Please tell me, you guys are watching this..

The amazing anime that this site is dedicated to.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Umino
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Please tell me, you guys are watching this..

Post by Umino » Sat Oct 16, 2004 8:18 pm

Megas XLR's new episode is a Sailor Moon pardoy.

Goofing on everything from the odango to the long transformations.

XD

usachan
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by usachan » Sun Oct 17, 2004 1:43 am

No, I missed it :( Sounds kinda' funny though, except for the fact I happen to like the long transformations :D

Silver Serenity
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Silver Serenity » Sun Oct 17, 2004 6:16 pm

Yes! I saw that! I was like...is this what I think it is...As we already know Sailor Moon has definatly made an impact on the world of cartoons. It's not dead yet!
I don't regret anything, because I was able to live as Aino Minako to the very end. ~ Aino Minako

MarioKnight
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by MarioKnight » Sun Oct 17, 2004 11:06 pm

I missed it last night, but saw the replay a few hours ago. That was awesome and funny as hell. ^_^
Dan Bednarski ~ MarioKnight
Narsk.NET
smuncensored.com administrator
WikiMoon SysOp
phpBB MODs - Change forum banner
SMU :: MKBO :: Jumbled Thoughts :: FightingMongooses.com
DD:Recall Profile and DDR scores
Xbox Live Profile

Warriors of Legend: Reflections of Japan in Sailor Moon - Book on sale now! Please support!

Click here to have your voice heard to bring tokusatsu shows (such as PGSM) to this side of the ocean.

RIP
Sam DeNato: 1/11/07
Kevin Watt: 10/7/07
Evan Schoberlein - 7/24/08

This list seems to keep on growing. =(

RAPTOR948
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie
Location: I'd say either planet Shakuras, or Mako-chans appartment.

Post by RAPTOR948 » Sun Oct 17, 2004 11:53 pm

I didnt see it, bit I'm sure it was another shallow rip, and yet again dumbed the intelligence of the Japanese who can tell the difference between a gamer who pilots a giant robot, and a gamer who co-pilots/screams like a hungry baby with a full diaper.

a list of ripping victims, according to research...

DBZ (many rips, all annoying)
Robotech (a good number of rips)
Voltron (a PPG monster is called "the robeast" which is the group of robotic monsters in Voltron, name is copywritten to WEP)
Sailor Moon (a number of shallow rips, but still very insulting)
Godzilla (the big Japanese toxic mutant cant evade stalkers these days)
Power Rangers (annoying rips)
Howard Stern (king of all media, some king, he gets ripped on more than the Bush family)
Pokemon (you gotta be kidding me, this is ripped on almost as much as Howard Stern)
YuGiOh (few rips, annoying as hell though)
Harry Potter (ripped rarely, but still growing)
Lord of the Rings (crappy and annoying, talk about multi tasking)
Star Wars (rips that are annoying, and dull)
Star Trek ("truck", "Buck", "Luck", "Tuck", all ammounts to the same end, SUCKS)
G-Force (old anime, ripped on a number of times, a bit distasteful)
The Matrix (backward bending 360 degree trick, GIVE IT A REST)
Titanic (always the "I'm king of the world" line)
Cowboy Bebop(Venture bros ripped on it for intro)
DC comics (more superman rips than muscles on Supermans body, how can you not see em when he wears the spandex?)
Marvel Comics (Hulk, Thor, Captain America rips everywhere)
TMNT (ripped on in the early 1990's)
Gundam (calling all gundams, new mission, annihilate Dexters laboratory to cease the constant gundam rips, mission is mandatory)

so many rips, it makes me feel 84 years old, and I have enough complaints to write a collection of novels based on my complaints alone. it's like no American media can ignore the temptation of ripping on other media. but yeah, SM being ripped on is an insult to me, one that is taken personally as a hardcore heavily dedicated SM fan.

