Heartbreaking Moments?

The amazing anime that this site is dedicated to.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Dr Tomoe
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Dr Tomoe » Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:21 am

Kinda lazy to read all pages, sry...

anime:

Endymion fight SM (add probably the saddest melody into the whole series), and then she cleanses his memory.

Rubeus takes 4 Sailors as hostages into his UFO, leaving Usagi,
Chibiusa and Tuxedo on Earth, and Usagi is ready to hit Chibi, while the latter's crying, and tuxedo stops Usagi... plus the music... god...

When Mimet dies (yes, she's a villain, but quite cute); also the deaths of Nephrite and Zoisite (another interesting and charismatic characters)

I always shed tears while those... I'm a male, but I don't care about crying - cuz I care for feelings.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:08 am

Dr Tomoe wrote:Kinda lazy to read all pages, sry...
ADMIN MODE:

In a topic such as this, where you can list as many moments as you want, that's fine.

But do keep in mind that there ARE topics where we do want you to read all of the pages, becuase we don't want constant repetition.

Part of the reason is becuase of this rule:

"Repeated Topics
If there is a thread in a certain topic that you would like discussed, please keep the topic to that thread. Making multiple threads on one topic is pointless and a waste of space."

We don't want the same things to be posted over and over, taking up space.

So if you are "too lazy" to do this, then perhaps not posting at all would be your best bet?

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

Sailor V
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailor V » Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:54 pm

I cried when Mamoru and Usagi broke up and everytime she tries to et close to him, he pushes her back so rudely that I did manage to feel for her so much. Although I did laugh when Usagi mistook Unazuki for his new girlfriend. :lol: :D
Bob: People! Tiff had to put the crying Usagi banner up! Enter the contest!!! D8
Tiff: They must love making Usagi cry. ;_; poor Usagi.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bumper Sticker: A villiage in Texas is missing its idiot. Send Bush home.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The idiot of 2010: Arnold Schwarzenegger sucks ass! He killed Tookie!
Sailor V: Do not worry! We will all be good little kids and when you come back, everything will be the same. *The place burns up as soon as Tiffu leaves*
Tiff: DAMN YOU ALL.
Sailor V: I DID NOT START IT! *Hides a liter and has Dan tied up in the backroom*
Dan: Gah! Off of me and back to Bob! *replaces self with Bob and runs*
Sailor V: Wait! Come back! I cannot have you interfering with my plans to bring down the forum!

MaybeGlory
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by MaybeGlory » Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:14 am

There are SO many!

1. After Luna tells them of their past and Serena cries that she does not want to fight, that she wants to be ordinary!
2. Molly's Cries when Nephlite disappears.
3. Rini's cries in R about missing her mother.
4. The deaths of the Sailor Scouts in Stars.
5. Malechite's death (When he calls out 'Zoycite! Will be together Again!)
6. Neptune and Uranus's death in Stars. The 'I want to touch your hand' part really got to me.
7. ChibiChibi's Death! SHE WAS SO PRECIOUS!
8. Rini thinking her parents didn't love her in the R Series.
9. Hotaru's fight to control herself against Mistress Nine.

Senshi_of_Vision
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Senshi_of_Vision » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:24 pm

wow all ive read I have to agree with most of the others posts on their versions of the anime that are the most sad. The Nephrite/Naru scene was the first time I really cried hard at the anime and I still cant watch it without the water works. But most of my real tears came when I read the manga, there were so many pivotal scenes that some have mentioned. Pluto's sacrifice in the time arc manga was the one that made me cry the hardest but the end of the manga got me as well, just the series ending made me cry but it was a mixture of happy and sad the Sailors and their Alternate personalities had gone threw so much and matured and I loved the way it ended even if a part of me didnt want to see it end. I think Naoko ended it on a classy note and it still makes me cry when I read it.
"Have you been half asleep? And have youve heard voices?
I hear them calling my name."
Is this the sweet sound, that calls the young sailors?
The voice maybe one in the same.
Ive heard it too many times to ignore it,
its something that I sposed to be..
Someday we''''ll find it, the rainbow connection
The lover, the dreamer, and me..."

*Being a bad girl is such hard work....

