Dec 17, 2004 9:13 pm

Here is my take on the Chibi-usa's hair thing. In some of the manga art, Ikuko was drawn with pink hair! So if we were looking at it genetically, Chibi-usa could have pink hair.

The real reason Chibi-usa has pink hair though is because Takeuchi wanted her to seem like Usagi's child. In the 2nd artbook's linear notes, she explains that pink would be a good color because that's Usagi's favorite color.(Or something along those lines) Therefore, the real reason she has pink hair is because pink is Usagi's favorite color.

SailorSpace
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by SailorSpace » Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:55 pm

Is it also possible that Chibi-Usa's hair could just be hair dye?

Rivalee
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Rivalee » Sat Dec 18, 2004 2:02 pm

There´s some strange things in the first season.

:?: Dark kingdom could have easy taken over the earth, if they had sent out ALL their demons + to different places, like Australia or Russia or Sweden!! The Sailor Senshi wouldn´t have a chance against that kind of attack!

:?: What had Nephrite done, if ALL the girls had showed up after he sent those love-letters? Accusing everyone for being Sailor Moon?

:?: Why did Queen Beryl attack Moon with her magic during the final battle? She could just had step on that girl, right? And when Princess was on that ice-pillar; a karate-kick or a karate-chop and the princess would (probably) be finished.

Dinozore
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Dinozore » Sat Dec 18, 2004 2:45 pm

Dark kingdom could have easy taken over the earth, if they had sent out ALL their demons + to different places, like Australia or Russia or Sweden!! The Sailor Senshi wouldn´t have a chance against that kind of attack!
Because the villians always attack where the heroes are, no matter how much sense it'd make otherwise. It's the same thing that makes sure at least one good guy is always around when the bad guys show up...
"Tell my tale to those who ask... tell it truthfully, the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence..." last words of Dinobot, "Code of Hero"
"Is that a poisonous elephant in your pocket or are you happy to see me?" ~another forum
"Monster! I''''m going to collide with you indefinitely as my limbs flail wildly about!" ~NPC, Dragon Warrior VII
"I bet you were thinking how hot it would be to see Tsunade with her gates wide open, inviting you..." ~DuneMan
"To use gaming terms, Tyrannosaurus Rex was a camper--- and he pwned his prey!" ~BaronVonAwesome
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!" ~Dinobot

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Sat Dec 18, 2004 3:06 pm

Rivalee
Dark kingdom could have easy taken over the earth, if they had sent out ALL their demons + to different places, like Australia or Russia or Sweden!! The Sailor Senshi wouldn´t have a chance against that kind of attack!
They're looking for the silver crystal though. In the manga it's explained that they have searched the entire world for the silver crystal. In the original manga Beryl said:
-As you instructed, I am searching all of Tokyo.
-Using my followers, the Four Heavenly Kings,
-I have searched the entire world. However, we have no idea where... All that remains is Tokyo.
Peachvampiress has an account on DeviantArt. Insanity Within.
And a Myspace account for her clothing designs.

"A number of times, the only thing that kept me out of a satin box was that I could size up the other guy maybe half a second quicker than he could me."

"What the fuck are you talking about? You're taped to a chair."
~Suicide Kings

Rivalee
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Rivalee » Sat Dec 18, 2004 8:50 pm

peachvampiress wrote:Rivalee
They're looking for the silver crystal though. In the manga it's explained that they have searched the entire world for the silver crystal. In the original manga Beryl said:
-As you instructed, I am searching all of Tokyo.
-Using my followers, the Four Heavenly Kings,
-I have searched the entire world. However, we have no idea where... All that remains is Tokyo.
Anou, they said that in the japanese manga, right? I only have vol 1-3, 11-13 and 16-18 in english, and I haven´t read them for a while...Anyway, thanks for the answer. I appreciate that :) .

But still, it would be much easier to send out all the demons at once? If I was an wicked demon-queen of the Nega-whatever-it- would-be, then I would do that :twisted: . OOOOOO-HOHOHOHOHOHO!!
Epp :shock: ....ahem... :lol: matane...*runs away* Boku wa sutsuranji jiruru (I´m a strange girl), and real proud of it :wink: .
My youtube-account / My multiply-account

I dunno. I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box. And then when I put it on, I suddenly got this feeling of inner peace. I can´t put it into words. I feel... safe. Like this is where I was meant to be. Like I´d found the key to true happiness.
~Snake from Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

I´m some kind of high powered mutant, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Bad luck! I´m are suffering from Rivalee´s Syndrome.
Cause: thinking too hard
Symptoms: aphasia, vague gills, mildly squeaky voice, eyelid swelling
Cure: cryogenic freezing until science catches up

Mercurius Twin
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by Mercurius Twin » Sat Dec 18, 2004 9:57 pm

Why does Supreme Thunder work inside buildings and other places where there's no clear path to the sky?

