Which Senshi get's Shafted the most?

The amazing anime that this site is dedicated to.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Em
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Which Senshi get's Shafted the most?

Post by Em » Tue Oct 21, 2003 7:06 pm

Sncie this came up a few time in teh mercury one I thought I'd start a new thread.

I for oen think it's Staurn she doesn't get a transofrmation sence.
Then again the disspaernce of Pluto is never explained ( or it is and i don't know of it) after what she did in Super
The Doctor: What''''s the use of a good quotation if you can''''t change it?

[referring back to Ace''''s earlier, rather transparent denial of packing Nitro-9]
The Seventh Doctor: Ace, give me some of that Nitro-9 you''''re not carrying.

The Seventh Doctor: [the Doctor is knelt coughing on the ground having blown up a Dalek with some nitro-9 explosive. The fuse had a shorter time on it than Ace told him] Ace! You said ten seconds.
Ace: Nobody''''s perfect Professor

"He seriously looks like a hot chocolate pimp"- peachvampiress on Johnny Depp in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Helping mate find her way out of college wiht other mate due to the fact she didn't have contact len's in
"He was cute"
"That was a women"
"Really?"
"Yes"

Stephen Victor
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Re: Which Senshi get's Shafted the most?

Post by Stephen Victor » Tue Oct 21, 2003 7:11 pm

I'd definitely go with Pluto.

It's true that Saturn never got a transformation sequence, but the entire latter half of S revolved around her character, not to mention the first few episodes of Stars developed her a little, and you knew a lot about her personality and background and all that. Pluto, on the other hand, never got one episode devoted to her much less half a season and you hardly learned ANYTHING about her or her personality at all. I don't like Pluto in the anime because I personally think she is a very boring and dull character with little personality because the anime creators didn't feel like developing her AT ALL. I love her in the manga, though, where she's a very cool and interesting character.

Starscream
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by Starscream » Tue Oct 21, 2003 7:13 pm

Tux! Everyone's always hatin' on him :(
- David Graña

<3 Happily Married to Jennifer since July 16, 2005 <3

"Conquest is made from the ashes of one’s enemies" - Starscream
My Livejournal.

Judge: "Yes. What? You say if I testify I’ll be killed? Oh. It’s for you." (hands the phone to Fry)
Roberto: (On the phone) "And the other hamburger will also be made of your lungs. So long, pal."
Fry: "I refuse to testify on the grounds that my organs will be chopped up into a patty."
Judge: "Ah, the 67th Amendment."
Futurama, Insane in the Mainframe

Leela’s (former) boss: "Oh my various gods!"
Futurama, How Hermes Requisitioned his Groove Back

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Tue Oct 21, 2003 7:15 pm

Starscream wrote:Tux! Everyone's always hatin' on him :(
Cuz he's an idiot ^^;;; *runs away*
*pops back in* except for PGSM tux..*_* aww yeah.
I mean..*cough* *runs away again*

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

LadyFlameSniper
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by LadyFlameSniper » Tue Oct 21, 2003 7:52 pm

lol at Tiff. PGSM Mamoru is indeed the cute one, still rather cold tho XD

For the topic, definitely Pluto and it pisses me off since I like her so much. :? I said something like this in the other topic, just think about it... She appears in two movies, and three seasons. Yet she's only in around 30 episodes, and we don't learn much about her. Not to mention she only has like 3 civilian outfits >_<

I think she's still cool in the anime considering her lack of appearances. But her manga character is far more interesting.
I think the anime tried to keep her TOO mysterious. In the manga you learn more about her but it's like she retains that mysterious aura...

In the R anime, they should've kept
[spoiler]
her death. It was sad and moving, imagine seeing it animated!

[/spoiler]

Saturn would be second most shafted. I don't have anything to add to what Stephen said about her.
"This guy are sick."- Aeris (Final Fantasy VII)

ParaKiss_Groupie
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by ParaKiss_Groupie » Tue Oct 21, 2003 8:08 pm

I think the Senshi most shafted would be Sailor Kinmoku. She appears in the manga, but in the anime, Princess Kakyuu is not a senshi. And it sucks... Sailor Kinmoku was so cool! I'd love to see her attacks animated. "Kinmoku Fusion Tempest!" "Royal Straight Flush!"

Even in the manga, though, she got shafted. [spoiler]She kills Sailor Chi with her "Kinmoku Fusion Tempest" attack, then uses her "Royal Straight Flush" on Sailor Phi, but its stopped. Then Sailor Phi comes and kills her! She only transforms once! (I may have mixed up those two attacks. It's been a while since I read the Stars manga)[/spoiler]
"I loved you. I was a pentapod monster, but I love you. I was despicable and brutal and turpid, mais je t'aimais, je t'aimais. And there were times when I knew how you felt, and it was hell to know it. My Lolita girl, brave Dolly Schuller."
--Vladimir Nabokov, Lolita

Aya Reiko
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Aya Reiko » Tue Oct 21, 2003 8:52 pm

Pluto

It's lonely guarding the Gate of Time alone for all eternity.