Jared
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Jared » Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:13 am

I might be in the minority here, but I've just finished watching the last half of Sailor Moon R in the past couple of weeks and I've got to say that... (Spoilers for the last episode)

[spoiler]I thought Chibi-Usa leaving at the very end was really emotional. I've always liked Chibi-Usa, so I thought Usagi hugging her at the end because she had to leave was really sweet and sad. It also reminded me of a few episodes prior when Usagi was upset and said how the house wasn't the same with Chibi-Usa gone.[/spoiler]

I'm sure there's many more things I could mention, but like I said... R is fresh in my mind, so that's the first thing that jumped out at me.

hinoreisailormars
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

The Saddest, Most Heart-Wrenching Episodes

Post by hinoreisailormars » Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:12 pm

Definitely #45; the Inners' first deaths.

Of course, #196; their second deaths.

And #198; Haruka and Michiru's deaths (this was especially sad)

#194; Seiya's 'Am I not good enough?' (oh, this nearly made me cry; I like Seiya-Usagi better than Mamoru-Usagi!)

#110; when the talismans appear in Michiru and Haruka's pure hearts and Haruka shoots herself

#188; when the Starlights and Inners' identities were revealed, and the Starlights and Inners turn away from each other at the airport without a word

Any others you also thought was sad?

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:23 pm

ADMIN MODE:

We already have a "heartbreaking moments" topic, which is basically the same as yours. Please be sure these topics don't already exist before creating a new one.

Your topic has been merged with the other.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

Princess Latona
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Princess Latona » Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:23 am

I think the most heartbreaking moment for me was in the episode I just watched last night. It's in the R season when the senshi first arrive in Crystal Tokyo with Chibiusa, and later when the image of Endymion is telling them about what happened to Crystal Tokyo. I mean, it has to be difficult to see a future that looks so bleak.

EDIT: I just realized I have a second. I just watched the subbed episode of SM R last night where Saphir is killed. What truly broke my heart (and make me curse the company that dubbed the so-called "lost episodes") is how hacked up they made that episode. I thought the end scenes with Petz holding Saphir's jacket after his death were especially tearful; even more so 'cause it was the first time I'd seen them, having finally reached this point in the subbed anime. I'd choked up slightly when I watched this episode dubbed, but seeing it subbed made me teary-eyed.

I'll tell you, it really steams me that several of her scenes with Saphir were hacked. WTF?? :evil:
Last edited by Princess Latona on Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Master85
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Master85 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:59 am

Heartbreaking moment: part 70, when Cooan (Kermseite) says she lost everything, her home, her love and SailorJupiter tried to attack her.

RainbowCrystal
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by RainbowCrystal » Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:19 pm

Ahh, a heartbreaking moment for me was today, when i finished watching all 200 episodes for the first time, just thinking that Galaxia could win and the universe would be hers, felt like a heartbreak for me.

But then, when i realised that Usagi was winning, it felt like, soaring, and I was very glad that there was some Sailor Moon humour at the end, and that it wasnt all serious. But it still felt like a heartbrek when Moonlight Densetsu started to play, loud and strong in the background.

It's the end of a era for me.

I remember the time when my friends reminded me of Sailor Moon, and i started to watch the japanese version instead of the dubbed version that was on TV a few years ago.

It was like a wonderful feeling, opening up the past, sort of thing, even though the dubbed and the origional are nothing of the same, it reminded me of sitting there on our couch, and of the days where i was younger, a small child, unaware of all the horrible things going on in this world.

And a scene i remember distinctly, is that of Usagi standing on a pathway, and her friends facing her. Yeah, thats all i remember, but it sure is something.

And now, a few months later, here I am, I feel somewhat now, here, in this place and time and planet. It feels so strange, as there could be nothing else but this existance, it feels like time has stopped now. What i mean is, i really cant imagine what it would be like to be 14 in a months time, i really cant imagine what it would be like to go back to school, in only 11 days time.

Everything seems so bizzare and it's like nothing else exists but this existance, being 13, watching Sailor Moon at friends houses, them coming to my house to watch it, laughng and joking, like teenagers, taking every day as it comes, writing assignments, revising for SATS at the end of the year, hoping for the Friday to arrive so that i can do what i please on the weekends, groaning as my mum wakes me up on a Monday morn.

But really, it feels like the end of something, a vital phase in me and my friends lives.

I know it sounds sad, having an ending of a phase in my life just because of a japanese anime, but sailor moon teaches us something every day.

No, Usagi is not perfect, who IS?! She acts like a child, and has fun with her friends, not forgetting to save the day in the end.

If the people who dubbed Sailor Moon couldnt see the moral side of it, and how educational it really is, so as they had to add that Sailor Says bit at the end, they really are blind to love, hope and friendship.

