Unexplainable Sailor Moon

The amazing anime that this site is dedicated to.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Rainbow
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Rainbow » Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:23 am

I don't think it has to do with her own choices. I think it might be a clue to the fact that she's Sailor Moon's daughter, since her sailor suits are all the same colors as Usagi's are. And if it does, maybe she really likes wearing sailor suits or something.
http://rainbow774.tripod.com/

The Realm of the Dessert Senshi. My fanfic series that is set in Crystal Tokyo and includes foreign Senshi, fat Senshi, a Senshi in a wheelchair and a magical hyrax.

sailorceres
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by sailorceres » Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:35 pm

Rainbow wrote:In R, Chibi-Usa-sama's friend Momoko has brown hair. But when she's shown again in SuperS, she has purple hair. Why did they change this? Maybe someone forgot what her hair color was?
omg i know what you mean this alwasy bothered me! i mean it was a drastic change!

Sailor Rose
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Sailor Rose » Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:40 pm

How did Chibi-Usa get pink hair if Mamoru and Usagi have normal hair?
Okay i dont know about this but i read it somewhere a few years ago.

Obviously desendants of the moonkingdom are affected by the moon as it is their guardian planet. The page i read sugested Rini was born during a solar eclipse and it had a reddening affect on her, causing red eyes and pink hair. others wil suggest reessive genes.

Just a though Queen Serenity had purple hair...maybe if this worked, i think I;m going too far..., maybe queen serenity's parents had pink hair and blue hair! causing purple. I dont know im just hyper. But also a very creative person came up with generations. Showing rini and helios marry in the furute and have neo-queen serenity III and she had blue hair hehe.

anyway i think the recessive genes are more exact, but everyone remeber is it just an anime! and alot of anime charactors have multicoloured hair

bioengineer
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by bioengineer » Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:08 pm

Perhaps someone could clear up a few temporal questions I have:

Case 1: SuperS/Stars season. Queen Nephelina captures Mamoru. This would prevent Usagi from ever marrying him and is demonstrated by Chibiusa's physcial fading in and out and even dissappearing completely.

Contradiction 1: If Chibiusa ceased to exist then no one would have any memory of her. Yet even after the point of non-existence everyone still remembers her enough to come to the rescue.

Case 2: Stars season. Mamoru is murdered by Galaxia. Following the logic and results from Case 1, it can be stated that Chibiusa's life effectively terminates at the moment of murder and is dead from that moment on.

Contradiction 2: Since Chibiusa does not exist anymore, photos that included Chibiusa would have her absent. No one would hold memory of her. Yet this does not happen. Moreso, in R, S, and SuperS season, since she does not exist in the timeline anymore, her actions which resulted in the positive outcome of past important battles would have not taken place. A totally new outcome would result. This futher compounds the paradox.

The Grandfather Paradox is somewhat obeyed here. You kill your father before conception you would cease to exist. But falls apart after that.

Rainbow
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Rainbow » Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:32 pm

This is about Chibi-Usa's hair color (I'm not sure about the time paradoxes in Stars thing). Perhaps one or both of Mamoru's parents had pink hair? Since we never saw what they looked like, that possibility is open.
http://rainbow774.tripod.com/

The Realm of the Dessert Senshi. My fanfic series that is set in Crystal Tokyo and includes foreign Senshi, fat Senshi, a Senshi in a wheelchair and a magical hyrax.

Cardcaptor Takato
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Cardcaptor Takato » Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:36 pm

Why does Usagi have blonde hair and Shingo have brown hair when Kenji has black hair and Ikuko has blue hair?
"If we can''t comprehend the plan at hand, how could a higher plan make any more sense? I'd say you can only be a martyr if you know what you are dying for, and choose it"-Elphaba

"Those who made mistakes blame themselves and close their hearts. It's impossible to fix a mistake. Man can't return to the past. That's why we drink. Drunks, lushes, sliding alcohol down their throats to dilute the memories that can't be denied.-Vash The Stampede"

Panda
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Panda » Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:19 pm

Becuase Usagi isn't really their kid...