Note: complaints to me directly about my post will be ignored, so please dont waste your time.
I appologize for offending anyone. I regret the wrongs I have commited, and am deeply sorry.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Mon Oct 18, 2004 12:14 am

RAPTOR948 wrote:I didnt see it, bit I'm sure it was another shallow rip, and yet again dumbed the intelligence of the Japanese who can tell the difference between a gamer who pilots a giant robot, and a gamer who co-pilots/screams like a hungry baby with a full diaper.
ADMIN MODE: No, it's not a RIP. It's a PARODY. There's a difference. Parodies are made in good fun, to poke jest at something. A rip off would be if someone made an entirely new TV show that was so much like sailor moon in every way, that it would lack originality. PLEASE pay attention to the posts before replying.
RAPTOR948 wrote:a list of ripping victims, according to research...
*Cut of unncessarily long list*
This is not a discussion about which shows were "ripped' and which weren't. Again, this is a discussion about a particular show that parodied sailor moon in one of its episodes. Get off your soap box.
RAPTOR948 wrote: Note: complaints to me directly about my post will be ignored, so please dont waste your time.
EXCUSE ME. I don't think so. If a mod or an admin such as myself wish to call you on this post, and you choose to ignore them, you WILL find yourself temporarily banned. If you don't want to discuss your posts, then DON'T POST IN A DISCUSSION BOARD.'

You are on very, very thin ice here, Raptor. I suggest you don't skate on it.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Mon Oct 18, 2004 12:21 am

...um, what's Megas XLR? Is it an American show, or something? ^_^;
Peachvampiress has an account on DeviantArt. Insanity Within.
And a Myspace account for her clothing designs.

"A number of times, the only thing that kept me out of a satin box was that I could size up the other guy maybe half a second quicker than he could me."

"What the fuck are you talking about? You're taped to a chair."
~Suicide Kings

Dinozore
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Dinozore » Mon Oct 18, 2004 2:15 pm

It's an American giant robot show, basically. Damn good one, too.

This isn't the first anime parody it's done, either. One of the early episodes was a parody of Voltron/Gatchaman/Power Rangers where a team of color-coded people in funny costumes come to Earth to take out the Megas because they think Coop is evil (because of all the accidental destruction that inevitably follows in the wake of Megas). It's a funny episode.,
"Tell my tale to those who ask... tell it truthfully, the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence..." last words of Dinobot, "Code of Hero"
"Is that a poisonous elephant in your pocket or are you happy to see me?" ~another forum
"Monster! I''''m going to collide with you indefinitely as my limbs flail wildly about!" ~NPC, Dragon Warrior VII
"I bet you were thinking how hot it would be to see Tsunade with her gates wide open, inviting you..." ~DuneMan
"To use gaming terms, Tyrannosaurus Rex was a camper--- and he pwned his prey!" ~BaronVonAwesome
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!" ~Dinobot

NameGoesHere
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by NameGoesHere » Tue Oct 19, 2004 12:55 am

I caught the end of it on Saturday when I tuned in for YYH. It's nice to know that Sailor Moon is still getting the traditional parody treatment. I hope I can catch the full episode sometime, even though I don't really like Megas XLR. ^_^;
NameGoesHere - Now made with 100% more ingredients.

jupiter23
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by jupiter23 » Tue Oct 19, 2004 1:41 pm

I'm not really into Megas XLR either, but I caught the end of it when I was waiting for Yu Yu Hakusho to come on, and I was wondering about the bit of this episode that I did catch, and thought for a second that I might be seeing things. Apparently I wasn't.
Come join the party.

If the speed of light is 983,571,088 feet per second, what is the speed of dark?

RAPTOR948
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by RAPTOR948 » Tue Oct 19, 2004 4:32 pm

apparently we see things differently, as a male, the term "ripped" pretains to a mix of flattery and mockery, we guys do this all the time to show our place amoung eachother. hence the use of the term "ripping on others", if you watched South Park you'd understand. I had a few buddies back in college and we used to "rip" on eachother all the time, throwing "zinggers" and "pulling punches", if you understood the full spectrum of "slang", or "lingo", then you'd see there was no grounds to threaten me. but then again, I should've pointed out the slang use of the word "rip".
I appologize for offending anyone. I regret the wrongs I have commited, and am deeply sorry.

