most touching moments

The amazing anime that this site is dedicated to.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

devilmaykickass
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by devilmaykickass » Thu Dec 30, 2004 9:09 am

I think the scene that tears me up the most inside is in episode 45:[spoiler]When Usagi is sitting on the ground alone after Mecury, Mars, Venus, and Jupiter have been killed by the DD Girls, and she's saying to herself "This has to be a dream. I'll wake up in the morning, and say just a little while longer. I look at the clock and I'm running late as always. Rei tells me how stupid I am and yells at me. Ami tells me I should study harder...ect." and then their spirits are all standing there and tell her to run and hurry up to finish her mission, and that they are always with her.[/spoiler] :cry:

That part is just so powerful, with the sad background music and all...the Japanese uncut version anyway.

isaisa
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by isaisa » Sun Jan 02, 2005 10:52 pm

[spoiler]
- The episode with Princess Dia the end scene where Mamoru kisses Usagi makes me go AWWW!
- The last two episodes of the Classic have produced tears
- When I first saw the episode (dubbed though...I was 11/12 :lol: ) where Usagi becomes Princess Serenity, I cried for like an hour. hehe.
- The last couple episodes of the Stars season. Haruka and Michiru...their death scene just made my heart ache.
- A few of the episodes of Seiya and Usagi, it was just all AWWish :D [/spoiler]
R.I.P. Jennifer Blanco 11/09/87 - 11/13/05

"I go with the flow. Whatever music you play for me, I will dance."
- Gael Garcia Bernal

I AM BAAAAAAAAAAACK!!!

Vesta
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Vesta » Mon Jan 03, 2005 5:40 am

The end of the manga always chokes me up. The whole, "You're the brightest, most beautiful star" part. I couldn't think of a better ending myslef. On the same note, I got all emotional at the end of the anime. There's that huge sense of finality that you don't want. *sigh*

mizangelamy
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by mizangelamy » Mon Jan 03, 2005 6:09 pm

isaisa wrote:[spoiler]
- The episode with Princess Dia the end scene where Mamoru kisses Usagi makes me go AWWW!

- When I first saw the episode (dubbed though...I was 11/12 :lol: ) where Usagi becomes Princess Serenity, I cried for like an hour. hehe. [/spoiler]
Those 2 are my favorite parts of Sailor Moon Series to which I wish I want bf like Mamoru.
James and I are happily waiting to see our first born son on April 22, 2009!
Mrs. Green is happily married to her airman since May 10, 2008
"Gee, I never thought I had an effect on people until I was in Korea."~ Marilyn Monroe ~
"Not knowing of the dawn, not seeing the coming night, only my garnet eye crosses time, and I think of the people I love."~ Garnet Guardian from SM Memorial Song Box ~
"...the secret song of love is locked deep in my heart."~ Secret from SM Memorial Song Box ~

MySpace= add me!

SailorSpace
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by SailorSpace » Mon Jan 03, 2005 8:53 pm

[spoiler]In the last episode, when Queen Metallia is defeated, Sailor Moon falls backwards, and gives her thanks while looking up at the sky. Then she wishes she could just be a normal girl and live a normal life. That's probably one of the most touching moments in all of the first season.[/spoiler]
"Miko Miko Nurse"
Madamada iku yo!!
Miko miko nurse! Miko miko nurse!
namamugi namagome miko miko nurse!!
Kaerue pyoko pyoko miko miko nurse!!
Miko miko nurse! Miko moko nurse!
Sexual violet miko miko nurse!!
Soul train miko miko nurse!!
Anesan rokkaku miko miko nurse!!
Riichi ippatsu miko miko nurse!
Saigo ni mou icchou! HAI!!
Miko miko nurse!!

Oh my god.

That's so incredibly fucked up and so incredibly cute all at the same time.-Tiff-Chan

Seeking a band.

Super Sailor Mars
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Super Sailor Mars » Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:58 am

Sorry to resurrect this thread. e.e

[spoiler]The first time that I saw the R movie, when Rei is trying to wake Usagi, it made me cry lots and lots. Any moment between Rei/Usagi when death is involved makes me cry. And basically throughout the entire last two episodes of Stars I was in tears.[/spoiler][/i]

Rivalee
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Rivalee » Wed Jan 19, 2005 1:33 am

The most touching scenes to me are;
*Naru's and Nephrite's little happy moment before the demons attacked.
*When Queen Serenity sends the souls of the fallen to earth
and
*when Luna transforms into a human
My youtube-account / My multiply-account

I dunno. I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box. And then when I put it on, I suddenly got this feeling of inner peace. I can´t put it into words. I feel... safe. Like this is where I was meant to be. Like I´d found the key to true happiness.
~Snake from Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