I mean, technically (and genetically) she is but since she was origainlly Queen Serenity's kid then it explains her light hair.

Now that I think about it, it would also explain Chibi-Usa's hair in a way. Grandparents no doubt have an impact on ressesive genes. Perhaps Usagi's granparents had pinkish or red hair? Or like said, Mamoru's parents had lighter hair.

usachan
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by usachan » Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:22 pm

It's an anime, not Biology class. They have whatever color hair Naoko wanted them to have.

Sailorasteroid
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Sailorasteroid » Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:51 pm

bioengineer wrote:Perhaps someone could clear up a few temporal questions I have:
Let me introduce you to:

Sailorasteroid's Theory of Time Travel

To begin with, we must look at time travel in a "going forward" way, i.e. examining 20th century events before 30th century ones. Now, by quantum theory, there is a small, but nonzero probability that a point in space will, at a given time, contain a specific piece of matter/energy with a specific motion. And therefore a smaller, yet still nonzero, probabilty that this will occur over several continuous points. It could be as simple as a solitary still quark, or as complex as, say, a Chibiusa with a brain so configured as to have memories of having grown up in 30th century Crystal Tokyo.

Now, if we assume this spontaneous and improbable existence occurs at a space point I'll call "the summer festival" and a time point I'll call "Episode 103," then this improbability must be balanced with an equal and opposite reaction of probability, a sort of "anti-probability." The simplest way to balance the reaction is to have a Crystal Tokyo emerge by the 30th century, have a Chibiusa grow up in it, and then spontaneously cease to exist under the same quantum actions.

However, if an event precludes the simple balance, it is still necessary to balance it out. Much of the anti-probability is absorbed in the form of the quantum disappearance of a nearly equal mass-energy combination that I will term a "Sailor Chibimoon in the Neherenia Arc." The remaining anti-probability would, I theorize, be dispersed between the point of the upsetting event and the point in which the simple balance would have occurred, in various low-probability quantum events. A few muons here, some bosons there, and possibly a slight change in air pressure at the point where Crystal Tokyo would have been, 1000 years or so from now.

Compare it to the recoil of a rifle. As the bullet leaves, an equal and opposite reaction occurs, sending the butt backwards. But if the energy of this reaction is used to, say, load the next round, the force on the butt is lessened, but the flight of the bullet is unaffected. Similarly, the time travel "cause" can occur any number of ways, with no effect on the time travel "results."

By this theory, none of the effects of Chibiusa's 20th century existence would be wiped out by her not being born; she would simply be a quantum anomaly, resolved and balanced in an unusual way. And since events occurred that restored the simple balance, that anomaly was free to continue.
Things I think Are Funny Early in the Morning: If Batman were a Smurf: "Quick, Robin! We must smurf down to the Batcave and smurf the Batplane! Then we must smurf the batsmurf so we can smurf where the Joker is smurfing!"

The Croonerism Spate (explanations upon request)
Be careful with this one, there is a bit of a pun involved. Dr. Spooner described his visit to a castle: "In the center of the fortress was the Palace Court. The gated entrance to this area was the court palace."

Users whose sigs my quotes have made (now in two columns)
Tempest___________________Peachvampiress (I think)
Sylphiel (twice!)____________Neon Heart
RoastedTwinkies (long ago)___Alexclow345
Seiusa____________________Nehelenia`s Crazy Fangirl

I <3 all you guys!

the*blue*girl
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by the*blue*girl » Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:09 pm

woah... i tried to read that, i really did, but... O_O YOU MADE MY BRAIN HURT!!

