Animation errors.

The amazing anime that this site is dedicated to.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

ahiru
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by ahiru » Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:44 pm

Sakuya wrote:
Umino wrote:Hey! Look behind Usagi! it's Minako! =P
:shock: Complete with an orange shirt.
haha whoa that's weird. :shock:

MollyNephlite_Fan
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by MollyNephlite_Fan » Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:05 pm

In, I think, the last episode of the R season. Chibi Usa sees her parents and the sailor scouts and they are all older and stuff (and Venus looks really fat in her chin and legs) Mercury isn't wearing a tiara. Did anyone else see that?

jupiter23
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by jupiter23 » Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:09 pm

MollyNephlite_Fan wrote:In, I think, the last episode of the R season. Chibi Usa sees her parents and the sailor scouts and they are all older and stuff (and Venus looks really fat in her chin and legs) Mercury isn't wearing a tiara. Did anyone else see that?
I can't say that I noticed anything like that. Then again, I think that shot goes by pretty fast.

MollyNephlite_Fan
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by MollyNephlite_Fan » Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:11 pm

and also, in the last doom tree episode (in the dub its called "Treed") the scouts are all looking for a way in and Mars goes "How are we gonna get in?" but its Venus's voice. I thought that was weird....

jupiter23
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by jupiter23 » Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:19 pm

That isn't really an animation error, that's more of a recording screw up, and if it was in the dub, it doesn't surprise me in the least little bit.

MollyNephlite_Fan
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by MollyNephlite_Fan » Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:11 am

jupiter23 wrote:That isn't really an animation error, that's more of a recording screw up, and if it was in the dub, it doesn't surprise me in the least little bit.
Your sure right about that.

Another one I just noticed: :lol: Before Chibi Usa becomes Super Chibi Moon, (when she is just normal Chibi Moon) sometimes she is wearing those extra six head pieces and sometimes she isn't. thats pretty much laziness i think :wink:

Pipestrell
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Pipestrell » Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:10 pm

MollyNephlite_Fan wrote:Another one I just noticed: :lol: Before Chibi Usa becomes Super Chibi Moon, (when she is just normal Chibi Moon) sometimes she is wearing those extra six head pieces and sometimes she isn't. thats pretty much laziness i think :wink:
I was pretty sure they were consistent with whether she had them or not on either side of episode 111 where those hair ornaments first appear. Do you remember when they screwed up with it?
Rosencrantz: Do you think death could be a boat?
Guildenstern: No; Death is not, it isn’t. Death is the ultimate negative; not being. You can’t not be on a boat.
Rosencrantz: I’ve frequently not been on boats.
Guildenstern: No; what you’ve been, is not on boats.

Usagi04
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Usagi04 » Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:56 pm

MollyNephlite_Fan wrote:In, I think, the last episode of the R season. Chibi Usa sees her parents and the sailor scouts and they are all older and stuff (and Venus looks really fat in her chin and legs) Mercury isn't wearing a tiara. Did anyone else see that?
I noticed the part about Mercury's tiara. ;-)
"The moonlight carries the message of love."
~Tsukino Usagi~

MollyNephlite_Fan
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by MollyNephlite_Fan » Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:14 pm

Usagi04 wrote:
I noticed the part about Mercury's tiara. ;-)
I paused the movie to look at all of them and I was like "What a big happy family!" and I was like "WHOA! Mercury isn't wearing a tiara!"

TonyOctober 2.0
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by TonyOctober 2.0 » Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:39 pm

Celexa wrote:I remember in one S episode (Japanese episode 93 "Usagi Yearns! The Elegant Genius Michiru" English episode 86 "Bad Harmony) when Sailor Moon is yelling at the daimon, there were some errors. They forgot the red jewels in her hair, and even drew hair lines. I can't screencap it because the DVD player is somehow coordinated with Paint, but it's sorta weird not to see the red jewels there.
They also did that in "Nightmare in Dreamland" too!

Mandi Hamato
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Mandi Hamato » Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:33 am

In the second to last ep of SMR; when they show a group shot of the royal couple and the Senshi, the Sailor Senshi (who are standing behind the couple) all have huge heads!

http://www.serenitatis.com/images/actua ... le_001.jpg

In the R movie, at the end Luna makes a comment about everyone being okay. In both the japanese version and the dub you see her mouth move as the camera pans up before you hear her speak!