My little brother just came up with this one, which has never occurred to me before. Why does it? Unless it blasts a hole in the roof, in which case why do we not notice that?
Three quotes I like:

"Smart. Beautiful. Mercurius Twin."
- The "Sloganize" website

"Stop that, you! You're an accessory."
-Tsukino Usagi (to Luna, ep. 6)

"Stop the clapping! YOU'LL KILL US ALL!!"
- Professor Frink

SailorSpace
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by SailorSpace » Sat Dec 18, 2004 11:46 pm

Why is it that DiC or Cloverway edits any "revealing" sort of scenes, but they allow the Messiah or KaoriKnight to strut their stuff?

Rainbow
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Rainbow » Sun Dec 19, 2004 10:46 am

Rivalee wrote:There´s some strange things in the first season.
:?: Why did Queen Beryl attack Moon with her magic during the final battle? She could just had step on that girl, right? And when Princess was on that ice-pillar; a karate-kick or a karate-chop and the princess would (probably) be finished.
Because the producers had to have Sailor Moon win. But even if Beryl tried that, she still could've used the Silver Crystal; it could've made a shield around her so Beryl would get thrown back.
http://rainbow774.tripod.com/

The Realm of the Dessert Senshi. My fanfic series that is set in Crystal Tokyo and includes foreign Senshi, fat Senshi, a Senshi in a wheelchair and a magical hyrax.

isaisa
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by isaisa » Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:03 am

I have a question. You know in the end of the Stars season, close to the end of the season when the enemies are trying to steal Usagi's star seed? Well doesn't it look like the ginzishou? But it looks like it in the Sailor Moon R movie when she's trying to save everyone and then it becomes like this rose. So is the ginzishou her star seed? And how come her brooch has like this star thingy? Isn't the ginzishou supposed to be in it?
R.I.P. Jennifer Blanco 11/09/87 - 11/13/05

"I go with the flow. Whatever music you play for me, I will dance."
- Gael Garcia Bernal

I AM BAAAAAAAAAAACK!!!

ilovethesailorsenshi
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

this is what i want to know

Post by ilovethesailorsenshi » Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:09 am

why was the opening sequence cut in the american dub?
... i dunno what to say, i''m sorry

(I''m more like hotaru... thus the avatar change)

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Re: this is what i want to know

Post by Tiff » Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:12 am

ilovethesailorsenshi wrote:why was the opening sequence cut in the american dub?
That's not something that's unexplainable. Dic wanted their own opening for their dub. This is a thread for things in the show that are unexplainable.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

ilovethesailorsenshi
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Re: this is what i want to know

Post by ilovethesailorsenshi » Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:15 am

Tiff wrote:
ilovethesailorsenshi wrote:why was the opening sequence cut in the american dub?
That's not something that's unexplainable. Dic wanted their own opening for their dub. This is a thread for things in the show that are unexplainable.
ok... thank you
... i dunno what to say, i''m sorry

(I''m more like hotaru... thus the avatar change)

Cardcaptor Takato
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Cardcaptor Takato » Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:28 am

In episode 127 of Sailor Moon S, Sailor Chibi Moon helps the Sailor Senshi fight off the daimohn, but then the daimohn manages to break her Pink Moon Stick. One would assume that it wouldn't work anymore after breaking, but when she uses it again in episode 130 of Sailor Moon Supers, it works just fine. Actually, I think it works better than before, since Sailor Chibi Moon doesn't have to get mad at it to get it to work when she uses it against Hawks-eye. So what I'm wondering is, why didn't the Pink Moon Stick stop working after it broke in episode 127?
"If we can''t comprehend the plan at hand, how could a higher plan make any more sense? I'd say you can only be a martyr if you know what you are dying for, and choose it"-Elphaba

"Those who made mistakes blame themselves and close their hearts. It's impossible to fix a mistake. Man can't return to the past. That's why we drink. Drunks, lushes, sliding alcohol down their throats to dilute the memories that can't be denied.-Vash The Stampede"

Pipestrell
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Pipestrell » Mon Dec 27, 2004 4:14 am

Luna's but produced a new one maybe? Or she could have sent to the future for her spare.
Rosencrantz: Do you think death could be a boat?
Guildenstern: No; Death is not, it isn’t. Death is the ultimate negative; not being. You can’t not be on a boat.
Rosencrantz: I’ve frequently not been on boats.
Guildenstern: No; what you’ve been, is not on boats.

Sakuya
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Sakuya » Mon Dec 27, 2004 10:12 pm

Did it really break? I always thought her Pink Moon Stick just fell to the ground and got stuck. :?