''Frustration is the byproduct of success.''- said by our instructor Jason in an attempt to motivate us

You`ll say, Don`t fear your dreams, it`s easier than it seems
You`ll say you`d never let me fall from hopes so high
But never is a promise and you can`t afford to lie

- Fiona Apple, Never is a Promise

Jason: Stop talking, put your clothes on, and go home.
Us:(in a perfect chorus) .... THAT''S WHAT HE SAID!
Jason: ...-_- I quit.

StarFlame Soldier
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by StarFlame Soldier » Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:47 am

About rini's hair: Didn't Usagi's mother (the Queen) have white hair? This could've affected the tint of rini's hair. Or it could have something to do with her weird age.
Two wrongs don''t make a right, but three lefts do.

In Space, no-one can hear you scream. In Time, nobody listens

Smile for Saz!

sleep, Celeste

Yasha Kodachi
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Yasha Kodachi » Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:35 am

Okay, I've been wondering about this ever since I started watching Sailor Moon:

Using Haruka and Michiru for an example just because, since Usagi knew what they looked and sounded like, WHY couldn't she tell that they were Uranus and Neptune in ep. 92? How come Minako and Usagi couldn't connect their faces? I just don't get it.

Jusenkyo no Pikachu
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jusenkyo no Pikachu » Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:23 am

Sailorasteroid wrote:
bioengineer wrote:Perhaps someone could clear up a few temporal questions I have:
Let me introduce you to:

Sailorasteroid's Theory of Time Travel

To begin with, we must look at time travel in a "going forward" way, i.e. examining 20th century events before 30th century ones. Now, by quantum theory, there is a small, but nonzero probability that a point in space will, at a given time, contain a specific piece of matter/energy with a specific motion. And therefore a smaller, yet still nonzero, probabilty that this will occur over several continuous points. It could be as simple as a solitary still quark, or as complex as, say, a Chibiusa with a brain so configured as to have memories of having grown up in 30th century Crystal Tokyo.

Now, if we assume this spontaneous and improbable existence occurs at a space point I'll call "the summer festival" and a time point I'll call "Episode 103," then this improbability must be balanced with an equal and opposite reaction of probability, a sort of "anti-probability." The simplest way to balance the reaction is to have a Crystal Tokyo emerge by the 30th century, have a Chibiusa grow up in it, and then spontaneously cease to exist under the same quantum actions.

However, if an event precludes the simple balance, it is still necessary to balance it out. Much of the anti-probability is absorbed in the form of the quantum disappearance of a nearly equal mass-energy combination that I will term a "Sailor Chibimoon in the Neherenia Arc." The remaining anti-probability would, I theorize, be dispersed between the point of the upsetting event and the point in which the simple balance would have occurred, in various low-probability quantum events. A few muons here, some bosons there, and possibly a slight change in air pressure at the point where Crystal Tokyo would have been, 1000 years or so from now.

Compare it to the recoil of a rifle. As the bullet leaves, an equal and opposite reaction occurs, sending the butt backwards. But if the energy of this reaction is used to, say, load the next round, the force on the butt is lessened, but the flight of the bullet is unaffected. Similarly, the time travel "cause" can occur any number of ways, with no effect on the time travel "results."

By this theory, none of the effects of Chibiusa's 20th century existence would be wiped out by her not being born; she would simply be a quantum anomaly, resolved and balanced in an unusual way. And since events occurred that restored the simple balance, that anomaly was free to continue.
To put it simply: Maybe the timeline was slowly realigning itself after a fuckup. You recall in Back to the Future how the photo didn't change until long after Marty arrived, and even then the changes were gradual? It's like that.
"That new girl? She seems kinda weird to me. And what kind of name is Buffy anyway?"
"Hey, Aphrodisia!"
--unaired Buffy pilot

If you're reading this, then you've lost the game.

Panda
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Panda » Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:52 am

Yasha Kodachi wrote:Okay, I've been wondering about this ever since I started watching Sailor Moon:

Using Haruka and Michiru for an example just because, since Usagi knew what they looked and sounded like, WHY couldn't she tell that they were Uranus and Neptune in ep. 92? How come Minako and Usagi couldn't connect their faces? I just don't get it.