Tempest
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Tempest » Tue Oct 19, 2004 5:28 pm

RAPTOR948 wrote:apparently we see things differently, as a male, the term "ripped" pretains to a mix of flattery and mockery, we guys do this all the time to show our place amoung eachother.
::mod mode::
RAPTOR948
Slang amungst friends cannot be labled as slang for the entire gender. I know pleanty of guys who don't use "rip" and that snese and I know pleanty of girls who use it in that term.
RAPTOR948 wrote:.... if you understood the full spectrum of "slang", or "lingo", then you'd see there was no grounds to threaten me.
This supiriority thing you're doing isn't cute. Please do not assume everyone who doesn't see things the way you do is utterly stupid or completely sheltered from sarcasim or slang.

She simply said, "You're on thin ice". That, "I can say what I want, but you're opinion has no value" attitude will not be tolerated. If you make a post and someone has a disagreement or addition to the post, they are welcome to respond directly to you if they feel it's nessary. And if they're out of line by means of attack a mod and admin will reprimand them, like now. Admin, mods, members -- we treat everyone the same and everyone is bound by the same rules.
And really, why shouldn't we be afraid? In case you haven't heard, life is terminal. Cigarettes will kill you. So will your cellphone. Your car is a deadly weapon and alcohol is a quiet killer. Don't lick the lead-based paint on the walls. Don't lick the back of a postage stamp and certainly don't lick any strangers! That will bring you down quickly indeed. Don't drink the water but don't drink less than eight glasses a day. Your enviroment is toxic, your natural resources are dwindling, your days are numbered, but what ever you do, don't panic! The stress, don't you know, will kill you.
-- Jonathon Crane/The Scarecrow Rise of Sin Tzu novel

RAPTOR948
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by RAPTOR948 » Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:18 pm

you dont live near me, nor have you attended any schools I have, so you dont know about some of the local traditions and whatnot. please pardon the superriority complex, it's my psychological defence against people who attempt to bring me down. it developed early in life mentally defending myself from "bullies" by finding weaknesses and exposing them, also valuing in the human error factor and this and that, it eventually brings down the people who bring me down to the point where they cant be in my presence without feeling the deep desire to appologize. if you could see a physichal manefestation of my psychie, it'd be like the labarynth in the greek legend of the minotaur. dark, and with countless coices all leading to the traveler getting lost within.

back on subject: I didnt see that episode of XLR, but I dont think I wanna considering the "spoof"(oh god I hate that word). did anyone send an angry letter to the CN execs and writers?

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:35 pm

RAPTOR948 wrote:you dont live near me, nor have you attended any schools I have, so you dont know about some of the local traditions and whatnot. please pardon the superriority complex, it's my psychological defence against people who attempt to bring me down. it developed early in life mentally defending myself from "bullies" by finding weaknesses and exposing them, also valuing in the human error factor and this and that, it eventually brings down the people who bring me down to the point where they cant be in my presence without feeling the deep desire to appologize. if you could see a physichal manefestation of my psychie, it'd be like the labarynth in the greek legend of the minotaur. dark, and with countless coices all leading to the traveler getting lost within.
ADMIN MODE:

Raptor, ENOUGH. That is IT.

You've got one more warning left for you. That's it. I'm very, very tired of having to constantly spell things out for you. Either get it together, stop with the smart-ass superiority complex, or leave.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Sun Oct 24, 2004 11:41 pm

did anyone send an angry letter to the CN execs and writers?
Unless it's made by Cartoon Network (which I don't know), what's the point of sending riciculous letters to the Executives if they didn't make the show? Honestly I don't think the creators would care if a minority was offended when the majority doesn't have a problem with it.

"A number of times, the only thing that kept me out of a satin box was that I could size up the other guy maybe half a second quicker than he could me."