I´m some kind of high powered mutant, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Bad luck! I´m are suffering from Rivalee´s Syndrome.
Cause: thinking too hard
Symptoms: aphasia, vague gills, mildly squeaky voice, eyelid swelling
Cure: cryogenic freezing until science catches up

Artemis Lover
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by Artemis Lover » Sat Jan 29, 2005 11:26 pm

Can't help but post ^^
My VERY FAVORITE cute scene is in the manga where Luna becomes a human, there's this picture of Artemis, waiting for her, about 6 inches of snow on his head. SO cute, especially because Artemis is my very favorite character.
I'm also, like just about everyone, a big fan of the "hand romance" scene. I cannot see how they dubbed that. It's like, "I'm your cousin, now let's have this huge romantic hand-touch."
My favorite Mamoru-Usagi part is in the very end of the manga, when she tells him to say he loves her, and then he mentions how he said a marriage proposal "50 times last night," it was so cute and sort of reminded you that they (at least she) was pretty much still a kid.
“See this butt? Yeah. Look at it. LOOK AT MY BUTT. This is all you’re getting. MY BUTT to look at it. Yeah, bet you’re sorry now, aren’t you? You’d like to see my cute fuzzy face, wouldn’t you? But all you’re getting is the BUTT. LOOK AT IT. LOOK AT MY BUTT. Sucker.”
The thing is, Henrietta has—how can I put this? Kind of a big butt. If Henrietta were a celebrity? She’d be J-Lo.
Not that J-Lo has what I would call a big butt. But others have opined that this is so. I think J-Lo has a normal, healthy butt. As does Henrietta.
~Meg Cabot

Makaiju
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Makaiju » Fri Feb 25, 2005 3:52 pm

This scene doesn't stick out as very important or memorable, but since it hasn't been mentioned yet (I think, didn't see it anywhere), I thought I'd share.

In one of the earlier episodes of SuperS when we meet Mamoru's classmate Saori, there's a scene at the end where the Lemures of the day (pooko-chan, I believe) goes to attack the stranded Mamoru. Sailor Moon leaps in front, blocking the advance, her face buried in the plastic balloon body. Sailor Moon struggles to breathe, trying to push the monster back helplessly. The Lemures begins to cry, touched that she would sacrifice herself for the one she loves. Mamoru, stricken with worry and grief, rips himself out and stabs the Lemures with a knife that he was being pinned down with.

Something about that moment gets me every time.

ChibiUsagi
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by ChibiUsagi » Fri Feb 25, 2005 6:14 pm

The beginning of the Stars season when Neherenia is resurrected and she puts the senshi through the trials and at the end when she starts freaking out when they all look at her. She may be evil but I always get choked up when they save her and tell her that everything will be alright. The end of all the seasons chock me up the most, when everyone dies at the end of the 1st, when Mamoru protects Usagi in the end of Ail and Ann's part, and when Usagi.

that show just all around chocks me up :D I'm really a sap!

sailormoonhannah
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

I'm a sap too!!!

Post by sailormoonhannah » Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:09 am

I get really into sailor moon and when I see them in pain I have to cry like when Mamoru broke up with Usagi I thought I would never be the same but of course I was better the next time Usagi fell on her but! so its all good.

Candyman1014
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Candyman1014 » Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:28 am

yamijounouchi wrote:when serena found out she was the moon princess. i still haven't seen this scene in japanese, but the music in the dub was perfect in my opinion.
That was the reason why I started watching Sailor Moon!! :D :D

I saw the one were they met Sailor Venus and then that episode;

I like the One (Sailor Moon R)Where Jupiter talking about how she met her friend(can't remember his name), and when she running after her boyfriend in the rain, she stops, Starts to cry and her friend puts his umbrella over her; I thought that was pretty cool!!
(English Version)

sailorspazz
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by sailorspazz » Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:04 pm

*Zoisite's death scene. I thought it was pretty touching when I first saw it in English, but then I saw the Japanese version and was just blown away. It was so touching, with Zoisite telling Kunzite he loved him with tears in his eyes ;_;

*Kunzite's death scene. The way he called out for Zoisite to lead his spirit to him....awww.

*The death scenes of the Senshi at the end of the first season, especially Mars. Just so moving....

*From the R movie, Mars yelling at Moon to "wake up!" at the end.

*From the end of SuperS, Helios leaving. I felt so sad for Chibiusa, having to watch her love leave ;_;

*From the end of Stars, [spoiler]The deaths of Uranus and Neptune as they reached out for each other. Even more so, Usagi screaming her head off after Rei died in her arms. That scene was just....wow. The level of emotion portrayed by her seiyuu was just incredible[/spoiler]
You will bow to me!

RoastedTwinkies
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by RoastedTwinkies » Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:01 am

I thought it was touching in R, when everyone thought that Ami was really going to study abroad in Germany. It's kind of cheesy, I know. But I have moved around a lot, and I'm not good with accepting major changes like that. It touches me more so because I can relate I think.