The same reason Naru never knew Usagi=Sailor Moon.

It has to be a combination of really thick make-up and voice changers...

Origiri
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by Origiri » Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:56 am

^Yes, but SM still ran away from Shingo in the first season, fearing he would know her as Usagi.

Obviously, nobody is able to recognise them once they change to Sailor forms, due to magic of the fuku?

Panda
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Panda » Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:59 am

She probably wasn't aware she was unrecognizable...

Cardcaptor Takato
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Cardcaptor Takato » Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:43 am

Case 1: SuperS/Stars season. Queen Nephelina captures Mamoru. This would prevent Usagi from ever marrying him and is demonstrated by Chibiusa's physcial fading in and out and even dissappearing completely.

Contradiction 1: If Chibiusa ceased to exist then no one would have any memory of her. Yet even after the point of non-existence everyone still remembers her enough to come to the rescue.

Case 2: Stars season. Mamoru is murdered by Galaxia. Following the logic and results from Case 1, it can be stated that Chibiusa's life effectively terminates at the moment of murder and is dead from that moment on.

Contradiction 2: Since Chibiusa does not exist anymore, photos that included Chibiusa would have her absent. No one would hold memory of her. Yet this does not happen. Moreso, in R, S, and SuperS season, since she does not exist in the timeline anymore, her actions which resulted in the positive outcome of past important battles would have not taken place. A totally new outcome would result. This futher compounds the paradox.

The Grandfather Paradox is somewhat obeyed here. You kill your father before conception you would cease to exist. But falls apart after that.
1. Both Nehelenia and the Sailor Soldiers state that they have to save Mamoru before the next dawn or the future will be permanetly changed, so in this case there was a time limit of sorts to how long the present will last as is before it's affected by the changing of the future. 2. In Sailor Stars, Mamoru isn't really "dead", it was only that his Star Seed was taken from him. The Starlights state later in the series that as long as the Star Seed still exists, they're still alive, and since Mamoru's Star Seed still existed, he wasn't really dead.
"If we can''t comprehend the plan at hand, how could a higher plan make any more sense? I'd say you can only be a martyr if you know what you are dying for, and choose it"-Elphaba

"Those who made mistakes blame themselves and close their hearts. It's impossible to fix a mistake. Man can't return to the past. That's why we drink. Drunks, lushes, sliding alcohol down their throats to dilute the memories that can't be denied.-Vash The Stampede"

bioengineer
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by bioengineer » Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:17 pm

Cardcaptor Takato wrote: The Starlights state later in the series that as long as the Star Seed still exists, they're still alive, and since Mamoru's Star Seed still existed, he wasn't really dead.
Could you tell me where exactly did they say this? Proof please.
Yaten did say at the begining of Stars, "Another light has been extinguished", was a reference to Mamoru being killed.

Crecent beam
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by Crecent beam » Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:05 pm

I remember they said to Sailor Moon: They are not gone as long as you don't give up.
We all go a little mad sometimes.

Authorized
Service
Shop

Nihongo ya furansugo ya supeingo ya eigo o benkyou shimasu.

Cresento beam showah ! Mars flame snipah ! Silbah mun crystalu pavah kiss !

The Card created by Sakura, abandon your old form and reincarnate under the name of your new master, Minako !

usachan
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by usachan » Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:06 pm

Yasha Kodachi wrote:Okay, I've been wondering about this ever since I started watching Sailor Moon:

What bothered me about this is the fact that in episode 102, when Haruka and Michuru are talking to Usagi in the car, she recalls Uranus and Neptune. She then talks to them, as if it was Uranus and Neptune, but later on she is shocked to find out it was them. Also, Haruka said she thought Sailor Moon looked liked Usagi for a second.