Heartbreaking Moments?

The amazing anime that this site is dedicated to.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Sakuya
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Heartbreaking Moments?

Post by Sakuya » Tue Oct 21, 2003 9:29 pm

What are your most heartbreaking moments in Sailormoon (from either anime or the manga)? Mines is in episode 44 when the Sailor Soldiers' past was revealed. The scene where Prince Endymion was blasted off that balcony and Serenity jumped after him was so touching, especially with that sad music! :? In the DiC dub, the same emotion cannot be conveyed plus, they had to repeat the scene of Serenity running so it'd seem like she was running forever in that small area and I was like: what?! :? It was pretty hilarious though. :P

Also, when Queen Serenity released her Silver Crystal into the air to send everyone to Earth in that same episode, does anyone know what name the background music is called? It's pretty beautiful, the piano music. :)

Luchia Nanami
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Luchia Nanami » Tue Oct 21, 2003 9:53 pm

When Minako was all down and stuff about her heart crystal not getting stolen was some pretty sad stuff to me. :(

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:00 pm

oh lordy..
1) in SMR movie, when fiore's sucking usagi's energy, and the senshi are remembering when they were alone, and that sad piano music is playing.
2) when Luna is sobbing in the SMS movie. So sad.
3) Seiya and Usagi: "Am I not Enough?"
4) The senshi dying in stars
5) everytime the starlights do that heartbreaking scream, i want to sob.
6) The outers deaths in stars ("I want to touch your hand..") *SOB*
7) Moon screaming "Crisis Make up" at the end of S
8) Rei's death in ep. 45, when she grabs that monster and screams her attack.
9) Aluminum Siren's death.

EDITED to add more stuff ^^;
Last edited by Tiff on Wed Oct 22, 2003 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

Rainbow
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Rainbow » Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:07 pm

1) Any time Chibi-Usa-sama is missing her parents in R. I seriously think she's having at least slight post-traumatic stress there.

2) When Chibi-Usa-sama gets taken away on the ship in the SuperS movie. I don't usually cry over movies, but I think my eyes started watering when I saw that. In the end, too, I get choked up, but it's a happy reason.

Actually, anything really bad happening to Chibi-Usa-sama is sad to me.

I can't think of any others. Maybe when the Senshi are dying in the end of the first season, but I think the sad Chibi-Usa-sama moments affect me more since she's my favorite.
http://rainbow774.tripod.com/

The Realm of the Dessert Senshi. My fanfic series that is set in Crystal Tokyo and includes foreign Senshi, fat Senshi, a Senshi in a wheelchair and a magical hyrax.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:08 pm

Rainbow wrote: 2) When Chibi-Usa-sama gets taken away on the ship in the SuperS movie. I don't usually cry over movies, but I think my eyes started watering when I saw that. In the end, too, I get choked up, but it's a happy reason.
Yeah, I actually got choked up when I saw that, too, mainly becuase of Usagi's expression and Chibiusa's reaching out to her.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

Tempest
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Tempest » Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:39 pm

1) Classic Sailormoon. The fight with Zoicite, Tuxedo Kamen, and Sailormoon. When Zoicite attacked Tuxedo kamen and you discovered the Usagi was the princess. I swear to god, the first time I ever watched it I cried. I mean, not a full-blown river, but still.

2) I got choaked up a good number of time in Stars. My heart just went out to Seiya.

This one contains spoilers for S. I'm not sure who's seen it.

[spoiler]
3) Sailormoon S. When Prof. Tomoe was holding Mistress 9 right after the blast by Pharo 90. That Father/Daughter moment when he thought that she was dying. About how he loved her and how he regretted all the bad things that had happned. I was cried when I thought she was dying. Again. Not a full-blown cry, but tears were shed.
[/spoiler]
And really, why shouldn't we be afraid? In case you haven't heard, life is terminal. Cigarettes will kill you. So will your cellphone. Your car is a deadly weapon and alcohol is a quiet killer. Don't lick the lead-based paint on the walls. Don't lick the back of a postage stamp and certainly don't lick any strangers! That will bring you down quickly indeed. Don't drink the water but don't drink less than eight glasses a day. Your enviroment is toxic, your natural resources are dwindling, your days are numbered, but what ever you do, don't panic! The stress, don't you know, will kill you.
-- Jonathon Crane/The Scarecrow Rise of Sin Tzu novel

Starscream
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by Starscream » Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:42 pm

1. Nephrite gets killed by Zoisite's youma. This is the one and only time I've ever cried at a cartoon, and to this day I still get tears at the dialogue that Nephrite and Naru share.