~Suicide Kings

ParaKiss_Groupie
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by ParaKiss_Groupie » Mon Oct 25, 2004 12:43 am

RAPTOR948 wrote:you dont live near me, nor have you attended any schools I have, so you dont know about some of the local traditions and whatnot. please pardon the superriority complex, it's my psychological defence against people who attempt to bring me down. it developed early in life mentally defending myself from "bullies" by finding weaknesses and exposing them, also valuing in the human error factor and this and that, it eventually brings down the people who bring me down to the point where they cant be in my presence without feeling the deep desire to appologize. if you could see a physichal manefestation of my psychie, it'd be like the labarynth in the greek legend of the minotaur. dark, and with countless coices all leading to the traveler getting lost within.

back on subject: I didnt see that episode of XLR, but I dont think I wanna considering the "spoof"(oh god I hate that word). did anyone send an angry letter to the CN execs and writers?
You are far from being the only member on this board to have been teased in school. Can the "poor me" act, please. We don't care about your school life. What we care about is whether you can follow simple rules or not, which it appears that you can't. If you think we're being such bullies, there's nothing holding you here.
"I loved you. I was a pentapod monster, but I love you. I was despicable and brutal and turpid, mais je t'aimais, je t'aimais. And there were times when I knew how you felt, and it was hell to know it. My Lolita girl, brave Dolly Schuller."
--Vladimir Nabokov, Lolita

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Mon Oct 25, 2004 12:48 am

peachvampiress wrote:
did anyone send an angry letter to the CN execs and writers?
Unless it's made by Cartoon Network (which I don't know), what's the point of sending riciculous letters to the Executives if they didn't make the show? Honestly I don't think the creators would care if a minority was offended when the majority doesn't have a problem with it.
o_O; and to add to that..why on earth would you complain about a parody?! Parodies are completely legal, and are meant to be funny, not insulting. For crying out loud, it's for FUN. I don't think anybody else here is insulted by this.

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Mon Oct 25, 2004 1:01 am

RAPTOR 948, one thing I don't get is this
apparently we see things differently, as a male, the term "ripped" pretains to a mix of flattery and mockery, we guys do this all the time to show our place amoung eachother.
...so, you addmit that it's flattery (which I believe is a compliment), yet you're offended by it. Given Sailormoon's decrease in popularity, I'd be glad that someone spoofs it because it shows that people still acknowledge that it's around. Would you rather no one mention it so that it gets forgotten and people forget what Sailormoon ever was?

~Suicide Kings

Rainbow
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Rainbow » Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:15 am

I hope I don't start a fight by saying this, but then you should be finding this forum to be a safe haven if you listen to the mods. I was teased a lot until I got to college, even about liking Sailor Moon by this one girl. Compared to that time, even when I've been scolded by the mods or had people disagree with my opinions, at least we're all Sailor Moon fans here and so far as I remember, no one's made fun of me on this forum.
http://rainbow774.tripod.com/

The Realm of the Dessert Senshi. My fanfic series that is set in Crystal Tokyo and includes foreign Senshi, fat Senshi, a Senshi in a wheelchair and a magical hyrax.

Starscream
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by Starscream » Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:14 am

I don't mean to single out any one person when I say this, but let's get back on the topic of discussing the episode of MEGAS in question, guys.

</mod mode>
- David Graña

<3 Happily Married to Jennifer since July 16, 2005 <3

"Conquest is made from the ashes of one’s enemies" - Starscream
My Livejournal.

Judge: "Yes. What? You say if I testify I’ll be killed? Oh. It’s for you." (hands the phone to Fry)
Roberto: (On the phone) "And the other hamburger will also be made of your lungs. So long, pal."
Fry: "I refuse to testify on the grounds that my organs will be chopped up into a patty."
Judge: "Ah, the 67th Amendment."
Futurama, Insane in the Mainframe

Leela’s (former) boss: "Oh my various gods!"
Futurama, How Hermes Requisitioned his Groove Back