So, I'll continue to read, to anticipate going back to school, and one thing i am sure of, i will definetly start watching Sailor Moon, from the begining, the first free moment i get.

Yes, i know i sound incredibly sad, but i cannot help it.

Anyway, This is definetly the ending of one era.

But the start of a whole new era.

Emma

Master85
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Master85 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:37 pm

SM R movie where I found out Ami, Rei, Makoto and Minako were lonely with no friends before they met Usagi.

Ravynsoul90
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Ravynsoul90 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:34 am

I'm gunna mention some of the overused ones that breaks everyones heart

Anime:
1 - The deaths of the senshi and then their ghosts.
2 - Usagis speech about wanting to be normal(any of them)
3 - Nephrites Death
4 - when En died when the Doom Tree was going to attack Ali
5 - "CRISIS MAKE-UP!"
6 - When Usagi finds out Mamoru is dead(stars)
7 - Stars deaths, all of them were so emtional and heart wretching
8 - Sailor Aluminum Sirens death, she is ultimately my favorite villian and her and Lead Crow remind me of my best friend and I and we both cried when we saw Sirens death
9 - Lead Crows death, "Gomen.. Siren.." I wanted to kill Nyanko
10 - "The End"

Manga
(only 4 but its the most memorable to me)
1- When Pluto stops time and Chibiusa returned to normal, became a senshi, but didnt care and was heartbroken for her best friend.. to me, if this had been animated it would have been even more emotional than the comic, but the only thing we have close to this is Pluto stopping time in the plane and saves Haruka and Michiru only to be blown up in the process.
2- when that bitch kills Kakyuu
3- Kakyuus reaction to the starlights being killed
4- When its shown that girl killing Artemis, Luna and Diana.. WHY KILL THE KITTYS?! WHY!?.. :(

PGSM
1 - Ami-chan becoming evil, but still sympathetic to Nephrite
2 - When Ami-chan thought she killed SMoon and screamed, it made the scene so much more emotional
3 - When Rei's father slapped her across the face, i almost jumped at my computer screen and wanted to hurt him so bad
4 - When Rei recalls her mother in the hospitle dying. it gets me everytime
5 - Makoto thinking she needed to be alone and rejects Motoki
6 - when Naru(who was played by my FAVORITE J-pop singer Kawabe Chieko) watches SMoon fight the youma and gets hurt in the process.
7 - Minakos death.. although she was a huge bitch, by the time she died she was the same as the other girls and not so bitchy and going for the surgery
8 - The Letter Minako left them.. and the song she sings.. they go together so well.
9 - When SMoon has to kill Mamoru.
10 - Although i hate her, when Sailor Luna is holding Artemis as Usagi is destorying the world and she says "Artemis.." and he said "Just like last time.." and you see clips of a few people, (Usagis mom and Shingo, girls at Usagis school ect)
11 - The Movie - When the girls finish fighting the youma and they're looking at the moon and their Henshin items disappear.. i dont know why but this is so sad to me
12 - Movie again - THE WEDDING! I've been waiting and waiting to see them get married and they didnt in the anime, and when they did in PGSM i was SOOOO HAppy!(and plus WHO Catches the flowers :D)

As you can see i'm a bit more of a PGSM fan than the anime, i think with real people it makes things more emotional(others might disagree) To me, all three are like a new version of SM and I love it, its like a spice rack! *is a fat kid in a candy store*

Iced_Cappucino
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Iced_Cappucino » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:47 pm

The only time I have ever been close to tears watchig SM was the senshi's deaths in stars. The scene between Usagi and Rei was so touching and the line "To save important people"
Ross: You got me a cola drink.
Chandler: And a LEMON LIME!

HighC
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by HighC » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:24 pm

1.Jupiter's final words before dying in episode 45
2.Mars's final words before dying in episode 45
3.Usagi looks helplessly at a pure heart crystal less Rei.
4.Neptune's "death scene" in Death of Uranus and Neptune? The talisman appear
5.Uranus's "sacrifice" in same episode as above
6.Sailor Moon desperately trying to transform to Super in Saturn and the Messiah
7.The Sailor Senshi's lonely memories in R movie
8.Sailor Venus pleading for Sailor Moon to not kill Katrina and just revive her.
9.Last scene of episode 42

Alexclow345
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Alexclow345 » Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:31 pm

Now that I'm not a total Venus fanboy, I'll list some more!