2. Zoisite in Kunzite's arms. "I want to die beautifully"...goes to show you that love is love, regardless of whom its between.
- David Graña

<3 Happily Married to Jennifer since July 16, 2005 <3

"Conquest is made from the ashes of one’s enemies" - Starscream
My Livejournal.

Judge: "Yes. What? You say if I testify I’ll be killed? Oh. It’s for you." (hands the phone to Fry)
Roberto: (On the phone) "And the other hamburger will also be made of your lungs. So long, pal."
Fry: "I refuse to testify on the grounds that my organs will be chopped up into a patty."
Judge: "Ah, the 67th Amendment."
Futurama, Insane in the Mainframe

Leela’s (former) boss: "Oh my various gods!"
Futurama, How Hermes Requisitioned his Groove Back

FoxFire
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by FoxFire » Tue Oct 21, 2003 11:04 pm

1. Rei's first death, when Usagi begs her not to go but Rei tells her she will have to go on alone and tries to say she's strong enough, knowing she probably won't make it.

2. Safir's death after trying to go good, and Petz crying for him.

3. Rei's second death, where Usagi tells her she needs her, and she replies "baka, you've still got Mamoru."
Fox

"You''ll regret being so damn abusive when the electric UFO gods transphase in from Dimension 10 to appoint me Manager of the Universe."
--The Drummer

"We share a culture, same vernacular/Love of physical humor and time spent alone
You with your penchant for spontaneous advents/For sticky unrests to be unearthed and then gone"
--Alanis Morissette

Em
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Em » Wed Oct 22, 2003 9:51 am

Zocites death adn how Malcite reactes to it and shesays she want's to be preety ( I've only seen teh dubb so I'll use dub treams)

Molly and Nephrite last momnet together ( again dub version only)

Uranus and Neptunes death in Stars cokes me up when I see that clip

Neptune's death in Super over and how Urans looks when she relize and then does what she has to do and how Usagi reactes

Lethe and Mnemosyne's death in Stars manga very much like Neptune's and Uranus but still sad
The Doctor: What''''s the use of a good quotation if you can''''t change it?

[referring back to Ace''''s earlier, rather transparent denial of packing Nitro-9]
The Seventh Doctor: Ace, give me some of that Nitro-9 you''''re not carrying.

The Seventh Doctor: [the Doctor is knelt coughing on the ground having blown up a Dalek with some nitro-9 explosive. The fuse had a shorter time on it than Ace told him] Ace! You said ten seconds.
Ace: Nobody''''s perfect Professor

"He seriously looks like a hot chocolate pimp"- peachvampiress on Johnny Depp in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Helping mate find her way out of college wiht other mate due to the fact she didn't have contact len's in
"He was cute"
"That was a women"
"Really?"
"Yes"

yoshmaster5
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337
Location: Richland/Kalamazoo, MI, or Central Michigan University

Post by yoshmaster5 » Wed Oct 22, 2003 3:12 pm

Senshi's deaths... just so hard to watch...
-Adam Picard-
Blake? oh, like a coffee break!!
Poet? What is that? Is it tasty? Is it a popular new snack? Usagi, Stars 179

James: For some reason I'm seeing you in a nurse's uniform...
Steve: Thank you Jeff, that will be all. ... He's not here, is he? Oh God I've internalized him...
-Coupling; The Freckle, the Key, and the Couple who weren't

'Who will tell us about this? Oh, no it is didnt know New Orleans was underwater guy.'
-Jon Stewart, The Daily Show

"Plus, Act now and you'll get the Mood of Dick Cheney! Including Rage, *RANH* Irritability, *RANH* and Mind-Blowing Orgasmic pleasure! *RAAAAANH* Order now!"
-The Daily Show, 8-22-06

Jeff
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jeff » Wed Oct 22, 2003 3:57 pm

[spoiler]
- The scene in episode 45 in which the ghosts of the fallen senshi comfort Usagi. Something about that just gets to me.

- When Mamoru dies at the end of Classic. He tells Usagi to "get a cool boyfriend or something", because he wants he wants her to find happiness and he obviously knows he's dying. Then Usagi says "Mamoru, you're the coolest.", then... he DIES :cry:. Why, oh why?