You can forget about love, romance, dating, [insert ecchi stuff here], getting hitched. Meanwhile, her fellow senshi can still do all that.

Poor Puu... :(

(Personally, I think Setsuna is the most attractive of the lot. I doubt she'd have much difficulty attracting the opposite sex... or the same sex if she choses to. [We really don't have much of a clue which way she leans, don't we? :? ])
You seem like the kind of person who'll lie.
However... this sword doesn't lie.

LadyFlameSniper
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by LadyFlameSniper » Tue Oct 21, 2003 9:40 pm

Well she appears to have a little crush on Endymion in the Black Moon arc, but again that was the manga.

Luchia Nanami
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Luchia Nanami » Tue Oct 21, 2003 9:57 pm

Tux!!

He's clearly pretty tough but rarely gets a chance to shine in battle. It's pretty much the same for all the Inners but unlike them he doesn't get all that many eps focused on him.

Rainbow
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Rainbow » Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:00 pm

It doesn't matter to me that Saturn and Pluto weren't shown much, since neither of them are in my top favorites.

Actually, in my extremely biased opinion, I think Taiki and Yaten got shafted, especially Yaten. They only had 28 episodes to be in, and most of that time, Seiya took the spotlight. Seiya, Seiya, Seiya. Bleahh. Yaten only has 2 starring episodes, and one of them she has to share with Minako. Taiki at least gets a few more episodes (yea!) but I still think...yeah, you guys probably know what I think

I've often wondered if it would've been better to introduce all or most of the 13-14 main Senshi sooner, so that they could all get more equal time on screen?
http://rainbow774.tripod.com/

The Realm of the Dessert Senshi. My fanfic series that is set in Crystal Tokyo and includes foreign Senshi, fat Senshi, a Senshi in a wheelchair and a magical hyrax.

FoxFire
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by FoxFire » Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:49 pm

Definately Pluto and Saturn. All of the Outers were shafted in the sense that they didn't appear enough, but when they did Uranus and Neptune dominated. Pluto never really got any episodes dedicated to her, and I remember one website describing Saturn as the unluckiest superhero of all time. She got a few episodes dedicated to her before becoming a senshi, but then she becomes a baby, and then finally becomes a senshi again but is absent for most of the time besides the big fights.
Fox

"You''ll regret being so damn abusive when the electric UFO gods transphase in from Dimension 10 to appoint me Manager of the Universe."
--The Drummer

"We share a culture, same vernacular/Love of physical humor and time spent alone
You with your penchant for spontaneous advents/For sticky unrests to be unearthed and then gone"
--Alanis Morissette

Rainbow
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Rainbow » Wed Oct 22, 2003 4:19 am

Hmm, are we all deciding on who got shafted by who we like the most? We probably have a tendency to view our favorites as not being shown enough. Since I like Taiki and Yaten, I think they should've had their own season, apart from Seiya.

Pluto and Saturn fans, isn't the appeal of those characters that they are mysterious and not shown much? Might they become less mysterious if they were shown a lot? They seem to be the most popular characters, especially Saturn.
http://rainbow774.tripod.com/

The Realm of the Dessert Senshi. My fanfic series that is set in Crystal Tokyo and includes foreign Senshi, fat Senshi, a Senshi in a wheelchair and a magical hyrax.

EmperorBrandon
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by EmperorBrandon » Wed Oct 22, 2003 7:22 am

Rainbow wrote: Pluto and Saturn fans, isn't the appeal of those characters that they are mysterious and not shown much? Might they become less mysterious if they were shown a lot? They seem to be the most popular characters, especially Saturn.
Well, there probably is some appeal there, but it wouldn't have been lost if they had appeared a little more often. Seems a little unfair for Saturn fans that she just disappeared after the Nehellenia story arc and then later magically reappeared right before the big fight with Galaxia. :roll: Could have at least had a few episodes between then (like Uranus, Neptune, and even Pluto got).

As for Saturn's attacks, we only see two in the anime, and neither are planet-destroying. One requires her to sacrifice her life (so she can't practically use it), and the other is a defensive move. I would have liked it if she at least had a henshin and Death Reborn Revolution (an offensive attack, like in SM:AS, that doesn't destroy the world like many believe it to).

Cardcaptor Takato
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Cardcaptor Takato » Wed Oct 22, 2003 7:38 am

I think the Senshi who gets shafted the most is Taiki. I dunno, I just feel like Taiki is a very dull and dry character. There's nothing at all that I like about him, though there's nothing at all that I hate about him, either. I'm just kind of neutral about him. If the story focused more on him, and we learned more about him other than the fact that he likes cultrual clubs, then, maybe he'd be a more interesting character.