1. Usagi realizing that Mamoru was dead in Stars.
2. When Mars was getting kicked by Dumble in 63.
3. The final battle in Classic.
Sailor Jupiter Rules!

Still don''t know why this sig sucks. And I''ve been spelling sailor wrong for 2 years. Huh.
NEW AND IMPROVED: Now with more Jupiter!

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:21 pm

Episodes 45 and 46-Especially Mars' death when she said that she should have kissed Yuchirro (sp?) before leaving.

When Usagi and Mamoru break up.

Anytime Chibi-Usa has homesickness and she desperately needs to help her mother.

When Koan gets rejected and 'fired' by Rubeus and she's about to kill herself and Mars defending her even when Jupiter attempts to kick Koan.

Princess Kayuu's death in both anime and manga.
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
I...Drink...Your...MILKSHAKE!!!-Daniel Plainview, There Will Be Blood
[email protected]#$%, you dont have a future.-The Bride, Kill Bill Vol. 2
Everybody say YATTA!!!
Whats the most youve ever lost on a coin toss?-Anton, No Country For Old Men
Dont toy with me Dr. Jones ! What is the point of all this?-Agent Irina Spalko, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Id sacrifice that bitch to satan!-Raye, Sailor Moon Abridged
I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you cant savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments-The Joker, The Dark Knight
DeviantART
AnimatedEvey12s Myspace, click if you dare!
My Blog
LJ!!!

Iced_Cappucino
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Iced_Cappucino » Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:19 am

When Hawkseye takes Mr. Magic Pierrot's blow for Fisheye. It shows us that the Amazon trio really were close friends.

When the Amazon trio die, especially fisheye, after helping Usagi.

When Usagi is in pain trying to free the Amazoness quartet from Zirconia's trap and Usagi's speech on dreams.
Ross: You got me a cola drink.
Chandler: And a LEMON LIME!

Jamesares
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Jamesares » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:13 am

While I don't usually consider myself a overly emotional person their are a couple of seen in Sailor Moon that actually got to me.

1: Death of Nephlite
2. Death of Senshi in Classic
3. Death of Mars in Stars
There Shall Come One After Me
And From Death’s Icy Grip
She Shall Bring Light Upon The World Once More
And Placed Upon A Crystal Throne
Her Light Shall Shine Forever More
-Rise of Crystal Tokyo 1st Prophecy

“Oh, yes, I can just see it now. I’ll tell the others how I tried to talk you out of this like a reasonable, responsible friend, and you threw a Deep Submerge at me.”
-Rei to Michiru, Long Way Down by RadiantBeam

"I rather laugh with the Sinners than cry with the Saints, the Sinners are much more fun."
-Bill Joel, Only The Good Die Young

Words of Advice:
1. Always remember you are normal, it everyone else that "weird".
2. Remember Ferengi Rules of Acquisition #76: Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies.
3. Jack may be nimble and Jack may be quick, but he still burned his a** on the candlestick.

HighC
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by HighC » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:22 am

.Nephrite's death and how he told Naru that he was glad that he got to meet her.

.The entire scene with Mabaroshi no Ginzuishou playing

.Sailor Venus begging for Moon to not kill Katarina and Moon arguing that Katarina stole her boyfriend. And Venus replying that it wasn't Katarina's fault that Alan liked her better and that Katarina is her friend

.When Jupiter accuses of Mars of hating Usagi and Mars pulls out the silver crystal and says that if she really hated Usagi she wouldn't have accepted something so important. (I'm still mad that the dub ruined a key moment of the Usagi/Rei relationship)

.Jupiter's death and Mar's death in episode 45. I say them over Venus and Mercury because Mako and Rei got their last words before they died.

.Prince Endymion beating on Sailor Moon in 46.

.Also in episode 46 when Mamoru is getting his memories back and Chib Mamoru is in the hospital and Usagi tells him he's not alone and that he has her. And then he turns into adult Mamoru and she holds his hand.

.Cooan's anguish in episode 70 because she now has no home and Mars jumping in the way to prevent Jupiter from attacking her and getting hit by the attack herself

.(I haven't seen the sub version yet) When Wiseman is making Rini think that nobody ever loved her.

.The Senshi's sad memories of their lives before Usagi in the R movie

.Sailor Moon's death at the end of the R movie.

.Neptune's death in S

.Uranus's suicide in S to get her talisman out.

.Sailor Moon's failed attempts to turn into Super Sailor Moon to go after Saturn.

.Neptune and Uranus's death in Sailor Stars