In PGSM:

[spoiler]When Ami regains her memories when she's fighting against Moon.[/spoiler]

Rainbow
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Rainbow » Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:08 am

-The end of the SuperS movie where Usagi gets all the power of the other Senshi and revives Chibi-Usa, and then they do the special double attack together!

-In the beginning of Stars (Nehelenia Arc) when Usagi sacrifices herself to Nehelenia. I often use it as one of the examples of why I like Usagi so much, especially after all Nehelenia put her through.
http://rainbow774.tripod.com/

The Realm of the Dessert Senshi. My fanfic series that is set in Crystal Tokyo and includes foreign Senshi, fat Senshi, a Senshi in a wheelchair and a magical hyrax.

purplefeltangel
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by purplefeltangel » Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:49 pm

I know several people have mentioned this already, but . . . .

I would've been about four, maybe five when I saw the English episode "Crystal Clear Destiny." When she finds out she's the moon princess and "There Will Come a Day" starts playing, I started crying. I still can't listen to that song without getting all choked up. ;_;'

Also, in the same episode, when Jupiter says, "You know, for a princess, you're pretty heavy," and Serena mutters, "I heard that . . . ." I don't know if it was in the original at all, but I was crying and laughing at the same time when I saw it. ^^;;

As for the manga, the whole of tankoubon eleven is heart-wrenching to me. :') I know it's all I ever talk about, but not only was it the first one I read, but it was the reason I bought the first ten. *sniff* I just thought, "After this, I can never go back to the anime!" When Artemis gives Luna the sugar stars . . . *sniff* :')

Slrjoecool
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by Slrjoecool » Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:27 pm

purplefeltangel wrote:...I would've been about four, maybe five when I saw the English episode "Crystal Clear Destiny." When she finds out she's the moon princess and "There Will Come a Day" starts playing, I started crying. I still can't listen to that song without getting all choked up. ;_;'

Also, in the same episode, when Jupiter says, "You know, for a princess, you're pretty heavy," and Serena mutters, "I heard that . . . ." I don't know if it was in the original at all, but I was crying and laughing at the same time when I saw it. ^^;;...
The song is actually called "My Only Love", and I had to rewind my poor old VHS tape 5-10 time to listen to that song. It was lovely.

And the second scene you mention (The one with the "heavy princess" part) was actually in the next episode as the "Crystal Clear Destiny" ended with everyone finding out that "Serena" was the Moon Princess.
~~ Married to my Tiffu on August 4th, 2007 ~~

Flesh may cross the portal,
and seek it’s master Death.
Life may go where Death has trod,
and challenge, like Scheherazade,
he who reigns beneath the sod,
to spare a mortal’s breath.

My Journal: Hope
Web Gallery of Michael’s Pictures

purplefeltangel
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by purplefeltangel » Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:30 pm

Slrjoecool wrote:
purplefeltangel wrote:...I would've been about four, maybe five when I saw the English episode "Crystal Clear Destiny." When she finds out she's the moon princess and "There Will Come a Day" starts playing, I started crying. I still can't listen to that song without getting all choked up. ;_;'

Also, in the same episode, when Jupiter says, "You know, for a princess, you're pretty heavy," and Serena mutters, "I heard that . . . ." I don't know if it was in the original at all, but I was crying and laughing at the same time when I saw it. ^^;;...
The song is actually called "My Only Love", and I had to rewind my poor old VHS tape 5-10 time to listen to that song. It was lovely.

And the second scene you mention (The one with the "heavy princess" part) was actually in the next episode as the "Crystal Clear Destiny" ended with everyone finding out that "Serena" was the Moon Princess.
Ahh. You'll have to forgive me; I last saw it when I was four or five.

And I said Serena because I was referring to the English dub, not the Japanese original.

Slrjoecool
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by Slrjoecool » Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:33 pm

purplefeltangel wrote:Ahh. You'll have to forgive me; I last saw it when I was four or five.

And I said Serena because I was referring to the English dub, not the Japanese original.
Yes, I know, I just hate that name... ^__^;;;
~~ Married to my Tiffu on August 4th, 2007 ~~

Flesh may cross the portal,
and seek it’s master Death.
Life may go where Death has trod,
and challenge, like Scheherazade,
he who reigns beneath the sod,
to spare a mortal’s breath.

My Journal: Hope
Web Gallery of Michael’s Pictures

purplefeltangel
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by purplefeltangel » Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:40 pm

While we're on the subject of dubs, I remember I cried when I saw the end of the R movie (dubbed), but I don't remember what was going on except that everyone was sitting around in outer space. XD; It's funny, I would have been like, eleven or twelve then, and I remember less about that than I do about SM and SMR, which I saw when I was four, five and six and haven't seen since. XD;