The manga had a few goofs too, with Serenity's cresent moon birthmark changing sizes.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:00 pm

Mandi Hamato wrote:In the second to last ep of SMR; when they show a group shot of the royal couple and the Senshi, the Sailor Senshi (who are standing behind the couple) all have huge heads!

http://www.serenitatis.com/images/actua ... le_001.jpg
o.O I don't see anything wrong with the proportions of the senshis' heads. If anything, Ithink Endymion's is abnormally tiny.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:08 pm

...Shizzle, it is 0___o. That's weird looking. And I don't think his huge ass pants help either.

*refrains from the the obvious perverted jokes that could be made about Mamoru's small head*
Peachvampiress has an account on DeviantArt. Insanity Within.
And a Myspace account for her clothing designs.

"A number of times, the only thing that kept me out of a satin box was that I could size up the other guy maybe half a second quicker than he could me."

"What the fuck are you talking about? You're taped to a chair."
~Suicide Kings

Kameko
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Kameko » Sat Nov 05, 2005 10:18 pm

His pants look like clown pants.
Everybody was a baby once, Arthur. Oh, sure, maybe not today, or even yesterday. But once. Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you''ve got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception.

Malachite
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Malachite » Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:00 am

Here's one I'm surprised no one noticed yet. In the Sailor Moon S episode where Tuxedo Mask is crystalized and abducted by Kaorinite. As that episode ends, we see Usagi with her arms around the entombed Tux, while Kaorinite is guffawing a ways aways and Senishenta is off to the side. When the next episode starts up, not only are Kaorinite and Senishenta now standing together between Usagi and TM, but Tux's ice crystal looks different, and he's frozen in a different pose.

Chase Man!
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by Chase Man! » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:53 pm

Wow, I'm surpried noone noticed this...

During the SuperS transformation with Usagi and Chbiusa, right after they're done transforming (the end of the stock footage), when they STRIKE A POSE!!, for some reason, someone forgot to animate the pupils (or white things to the eyes) at the end, AND NO ONE NOTICED IT THROUGHOUT THE SEASON! It's like what happended to Usagi at the end of the R "movie", but that was for dramtic effect...

Weridly, on the SuperS "movie", they fixed it. I guess the rule of thumb for stock footage (ANYWHERE) is "Just leave it alone, nobody will care or noticed." "Unless we have to update it for specials reasons."

supersailorearth
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by supersailorearth » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:19 pm

Chase Man! wrote:Wow, I'm surpried noone noticed this...

During the SuperS transformation with Usagi and Chbiusa, right after they're done transforming (the end of the stock footage), when they STRIKE A POSE!!, for some reason, someone forgot to animate the pupils (or white things to the eyes) at the end, AND NO ONE NOTICED IT THROUGHOUT THE SEASON! It's like what happended to Usagi at the end of the R "movie", but that was for dramtic effect...

Weridly, on the SuperS "movie", they fixed it. I guess the rule of thumb for stock footage (ANYWHERE) is "Just leave it alone, nobody will care or noticed." "Unless we have to update it for specials reasons."

That drove me CRAZY the entire season!!!!!!

Sailormars Obsessed fan
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailormars Obsessed fan » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:46 am

I did notice that but I guess the fact that the whole sequence horrifies me on its own I didn't really think much of it
"The great library of Willendorf, filled with dull tomes of trite accounts by pompous historians about matters that could not possibly be of interest to anyone but themselves." Kain -- Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

Cardcaptor Takato
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Cardcaptor Takato » Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:09 pm

That reminds me of how in the entire series, whenever Mercury used her Shabom Spray attack, one of her gloves would briefly disappear during the scene, but then they randomly fixed it in the S movie.
"If we can''t comprehend the plan at hand, how could a higher plan make any more sense? I'd say you can only be a martyr if you know what you are dying for, and choose it"-Elphaba

"Those who made mistakes blame themselves and close their hearts. It's impossible to fix a mistake. Man can't return to the past. That's why we drink. Drunks, lushes, sliding alcohol down their throats to dilute the memories that can't be denied.-Vash The Stampede"