- Usagi's death in the R movie. I had no idea she was going to die. When the crystal shattered and her eyes went blank I was just... in shock. It ruined my weekend, even though she came back.

- Like Rainbow said, basically any homesickness Chibusa gets in R.

- Neptune's "death" in S. So.. many.. nerf darts.

- Kaorinite's longing for Professor Tomoe. Geez, he doesn't have to be so cold. Her two deaths were pretty sad too.

- Chibusa's pure heart crystal being taken by Hotaru.

- The deaths of the Amazon Trio members. It was even sadder when they turned into dead animals.

- Queen Nehelenia being all sad/old.

- Kakyuu-hime's death... and basically the last episodes of Sailor Stars.

[/spoiler]

Dinozore
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Dinozore » Wed Oct 22, 2003 4:22 pm

I always thought Uranus and Neptune's deaths were kind of bizarre. I mean, they get shot with like a hundred dart thingies each... where's the blood? That cathedral should have been painted red with it...

Um, Episode 45 was pretty sad. Especially Ami's death

The part of the R movie when Moon Revenge was playing, also.

And the deaths of Uranus and Neptune...
"Tell my tale to those who ask... tell it truthfully, the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence..." last words of Dinobot, "Code of Hero"
"Is that a poisonous elephant in your pocket or are you happy to see me?" ~another forum
"Monster! I''''m going to collide with you indefinitely as my limbs flail wildly about!" ~NPC, Dragon Warrior VII
"I bet you were thinking how hot it would be to see Tsunade with her gates wide open, inviting you..." ~DuneMan
"To use gaming terms, Tyrannosaurus Rex was a camper--- and he pwned his prey!" ~BaronVonAwesome
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!" ~Dinobot

TuxedoLuke
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by TuxedoLuke » Wed Oct 22, 2003 4:35 pm

One of my saddest moments is towards the end of the S series,

Usagi is screaming "Crisis Make Up!" over and over and over to transform into super sailor moon, even though she knows it wont work. I think it shows her real determination to save Hotaru, and to me, was one of the saddest moments of the entire season.

TuxedoLuke
Last edited by TuxedoLuke on Wed Oct 22, 2003 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ojamajo_LimePie
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Ojamajo_LimePie » Wed Oct 22, 2003 4:36 pm

• Episode 24 - Neprhite's death and Naru-chan's reaction
  • Episode 42 - Minako's past
  • Episode 45 - senshi's deaths (esp. Jupiter & Mars), senshi's ghosts comforting Sailormoon
  • Episode 46 - Mamoru's death, Usagi's "ordinary life" monologue
  • Episode 47 - Usagi regains her memories of being a senshi
  • Episode 86 - Saphir's death
  • Episode 87 - Demando's death
  • Episode 110 - Uranus & Neptune's deaths
  • Episode 123 - Chibiusa's Heart Crystal is taken
  • Episode 125 - Saturn's "Sayonara", Sailormoon's Super transformation
  • Episode 148 - Fisheye's broken heart
  • Episode 149 - death of the Amazon Trio
  • Episode 161 - Chibiusa won't let Pegasus go
  • Episode 188 - Seiren's death
  • Episode 190 - Starlights' past
  • Episode 193 - Lead Crow's death
  • Episode 194 - "Am I not good enough?"
  • Episode 195 - Kakyuu's death
  • Episode 196 - Inners' deathes
  • Episode 197 - Sailormoon finds out about Mamoru's death
  • Episode 198 - Uranus & Neptune's deaths
  • Episode 200 - After the credits "The End"
Join the campaign to get Ojamajo Doremi released with subtitles!
Subtitle Our Doremi! Campaign

ParaKiss_Groupie
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by ParaKiss_Groupie » Wed Oct 22, 2003 5:23 pm

Anime:

~When Alan and Katarina think that Minako has died, and they embrace. Minako lets the picture go, and it flies into the wind...

~When Sailor Mars dies in the end of Classic. It's such a powerful moving scene, when she grabs the Youma's arm thing, and kills her. I was crying so bad!!

~The entire Mamoru/Usagi break-up thing. I was getting sooo pissed at him!! It was sooo sad!!

~When Catzi (I haven't seen the subtitled R, so I'm not going by her Japanese name--which I don't even know) is healed by Sailor Moon. How she was ready to kill herself, and Sailor Mars stopped her. I was crying!

