Please tell me, you guys are watching this..

The amazing anime that this site is dedicated to.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Rainbow
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Rainbow » Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:21 am

Gomen nasai! I'd watch it if it came on, but I know nothing about Megas (is that the show name?) so I might be confused even though it's a Sailor Moon parody. I like parodies if I know what it's parodying, usually, so I'd probably like it though.
http://rainbow774.tripod.com/

The Realm of the Dessert Senshi. My fanfic series that is set in Crystal Tokyo and includes foreign Senshi, fat Senshi, a Senshi in a wheelchair and a magical hyrax.

Starscream
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by Starscream » Mon Oct 25, 2004 1:30 pm

LOL that's ok, Rainbow.

Megas XLR is a cartoon on CN which, primarily, is a parody of giant robot cartoons. From what I've seen, the main character, Coop, comes across the robot in question - the Megas - in a junkyard. He attaches his car to the top of it in order to control it, then spruces up the machine and causes chaos while inadvertently defending New Jersey from alien invasion. However, its anime-styled animation has led to a number of parody episodes; past ones have included mocks of Voltron/G-Force and Sailor Moon.
- David Graña

<3 Happily Married to Jennifer since July 16, 2005 <3

"Conquest is made from the ashes of one’s enemies" - Starscream
My Livejournal.

Judge: "Yes. What? You say if I testify I’ll be killed? Oh. It’s for you." (hands the phone to Fry)
Roberto: (On the phone) "And the other hamburger will also be made of your lungs. So long, pal."
Fry: "I refuse to testify on the grounds that my organs will be chopped up into a patty."
Judge: "Ah, the 67th Amendment."
Futurama, Insane in the Mainframe

Leela’s (former) boss: "Oh my various gods!"
Futurama, How Hermes Requisitioned his Groove Back

devilmaykickass
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by devilmaykickass » Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:37 pm

Does anyone know of a place it could be obtained online? I never saw it and I'm dying to after reading this thread.

mizangelamy
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Re: Please tell me, you guys are watching this..

Post by mizangelamy » Sun Nov 07, 2004 2:49 pm

Umino wrote:Megas XLR's new episode is a Sailor Moon pardoy.

Goofing on everything from the odango to the long transformations.

XD
When was this?
James and I are happily waiting to see our first born son on April 22, 2009!
Mrs. Green is happily married to her airman since May 10, 2008
"Gee, I never thought I had an effect on people until I was in Korea."~ Marilyn Monroe ~
"Not knowing of the dawn, not seeing the coming night, only my garnet eye crosses time, and I think of the people I love."~ Garnet Guardian from SM Memorial Song Box ~
"...the secret song of love is locked deep in my heart."~ Secret from SM Memorial Song Box ~

MySpace= add me!

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Re: Please tell me, you guys are watching this..

Post by Tiff » Sun Nov 07, 2004 7:28 pm

mizangelamy wrote:
Umino wrote:Megas XLR's new episode is a Sailor Moon pardoy.

Goofing on everything from the odango to the long transformations.

XD
When was this?
-_- considering the fact that he said "I hope you guys are watching this" in his post subject, then it's kinda obvious that it was the day he posted it. Look at the post's date.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Sun Nov 07, 2004 7:31 pm

According to tvtome, this episode aired on Oct.16, the same day Umino started this topic.
Peachvampiress has an account on DeviantArt. Insanity Within.
And a Myspace account for her clothing designs.

"A number of times, the only thing that kept me out of a satin box was that I could size up the other guy maybe half a second quicker than he could me."

"What the fuck are you talking about? You're taped to a chair."
~Suicide Kings

PrettySailorSuitedSoldier
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

RE

Post by PrettySailorSuitedSoldier » Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:54 am

Stop whining . Sailor moon is a natural target based on the way DiC and Cloverway made it. I mean, it's like whicked cool that sailor moon is like in this bomb toon. * goes in for kiss* * cuts to next scene* " your lips are chapped" :P

Tempest
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Re: RE

Post by Tempest » Thu Nov 11, 2004 3:31 pm

PrettySailorSuitedSoldier wrote:Stop whining . Sailor moon is a natural target based on the way DiC and Cloverway made it. I mean, it's like whicked cool that sailor moon is like in this bomb toon. * goes in for kiss* * cuts to next scene* " your lips are chapped" :P
*mod mode*
PrettySailorSuitedSoldier - No one is whining about it and no one is complaining the fact that Megas took a jab at it. Everyone who postes said they missed it or thought it was funny as hell. Read all the posts before you comment to a topic.
Lastly, do not tell people to 'stop whining'. Sarcasim or not, it's still rude. Especially when no one warranted a reason for the attitude or reaction.
*/mod mode*
And really, why shouldn't we be afraid? In case you haven't heard, life is terminal. Cigarettes will kill you. So will your cellphone. Your car is a deadly weapon and alcohol is a quiet killer. Don't lick the lead-based paint on the walls. Don't lick the back of a postage stamp and certainly don't lick any strangers! That will bring you down quickly indeed. Don't drink the water but don't drink less than eight glasses a day. Your enviroment is toxic, your natural resources are dwindling, your days are numbered, but what ever you do, don't panic! The stress, don't you know, will kill you.
-- Jonathon Crane/The Scarecrow Rise of Sin Tzu novel

ilovethesailorsenshi
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by ilovethesailorsenshi » Tue Dec 21, 2004 1:13 am

if someone would give me the title of the megas episode... i might comment on it
... i dunno what to say, i''m sorry

