Which Senshi get's Shafted the most?

The amazing anime that this site is dedicated to.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Iced_Cappucino
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Iced_Cappucino » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:14 pm

You guys need to thinka bout the storyline. What reason would there have been for Saturn to pop up after Nehelenia? I love Saturn as much as the next Saturn fan, but there would have been NO REASON for her. She can't really attack without large consequences (and i'm not counting Silence Wall, becuase that's strictly defense), so she's of no use until they have to fight a large enemy: AKA Galaxia. If they had included her in all of those filler and starlights episodes, she would have just been standing there all the time.
Well they needn't necesessarily be on screen simply for battles. In the S series Hotaru appeared a lot in her civilian form so they could have just done that, especially with Chibi-Usa as the two of them were so close.

I have to agree with Pluto and Saturn for reasons already stated but if I were going for the main senshi I would have to say Makoto. There really were very few episodes where she was the focus or was a great help. She's not one of my favourite soldiers due to me knowing nothing about her.
Ross: You got me a cola drink.
Chandler: And a LEMON LIME!

rockable
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by rockable » Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:09 pm

Definetely Pluto. We really don't know a thing about her. There are victims of the day who get more character development than poor Setsuna. :(
Hotaru also has about five lines of dialogue in total in Stars, but at least she appears a lot in S.
Also the Inner Senshi after S. Technically not since they appear a lot, but they're reduced to flat comic relief characters saying the same catch phrases again and again. Makoto is really kind of boring in the anime, I never cared about her one way or the other until I saw her awesome PGSM incarnation.;)

HighC
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by HighC » Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:46 pm

Makato and Minako. Minako didn't appear until halfway through season 1 and Minako didn't even appear until the last third of it. Both times when the inners get new attacks (excluding the attacks from Ail/Ann saga that they never used again anyways) while Ami and Rei get their own indiviudal episodes Mina and Mako have to share an episode. And in R when Rei helped Cooan and Ami helped Beruche neither Mako nor Mina got to help their Phantom Sister counterpart.

Dinozore
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Dinozore » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:56 pm

Tiff wrote:
sailor_moon_R wrote:It definietly has to be Tuxedo Mask. After the first season, he just.... disappeared (not literally). Sailor Saturn had more screen time than him (hint: sarcasm)
Tuxedo Mask isn't technically a senshi. And he never disappeared o.O He appeared at every one of sailor moon's battles, just about. And the entire Nehelenia arc centers around him.
On the other hand, he did get shafted out of having powers like he did in the manga...
"Tell my tale to those who ask... tell it truthfully, the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence..." last words of Dinobot, "Code of Hero"
"Is that a poisonous elephant in your pocket or are you happy to see me?" ~another forum
"Monster! I''''m going to collide with you indefinitely as my limbs flail wildly about!" ~NPC, Dragon Warrior VII
"I bet you were thinking how hot it would be to see Tsunade with her gates wide open, inviting you..." ~DuneMan
"To use gaming terms, Tyrannosaurus Rex was a camper--- and he pwned his prey!" ~BaronVonAwesome
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!" ~Dinobot

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:18 pm

Dinozore wrote: On the other hand, he did get shafted out of having powers like he did in the manga...
He still isn't classified as a sailor senshi.

>_> And I can't say he lost out on a whole bunch.. Tuxedo la Smoking Bomber? . Yeah.

My major point, however, was that he doesn't disappear really until Stars...and that's because his disappearance is a pretty big plot point.

Of course, I'm one of those people who's glad he disappeared.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

HighC
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by HighC » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:55 pm

Tiff wrote:
Dinozore wrote: On the other hand, he did get shafted out of having powers like he did in the manga...

Of course, I'm one of those people who's glad he disappeared.
Got to agree with you on that. I don't hate Mamoru or anything but after Classic, the only season where he was remotely interesting, he became really bland and just got more and more useless as the show progress.