~Sailor Moon attempting to become Super Sailor Moon in S, but couldn't.

~Rei's death in Stars. (Are sensing a pattern with me and Rei?)

Manga:

~Queen Beryl's backstory. So... sad...

~When Sailor Moon finally realizes that she had nothing to be jealous of between Mamoru/Chibi-Usa, only to return from Nemesis to find them both missing!

~When Sailor Pluto died after freezing time to stop Demando from combining the power of the Ginzuishous.

~The entire Stars manga, specifically Sailor Kinmoku's death at the hands of Sailor Phi, as well as Sailor Lethe and Sailor Mnesoyne's death (I think they're lovers!).
"I loved you. I was a pentapod monster, but I love you. I was despicable and brutal and turpid, mais je t'aimais, je t'aimais. And there were times when I knew how you felt, and it was hell to know it. My Lolita girl, brave Dolly Schuller."
--Vladimir Nabokov, Lolita

Vchan
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Vchan » Wed Oct 22, 2003 5:58 pm

-Nephrite's death. After having seen the dub of this episode over twenty times, I thought I couldn't cry when I saw the original; Molly's anguish was pretty effective, but Naru just SCREAMS, and it's this horrible scream that just wrenches at your heart. Usagi, Ami and Rei are watching, and crying silently and...

When the crystal strikes Tux in the back in the ginzuishou/princess ep. You see Sailor Moon's head in front of a red background and it's absolutely silent and she goes 'Uh', and I get so misty-eyed.

Minako letting go of the picture in 42.

-The part where Ami stays behind the others have to push Usagi forward and it's just a series of stills of the others walking away.

-Rei's death.

-Near the end of Moonlight Densetsu: 'Fushigi ni kiseki kurosu shite nandomo meguri au.' Even when I'm just listening to the song, I cry. Also, Usagi's normal life monologue.

-'To the normal Usagi, bye-bye.'

-When Saffir and Demand die

-Chibiusa's flashback about running in the rain and falling down.

-The girls flashbacks to how Usagi changed their lives- where it's all monochrome of their image colours- especially Minako's and Ami's.

-Neptune's S death

-When Mistress Nine takes Chibiusa's heart crystal and all she says is 'I'm glad you're alright, Hotaru-chan'.

-When Hotaru is fighting Mistress Nine for control of their body

-All the Saturn bits, up until the end of that episode. Saturn talking to Chibiusa, 'Sayanora', 'CRISIS MAKE UP!'

-The Amazon Trios' death

-When the Quartet break their balls in unison. There's something oddly powerful about the scene.
"Come on, you can do better than that!"- Famous last words.

Brak
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Brak » Wed Oct 22, 2003 6:24 pm

Nephrite's death is very sad, and also in episode 45 when Sailor Moon and the other senshi leave Mercury. The whole scene is very depressing, as Sailor Moon looks back and is pulled away by Mars and Venus.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Wed Oct 22, 2003 8:06 pm

T_T you guys are mentioning things that i should have mentioned.

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

ParaKiss_Groupie
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by ParaKiss_Groupie » Wed Oct 22, 2003 8:37 pm

This is a horrible topic. Reading everything here is making me wanna cry!
"I loved you. I was a pentapod monster, but I love you. I was despicable and brutal and turpid, mais je t'aimais, je t'aimais. And there were times when I knew how you felt, and it was hell to know it. My Lolita girl, brave Dolly Schuller."
--Vladimir Nabokov, Lolita

Celexa
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Celexa » Wed Oct 22, 2003 9:10 pm

Most scenes are heartybreak-y to me, (In fact there's at least five each season) but mine would have to be episode 45. I usually get all teary eyes during the sad moments, but my tears found their way down to my mouth...truth be told I was very very close to audiable sobs. (I'm getting teary as I type this) Now whenever I watch that episode I need a pillow to hug ^^;

Me: This is coming from the kid who doesn't know what Viagra is!
Ko: It's cold medicine, right?
Our Group: NO!!!
Me: Can I just say?
Dylan: Sure, it's no weirder than what normally comes out of your mouth.
Me: (says what)
Ko: .....What's that?
Me: ......*starts crying*
Carley: STEVE! STEVE GET OVER HERE AND TELL KO WHAT VIAGRA DOES!
Steve: See, it's like this: The bridge goes up and the soldiers rush out....

Tiff: Aww, you killed someone for me. That's so sweet in a f***ed up sort of way!