Stephen Victor
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Stephen Victor » Wed Oct 22, 2003 7:46 am

Cardcaptor Takato wrote:I think the Senshi who gets shafted the most is Taiki. I dunno, I just feel like Taiki is a very dull and dry character. There's nothing at all that I like about him, though there's nothing at all that I hate about him, either. I'm just kind of neutral about him. If the story focused more on him, and we learned more about him other than the fact that he likes cultrual clubs, then, maybe he'd be a more interesting character.
Really? I don't think Taiki was shafted much at all. He had several episodes dedicated to him, about four or five, I think, and it seemed to me like you knew a lot about his personality. I also think they really developed his character, showing that there was more to him than just being smart, cold and aloof and that he had a nice, friendly, caring side to him as well, apparent especially in the episode with Misa and I think a little bit in the cooking show ep. Setsuna, on the other hand, never even got one episode dedicated to her and you hardly knew anything about her personality, and they didn't seem to develop her or show different sides to her at all.

Oh, and by the way: Sailor Pluto was in exactly twenty-eight episodes. (yes, I counted them, yes, I have no life) I believe she has three in R, fifteen in S and ten in Stars.

Cardcaptor Takato
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Cardcaptor Takato » Wed Oct 22, 2003 8:51 am

Well, I dunno, maybe I just think Taiki has a boring personality? *shrugs* Well, if not Taiki, I'd say Sailor Pluto for reasons state above by others already.

Em
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Em » Wed Oct 22, 2003 9:43 am

Rainbow: I menat overall can be your favoutrite or not really I lik that cat's so you know I reckon they get least attion overrall ( human Aritmes never appered nither did Human Diana)
The Doctor: What''''s the use of a good quotation if you can''''t change it?

[referring back to Ace''''s earlier, rather transparent denial of packing Nitro-9]
The Seventh Doctor: Ace, give me some of that Nitro-9 you''''re not carrying.

The Seventh Doctor: [the Doctor is knelt coughing on the ground having blown up a Dalek with some nitro-9 explosive. The fuse had a shorter time on it than Ace told him] Ace! You said ten seconds.
Ace: Nobody''''s perfect Professor

"He seriously looks like a hot chocolate pimp"- peachvampiress on Johnny Depp in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Helping mate find her way out of college wiht other mate due to the fact she didn't have contact len's in
"He was cute"
"That was a women"
"Really?"
"Yes"

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Wed Oct 22, 2003 10:41 am

EmperorBrandon wrote:
Well, there probably is some appeal there, but it wouldn't have been lost if they had appeared a little more often. Seems a little unfair for Saturn fans that she just disappeared after the Nehellenia story arc and then later magically reappeared right before the big fight with Galaxia. :roll: Could have at least had a few episodes between then (like Uranus, Neptune, and even Pluto got).
You guys need to thinka bout the storyline. What reason would there have been for Saturn to pop up after Nehelenia? I love Saturn as much as the next Saturn fan, but there would have been NO REASON for her. She can't really attack without large consequences (and i'm not counting Silence Wall, becuase that's strictly defense), so she's of no use until they have to fight a large enemy: AKA Galaxia. If they had included her in all of those filler and starlights episodes, she would have just been standing there all the time.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

LadyFlameSniper
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by LadyFlameSniper » Wed Oct 22, 2003 3:59 pm

Rainbow wrote:
Pluto and Saturn fans, isn't the appeal of those characters that they are mysterious and not shown much? Might they become less mysterious if they were shown a lot? They seem to be the most popular characters, especially Saturn.
..Yes but like I said it's possible to make characters stay mysterious while developing their characters more. Ie: Pluto's manga counterpart. Saturn gets developed in S though.

Pluto showed up twice between the beginning and end of Stars to fight along with Sailor Moon and another time to fight with Uranus and Neptune if i remember correctly.. I don't think there's any real reason she couldn't do so more often besides two episodes.

And if Silence Glaive Surprise does indeed end Saturn's life, perhaps they shouldn't have made that change and kept it as a powerful, non-sacrificing attack. Or couldn't she use her Glaive as a combat weapon to fight, like Pluto does with her Time Staff?

Also I'm not saying Setsuna and Hotaru should've been in every single episode of Stars or whatever season. But they could have appeared in more episodes than they did.

RyoRei0110
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by RyoRei0110 » Wed Oct 22, 2003 4:37 pm

As far as popularity goes, I think Makoto gets shafted the most. Anime-wise I would say... Yaten, Makoto and maybe Mamoru. I haven't read all of the manga so I just won't decide from there.
::cries:: Its been forver!! And this place has changed... oh how I''ve missed it all ::hugs::