(I''m more like hotaru... thus the avatar change)

isaisa
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by isaisa » Tue Dec 21, 2004 2:52 am

I haven't seen this Megas episode...but I remember seeing a parody of Sailor Moon in the Excel Saga. I think it was the episode in which Excel and Hyatt went to New York and met up with Sandora. Oh, sorry if that was off topic.
R.I.P. Jennifer Blanco 11/09/87 - 11/13/05

"I go with the flow. Whatever music you play for me, I will dance."
- Gael Garcia Bernal

I AM BAAAAAAAAAAACK!!!

Dinozore
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Dinozore » Tue Dec 21, 2004 3:36 am

Actually, a fairly recent episode featured a Captain Harlock lookalike (named similarly as well) who gets the hots for Kiva. It was pretty good... it's not Sailor Moon, but I thought it was pretty clever.
"Tell my tale to those who ask... tell it truthfully, the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence..." last words of Dinobot, "Code of Hero"
"Is that a poisonous elephant in your pocket or are you happy to see me?" ~another forum
"Monster! I''''m going to collide with you indefinitely as my limbs flail wildly about!" ~NPC, Dragon Warrior VII
"I bet you were thinking how hot it would be to see Tsunade with her gates wide open, inviting you..." ~DuneMan
"To use gaming terms, Tyrannosaurus Rex was a camper--- and he pwned his prey!" ~BaronVonAwesome
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!" ~Dinobot

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Mon Jan 03, 2005 8:53 pm

To all Canadians, Teletoon airs Megas XLR Tuesdays at 3:30pm and weekdays (or ends, can't remember) at 10:30am. The site on Teletoon hasn't listed this particular episode as having aired yet, so I guess we have to wait awhile before we can see the Sailormoon parody.
Peachvampiress has an account on DeviantArt. Insanity Within.
And a Myspace account for her clothing designs.

"A number of times, the only thing that kept me out of a satin box was that I could size up the other guy maybe half a second quicker than he could me."

"What the fuck are you talking about? You're taped to a chair."
~Suicide Kings

RoastedTwinkies
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by RoastedTwinkies » Mon Jan 03, 2005 9:54 pm

Thanks for the heads up, Peach!

devilmaykickass
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by devilmaykickass » Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:35 pm

Hey! Just to let everyone know who's been anxious to see this like I am, it's airing again this Saturday, January 22 at 9PM(eastern/pacific) on Cartoon Network. I for one, will be watching...and have a blank tape in the VCR. :P

ilovethesailorsenshi
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

the episode is called...

Post by ilovethesailorsenshi » Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:54 pm

the episode of megas is called ultra chicks, it's kinda funny but cute at the same time... i think it's kinda cool that sailor moon isn't dead yet :oops:

Dinozore
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Dinozore » Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:21 pm

what I assume was the season finale ("Rearview Mirror, Mirror part 1" and part 2) had another slew of anime references, Gundam this time. Evil Coop's army look almost exactly like Zakus or Goufs, and Evil Coop's own mech bears quite a resemblance to the Sazabi (especially the head)
"Tell my tale to those who ask... tell it truthfully, the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence..." last words of Dinobot, "Code of Hero"
"Is that a poisonous elephant in your pocket or are you happy to see me?" ~another forum
"Monster! I''''m going to collide with you indefinitely as my limbs flail wildly about!" ~NPC, Dragon Warrior VII
"I bet you were thinking how hot it would be to see Tsunade with her gates wide open, inviting you..." ~DuneMan
"To use gaming terms, Tyrannosaurus Rex was a camper--- and he pwned his prey!" ~BaronVonAwesome
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!" ~Dinobot

ilovethesailorsenshi
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by ilovethesailorsenshi » Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:26 pm

Dinozore wrote:what I assume was the season finale ("Rearview Mirror, Mirror part 1" and part 2) had another slew of anime references, Gundam this time. Evil Coop's army look almost exactly like Zakus or Goufs, and Evil Coop's own mech bears quite a resemblance to the Sazabi (especially the head)
ummm... don't you mean the GELGOOG army? also... i think evil coop had a negative megas

devilmaykickass
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by devilmaykickass » Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:08 am

Every episode of Megas XLR parodies anime or anime-ish shows(ie Power Rangers). "Ultra Chicks" was a parody of Sailor Moon and Ultra Man, hence the "ultra".

The first episode I saw was a parody of G-Force and Voltron. It was pretty funny.

Butterscotch
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Butterscotch » Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:40 am

I saw the first few minutes of it on Saturday. It was pretty funny. I wish I coulda seen the whole episode. ^-^;

ilovethesailorsenshi
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

yeah...

Post by ilovethesailorsenshi » Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:21 pm

that episode has it's moments... but i think megas is a little too realistic for me