2009 Valentine's Banner Contest

Discussion of any of the other sections of the site can be discussed here, as well as anything regarding these forums themselves.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

2009 Valentine's Banner Contest

Post by Tiff » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:59 am

Time for the 2009 SMU Valentine Banner Contest!

This year's theme is love between friends. No, I don't mean friends with benefits =P I'm talking about the fact that Valentine's Day can have more to do with other types of love than romantic love. I want the banners to depict loving friendships throughout Sailor Moon.

This can include but is not limited to: Chibiusa and Hotaru, the inner senshi, the outer senshi, villains who are close to one another, Fiore and Mamoru, etc.

Rules:

1) Your banner must contain two or more characters depicted in a close friendship. Images may come from anime, manga, or live-action.

2) Banner must be 300 x 137 in size and in GIF, PNG, or JPG format. You may submit up to 2.

3) You are allowed to use brushes, backgrounds, and edit any original images. Photoshop filters are fine, and I have no problem if you want to add extra pictures/clip parts. If you use a brush, credit the brushmaker in your post. Please be careful about text and fonts. I MUST be able to read it.

4) The banner needs to say "Sailor Moon Uncensored Forums" or some form of it (shortening it to SMU Forums is fine) and have the url, "http://www.smuncensored.com" (or smuncensored.com, etc) on it. This must be done in a readable font (this includes size, style, and color)

5) I'm going to bend this rule this year. You may join the contest if you've been a member BEFORE today. You do not have to have been a member for two weeks, as in previous contests. If you're unsure if you qualify, PM me.

OTHER GUIDELINES:

1) Please try to use a readable font, both type and color. I cannot stress this enough.

2) e-Bay eative-Cray

THE DEADLINE IS SATURDAY, JAN 31, 2009

I would like you to upload the banner to your webspace (if you have one) and paste the link here, so that everyone may view your creation. If you do not have webspace, email it to me, and I'll upload it for you. DO NOT POST THE IMAGE ITSELF HERE.

Prizes are as follows:

1st: Banner displayed Feb 8-21, avatar made by me

2nd: Banner displayed Feb 1-7, avatar made by me.

3rd: Banned displayed Feb 22-28, avatar made by me.

Have fun, and I hope we get a lot of entries! If you have any questions, let me know. ^^

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

Butterscotch
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Butterscotch » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:58 pm

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:11 pm

Huzzah!

I sincerely hope this isn't the only entry, people. I asked if you wanted a contest, and you said yes. SO ENTER =P

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

Sailormars Obsessed fan
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailormars Obsessed fan » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:17 am

Ok here's my entry. I still havent figured out how to add borders to an image (I dont know why photoshop cant have "Add Border" as a menu selection, but I still think I did a good job with this one.

"The great library of Willendorf, filled with dull tomes of trite accounts by pompous historians about matters that could not possibly be of interest to anyone but themselves." Kain -- Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:12 am

Sailormars Obsessed fan wrote:Ok here's my entry. I still havent figured out how to add borders to an image (I dont know why photoshop cant have "Add Border" as a menu selection, but I still think I did a good job with this one.

Thanks!

There actually is a border function ^^; I know Joe uses it a lot.

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

Slrjoecool
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by Slrjoecool » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:42 pm

Tiff wrote:
Sailormars Obsessed fan wrote:Ok here's my entry. I still havent figured out how to add borders to an image (I dont know why photoshop cant have "Add Border" as a menu selection, but I still think I did a good job with this one.

Thanks!

There actually is a border function ^^; I know Joe uses it a lot.
It's more of a selection and a "Add Border" function. What you do is go to Select -> All, then Select -> Modify -> Border. Choose the width of the border in pixels, then just use the paint bucket or brush to fill in the border.
~~ Married to my Tiffu on August 4th, 2007 ~~

Flesh may cross the portal,
and seek it’s master Death.
Life may go where Death has trod,
and challenge, like Scheherazade,
he who reigns beneath the sod,
to spare a mortal’s breath.

My Journal: Hope
Web Gallery of Michael’s Pictures

NameGoesHere
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by NameGoesHere » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:09 am

http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/4264 ... 009rb9.gif

Bluh. I've been so busy lately that I was worried I wouldn't get this done in time. It isn't my best work... I need to get some new fonts. D:

I decided to use Ami and Michiru, because I think the relationship between them was really interesting (and sweet for those of us who heart rivalry-friendships) for the entire ONE episode where they actually interacted.
NameGoesHere - Now made with 100% more ingredients.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:02 am

YAY JADE =D

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama